• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
A whole freaking generation is about ready to forsake the Republican party.

Now if only they'd vote.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Democrats were winning this issue. The Republicans were caught tongue tied. I don't know how this helped. Trump was digging his own grave by running his mouth and this just takes attention of him and the GOP who remain silent. The news cycle will now just focus on these women. They've effectively bailed him out. The best way to respond to a troll is don't. Let them dig their own grave.

Why am I not surprise that the poster who tone polices:

That's going a little far, don't you think. It's actually kind of scary. You should really think about what you are saying and not let emotions get the best of you.

And plays victim while dismissing abuse claims:

I can't directly answer your question because I don't want to go against the staff post rules and I really don't want to go through all the name calling. I faced enough of that everyday in my life. Last time I cried for days after I was banned and was called names. I respect your opinion. Thank you for listening to my point of view. I hope you can respect mine.

is telling women of color to shut up about their harassment?

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
tone_police.jpg

Jun 6, 2019
i just noticed that "#TheSquad" is trending in the US on twitter

as is "#RacistPresident"

Twitter is complete garbage. You're better off not giving a flying fuck what ever is trending on Twitter. That shit could be Russian bots for all we know.

God, this planet would be so much better off without Twitter. What a cesspool of disinformation and hot takes.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't even believe Trump is trying to call someone else a foul mouth. The problem with Trump is he is so vile and amoral that when he tries to use a moral argument it falls flat. His excuse he only men Omar when he used plural words is comically pathetic. It does seem that this time besides the GOP and far-right wingers everyone else saw this for what it was which is outright, overt racism.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Once again, white moderates put the burden and the risk of standing up for what's right on people of color.

Democratic leadership, where the fuck are you?

Oh right telling these women to shut up and know their place.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
He outed himself in the best way possible.

He prolly got on the phone with Fox news and demanded that they smooth things over with his base.

But this was most blatant that he may not recover

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Everything I said seems plainly obvious to me. Not sure what you're asking.

Have people already forgotten the series of events that led Trump to single out these four women in the first place? He didn't start the news cycle that culminated in this.

Guess that's why Pelosi is rushing to put that resolution to a vote, hoping that people will forget everything she's done to put a target on their backs (especially Omar's).

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably important that people remember that the reason any of this is happening is because of the Squad had enough of Pelosi trashing them in interviews and punched back after the most recent reminder from The Queen that they're just "four people"

The likes of that ghoul don't just get to turn around and jump on the Good Press Bandwagon now

This is a misrepresentation of the facts.

"Don't publicly refer to party colleagues as racists and child abusers" is not the same as "shut up and know your place".

The Problem Solvers Caucus is a gaggle of hideous monsters who could hardly be distinguished from centipede creatures in dim lighting

Calling them the "child abuser caucus" is generous

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
Once again, white moderates put the burden and the risk of standing up for what's right on people of color.

Democratic leadership, where the fuck are you?

Oh right telling these women to shut up and know their place.
Did you miss what started this and caused Trump to jump in and defend Pelosi?

"Don't publicly refer to party colleagues as racists and child abusers" is not the same as "shut up and know your place".

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's what started this though. That's what Trump picked up on.

Sure, but I thought people were talking about NOW. Instead of driving a further wedge between Pelosi and the freshmen democrats, or just doing nothing and letting the democrats infight, he's united them against him.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Right except she personally apologized to Mark Pocan who is a white male for calling them the child abuse caucus and didn't do shit for the women minorities. Hmmmmmmmm

Your schtick doesn't work anymore

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that was a week ago, and I think Trump's racism has backfired and has now united Democrats. Or at least put their differences aside for now. Thats what I"ve been hearing on MSNBC and CNN at least.

It did a good job of taking the spotlight off the embarrassing behavior of dem leaders yeah, but it's done nothing to """""unify""""" anyone but the Squad themselves. The narrative that "the dems are setting aside their differences to stand up to Trump" disintegrates when you look at what started this situation in the first place, and how it's going to continue to go.

The Pelosis of congress still hate the Squad-types. This will continue to be made clear now that they don't have any problem speaking out when Pelosi throws pot shots. Or, more likely, Nancy will go on to keep her stupid mouth shut to avoid making a stink like this again.

It's a shame since folks really need more of this back and forth within the party to proceed so that they can see past these painfully transparent MSNBC and CNN narratives of "See! They're all on the same team and getting along!!!"

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Trump played himself yet again but Pelosi's response should've been way more aggressive than the milquetoast tweet we got

The Squad is just gonna keep laying it out there over and over tho

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but I thought people were talking about NOW. Instead of driving a further wedge between Pelosi and the freshmen democrats, or just doing nothing and letting the democrats infight, he's united them against him.
lol %Rump basically said, all but telegraphed that the Dems would have no choice but to embrace them now that he's attacked them in that fashion. If Pelosi wants to change her tune now or just let all the other leaders chime in and sing praises of the Squad that would also be smart.

how it is he has such a clear view of this, I don't know. and it's kind of scary, tbh. he basically gave them a bridge, and the smart dems will cross it to defend them and declaim Tramp.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I know we shouldn't post count shame but it's really fucking tiring when we see the same <500 post alts come in here with their concern trolling

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Just a refresher, the person who called the Problem Solvers Caucus the Child Abusers Caucus got this treatment;

Democrats in the room said they interpreted that remark, in part, as a shot at Rep. Mark Pocan of Wisconsin and co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, who called moderate Democrats members of the "Child Abuse Caucus" in a tweet over their support for the Senate's version of the emergency humanitarian package.

But a Pelosi spokesman said the speaker's comments were about the use of Twitter in general and not targeted at any individual member.

Pocan, who was not in the meeting, said Pelosi personally phoned him later Wednesday afternoon to apologize that it had been seen that way.

Contrast this;

"All these people have their public whatever and their Twitter world," Pelosi said. "But they didn't have any following. They're four people and that's how many votes they got."

So is it about unity or is it about something else

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Actually, tone policing is a very common form of the know your place microagression.

Also, that's not the only time Pelosi has attacked and singled out these young women of color.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I hate saying this but most of my family is fully supportive of Trump's racist agenda. Yes that makes them racists. But... we're a minority too. We're Indian. WTF.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I hate saying this but most of my family is fully supportive of Trump's racist agenda. Yes that makes them racists. But... we're a minority too. We're Indian. WTF.
Minorities signing off on racism against other minorities isn't a new thing. The "Fuck you. I got mine" phenomenon is far from being exclusive to white people. In fact, pitting minorities against one another is a tried and true tactic by the powerful to keep people from focusing on who their ire should truly be aimed at.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, tone policing is a very common form of the know your place microagression.

I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
It did a good job of taking the spotlight off the embarrassing behavior of dem leaders yeah, but it's done nothing to """""unify""""" anyone but the Squad themselves. The narrative that "the dems are setting aside their differences to stand up to Trump" disintegrates when you look at what started this situation in the first place, and how it's going to continue to go.

The Pelosis of congress still hate the Squad-types. This will continue to be made clear now that they don't have any problem speaking out when Pelosi throws pot shots. Or, more likely, Nancy will go on to keep her stupid mouth shut to avoid making a stink like this again.

It's a shame since folks really need more of this back and forth within the party to proceed so that they can see past these painfully transparent MSNBC and CNN narratives of "See! They're all on the same team and getting along!!!"
Trump played himself yet again but Pelosi's response should've been way more aggressive than the milquetoast tweet we got

The Squad is just gonna keep laying it out there over and over tho

Yeah, Dems really tryna square away how this all happened. Lets break this down a bit,

This all started because Pelosi's trash ass wanted to beat on the Progressive sect of the party. So much so that we saw Repubs, Whiny McCain and Clown himself jump in to push a wedge issue in the matter.

Did people forget the thread we had last couple days? People (including me) were pissed at Pelosi's weak shit and still are and it was dominating the news cycle. But what we see now is that Clown being Clown utterly fucked up and pushed to far. He thought he could bet on orange and went completely overboard with the rhetoric. It was a terrible tweet, but him coming out today and hearing it spew from his mouth? Man... the double down was incredible.

Clown did what he did best, sucked the air out the room and made everyone focus on his banality. Media is having a frenzy railing on him, overtly labeling his words racist. So its an opportune time to run the media circuit on Clown Man, easy lay ups.

This is compounded with Pence and the ghost ICE Raids (supposedly) that just happened.

Its super intruiging to watch but like every flashpoint, this will blow over eventually until the next hot topic pops up. However, don't let this fool you into thinking theres Dem unity.... wtf Pelosi look like if she still didn't show up for our Reps when Clown takes a big shot like that. Its the only fucking reason she's pushed to do this half ass "resolution".

Maybe she'll fucking learn that taking shots at her progressive members sends the image that its an open frenzy and will stop with the bullshit, a smart leader wouldn't need to be told these things.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

White supremacy doesn't just affect white people. Everyone is vulnerable.

Show your family what Bannon things about south asians. And some light passages of The Camp of the Saints. That's the material that's inspiring Trump's racist agendas.