• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Where will I get my Lens Flare fix from now on ? :(

Too bad, I really liked the reboot. I even liked Into Darkness!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Chris Hemsworth is now tanking movies before they're even made.

More seriously, it seems this IP just has no place in the blockbuster space of today considering its meager international box office returns

Link the Hero

Jul 5, 2018
Anyone else remember the rumours Tarantino was in talks to direct this thing? Sounds like it was troubled from the start

You are mixing things up here. The Tarantino Star Trek movie is a different movie project. It was never supposed to be the fourth film in this series.

But of course it's questionable if it's still in the works.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i like Nu Trek but after Darkness and JJ taking up star wars i knew the writing was on the wall. maybe in five years or so we'll get a mini-reboot with the grizzled veteran OG cast and that can go into its own thing but yeah after Beyond i figured that was a wrap

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It blows my mind that most people feel the latest movie felt like actual star trek. Like I've watched a completely different movie or something. It was riddled with dumb action stuff and all sorts of scenes I hated.

I'm not particularly sad this alternative timeline stuff is dead if that's what we can expect.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Well atleast we got the first kelvinverse movie out this deal. That was the best one and was phenomenal!

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It blows my mind that most people feel the latest movie felt like actual star trek. Like I've watched a completely different movie or something. It was riddled with dumb action stuff and all sorts of scenes I hated.

I'm not particularly sad this alternative timeline stuff is dead if that's what we can expect.
The old narrative just dosnt work anymore in this day and age. You gotta add some boom, action and attractiveness to it or it wont make back its money. Sadly thats the state we live in nowadays. Blame the milennials...shit everyone else does.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
I just rewatched '09 the other week and it's still a fun romp, but it's also the only one I really enjoyed. Gimme the Tarantino project next.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More seriously, it seems this IP just has no place in the blockbuster space of today considering its meager international box office returns
On hindsight, they really did have some bad luck considering the timeframes in which they released in terms of trying to establish a better following for the movie franchise.

2009 -- Not necessarily that bad. Sure, there was Batman, Iron Man before then and Transformers 2 right around the corner, but it had a good start. No one else was doing high budget space adventures anywyay.

2013 -- Oops, people seem to be more interested in this whole superhero business again.

2016 -- Oops, Star Wars came back to the big screen. Y'know... the one franchise they were probably counting on not coming back when they started this whole shindig again?

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
That first and third movie were good so I'm happy. It'll find a home somewhere else tho. I doubt Star Trek will be down for long.

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Kelvinverse movie casts are complete and utter dogshit.

There isn't a thing that could be done that would make me interested in watching new Star Trek content.

Cast was great but everything else sucked balls. Abrams, Orci, Lindelof, and Kurtzmann screwed over another franchise. Beyond was an improvement largely thanks to a different director and writing team.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Give us TNG prequels about a young Picard.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
Cast was great but everything else sucked balls. Abrams, Orci, Lindelof, and Kurtzmann screwed over another franchise. Beyond was an improvement largely thanks to a different director and writing team.

It's a good cast. Just not a good cast for Star Trek. Quinto looked a bit like Spock. Urban sounded a bit like Bones. Yelchin was actually Russian. The rest doesn't work.

I will say, if Ron Moore and Ira Behr want to come back and give us a post Dominion War series, I might be down.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Beyond was alright, but i think I'm on board with the interpretation that Trek as blockbuster film doesn't work all that well.

With TV being as strong as it is through streaming platforms i think TV is a better place for it.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sad, at least we got a good trilogy out of it, which is more that we can say for TNG and TOS.

DanSensei

Nov 15, 2017
It's a bummer this is ending, but we have Picard and The Orville now. We've moved beyond the need for the reboot. Also discovery, maybe. Haven't seen it.

Sad, at least we got a good trilogy out of it, which is more that we can say for TNG and TOS.

Go watch 2, 3 and 4 again. That's an excellent trilogy.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Man I'm getting so out of touch that movie series are getting rebooted then cancelled before I even get around to watching the first movie in the series.