• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reaper55

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to say i continue to extremely enjoy my play time. We arrived at Rhom and the scenery change was great! This game been a pleasant surprise in a year of amazing games. The zones are starting to open up and get more complex and we are seeing the procedure aspect shine to make you want replay the game to see get different things.

Unfortunately, I am starting to understand some of the frustration regarding adds during a boss encounter. In Hard+Co-op we found it best if one party member just tanked the adds in a corner removing them from the equation. We would let the other 2 players fight the boss and the third has to kill all the adds except 1. In the bosses we fought, leaving 1 enemy remaining prevents another group of reinforcements from spawning. With that being the solution to bosses, I would honestly prefer waves at set intervals (75%, 50%, 25% boss HP) instead of every X seconds if there are no adds remaining. I will be the add management guy in our team (sucks i wanted to see the bosses up close).

I know the adds issue has been rehashed to death. I just wanted to share where I am now.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TLB solo is causing me Isshin-level problems. Had him at 1 bar last night. Will kill that MF today. Brilliant boss for solo play and this game has been a great fusion of the things I like most about Souls and Destiny. Well played, devs.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So I bought this last night and played for a bit until I beat the first boss. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, the actual gameplay feels quite good, but there's something to be desired about the actual atmosphere and enemy design.

Also I was having this issue where mobs and regular enemies were way too easy, but the boss was a huge pain due to the enemy adds that kept exploding. It didn't really feel "fair".

Does the game start to get better on all those fronts? Enemy design, boss design, level design, etc? I think I'll end up enjoying it if I push through, but the boss fight drained a lot out of me with those obnoxious adds.

Also quick question, there's no death penalty right? It feels a little cheap to me, being able to constantly retry the boss with zero consequences felt a bit unfair in my favor and sort of took away any satisfaction from when I finally won.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
So I bought this last night and played for a bit until I beat the first boss. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, the actual gameplay feels quite good, but there's something to be desired about the actual atmosphere and enemy design.

Also I was having this issue where mobs and regular enemies were way too easy, but the boss was a huge pain due to the enemy adds that kept exploding. It didn't really feel "fair".

Does the game start to get better on all those fronts? Enemy design, boss design, level design, etc? I think I'll end up enjoying it if I push through, but the boss fight drained a lot out of me with those obnoxious adds.

I really like the enemy design. It's pretty varied. You got a good mix of types, some suicide chargers running right at you, some ranged dodgers, and even some that full on use the environment for cover moving from cover to cover.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Well, bought this on a bit of a whim after hearing so much positive about it. Looking forward to giving it a go once it's done downloading on PS4. I love these kinds of games, that are interesting and sub-AAA but not really indie, and I feel like we don't get them much anymore.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I really like the enemy design. It's pretty varied. You got a good mix of types, some suicide chargers running right at you, some ranged dodgers, and even some that full on use the environment for cover moving from cover to cover.
I guess I meant visually. They feel sort of like a Diablo/Blizzard style knock off visually. The actual combat mechanics the enemies employ are pretty decent so far.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
HOLY SHIT i finished watching Jim Sterling's video and I bet the guy didn't even finish the City world. Man that guy just... eh great job for him on spreading misinformation on the game

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
TLB solo is causing me Isshin-level problems. Had him at 1 bar last night. Will kill that MF today. Brilliant boss for solo play and this game has been a great fusion of the things I like most about Souls and Destiny. Well played, devs.

Save up Breath of the Desert charges for the last phase, it turns him into a joke.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the second world and I still don't have any new weapons or armor. Kind of a drag. Do they drop from enemies or do I have to find them in the world? I've searched every spot on the map as I go along.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm in the second world and I still don't have any new weapons or armor. Kind of a drag. Do they drop from enemies or do I have to find them in the world? I've searched every spot on the map as I go along.
They're in the world and drop from bosses. I found that I started finding a lot more bosses after the first world so don't worry about variety too much! You'll find'em.
I guess I meant visually. They feel sort of like a Diablo/Blizzard style knock off visually. The actual combat mechanics the enemies employ are pretty decent so far.
The monster aesthetic is very The Secret World, which I adore. Gimme more weird horror monster looks.

Field

Oct 29, 2017
Hate to admit it but this game seems to be too hard for me. Can't beat first boss even after levelling up my gear as much as possible. And with level scaling might make it even harder for me if I ever beat that boss, if I understand it right.

I've been playing solo and I'm liking everything else so far.

Last edited:

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hate to admit it but this game seems to be too hard for me. Can't beat first boss even after levelling up my gear as much as possible. And with level scaling might make it even harder for me if I ever beat that boss, if I understand it right.
Gorefist is actually incredibly difficult so you're not alone. I felt the same way and almost felt the game was not for me. Play again, find a different co-op team and play effectively. I focused mostly on the pink exploding bastards while other two kept Gorefist engaged. Eventually we did it and beat him.

Oct 27, 2017
The level scaling should only come into play if you reroll the campaign concerning the first area and boss.

Make your game public, beat the boss with other players and then continue on solo if you want in your journey of constant upgrades and trait points.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Two questions:

1) what does 'rerolling' your world do. Is it basically 'randomize and start over'?

2) how do you discard or sell old weapons and armor. Is there a storage system?

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017

Also quick question, there's no death penalty right? It feels a little cheap to me, being able to constantly retry the boss with zero consequences felt a bit unfair in my favor and sort of took away any satisfaction from when I finally won.

Environments get better / more varied, but bosses remain a shitty add-fest. If you don't like the adds, it's not gonna change.

Field

Oct 29, 2017
Gorefist is actually incredibly difficult so you're not alone. I felt the same way and almost felt the game was not for me. Play again, find a different co-op team and play effectively. I focused mostly on the pink exploding bastards while other two kept Gorefist engaged. Eventually we did it and beat him.
I've been playing solo and yeah I think I need to find someone decent to coop with and it would be much more doable for me.

Field

Oct 29, 2017
The level scaling should only come into play if you reroll the campaign concerning the first area and boss.

Make your game public, beat the boss with other players and then continue on solo if you want in your journey of constant upgrades and trait points.

I see. It would affect next world/biome right? Or a reroll

And yeah I think I should try the coop for the boss.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
How have I never heard of this game? I can't remember the last time I've clicked into an OT or preview thread for a new game I've never heard of and had it get me this excited about it. Sounding like a true Diablo with guns, more so than any other looter shooter.

Oct 27, 2017
I see. It would affect next world/biome right? Or a reroll

And yeah I think I should try the coop for the boss.
If you were to reroll right now it would bring the beginning parts (and boss fight) up to your current level and +1 which should make it harder than it currently is. No harm in going back-and-forth from solo play-to-co-op play. You have to be the host and allow others to join your game if you want the progress to save concerning your own campaign (meaning all the bosses you defeat and worlds you enter will save). If you join someone else's game everything you earn in it regarding armor/weapons/rings/scrap/crafting materials/traits and points, etc saves to your character but the campaign progress does not.

-------------------------------------------------

When I sacrificed my Pocket Watch for the Bandit Set I thought it would be lost forever (meaning account/character bound) but nope you can reacquire it from rerolling the campaign. I've gotten 4 straight Strange Coins from rerolling but haven't gotten the Monkey Key yet.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
This came really came out of nowhere, but after looking at some footage, this seems right up my alley.

How long is the tutorial before you can start up co-op?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any items or weapons that are very rare or hard to get? I understand this isn't really a loot heavy game but is there something grindworthy? Do we know what kind of support this game will get in the future content wise?

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I really like the survival horror feel this first level has. The Souls games were always borderline survival horror, so it's nice to see someone doubling down on that. Really enjoying my first impressions of the game so far. The combat feels really good, and the environment looks nice so far. You can tell it's a lower budget game, especially by the cutscenes and NPC conversations, but that really doesn't matter at all.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Russian Badger has a good and funny summary video for those wondering what this game is.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I keep seeing this thread thinking it's a mobile game, but what is it really?

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rerolled my campaign after getting to the second biome because I missed both the Assault Rifle and Chicago Typewriter and I really want some kind of rapid firing weapon.

It's been pretty easy so far to catch up to where I was (beat Shroud on second attempt after not being able to touch it last time due to the Regenerator affix I got), but I've seen a new enemy type that didn't exist in my first run. Some dude with dual blades that can't be hurt unless he's in an attack or climbing animation.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I am so close. Have spent a bit much on gaming these last few months and 40 dollars feels like a tough pill to swallow but I have long wanted a souls like game with easy co op and replayablity. The positive feedback pretty much everywhere really has me wanting to just say screw it.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought the PC version. Excited to check this out tonight. I'm going to catch a showing of The Peanut Butter Falcon this afternoon and when I get home I'll fire this up. I really hope the co-op is solid with random players cause that's what I'm sorta banking on here.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone find a better solution for the co-op glitch you can get when trying to join a public game where it immediately errors out with Notice: Already In Session. Notice: Failed to join any sessions? I'm on PS4, and the issue was very rare before 1.04, but now is prevalent. My two former solutions for "fixing" this was to either load into an offline game solo and exit back to the main menu, or close the game and relaunch it. Neither of those is doing it anymore, and I'm TIRED of seeing the logos 5-6x before it finally lets me into a game, only for the game to lag out 10-15 minutes later and kick me (network issue, not on my end, not the host kicking me), and then have to repeat the cycle hoping I'm allowed back into another public game. Won't even let me join friends' games when this is going on.

It went from a minor inconvenience to an absolutely major issue since yesterday. Weirdly, having no issues with folks joining me when my game is public. Bit ironic, because I've been playing mostly co-op since launch because up until last night, my problem was exactly the opposite. Joining public games worked almost like 90% of the time, but when I created a public session as host, no one would ever join me. I really love this game, but it's become so frustrating. I just want to engage in some jolly co-op as a summoned partner, not a host. :/

tragic, KirbyKid, is this a known thing? Is it being worked on? Is it a problem on my end somehow? Is it on the game's end?

JoeyJungle

Oct 27, 2017
How does the Endurance trait work in this game? Does increasing it let you change the weight before you fatroll, or is that a seperate trait, or is fatroll based on a specific weight numbers that stay the same through the whole game instead of a % of an endurance stat?

I've been playing solo and I'm liking everything else so far.

Might have an easier time by buying a different long gun from the merchant in the city. I know that first boss can change, and the arena that I was in for the first boss was not very complimentary to the shotgun. I was able to wing it with just a sliver of health at the end, but I definitely wished I had a better gun for that fight.

Also be sure to level up your armor if you haven't been doing that, each of the armor pieces have different iron requirement to level them up and every level is about +5 armor, so just start with the cheapest ones (legs/helmet) and then keep increasing from there. The scaling is an average that's weighted toward your highest leveled weapon, so focus on keeping your weapons around the same level.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Just started this. Loving the vibe of the world so far. HOWEVER... the opening cutscene committed a cardinal sin of video game cutscenes!

wHl4JLw.jpg

A permanently visible skip button?!?! Do you WANT me to skip the story? I'll do it, I swear!

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Something about the encounter design in this game makes me panic way more than Dark Souls ever did lol. I think it's because of how fast enemies are and how much they want to get up in your face.