• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Monodi

Oct 27, 2017
Sonoran Desert
All good things come to an end, and the Wii's acclaimed Shop Channel is no exception. They did announce the service will be terminated by 2019, but as soon as March 2018 they will not allow you to purchase any more Wii points, disabling any new purchases.

It is still good timing to gather for WiiWare exclusives and ports of your favorite titles on the Virtual Console, which if you ask me has better emulation than on Wii U.

Ever since 2013, I had started to get prepared for any upcoming service shutdowns, since then I got Mega Man 9 and 10, Rondo of Blood, Sin & Punishment, Pulseman, and Top Hunter. I currently plan on getting one or two more NeoGeo games, Monster World IV, and possibly Castlevania ReBirth. If you wanna check out any small eccentric games, there's also Tomena Sanner which only requires one button. I also got Cave Story long ago and I don't think I am getting thru Hell any time soon.

Are there any other titles you highly recommend to not miss out while there is still time?