• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
So yeah, I can't defeat the final boss. The first form is brain dead easy, but eventually I'll die in the second form because of the radioactive area where I need to kill monsters. Is there an easy way to deal with this? I can dodge all the attacks but it takes ages to deal serious damage.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
So yeah, I can't defeat the final boss. The first form is brain dead easy, but eventually I'll die in the second form because of the radioactive area where I need to kill monsters. Is there an easy way to deal with this? I can dodge all the attacks but it takes ages to deal serious damage.
It a gimmick fight.

kill as much as you can in radioactive zone to increase multiplyer, then hit the portal out. Use mods like hotshot or swarm that do continuous damage and attack the boss.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
It a gimmick fight.

kill as much as you can in radioactive zone to increase multiplyer, then hit the portal out. Use mods like hotshot or swarm that do continuous damage and attack the boss.
It's what I'm doing, but the massive damage is only when you hit the weak point inside his chest, and it seems so...random? I mean, I keep damaging the boss, he eventually opens the chest, sometimes I can heavily damage him, sometimes I do no damage because I suppose I don't hit his weak point at all. What weapons do you suggest?

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
It's what I'm doing, but the massive damage is only when you hit the weak point inside his chest, and it seems so...random? I mean, I keep damaging the boss, he eventually opens the chest, sometimes I can heavily damage him, sometimes I do no damage because I suppose I don't hit his weak point at all. What weapons do you suggest?
Are you using those skills? I found that more important than weapon

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just use the hotshot mod and pop it to set him on fire. That'll stagger him and then you shoot the head of the little guy inside him for massive damage.

Just kill enemies in the dimension, go out, pop hotshot, shoot boss, he staggers, then shoot weakspot

MochaD124

Oct 25, 2017

Once you see yourself getting teleported pop a regen healing item to help deal with the damage in the other zone. Solo you will only need to take out around 10 enemies (leave once the boss enemies start spawning) and it really helps to use swarm or turrets to kill them faster. As soon as you get back, pop hotshot and deal some damage to the boss - the hotshot does most of the work to stagger him so don't waste all of your ammo. With hotshot and around 10 of the buff you are almost guaranteed to stagger him and can finish the fight in 2-3 rounds.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Holy shit I think my game bugged out. So I figured the right strategy to kill Nightmare.
But.
The game after a while gave me this problem. When I enter the vortex I can't get out. There are two portals to leave the area, both are...locked? I can't find a way to leave the area and bosses start appearing here too, I go from one portal to the other, no luck. Wtf? Is this a common bug or there's something I need to do?
EDIT: Nevermind, it was REALLY a bug. I switched to offline mode and managed to kill the boss on my first try.
Really liked the game, I'll leave it installed to do a second run.

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I got the game last night and I'm a bit confused...

I got to Earth and my objective is to find the subway entrance...

I explored the map and found a locked door with a checkpoint behind it. I also found two manholes. One lead to a small dungeon that I cleared.

The second one led to another dungeon that has a second level with a boss that pretty much one shots me...

Is this really the way to go?

I've looked at walkthroughs and they all pretty much just say "Get out of the hideout, explore the map and then talk to the church lady"...

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
So I got the game last night and I'm a bit confused...

I got to Earth and my objective is to find the subway entrance...

I explored the map and found a locked door with a checkpoint behind it. I also found two manholes. One lead to a small dungeon that I cleared.

The second one led to another dungeon that has a second level with a boss that pretty much one shots me...

Is this really the way to go?

I've looked at walkthroughs and they all pretty much just say "Get out of the hideout, explore the map and then talk to the church lady"...
A lot of the game is randomly generated, walkthrough can't really give instructions about where to go other than the few maps inbetween random ones that are mandatory for story.

If you got to a boss then it is most likely the right direction. There's only 1 boss in the game that you're kinda not supposed to fight immediately as you locate it, but that's not on Earth.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the game is randomly generated, walkthrough can't really give instructions about where to go other than the few maps inbetween random ones that are mandatory for story.

If you got to a boss then it is most likely the right direction. There's only 1 boss in the game that you're kinda not supposed to fight immediately as you locate it, but that's not on Earth.
Welp ok... Well this is gonna be though haha

Thanks

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Welp ok... Well this is gonna be though haha

Thanks
If this is your first boss, then I assume you faced Gorefist? He's the tougher one of the 2 bosses you might face. The main trick is to learn the dodge timing to use their i-frames and not focus too much on him and instead keep on your toes for the suicidal adds that pop up

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
If this is your first boss, then I assume you faced Gorefist? He's the tougher one of the 2 bosses you might face. The main trick is to learn the dodge timing to use their i-frames and not focus too much on him and instead keep on your toes for the suicidal adds that pop up
No, it's actually Shroud

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Okay, with Shroud it's a matter of listening for the rapid fire arrows, and either dodging its "bombardment" attack, or standing under a catwalk so that it physically blocks those from hitting you

aCid

Aug 18, 2018
Canada
Anyone interested in helping me take down Riphide?

I tried it soloing at least 20 times so far and near the end, it is so disheartening having it so close dead but then come back. no way I'm able to manage so many of them, when the regen starts. I tried making a b-line to take the regen out but there are too many of them, I get stunlocked to death. I've even been trying to use the turret mod to pull aggro but it's not enough.

any tips? It's my first time through so any help is greatly appreciated!

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
So bought the game a while back and recently finished it. I beat it together with my brother on Nightmare difficulty, on our first playthrough... We didn't find out until it was too late that it was a dumb decision.

So here's a quick log of two foolish hunters in a nightmare.

We sort of did a blind playthrough. Going into Remnant: From the Ashes, I wanted to be a support of some kind. Read beginner tips. Learned to keep all upgrades even, something about scaling with your top upgraded equipment, didn't really understand everything else at the timne. In the end not sure if armor upgrades helped much when you get one shot most of the time.

The levels and dungeons felt fair. Although, one dungeon before the Canker was particularly memorable. Felt like we fought elite after elite. There were Screaming Mantis' at every corner and Hammermans or Big Boys charged at us relentlessly. The gunners were deadly too. The elites were just so tanky. The narrow spaces of the dungeon made the effectiveness of our savior subpar. We failed to clear through it many times. Twice we felt we were close to the end. In the end we fought halfway through and popped an Adrenaline to run to the end. Luckily one of us made it through.

The bosses are absolute tanks.

Cult of the Root - Killed one Root Heart gave up on second because the dungeon layout was awful with too many spawning points. First heart we bunkered down across a hallway.

Gorefist - Ran up to a roundabout up the stairways straight from entrance. Learned to rotate Hunter's Mark.

Root Mother - Brother takes one side I take the other. Hot Shot weapon mod to focus down elites.

The Ent - Shoot glowing thing visible from the front when Ent uses attacks with both arms.

Maul - First time we got a third memeber. Got carried. Remade group (kicked) after. First look at our savior.

Scourge - First roadblock. Countless deaths. Luckily pulled one add to a corner where spores couldn't hit. Brother fought boss alone from 50% to 10%, got wounded, I went to save him, got the revive, lone add died, brother died. Boss is at 5%, all adds respawn, chaos ensues. I run like a chicken who knows guerilla warfare. With luck got the boss down.

Ancient Construct - The one who bestowed us our savior.

The Lost Gantry - Ran to the upperleft corner from the entrance. Bunkered down with turrets and tentacles.

Claviger - Drop turrets in front near boss so they don't get lasered down.

The Unclean One - Booty

Canker - Quadruple Tentacles. Waves killed turrets. Very sad times. Found a spot of land further in where we can use as a choke point for adds and waves don't break turrets as much.

Ixillis - Second roadblock. It was impossible for us to interrupt both of their charge up before the scream (instadeath) without turrets, in our experience. Many strategies attempted to mitigate wisps. None worked. Got good and shot them down the old fashioned way. I fell off a handful too many times on good attempts...

Shrine of the Immortals - Bunkered down at top right corner from entrance.

The Warden - Our only boss killed on first attempt.

The Ravager - Attacks slide far

Dreamer/Nightmare - Third roadblock. Although, not much deaths. Dreamer, easy enough. Nightmare we figured out the mechanics (damage multiplier), but with grey damage and barely putting a dent into its hp we thought it would be too much of a chore (impossible), the bugs didn't help (Weapon mods not working, portal not working). We gave in. Looked up its mechanic and found out it exposes the Dreamer allowing for massive damage. After testing and confirming if we could hit the threshold to open him up, we got him down. tbh, Nightmare is a pretty boring boss, especially if you're the one on the surface.

Weapons
Hunting Rifle
- Trusty rifle.
Beam Rifle - Wasted upgrades on it thinking it would build up Mod Power faster. It didn't feel like it did and had no stagger. I went back to Old Trusty.

Repeater Pistol - Took care of me until we found the SMG
Submachine Gun - Mainly used to build up Hunter's Mark.
Curse of the Jungle God - My Brother's main hand gun. He got very good at positioning the tentacles during encounters.

Weapon Mods
Mender's Aura
- Useless
Hot Shot
Hunter's Mark - So good. The best support is offensive support!
Song of the Sword - Brother used on last boss.
Iron Sentinel - Our Savior.

Melee
Nope.

Armor
Hunter
- og
Cultist - Turrets til the end.
Radiant - Brother used during last boss.

Amulet/Rings
Galenic Charm
- First amulet just fyi.
Mender's Charm - Second amulet worn and it stayed on until the final boss.
Gunsligner Charm - For Final Boss

Ring of Evasion - First ring and wore it all the way to the final boss.
Ring of the Admiral - Gorefist and Ent. Got one shot anyways, might as well do more damage.
Hunter's Band - Never left my second ring slot once I found it.
Hunter's Halo - Used during final boss. Ring of Evasion didn't matter. Had no better rings to use.

Traits
Teamwork
- 10, Thought it would unlock more Support traits.
Vigor - First Max
Executioner - Second Max
Scavenger - Third Max
Triage - Forth Max, to help mitigate DoT during final boss.

In conclusion, I don't recommend playing on Nightmare difficulty on a first run. It's doable, but I think we were lucky. Not sure on solo. Probably easier with three people. imo, the game is best played on Hard.

After our Nightmare run, we beat the game on Hard wanting to experience more of the bosses, but in a less stressful way. I'm personally not a fan of the implementation of randomized dungeons/bosses, but I can understand the choice. We tried getting certain weapons after looking them up, but weren't able to get them to appear. At least it keeps new playthroughs semi-fresh.

Currently duoing through Hardcore on Normal.

Remnant: From the Ashes has been fun. Not sure if the devs were inspired by the aesthetics and atmosphere of the Souls games, but they got the feel down, imo. This game got my attention from its looks and I'm usually not into shooters. It's a great game and I'll be awaiting the DLC.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
Double post. Should I have edited my comment above? Oh well.

Anyways finished Hardcore Normal. The Empowering Loop never leaves my ring slot anymore. Ring of Supremacy is nice, but unless you're always at long range, you're bound to get hit during a fight. Especially bosses. Ring of Accord, is it bugged? Didn't seem like it works 100% of the time. The rest are pretty situational. One fun thing to do with Nightmare Spiral is to fight the Ent with Leto's Armor. Stay at a decent range and tank everything. Every time it goes down and shows it weakspot, you can constantly shoot it without stopping lol.

Currently playing around with a melee build. It still works well on Hard. I have my doubts on if it'd work on Nightmare difficulty though.

That's it for me. Thank you for the game, Gunfire Games!

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I bought it on steam some days ago when it was on sale on steam because I've heard good things about it. Put like 6.5 hours into it.
You see everywhere that it's a game on a smaller budget, from asset quantity to animation and voice acting. But I enjoy it a lot so far, feels good to play and upgrading is satisfying.
Only gripe is that it's rather easy. Maybe it's because I'm playing on PC, but after and initial feeling out phase I got an understanding of the systems and am now on my 5th checkpoint in a row without dying. Also, there's no penalty for dying so not that much to lose. Guess I'm souls spoiled and expected something different. But I'm sure it will get more difficult.

And still, great game and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Apr 3, 2018
Started playing this this weekend thanks to GamePass. Brother and I have been looking for something to replace Destiny 2 and we ended up playing this most of Sunday together.

I'm surprised by the amount of polish it has for what was billed as a "budget title" (not using derisively). Voice acting is good, the game feels good to play, and I'm enjoying the pseudo-Souls elements.

Just entered the Labyrinth (I think it's called)? Had a few questions.

My weapons feel very week right now. I've upgraded both starting weapons to +5 but can't go higher because I haven't found the correct materials needed to upgrade further. Using the Hunter's Rifle and the starting handgun. Are there any specific guns I should be keeping a look out for at this point in the game? Or does the random nature of boss battles make weapon upgrades tougher to pin down?

I chose a cultist because the heal mod seemed somewhat useful. But cooldown is so long that I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth.. Should I be using something else?

Finally, as someone who likes more of a mid-range playstyle (Hunter's Rifle feels very good), is there a specific build I should be chasing? Armor/rings/traits/etc.?

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
This game must have been golden mine for reviewers. It is so much fun with great gameplay but everything else is just crippled with mediocre design choices and glitches and stuff. I had fun and I would play sequel if someone else made it lol but... that fucking trashy final boss omg. I eventually gave up because its so annoying, basic and random lol.. so weird boss design in this game.. such a shame, this had a lot of potential all over its face and i genuinely wish all the best to the devs but nah man, that final boss just ewed the whole game for me.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
This game must have been golden mine for reviewers. It is so much fun with great gameplay but everything else is just crippled with mediocre design choices and glitches and stuff. I had fun and I would play sequel if someone else made it lol but... that fucking trashy final boss omg. I eventually gave up because its so annoying, basic and random lol.. so weird boss design in this game.. such a shame, this had a lot of potential all over its face and i genuinely wish all the best to the devs but nah man, that final boss just ewed the whole game for me.

I mean... Metacritic scores:
PC: 78/100
PS4: 77/100
XBO: 81/100

And other scores
Steam: Recent: Very Positive (490)
Overall: Very Positive (18,382)
XBL: 4/5 (316 ratings)
PSN: 4.5/5 (2177 ratings)

I think people liked it. Not flawless but still.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I mean... Metacritic scores:
PC: 78/100
PS4: 77/100
XBO: 81/100

And other scores
Steam: Recent: Very Positive (490)
Overall: Very Positive (18,382)
XBL: 4/5 (316 ratings)
PSN: 4.5/5 (2177 ratings)

Golden mine doesnt mean they would have to destroy it. This is a great game to review, lots to dig into. Thats what I meant.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
I remember there being quite a bit of positive word of mouth at the time. I know I enjoyed my time with it solo but never got into multiplayer at all. It was just the perfect game at the perfect time for me; I had been bouncing between games without anything really sticking until it came out. I would have loved a photo mode that was only available solo, kind of how the recent DOOM games had it only available in the mission select. The enemy designs were pretty solid, especially later in the game.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my time with it until my save file got corrupted like 20+ hours into it. I never touched it after that :/

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

I think of myself as a pretty decent player in most of the games I play, especially shooters. I can beat the Doom games on Nightmare difficulties, without too much issue, but I couldn't beat the last boss in Revenent: From the Ashes.

I knew what to do, but it felt like I couldn't dish out enough DPS make him vulnerable during the allotted time. Faced with the prospect of going back through levels to grind, I just quit playing.

I don't think I've ever played a game where the final boss ruins the whole thing, but given that Remenants focus is on looping, playing through the game over and over to see more content and play with more builds, the final boss fight really ruins the whole thing because it's a blight at the end of every run.

I'm sure I could have beaten it, I might even go back to it, but it felt like I was being put through an awful experience that I just didn't want to suffer through. By the end of the game it felt like I'd experienced maybe 90% of what the game had to offer, and the punishment of struggling through that final fight didn't align with the reward.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
DLC Coming soon on PS4... hopefully the day after lol.

Anyway i love Remnant and i'm actually thinking to try out a solo nightmare run since i finished it solo hard one month ago. Does anyone in here have experience on how balanced the game is on nightmare solo?

DLC sounds interesting... survival mode, rougelike, hardest challenge yet.
The coregameplay, enemy and bossdesigns (and quick loadingtimes after you die) are so good in Remnant , i'm happy this game gets more content, it deserves it.

three_muffins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im playing the game but im very bad at it. I would Love to Co OP the game but really ever does someone join my game.

Are there still active Players? Im still Gear Score 1 :(

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
The changes are huge. 50% melee damage increase across the board!
www.remnantgame.com

SWAMPS OF CORSUS DLC - UPDATE NOTES

This massive update is about bringing exciting new content to Remnant as well as an entirely new way to play!

Im playing the game but im very bad at it. I would Love to Co OP the game but really ever does someone join my game.

Are there still active Players? Im still Gear Score 1 :(
I am playing solo and mostly doing fine. Once you upgrade your gear a bit it starts to flow better.

derwalde

Oct 28, 2017
Is there still a healthy player base at PC? And how is the DLC?

Finished this on ps4 on release and had a blast.

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017
did they ever soften up the final boss?

I really enjoyed the game, but like many others I didn't enjoy the final boss.

would love to try the new content, but no way I'll pick it up till that final boss it worked on.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
Saw the DLC news and picked the game back up. I left off with only three bosses to go.

I randomly decided to grab the Flicker mod and was able to beat the last three bosses all on my first try. Flicker made the last boss very easy. Glad I ended up finishing the game though!

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I really loved this game. But after I beat it, I had no incentive to keep playing. The way scaling worked, I never felt like I was getting any more powerful. It's a shame because the gunplay felt really good.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I think I'm beating the end of the campaign on normal. Should I reroll once I beat it? What are the reasons or advantages for doing so?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Just started playing this and am enjoying the first world so far.
Quick questions:
- I'm the Hunter. Should I upgrade the Hunting rifle, or do you get better weapons?
- I've got a bunch of trait points to invest. Should I invest in these early traits or are more interesting ones about to open up?

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
If you like the feel of the weapon, you should upgrade it, all weapons are more or less balanced against each other.
Thanks! I've been digging the rifle for sure. Just, because I'm so early, wasn't sure if I was like a level away from unlocking another hunting rifle that's same feel but does bonus damage, has some great perk, or something. The game/gear is new to me, so just wasn't sure what direction to go with the first few upgrades (spend/save).

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Thanks! I've been digging the rifle for sure. Just, because I'm so early, wasn't sure if I was like a level away from unlocking another hunting rifle that's same feel but does bonus damage, has some great perk, or something. The game/gear is new to me, so just wasn't sure what direction to go with the first few upgrades (spend/save).
There might be weapons that do roughly the same role but better (boss weapons tend to be strong, but have their one dedicated mod that you can't switch),

HOWEVER,

which quests and bosses you get in a playthrough is semi-random, so you are not really guaranteed to get any of them, so it's no use holding out for a specific weapon

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just got Devestator and I feel like its not all that great, am I missing something or does it just need to be upgraded?

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
I just got Devestator and I feel like its not all that great, am I missing something or does it just need to be upgraded?
Devastator is actually one of my favorite weapons.

Yes, it does need to be upgraded, but the damage is pretty heavy if you hit the opponent with all 5 crossbow bolts, and its beauty is its stackable mod.

The Skewer ability is pretty much a guaranteed stagger, and having 5 of those ready to go, means that you kill most elites without retaliation because you're stunlocking them.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017

Devastator used to be SUPREMELY broken. I cheesed so much content with Devastator + Bandit set. Every bolt had a chance to proc the "auto reload" perk. I would argue that, pre-nerf, it was the best setup in the entire game. Just melted bosses.