Remnant From The Ashes |OT| A New Soul Rises From The Ashes

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Woo! Just beat The Ent. I actually liked that Boss fight, solo, at least - a large open arena so I didn't keep getting hung up on stuff, it's clear where the boss is, and the boss has discernable tells. If I'm taking damage, it's clear what I did wrong. The adds are also used well - you're spinning plates, yeah, but unlike Shroud and Gorefist, you can clearly tell when more plates have been added and deal with them as necessary.

I really want to find the key to that portal or whatever in the basement.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm of the opinion that the optional (RNG) Mangler boss on Earth should be a fixed first boss.
He's significantly easier than Gorefist or Shroud (solo or otherwise) and does a great job of introducing and teaching a player how to manage adds while pushing boss DPS when the opportunity arises.

Danteyke223

Oct 24, 2018
I finished the game twice already, but I feel that a lot of things are teased for future dlc or content updates. And a lot of things I were expecting as a payoff to certain story threads never came. Especially related to The Iskal which is damn near dissapointing, plus that ending is just weird.

Astraer

Oct 28, 2017
Really can't beat this final boss, really putting a dampener on the game for me. I never even get hit by the boss, it's just the constant adds.

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I'm of the opinion that the optional (RNG) Mangler boss on Earth should be a fixed first boss.
He's significantly easier than Gorefist or Shroud (solo or otherwise) and does a great job of introducing and teaching a player how to manage adds while pushing boss DPS when the opportunity arises.
To be honest i beat Shroud as my first boss after about 20 attempts (solo and with a shotgun) and it prepared me for the rest of the bosses a lot! After that the other bosses are relatively easier since i am always aware of the adds, my position and the boss attack (specially based on the sound that the bosses make after most of their attacks).

Switch Back 9

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How do you get people to join your game? Is there an item like the bell in Bloodborne?

I want to try the game coop and have it set to public but haven't seen another soul all day

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Jesus does this play clunky. World is boring too, spawning enemies defeats the entire purpose of such a game and the traits are utterly boring stat-dumps.

There was another Dark Souls-esque shooting game a while back, that was also terrible, but even that felt better. What was it called again?

Hard pass.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Jesus does this play clunky. World is boring too, spawning enemies defeats the entire purpose of such a game and the traits are utterly boring stat-dumps.

There was another Dark Souls-esque shooting game a while back, that was also terrible, but even that felt better. What was it called again?

Hard pass.
Clunky? I'm loving the combat.

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada

Hard pass.
Dude really? Are you still in the intro? With friends I’m having a great time. The first patch up to the first boss was a little... chancey. But since then, as I’m powered up and ready to go it feels great

r3n4ud

Oct 25, 2017
Quebec
I played for three hours and realized achievements aren’t unlocking. I should have two unlocked.

Read on Steam forums and it was recommended to restart the game, so I did. Achievements still not unlocking. Is this a common bug on pc?

Raide

Oct 31, 2017
Rolled a new char, just to try a more melee focused build. Got the sewers event for the melee attack speed upgrade. Noice. Also then got the havels ring one too. Good start. Just need to gear up.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
How far did you get into the game?

I'd also like to know what Dark Souls-esque shooting game you were talking about. I'd love to check it out if it is anything like this.
Just so long that I could still return it. Killed two bosses.

Found it:

Raide

Oct 31, 2017
How far did you get into the game?

I'd also like to know what Dark Souls-esque shooting game you were talking about. I'd love to check it out if it is anything like this.
Immortal Unchained perhaps? Saw LobosJr play it and it looked OK but a little clunky in places. A similar setup to how world's work, minus the random stuff.

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This game has been an absolute blast so far on Xbox.

Played for like 5+ hours straight with a random in co-op and I don’t remember the last time I’ve been this involved with a new game again.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Found it:

Just so long that I could still return it. Killed two bosses.
You must be a beast if you got through the tutorial and killed two bosses in two hours.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
Played around 4 hours, still in the first world/area. Found three accessories (two rings and a necklace) a new full set of armour and two guns and fought two bosses. Playing mostly solo so far. Had a bit earlier where I played with a random person when I opened my game up.

Really liking it, just trying to get friends to buy it now.

JDFaulky

Oct 25, 2017
I'm digging the game so far, but I'm disappointed that the co-op isn't as big of a focus as I originally thought. Played for a few hours and no one joined my game. I feel like you kinda need friends in order to play this one. I'm going to keep pushing forward but I bought the game with the impression that it was an online co-op shooter and it doesn't seem like it's very friendly to solo players looking to join others.

LossAversion

Oct 28, 2017
REALLY loving the vibe of the environments in this game so far. The story and the characters are a lot more interesting than I was expecting. The shooting feels really good too. Just hope that we get the option to adjust the deadzones in the analog sticks at some point.

So can I play through the story solo and then take that same character online to help other players? Like, do I get locked into NG+ if I beat the game solo or can I still help newer players that want to play co-op on their first run?