I honestly don't understand what you are saying. The article talks about Dark Souls Remastered (the first game, not the trilogy) for Switch, PS4, etc. It does not mention PS4 and others getting a remastered trilogy.
People are so used to Nintendo consoles having nothing but Nintendo games and a couple of small third party games that somehow "leaning pretty heavily on third party games" sounds like a bad thing now.
- Fire Emblem reveal
- Yoshi Switch name and date reveal
- Kirby Star Allies shizzle
- Project Octopath Traveler release date and gameplay showcase
- Shin Megami Tensei V gameplay
- Bayo 1 & 2 LE physical edition
- W101 port
- Vanquish 1 & 2 Switch Exclusive
- Dark Souls Remastered
- Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 2 (AKA sequel to the best 2D DK game)
- Pikmin 3 DX
- Final Fantasy VI Remake
- Monster Hunter XX western release
- Dragon Quest Heroes I & II localisation
- Dragon Quest Builders reminder and DQB 2 details
- Dragon Quest XI reveal and localisation
- Ace Attorney Collection
- Ace Attorney 7 teaser
- Resident Evil ports (ALL OF THEM)
- DMC HD collection
- Tales of Berseria port
- Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Collection
- Ni no Kuni port
Yeah we definitely new launch dates for Splatoon 2, ARMS, BotW, Snipperclips, Mario Kart 8DX and all those Nindies before January 12th 2017...
The beauty of Nintendo Directs is the ability for Nintendo to drop one whenever they want. They aren't tied to E3 or other trade shows. We will probably be getting at least one or two more directs before June hits.
I for one am excited to see what I may have missed on other platforms get announced for Switch. Nintendo deserves 3rd party sales, because they have actually bust their behinds to get their platform right this time. They are still asinine in some of their decisions for sure, but they've shown they can't just stick their fingers in their ears and ignore what's going on around them. Except for online :(
Yes you can play online with friends but it's not at all like Monster Hunter or any other coop game online. It's a bit harder to interact with people you want. But you can in effect play the whole game coop if you wish.
Makes perfect sense.
They can't have all years be like 2017, they need time to build up up those lineup.
Having 1 year of exceptional 1st party support followed by a quiter year of 3rd parties is a solid plan (although of course having a year with a bit of both would be better imho).