• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Edit2: Just to clarify2: People asking for access to the games on the list aren't monsters, some people just can't afford a console at launch in the middle of a pandemic. It would be nice if you show some empathy.
(I believe the way I said before was wrong, so I'm clarifying 2: Revenge)

There is nothing wrong with what Sony is doing, I just thought it is interesting that people are selling access to their Ps5's.

"Players are having their PSN accounts banned for borrowing PS5s to access the PS Plus Collection, according to several forum posts.
People have been selling access to their PS5s online, wherein you pay to give sellers your account details who will then claim the collection for you, letting you play all the games on the PS4.

PS5-ban.jpg

However, giving money and account access to strangers on the internet is generally a security hazard, and Sony can't in good faith tolerate this. As a result, people are reporting that their accounts are being banned."

www.gamerbraves.com

PSN Accounts Are Getting Banned For Borrowing PS5 Access

Players are having their PSN accounts banned for borrowing PS5s to access the PS Plus Collection, according to several forum

Translated from Brazilian Portuguese
psxbrasil.com.br

Relatos indicam que usuários que abusam do resgate da PS Plus Collection estão sendo banidos - PSX Brasil

A PS Plus Collection (Coleção PS Plus) é um oferecimento da Sony para quem assina o plano. Com ele, você recebe diversos jogos de PS4 em seu novo PS5.

PS5-ban2.jpg

one person who had the banned console said:

"When you have more than 50 different accounts logged on to a console and make purchases at the PS store in another region, the system will detect and determine that it has been hacked. The account will be banned for 2 months, while the console will be banned permanently. Currently, it is being negotiated in customer service if there is any change in the situation, but the joint purchase is really violating the rules and regulations, and there was a mechanism to protect the hacked account from further abuse"

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I guess that shouldn't be surprising. Hopefully this doesn't impact those who only helped out a friend or two.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Kinda scummy from Sony if this starts affecting people that just helped a few people get the games

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
When you have more than 50 different accounts logged on to a console and make purchases at the PS store in another region, the system will detect and determine that it has been hacked. The account will be banned for 2 months, while the console will be banned permanently.

Makes sense. People got too greedy.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony really should just let everyone access the ps plus collection from the web browser or ps4.

It's pretty dumb that you can't. You're still subscribed to PS+ aren't you? So if you're subscribed to their service and obviously own a PS4, why go out of their way to stop you getting those games? 🤔

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Not surprised. I also wonder if they'll clamp down on digital sharing which is also very popular, folks buying games digitally on an account which is shared among a group of people.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The seller getting banned? Or the buyer?
Because if the buyer got banned, they maybe it was because the seller did some ban-worthy shit with the account details...

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
I though other accounts could only access games bought from another account if that other account designated their PS4/5 their primary console?

Is collection sharing different? They're allowed to sign into any PS5 and grab a license?

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
People are blaming buyer/seller abusing the system, but what is the alternative if you can't get your hand on a ps5?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I actually saw a private ad where the guy offered to activate Collection titles to PS+ users who did not manage to get PS5 on launch... for $20.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I remember the adventures at the old place during the PS3 gen when an account would be made to share access to a beta or something... and everyone would be waiting in line, then some asshole would change the account password.. and folks would try to figure out who it was 😂

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Hm....

so...I have my brothers PS5 activated as my "Home" PS5, but then my little cousin has a PS4 Pro activated as "My" PS4.

I wouldn't get affected by this would I? I shouldn't. I can have 1 PS4 activated and 1 PS5.

Kongroo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
They're not. It's not merely a PS Plus benefit, it's incentive to buy the new console.

They should have made the psplus versions only launchable on ps5 if that's truly the case.

The way they did it was give any account signed into to a ps5 access to ps4 games. People who are logging into their friends' ps5 to redeem these are doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
If this is how it's set up that's dumb. They should just make those versions playable only on PS5 consoles. Problem solved.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I had a message from some random today asking me to join ps5 nex or something for buying accounts and stuff. I reported and it got reviewed instantly that they have broke the TOS

OP
OP
Era of not Yakuza
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Sony really should just let everyone access the ps plus collection from the web browser or ps4.
People will say that "it's an incentive to buy" and forget that we had the option to redeem everything online on Sony Store in the past and they took it away in the last month. I got many ps4 games before buying the new console 7 years ago.

And of course, you will still enjoy it on Ps5 as your incentive, people being able to play on Ps4 can't make you not enjoy your games, Ps4 owners don't have that kind of power. It's the same talk when people get angry because a console game becomes available on PC. PC owners are not Charles Francis Xavier, we can't make you stop enjoying something.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I paid 500$ for this collection. I'm not going to help anyone so they can leach off my success. Unless they pay. 🤔😎

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
+50 accounts? come on

these dickheads always mess up a good thing for people that only do it for one or two friends.