• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
You could try to ping tragic and see if he reports your issue forward, he is one of the devs on the game.
Thanks!

tragic there seems to be some major crazy stuff with the submachine gun. Anytime a bullet hits an enemy the game freezes for a split second, essentially turning the game into a slideshow when firing full auto at the bad dudes. Playing on the X1X.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Does the game have a narrative for players who want to follow a story from beginning to end?
It's a light narrative but yeah it is there. There are cutscenes and story beats throughout. You'll get even more from the world and story if you stop to read lore and entries dotted around. I already spent a good 10 minutes in the tutorial reading a journal and many computer entries/logs which shed light even more about the games time placement and connections to this worlds previous game, Chronos. I wrote a thing earlier this week about Chronos, its story and how it has connections in Remnant as its in the same world.

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
This fov tweak might work its from darksiders 3

go to user AppData\Local\Remnant\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor.

open engine and add this

[/script/engine.localplayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Might also break things like in darksiders after cutscenes lol

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Do we have some idea of how long a play through generally takes? I don't want to blow 40 dollars on 10 hours of gameplay.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
What's performance like? Is 4K/50fps+ doable on a 3570k/1080 w/16g of ram?
I've got an i5-4570 3.2GHZ, 1080 and 24 GB of ram...4k max settings, 60fps without a hitch. Smooth as butter.

One and a half hour flew by! Quick thoughts: The gunplay is awesome! Love when developers allowed mouse and controller input at the same time. The gyro through steam overlay works wonders! Also early access is a good incentive to digital buyers. Hope that the game is well succeeded. It deserves.
This so much. Not using gyro personally, but being able to just toss the mouse look onto the pad and keep everything else configured for controller is great. Only issue is that the quick slots constantly flutters between PC and Gamepad layout but I have the HUD size/opacity low enough that it's not too distracting.

Absolutely digging it so far. Haven't gotten past Shroud yet but I keep forgetting to apply my traits and have only gone back to the hub to upgrade once. Three hours flew by in a hurry....makes me wish I had my game room set up so I could start streaming this.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
I'm weak and bought it on Steam to play on the weekend. I hope it runs halfway ok on my i5-3570k, 8GB RAM and 970. Can't wait to dive into it in around 2 hours when the download is done.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Since the devs are reading this thread might aswell try my luck:
Is it possible to get alternative centered camera ala Souls? Left-aligned camera like GoW feels very weird to me after years of getting used to centered one.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Ooh the sniper rifle is such a dream. I can't wait to see what other weapons there are out in the world!

I don't suppose there's a storage somewhere? Not a fan of scrolling through so many items.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Ooh the sniper rifle is such a dream. I can't wait to see what other weapons there are out in the world!

I don't suppose there's a storage somewhere? Not a fan of scrolling through so many items.
So on streams and such, these weapons out in the world have been described as 'secrets' along with traits you can find out in the world too. Would you say it was miss-able? Or did you just happen across it pretty naturally?

aember

Oct 26, 2017
So on streams and such, these weapons out in the world have been described as 'secrets' along with traits you can find out in the world too. Would you say it was miss-able? Or did you just happen across it pretty naturally?
Oh shit, seriously?

Well I'd say it's very easy to miss if you don't explore all the paths. But if you make sure to check even the smallest corridors, basements, what-have-you, you'll find it!

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Oh shit, seriously?

Well I'd say it's very easy to miss if you don't explore all the paths. But if you make sure to check even the smallest corridors, basements, what-have-you, you'll find it!
So just explore every 'nook and cranny' got it :) I wonder, as the worlds are randomly generated to a degree if you can miss some items and gear with your generation and then if you re-roll your worlds, go back in, explore the new generation and find new things, hidden away.

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
After running out of space, re partitioning and re downloading I still don't have good news:(
Game starts but you only see the HUD, no 3D graphics.

Tried every Proton version available.
GTX1080 with 430.40 driver.

Well, there goes all the hype. Thanks a lot! With my Internet connection getting those 30GB would have been a nightmare if it was all for nothing

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody try on a low specs machine, yet? My Alienware Alpha R1 stares on in jealousy.. (I also tweeted Nvidia GeForce Now, hoping they'll add it to their list)

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if this might be the game to jump to now that FFXIV's MSQ is all wrapped up for me.

chapel

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it with mouse and keyboard. Having to aim to fire is a bit weird, though that is likely exacerbated by the fact that I set melee to my mouse thumb button so just clicking mouse 1 does nothing without aiming (this has got me killed a few times).

I had to rebind 1 to swap weapons and 2 to nothing because I kept hitting them to swap weapons, burning potions and what not. Wish you could bind weapon 1 and 2 to whatever buttons instead of just swapping.

Gameplay feels tight and after a few failed attempts against the first boss I was able to kill him with a sliver of life left. To the point that I was one hit and he spawned in front of me, so I just whacked at him twice and killed him. Whew! I had been running around the whole fight bleeding and no dragon heart heals left, only HOT potions.

Really curious about other enemies and how challenging they will be. I played most of the first missions (outside of the boss) with my brother and he seemed to like it. Will have to jump into his world and help him beat the first mission as well and see how different it can be (he said he was surprised at how different it was vs his).

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
I'll test every new patch for you if you like - maybe someday it will run:)

Oh man, thanks a lot! I'm expecting for people to open an issue on the Proton GitHub and some entries on ProtonDB. I wish devs could work a bit around Proton too so we can play their games without asking for a full Linux native version.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Trying not to watch too much footage. Have a full workday ahead of me before I get to jump in haha.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing that keeps killing me is when an enemy manged to sneak up on me and hit me from behind, every death I had was to that.

Also on pc, reducing the shadows from Ultra to High ironed out some of the hiccups I had, everything else was either not worth the reduction or made the game ugly.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Man the combat just feels so good.
Really enjoying my trip so far after 4 hours played.

Short pause for lunch and then 8h+ more.

tragic amazing game, please forward to all the others devs:)

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played 2.5 hours. This game is amazing. Loved every minute of it. The atmosphere is really good, the music is solid and the gunplay feels amazing. I hope this game gets some traction and goes viral!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am interested to see how weird the weapons get. One of the issues I have with other loot shooters, the weapons never really get crazy. Borderlands is a great example of weird weapons that are just fun to play with.

Also, one area I think is important, is having weapons/skills etc that mix things up and give players a reason to reroll their world to try out new stuff.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
tweets got me interested.

Given Doc is really particular about gun-combat and the feel of guns in games, his tweets are damn high praise. And he's right about the marketing - this has gone from "Oh, yeah, I wishlisted it awhile ago" to "Hell yeah, I don't have a machine that'll run it for another month or so, but I'll buy it over this weekend" for me,. And I'm sure for a lot of others, if this OT and the previous hype thread are anything to go by.

Last edited:

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
So if I understood correctly, if I buy this right now I won't be able to play until the 20th right?

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Really looking forward to trying this out, big fan of GunFire Games, unfortunately no luck with our review code yet so will have to wait until release to begin the review. Enjoy everyone else, can't wait to jump in myself.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
These guys sure know combat huh. Can certainly feel the "remnants" (sorry) of Darksiders 3 here. Great atmosphere and super satisfying combat. Music is surprisingly strong too what little of it there seems to be. Really strong initial impressions so far.

Really looking forward to trying this out, big fan of GunFire Games, unfortunately no luck with our review code yet so will have to wait until release to begin the review. Enjoy everyone else, can't wait to jump in myself.

We also didn't receive anything so far, but I'm not sure why. Early thoughts are very positive!

Leplutorius

Oct 28, 2017
Downloading it right now. I primarily plan to any it solo but I'm curious how the multiplayer works. Do you summon like in Souls games? Can you easily play with strangers?

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Whew, just crafted my first boss weapon and boy does it look cool! This game keeps getting better and better with every hour played.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Fun so far, played about 1 hour or so.
Taking my time to look at everything and read lore.
Lots of secrets to find, even in the homebase (I hope you all are looking around!)
Went through first part of first area as a Hunter. So far very easy but will obviously get harder as I go on.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaaaahhh 2 hours till I can play!!! Reading these impressions got me moderately hyped!!!

JUST A LIL BIT HYPED