• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this story hasn't been covered but it seems to me that next year we won't see a 3rd entry into the battlefront seires as it's design director on Battlefront 2 said he hasn't been working on instead focusing on content for battlefront 2 still. Whether or not that is true atleast it seems they are still dedicated to battelfront 2 after the hard reception when it first launched.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamesn.com/star-wars-battlefront-ii/battlefront-3?amp

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Nice, give us content for BF2 and save BF3 for next gen to blow us away.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Cool ! Because, if they would have made Battlefront 3, we would have lost a lot of maps (like between Battlefront 2015 and 2017)

Now bring SW Battlefront 2015 maps to Battlefront 2, especially maps from season pass

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Good that way they have no excuse not to have enough content and modes available for Battlefront III.

There's no doubt in my mind that if they made a Battlefront III right now it would launch with less content than Battlefront II in it's current state.

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
Glad they were able to turn this game around so much from launch, haven't tried it again myself yet but I've heard a lot of good changes have happened.

Mar 27, 2018
I just hope that Battlefront 3 is fully cooked from launch. Don't regress it behind where Battlefront 2 leaves off.

If that means giving the team a year or more off releasing content, so be it.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
For the best. It's just gonna be another Battlefield game anyways, so as a fan of the OG formula it's hard for me to care.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I think that is a good strategy for them, the game is still visually beautiful and if they can sustain life for it, they should.

It felt really dumb to me how quickly they tossed aside the first Battlefront game, the online was still (somewhat) thriving.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Well, Battlefront 3 wasn't coming in the near future because of Battlefront 2 but I would imagine it's for different reasons.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm not surprised. I have starting playing this lately after picking it up for like 6 bucks on sale a while ago. It actually is a very fun game now, and while the campaign is not perfect, I have been enjoying it for what it is. Also looks mind-numbingly gorgeous on the X.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For the best. It's just gonna be another Battlefield game anyways, so as a fan of the OG formula it's hard for me to care.

The OG formula was the Battlefield formula. That's literally the entire reason the original games existed, they were Battlefield but with the Star Wars license.

The new games have not been as good because DICE refused at every turn to make it like Battlefield.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
EA have to save face.

No matter when they announce BF3, it'll be met with a ton of skepticism, so it's best that they build up some goodwill and support the hell out of BF2, so that they win people over.

Whether they'd do that and then screw eeryone over is another question

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I rather they wait for the trilogy to be done than have all that ready for the game

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Makes sense. BF2 took a while to find its GAAS groove, and its hard to see how they'd meaningfully change the formula to justify a sequel over adding new content to the existing base.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I would be shocked if Disney continues their exclusive EA deal beyond the current date, especially if that new star wars game doesn't perform.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Oh thank god. Give it some time to bake in the oven. I'm excited to see what Next Gen holds instore for Star Wars.

I love Star Wars games.

Jul 26, 2018
Been playing the game a lot lately and it's amazing. The PC playerbase is still active but mostly on weekends based on my experience.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
The OG formula was the Battlefield formula. That's literally the entire reason the original games existed, they were Battlefield but with the Star Wars license.

The new games have not been as good because DICE refused at every turn to make it like Battlefield.
Exactly, it's why there was so much hype when it was revealed that Dice would be doing the new games, people rightfully thought "who could do it better than dice?" except we didn't know then that the studio would be hellbent on not giving the fans exactly what they wanted.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
BF2 seems really decent now, but i got BF1 ultimate edition with all dlc for 5 bucks and I intend to get BF2 for a similar price when all dlc has been released

Absolute Zero

User requested ban
Banned
Sep 1, 2019
It's probably an unpopular opinion, but how EA managed to turn Battlefront 2 around is so impressive. It's probably their best handling of a live service game.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Bring back an improved Galactic Conquest please.

Can't wait for 3, ray tracing with blaster fire would look cool as hell.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Does Battlefront 2 have a mode just for dogfighting? That was always my most played thing in the Battlefield games. Anyway, I'll def pick this up the next time it's on sale since BF3 is a ways off.