• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 14, 2019
X2bXuGp.jpg

THE REMNANT OF MANKIND.

The world is in ruins. Only a remnant of mankind remains, hunted to near extinction by horrors from another world. Most of humanity live like rats in the rubble of devastated cities. A few survivors with the technology to open portals to fantastic, alternate worlds venture out each day hoping to scavenge resources and find a way to defeat the invaders. They struggle to carve a foothold, rebuild, and then retake what was lost. Remnant: From the Ashes is a third-person survival action game where players create characters to suit their playstyle and set out alone or up to a threesome of players to explore and survive the perils of diverse and deadly environments.

A FRIEND FROM THE ASHES.
Zc1UaBI.png

Invading other worlds to seek an end to the Root is dangerous and survival is far from guaranteed. Team up with up to a threesome of players to increase your chances of survival. All loot picked up by a player in Remnant is distributed equally among all players in the party. If someone takes the time to search every nook and cranny of a dungeon and collects a Sniper Rifle, for example, every other member of the team also receives the weapon regardless of where they are on the map. The same holds true for armor, rings, trinkets, and resources.

FIGHT. DIE. ADAPT. OVERCOME.
Pic1.jpg

As one of the last remnants of humanity, you'll set out alone or alongside up to two other players to face down hordes of deadly enemies. With over 100 varieties of enemies, 20 epic bosses, and endless possible combat scenarios, it's going to take everything you've got to make it out alive. Feeling tough ? take on the challenge of nightmare and prepare to die.

NO TWO JOURNEYS EVER THE SAME.
Sin_titulo-1.png

Explore dynamically-generated worlds that change each time you play through them, creating new maps, enemy encounters, quest opportunities, and in-world events. Each of the game's four unique worlds is filled with monstrous denizens and environments that will provide fresh challenges with each playthrough. you also have a hub area called ward 13 which is where you can buy/sell at vendors and upgrade and such which leads into next section.

CRAFT. UPGRADE. SPECIALIZE.
1565784386309_booooooooo-1.jpg

Overcome tough-as-nails enemies and epic bosses throughout hostile environments to earn experience, valuable loot and upgrade materials you can use to build a wicked arsenal of weapons, armor, and modifications to approach each encounter dozens of unique ways.

WEZAmxd.gif

b75e9e33cb961be6e220aee26378962a23e8856f.png

A Community Together

we have a spreadsheet for users to add their xbox psn or pc identity to meet other members and help/play together

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

a huge thanks to tragic for being around and answering all sorts of questions in various remnant threads and being a awesome dev. we still need that praise the gun emote by way :D

thanks to iFirez helping with the banner and also making this awesome info

this is also my first ever ot ive ever made ^^

Last edited:

Gots

Feb 20, 2019
Canada
Very excited for this one, little wary of the procedural generation but I'm looking forward to trying the game out next week

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
thanks to iFirez helping with the banner and also making this awesome info
Thanks for the mention :) Great work on the OT, always happy to help.

Super excited to play this at the weekend! If people missed it, earlier this week they released a video of the devs playing the game and revealed these awesome armor sets too:
tMgDcgC.png

Again, as Queen Of Hunting mentioned, I made a graphic to help all the new starters learn some of the basics:
Hey all, I've just put together a little (or well actually... very long) graphic for new people to the game. I've been pretty excited for this game for a few months now and wanted to make a little something for people just finding out about the game. Just surface level stuff about archetypes, worlds and touch a little on gear. Hope you all like it :)

9d8G7JN.jpg

I also wrote a post on reddit about how the VR Game Chronos is set in the same world and how it links to Remnant.

Maxi

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the OT! This one totally slid under my radar but looks really interesting.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT queen.

Will definitely look into this on Xbox. Looks like it can be a lot.of tension and fun in a group too.

X Enhanced with 4K support. Sweet.

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward for it. Hoping it runs great on Linux first. Also I'm interested on long term content/grinding. My biggest fears with these games is getting to a point where playing only means bigger numbers on the screen.

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
Been following this for a while but probably going to wait for impressions on solo play and how well the procedural generation works before jumping in.

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
Nice OT, Queen!

I've been seeing this game's name float around Era, but didn't check it out yet. Is it online and multi-player, or can I just strap on and go solo and do my own thing?

can play the game fully solo ^^ alot of the devs play solo and also just play solo, and you can just drop into others games if you so choose with your solo char too :D

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Thanks for the OT!
I liked what I´ve seen so far but I´m not sure how story driven this will be. Worldbuilding and artdesign look pretty good, so I hope this game has also an interesting story to tell.

Makeshift Chef

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I didn't know this game was a thing I needed in my life until I read the OT. Seems to be hitting all my personal gaming bliss buttons. Time to look into it some more.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
I can't pre order the game on PSN anymore in France. I wanted to play it early but it looks like it's too late. I read online that there is some issues with this game on Playstation Store, I wonder why...

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
This wasn't on my radar at all but looks really interesting. Nice OT Queen.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After giving it a hard long thought I went with the Steam version. Hope to see some fellow Remnants online :)

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
Since the game is done for PerfectWorld, and now Gunfire has been bought by THQ... Should I be worried about long term support?

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
Na i imagine contracts are in places. The devs have wanted this project for ages too. N thq are pretty good at supporting things

I get the contracts things, but... Well, since this game isn't going to profit THQ (Probably not more than getting the devs working on content for it compared to getting them into one of their own IPs) I'm a bit worried, since this game looks like a long term GaaS.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be waiting for some impressions. Game looks quite interesting though. Am I correct in stating that this game is digital only?

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
I get the contracts things, but... Well, since this game isn't going to profit THQ (Probably not more than getting the devs working on content for it compared to getting them into one of their own IPs) I'm a bit worried, since this game looks like a long term GaaS.

Well the perfect world contract doesn't dissappear either they also have to honor that unless they brought that contract too but im sure that would be in announcement.

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
Well the perfect world contract doesn't dissappear either they also have to honor that unless they brought that contract too but im sure that would be in announcement.

I'm more worried about renewing the contract for more content in the future, rather than what probably is just a year of content thorugh some kind of season pass?

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
So what happens if I don't Pre-order the game until Saturday? Can I start playing then? I'm interested, but would like to wait until I've seen some impressions from people playing it on Friday.

Tart Toter 9K

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks pretty cool. I'm super interested to see more about how they handle itemization and stats. I noticed that certain armour sets had set bonuses for 2/3/4 pieces and i've always been a big fan of that!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Will jump in Day One to give my impressions. I am a big old loot whore haha.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
This one's a wildcard for me. Could be super cool, might not end up being that cool. Hopefully the former.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
This is a game I am super pumped for. The weapons sound cool the enemy design seem intriguing. I'll have to break out the 'ol mod mic since it seems communication will be key in this game.

..man games forcing me to social and just not sit there by myself and play and talk to no one... what world is this? haha

MochaD124

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! Had no knowledge of the game up until a week ago when I saw a Youtube ad but I am getting sucked in. Will be tough to choose between playing this or MHW Iceborne in the next month.

Does anyone know how they handle difficulty scaling with mp? Is it like MH where they just up the health in everything by a flat multiplier when you switch over or does it change with the # of people?

JackSlate

Oct 30, 2017
Think I'm going to take the plunge and get the Steam version. Thanks for the heads up that we can play the whole game solo. Not really into co-op play.

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Great OT!

I'll need to wait for impressions on solo play because I don't have time to play co-op games. I'm also curious as to how demanding the survival aspects are, so I'll keep an eye on the thread for sure.

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
Great OT! Had no knowledge of the game up until a week ago when I saw a Youtube ad but I am getting sucked in. Will be tough to choose between playing this or MHW Iceborne in the next month.

Does anyone know how they handle difficulty scaling with mp? Is it like MH where they just up the health in everything by a flat multiplier when you switch over or does it change with the # of people?

More monsters etc too for more players etc

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
This is a game I am super pumped for. The weapons sound cool the enemy design seem intriguing. I'll have to break out the 'ol mod mic since it seems communication will be key in this game.

..man games forcing me to social and just not sit there by myself and play and talk to no one... what world is this? haha
You can just play the game solo, np

Aneru

Mar 15, 2019
I cannot wait for this game to come out. Really want to see how well of a support build we can make with the available skills and perks. I saw there was a group heal, curious to see if I can make a buffer class out of my character.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Nice work on the OT.
Definitely looking forward for this one, all gameplay I've seen looks dope.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome OT! Hopefully the reviews are great, so I can pick up the game later in the year. All the dev streams have been crazy informative, was really surprised every time I watched them!