• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
A new report states that Facebook's Oculus has signed a deal with Ubisoft for exclusive Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed VR games.

The article from The Information cites "two people familiar with the matter" in saying Oculus is looking to outright buy game studios and sign exclusive deals. One of these sources reportedly revealed that the company has already signed deals for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed in VR. The article does not confirm if these games will be made for Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, or both.

A Facebook spokesperson provided us with the same statement given to The Information: "The response to Oculus Quest and Rift S gaming have been incredible. We cannot comment on specific partnerships, but we will continue to focus on expanding our library and reaching broader gaming audiences for years to come."
venturebeat.com

Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell VR could be coming to Oculus

A new report states that Facebook’s Oculus has signed a deal with Ubisoft for exclusive Splinter Cell and Assassin’s Creed VR games.

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
Splinter Cell would be perfect VR. Too bad its Oculus only. I know Revive exists but native support is better.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish that something like VR didn't have exclusivity for what would normally be a multi-plat title. It's such a small user base it just doesn't make sense to me. VR is still in its infancy and needs higher adoption rates to make it successful long-term.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very curious to see what an AC in VR looks like. At first thought it seems like it'd be a bad fit. The fast-paced verticality of an AC game would become slowly teleporting your way up a building, and that wouldn't be very fun or satisfying. So i'm curious how they'll tackle the AC gameplay being translated into VR.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
If they make a VR only Splinter Cell after all this time...

a-sad-baby-gif.gif

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the slap in the face that is dropping Sam Fisher cameos left and right without making the actual game is not enough?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it's old, a splinter cell VR game would be awesome. We have similar games on Quest, but I need that Third Echelon goodness.

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft is just laughing it's ass off at the people who loved their games from the early mid 2000s.

POP and Splinter Cell returning only as content in GaaS games and as Vr games

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Animus is going more portable I see, it already have a VR headset in Odyssey/Origins.

For remember, the movie is Canon to the AC-Universe

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I loved Espire 1 and Phantom Ops and Panther VR has potential so bring on that Splinter Cell VR.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Vader Immortal was also funded by Oculus and it's releasing soon on PS4. Never say never.
The answer to this is always "Is it published by Oculus Studios?". If yes, then it's a permanent Oculus exclusive. If no, then it's just timed. For example, Vader Immortal though promoted a lot by Oculus, was published by Disney. Given we're talking about Ubisoft here there's a good chance that Ubisoft themselves will publish which would mean these would be a timed exclusives.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The answer to this is always "Is it published by Oculus Studios?". If yes, then it's a permanent Oculus exclusive. If no, then it's just timed. For example, Vader Immortal though promoted a lot by Oculus, was published by Disney. Given we're talking about Ubisoft here there's a good chance that Ubisoft themselves will publish which would mean these would be a timed exclusives.
Oh, that explains it then lol. I thought it was published by Oculus.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
A VR Splinter Cell could be cool, but it would suck if it's exclusive to Oculus VR.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
VR would be a good opportunity/excuse to bring Prince of Persia back. but if they do asscreed instead fine i guess

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I'm paying close attention to the Quest successor to see what Oculus does and this would be a really convincing reason to pick one of those up.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish that something like VR didn't have exclusivity for what would normally be a multi-plat title. It's such a small user base it just doesn't make sense to me. VR is still in its infancy and needs higher adoption rates to make it successful long-term.

The platform will never take off without exclusives. Just like consoles. It's really the only way to bring people in. Especially when most people say there aren't enough AAA quality games there to justify the purchase.

I think its true and other outlets reported the same story back then. Facebook has the money.