Oct 25, 2017

I refuse to believe anyone alive is this stupid....yet here we are

Edit:

NYT may have embellished a bit.... #FakeNews

Last edited:

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
The thing isn't if they commit crimes or not, we know they do, the thing is if their assumption that there won't be any repercussions will hold or not.
And shit, that BULLSHIT "OLC opinion" that a president can't be tried for a crime needs to be challenged already.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
With all the money trump has raised I don't even know why he has to beg the NRA for money. Trump wasn't going to pass gun legislation anyway.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This is amazing. He's trying to get help for a colossal fuckup, by reapeating the same fuckup

It's like poetry, it rhymes

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Was Trump mad that people accused him of quid pro quo so he engaged in blatant quid pro quo?

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously another crime, but oddly why is this billionaire seemingly never able to cover these costs?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

southpaw@nycsouthpaw

A new day, a new quid pro quo. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/27/us/politics/trump-lapierre-nra-impeachment.html …

dRVcDZO.jpg

6:06 PM - Sep 27, 2019

Julia Ioffe @juliaioffe

But unless they say "let's do a quid pro quo," it doesn't count. https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1177706154660696064 …

6:13 PM - Sep 27, 2019

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Yeah the crimes are going to continue as long as the criminal has what is basically a hall pass to commit all the crimes.

He doesn't seem to care anymore what or how many felonies he commits. And why would he? There are no consequences to his actions.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The article doesn't mention anything about the NRA paying for his legal fees

NYT said:
It was unclear what the N.R.A.'s financial support would look like, and whether it would pay for ads, as it did during Mr. Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lordy, I do hope there are tapes for this, cause then the impeachment investigation is already finished effectively.

Oct 28, 2017
It was not clear whether Mr. Trump asked Mr. LaPierre for his support, or if the idea was pitched by the N.R.A.

This seems like an important detail. If Trump pitched the idea that's terrible news for him. If Wayne pitched it and Trump didnt commit then that just makes it look swampy.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like an important detail. If Trump pitched the idea that's terrible news for him. If Wayne pitched it and Trump didnt commit then that just makes it look swampy.
Yea, seems like this is NRA's idea, but even then, that's just mean spirited on the NRA's part. "Oh, you're being investigated? I mean, sure we'll help you, but you gotta do the exact thing you're accused of, for us."

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
He keeps saying the Ukraine call is perfect because he genuinely believes the problem was something in his tone and not the actual criminal act of trading favors.

Also the weird outbursts about gun legislation yesterday make extra sense now.