• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This looks super interesting, I love the art style. Souls with guns is definitely interesting to me.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me but man the moment I turned on my controller the controls and gameplay just felt that much better.

Something about these kinds of games I feel just go better with controllers.

monkyrez

Oct 27, 2017
Only got to play a little bit before I head to bed but I can already say that the movement and gunplay feels really nice. Super excited to dig more into it tomorrow.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely enjoying things so far. Apologies if it was asked and answered but will the preorder items/gear not pop up until the 20th?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man. You can tell it's obviously not the biggest budget in the world but the game has a nice charm to it. The gunplay and even melee feel great and even the generic goons have cool designs.

I think I'm going to like this one very much. Very much indeed.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Also it's running quite well on my rig. 1440p with all settings on max at a nice 60 FPS. I'm happy. I could try for 4K but eh.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me but man the moment I turned on my controller the controls and gameplay just felt that much better.

Good to hear as a controller main myself. Can't wait till I can play a bit later on!

Also it's running quite well on my rig. 1440p with all settings on max at a nice 60 FPS. I'm happy. I could try for 4K but eh.
What is your rig again?

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn this looks cool. Still nothing from PR about our review code tho :(

Also I hope we'll get enough weapons so we have effective, varied playstyles come end game and not the same 2 or 3 cookie cutters.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Just played an hour and a half on xbox one x. Gunplay and melee feel so good. I've played a lot of shooters and those skills translate almost instantly. I think it was my 5th or 6th enemy before I actually missed a single headshot. A little bit of slowdown (and I mean hardly noticeable) when i killed 3 enemies at once with my hammer because of the effects but it was for about a second. And since then I've been to places with WAY more extreme effects and no slowdown. So not sure what caused it in that one instance but it was there.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
One and a half hour flew by! Quick thoughts: The gunplay is awesome! Love when developers allowed mouse and controller input at the same time. The gyro through steam overlay works wonders! Also early access is a good incentive to digital buyers. Hope that the game is well succeeded. It deserves.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
First boss of my campaign down - a nasty dude called Shroud.

There were these red statues around the dungeon before him. Destroying one spawned the boss early but I died in my only attempt - I now wonder if I could have killed him early.

CrackaFett

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Played for an hour so far. Really enjoying the gun play on PC with KB/M. One thing I noticed is I can't unbind menus like the character menu. So by default X is switch weapons and C is character menu... Def got me killed with that lol. Anyways changed switch weapons to a mouse button to fix that. Also runs great at 1440p. Hunter with a mouse feels op lmao. Recorded a few mins of gameplay https://youtu.be/FgeNjnDSn9Q

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, is there a spot to report bugs anywhere? There's a crazy one that makes my game on the X run literally like a slideshow, like 5fps.

Other than that, game is an absolute dream, just wish it had a 1080/60 option. 🤤

MrBungle26

Feb 20, 2018
Philadelphia, PA
Heads up for the PC players. If you like your crouch button C like i do, then go to C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Local\Remnant\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini and you can change it in there. Should be the same for a few other control options if you want to change anything else. For some reason they don't let you change the inventory buttons and chracter is C be default. Hopefully they will change that soon. Other than that game is great really liking it so far!

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, it's nice to listen to stories from a kind old man.

If you meet Mud Tooth - let him bend your ear for a while.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Played a little off and online. Game is fun. Def a little low budget but they sure spent the money on the gunplay and enemy design. Feels good with a controller. Can't wait to play over the weekend.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
How do you switch to melee weapon on PC? X just switches between weapons, as does mouse wheel. Is there a button just for melee?

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, playing with an Xbox Elite controller feels great in this. M/KB is fine too outside of not being able to fully customize/rebind some keys. Current preference is controller but I'll go back-and-forth. Game is definitely very Soulsy....Prepare to Die.

How do you switch to melee weapon on PC? X just switches between weapons, as does mouse wheel. Is there a button just for melee?

Yea, I couldn't figure that out either, seems to just switch to melee weapon/mode when I get close enough and then if I hit the aim button/key I switch back to a ranged weapon

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So Far

The good
  • Enemy designs are very good
  • Meaty gunplay
  • Good Enemy attack / movement design
The bad
  • Maps feel mediocre at best, can tell the tiles being used for the procedural generation
  • Main base seems poorly designed
  • Different vendors don't have different icons on map in game
So far feeling like a 7-8.5 range. Really depends on level design

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Left click without aiming down sights is melee - there is no hip firing 👍
Ah great! Thanks.

Does anyone know if the skins for the armor are in the VIP weekend too? I don't seem to have the option to change the appearance of my starter armor yet.
Scratch that, you get the ability to choose the skin on your armor after the tutorial!

Super happy with how the game plays so far. I have to get ready for work now but will jump back in tonight.

Has anyone had issues with the Achievements? I seem to be popping more than they should be.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Played for a couple of hours this morning and I like it a lot - gunplay is tight and the enemies are very cool.

Level design is pretty straight forward but I have found some goodies tucked away in corners so exploration is encouraged.

Overall I am very happy and am looking forward to playing more after work.

InternHertz

Oct 25, 2017
Brussels, Belgium
I played a bit until I got to the first checkpoint. Too early to say anything for now, I'll continue playing tonight.

However, I'm on Steam and got a metric ton of achievements at once, is that normal or a bug ?
I began the game, 6 achievements were unlocked. Each time I unlocked a small thing it would pop 3 achievements at once, etc
It seemed excessive and I can't check them because the game is not yet officially unlocked.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I played a bit until I got to the first checkpoint. Too early to say anything for now, I'll continue playing tonight.

However, I'm on Steam and got a metric ton of achievements at once, is that normal or a bug ?
I began the game, 6 achievements were unlocked. Each time I unlocked a small thing it would pop 3 achievements at once, etc
It seemed excessive and I can't check them because the game is not yet officially unlocked.

The achievements are bugged atm. People on Steam forums are reporting getting tons of achievements at once.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England

I think it's a bug. If you read some of those achievements they're for aquiring a certain number of mods and armor sets... not just 1, like we got.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Oh boy that first boss battle makes me sweat like an Iron Banner pvp match.... time to grind some materials to over level

chrisdm

Oct 27, 2017
Northeast United States
Yeah, I'm getting 3 achievements per thing I'm doing in the tutorial.

Very much enjoying this so far, but my only gripe is that you have to conserve stamina in Ward 13. It would be nice to just have infinite stamina so you can just get where you need to get. Sucks to have to slow down to go between vendors. Maybe this will be less of an issue moving forward in the game?

Maxi

Oct 25, 2017
vhG9mCk.png

Long live the Queen Of Hunting Can't wait to check it out in earnest after watching the Easy Allies stream yesterday. I've got work and some RL obligations to fight with this weekend though. Bring on Sunday evening!

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Holy shit, is there a spot to report bugs anywhere? There's a crazy one that makes my game on the X run literally like a slideshow, like 5fps.

Other than that, game is an absolute dream, just wish it had a 1080/60 option. 🤤

You could try to ping tragic and see if he reports your issue forward, he is one of the devs on the game.