• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I am revisiting the series and every episode so far has delivered. The humor has remained relevant and each character is portrayed amazingly well. You know a show is good when you can't tell which character is your favorite. Everyone gets their time to shine and each actor makes the most of their time in the spotlight. There is a decent amount of improve going on too, and each actor does great work. They play great off of one another. It is also funny to see these same actors portraying many of the various citizens the force interacts with. Their faces are blurred out, just like the suspects in COPS, but you can always tell who is playing who. Also, much like Seinfeld, you can see various popular comedians in their early years in bit parts which is always fun. It's one of those shows you watch where you can tell everyone involved is having a total blast.

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol weird typo.

Best cold open was the one where the lotto had a messup where everybody thought they won.

Dec 6, 2017
US
This show was insanely funny. I watched it religiously when it came out. The fact so much of it was improvised is really impressive to me on top of it.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
The last season was pretty bad, though. The new characters really sucked.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish this could be streamed through the major services, unless I've overlooked a way.

PieOMy

Nov 15, 2018
Boston
Back in 2016 I was without internet for a few weeks. I dug up my Reno 911 boxset and rewatched the first few seasons. Its a beautiful show.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shit I should rewatch, fuckin great show.

"I AM FROM THE FUTURE!!"

"He's from the future? Sonofab---h!!".

Lol @ Good cop, Black cop

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You'll be happy to hear that they're working on a new season! You won't be happy to hear that it's going to be on Quibi!

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I was just thinking of this show the other day. My wife and I were big fans back when it was airing (we even dressed up as Lt. Dangle and Dep. Johnson for Halloween one year) but we haven't seen it since. Is it streaming somewhere? Would love to go back and rewatch.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
LoL that show was way funnier then it got credit for. Pretty easy to pass it by if your just channel surfing. It took me a while to realiaze how funny it was.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Garcia cracked me up with his "Ho! Ho! Ho!" thing he would say when trying to deescalate something. Dangle conning Jones into helping him move like 2 doors down. And "Burning Man!".

PreeminentDB

Oct 25, 2017
Lt. Dangle's "That would be wildly inappropriate" line (in reference to a certain way of asking "Who took the last donut") from the pilot episode still gets weekly use from me.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
My family has been checking it out again recently as well and it still holds up.

I'm fucking mad Amazon Prime has some episodes available for free to watch but not others.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I love that New Boot Goofin is one of the first things a lot of folks think of. It's one of my favorite lowkey bits.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Touch down turn around please don't touch my bum hole touch down turn around please don't touch my ballsssss

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
MĂ©xico
Is it better than Brooklyn 99? I'm on the last episodes of season 5, the quality is not nearly as good as the first couple of seasons but it's decent, i need something to watch once i'm done with it.

Oct 29, 2017
Is it better than Brooklyn 99? I'm on the last episodes of season 5, the quality is not nearly as good as the first couple of seasons but it's decent, i need something to watch once i'm done with it.

I think it entirely depends on your sense of humor. A lot of the Reno 911 / The State people show up in B99 but I find the show (along with all Michael Schur shows) to be pretty bland, milquetoast comedy. I fucking love Reno 911, though, one of my favorite shows.

My point being that being a fan of one isn't going to necessarily translate into being a fan of the other.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Do NOT binge it. It's one of those rare shows where you'll get tired of it after season 3 or 4. I was never able to finish it.

However, I agree; it's a great great show in smaller bursts.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Reno 9/11 would be an interesting reboot.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't see anyone mentioning it but if anyone comes in here and they're a fan of Reno 911 you absolutely must try out Bajillion Dollar Properties.

It was a show on the now-defunct seeso streaming site and its basically the exact same mostly-improvised format show from the exact same people but with the cast being high end real estate agents. Although none of the Reno 911 cast and regulars are in the principal cast of the show, a huge number of them show up here and there and the actors who play Dangle and Travis are executive producers on the show.

There aren't a lot of clips on youtube of the show, but here's one featuring Ben Shwartz