• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Akira Kurusu from the manga was a pretty edgy Killer MC Kill guy name once you see the puns in that. Like he isn't a killer guys, why be a try-hard with a name like that.
New name seems more unassuming like the MC actually is.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know the team behind the P5 anime?
I keep misreading it "Rei Ayanami".
... Same.
Yeah man, he's A KIRA (A Killer) and he's gonna kurusu/korosu(KILL) you. High five and all that for the one who came up with the name.
giphy.webp

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought his canon name would be what was used in the manga. It's what I went with in my playthrough.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Such a cool name that fits his gentle voice. Now imma be playing the second playthrough with that name. I still prefer Vincent Kurouka though

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
Why are they still doing this thing where we end up with two different names for the same character? Why not use the same as the manga?

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who hasn't played Persona 5 yet....

You're telling me that the protagonist doesn't have a fucking name? That's pretty dumb. Lemme guess, they were going for a "you choose your own protagonist name" crap?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
How convenient, just ahead of my first playthrough.
As someone who hasn't played Persona 5 yet....

You're telling me that the protagonist doesn't have a fucking name? That's pretty dumb. Lemme guess, they were going for a "you choose your own protagonist name" crap?
Every modern Persona game from P3 onward has done this. P4's was the only one of the three to stick once the anime and the spin-offs established one for him before this, though.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
People always complain how the protagonists has like 3 names in whatever medium it's being adapted to. I really don't know what P3 MC's name is anymore and i don't think people can give me a straight answer anymore .

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Also in case you are wondering the P5A stream is exactly like every other Atlus related stream, aka 95% useless bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8_8XZPDuW4

I was really zoning out at that part where they were drawing cards of weird-looking cartoons for 10 minutes.

Why are they still doing this thing where we end up with two different names for the same character? Why not use the same as the manga?

I'm pretty sure the manga is done independently of Atlus, so they probably want their 'proper' version of the protagonist and his name.

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would put this name as default with the possibility to change it. Anyway Ren is a cool name. I am no good to give names to rpg characters.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then i am glad we can rename him.
In my future playthrough my headcanon is he changes it because he can't life with the mama mia puns anymore.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah man, he's A KIRA (A Killer) and he's gonna kurusu/korosu(KILL) you. High five and all that for the one who came up with the name.
Tbh i read it as 'bright cross'. His name in kanji is 来栖 暁 which i'd roughly translate as "vessel of dawn"(first kanji means "future", second one "nest" third one "dawn") but akira also mean making thinks clear, so i liked to read it as someone who was cruxified for something they didn't do because well, kurusu means cross :T

Japanese names are weird, but it never crossed my mind the "killer" thing, I guess I'm too weeb for that.

I called mine "Seigino Tsubasa"(last name first name) which means wings of justice, because i'm tacky af

Edit: better translation for akira kurusu i hadn't thought of before: "bringer of light to the den", thanks reddit

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Archive of Our Own and fanfiction.net are gonna lose their shit.

Me too actually, do I edit the fic I'm in the middle of writing?!?!