• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Happening?

• YES, HAIL FLAMING CHIBI-ROBO

Votes: 1,142 68.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 86 5.2%
  • You're all crazy

Votes: 436 26.2%

• Total voters

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
To anyone blaming Nintendo for hyping this up too much for a mini Direct:

tumblr_inline_oaqsa34LTZ1tu7rip_500.gif
He's right, you know

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
I sense the first half of 2018 is going to be rough. Ports + Yoshi + Kirby. Not very exciting. Hope I'm wrong.

Stormkyleis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
People are so used to Nintendo consoles having nothing but Nintendo games and a couple of small third party games that somehow "leaning pretty heavily on third party games" sounds like a bad thing now.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Tokyo Mirage Sessions deserves another life on Switch. As do Tropical Freeze and The Wonderful 101. Would buy all of them again.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
OOOHHH!!!
Time for Switch predictions?

BOOM:
- Fire Emblem reveal
- Yoshi Switch name and date reveal
- Kirby Star Allies shizzle
- Project Octopath Traveler release date and gameplay showcase
- Shin Megami Tensei V gameplay
- Bayo 1 & 2 LE physical edition
- W101 port
- Vanquish 1 & 2 Switch Exclusive
- Dark Souls Remastered
- Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 2 (AKA sequel to the best 2D DK game)
- Pikmin 3 DX
- Final Fantasy VI Remake
- Monster Hunter XX western release
- Dragon Quest Heroes I & II localisation
- Dragon Quest Builders reminder and DQB 2 details
- Dragon Quest XI reveal and localisation
- Ace Attorney Collection
- Ace Attorney 7 teaser
- Resident Evil ports (ALL OF THEM)
- DMC HD collection
- Tales of Berseria port
- Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Collection
- Ni no Kuni port

I think this is a realistic list what to expect..

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
No Octopath would be disappponting. Pretty much the only one I'm looking forward to. Maybe for next month's direct? It's supposed to release early 2018.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Maybe they decided to keep the big stuff for E3 and focus on Christmas. Anything big coming Q1/Q2 I guess we would already know about.

Yeah we definitely new launch dates for Splatoon 2, ARMS, BotW, Snipperclips, Mario Kart 8DX and all those Nindies before January 12th 2017...

The beauty of Nintendo Directs is the ability for Nintendo to drop one whenever they want. They aren't tied to E3 or other trade shows. We will probably be getting at least one or two more directs before June hits.

I for one am excited to see what I may have missed on other platforms get announced for Switch. Nintendo deserves 3rd party sales, because they have actually bust their behinds to get their platform right this time. They are still asinine in some of their decisions for sure, but they've shown they can't just stick their fingers in their ears and ignore what's going on around them. Except for online :(

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Realistically speaking, when would this happen GMT? I presume not for a few hours in order to ensure the US can watch?

OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, are they really just going to release the Direct with no announcement? lol

(I would prefer a steam over a video)

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
Is what stealth saying is true? If it is what a epic disappointment this Mini-Direct will be, no wonder Nintendo didn't announced it 2 days earlier as usually big Directs are.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I hope there's more love for Wii U exclusives in this season of ports, instead of old multiplatform releases that, beyond portability, are going to look and play worse than in any other system.

Any new game is welcome, but it riles me how DKC or Captain Toad are still trapped in that platform.

Prattle

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Please no more Wii U ports. I want Nintendo to focus on new games, it was bad enough Mario Kart 8 was re-released rather than a brand new one.

(Not saying a new one won't happen still obviously..)

It was bad? Mario Kart 8 Deluxe being released was bad! Oh my.

It's all money in the coffers to pay more artists to make more beautiful Nintendo things.

Plus, I'd love a Super Mario World 3D Deluxe. The joycons were made for such sweet two player out of the box action.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
For the record, I never said this Direct was third party only. Today's Direct is not third party only.

I said Nintendo is leaning pretty heavily on third party titles + Wii U ports in 2018.

Based on what I know, that's an accurate statement.

That's not a bad thing. Because Switch is getting some really awesome third party stuff this year. Not all of it will be announced during the Direct.

Makes perfect sense.
They can't have all years be like 2017, they need time to build up up those lineup.
Having 1 year of exceptional 1st party support followed by a quiter year of 3rd parties is a solid plan (although of course having a year with a bit of both would be better imho).

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe there are only 58 minutes left.

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo is just gonna announce a direct either tomorrow or next week and that will be a day before it airs. Something like that. Best to just not get your hopes up with any of these rumors.