• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
Are y'all fucking SEEING the Fox News Headlines over this?

Watch: Ilhan Omar delivers heated, profanity-laced attack on President Trump

You unbelievable shitheads the only profanity she uses is verbatim from the cunt you put in office. Fucking christ...
The article, while still shitty, isn't nearly as bad as that headline. I wonder if FOX has a team dedicated to that sole purpose? I suppose it makes sense right? They probably have the metrics to see how much more influential headlines are than actual content. So they can put in a half hearted effort and journalism and then slap a crazy fucking headline on it that completely rewrites the story and that headline becomes fact where the story is just buried.... I don't know why I've never thought out this process before. It's so obvious.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Democrats were winning this issue. The Republicans were caught tongue tied. I don't know how this helped. Trump was digging his own grave by running his mouth and this just takes attention of him and the GOP who remain silent. The news cycle will now just focus on these women. They've effectively bailed him out. The best way to respond to a troll is don't. Let them dig their own grave.

Disagree in the past few days Trump has gone on so racist a tirade even his Republican allies aren't defending him, and in his rage and hate he's just broken kayfabe and admitted oh yeah we're locking people up in cages.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
The article, while still shitty, isn't nearly as bad as that headline. I wonder if FOX has a team dedicated to that sole purpose? I suppose it makes sense right? They probably have the metrics to see how much more influential headlines are than actual content. So they can put in a half hearted effort and journalism and then slap a crazy fucking headline on it that completely rewrites the story and that headline becomes fact where the story is just buried.... I don't know why I've never thought out this process before. It's so obvious.

I noticed that. They try to put little things in like "U.S. authorities dispute" and blah blah blah, but the headline itself is the most obvious offender. Much easier to spin a headline than to write effective agitprop consistently. Fox news readers and writers aren't just callous, stupid, and evil, they're also lazy.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
Democrats were winning this issue. The Republicans were caught tongue tied. I don't know how this helped. Trump was digging his own grave by running his mouth and this just takes attention of him and the GOP who remain silent. The news cycle will now just focus on these women. They've effectively bailed him out. The best way to respond to a troll is don't. Let them dig their own grave.

SOMEONE ALLOWING LITERAL CONCENTRATION CAMPS IS NOT A FUCKING "TROLL".

Holy shit the real definition of a troll isn't even hard, the twisting of it to include people who unironically believe everything they say is such a weird development of recent years.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i just noticed that "#TheSquad" is trending in the US on twitter

as is "#RacistPresident"

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SOMEONE ALLOWING LITERAL CONCENTRATION CAMPS IS NOT A FUCKING "TROLL".

Holy shit the real definition of a troll isn't even hard, the twisting of it to include people who unironically believe everything they say is such a weird development of recent years.

It's not even that effective against trolls. It's bad advice all around.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
I noticed that. They try to put little things in like "U.S. authorities dispute" and blah blah blah, but the headline itself is the most obvious offender. Much easier to spin a headline than to write effective agitprop consistently. Fox news readers and writers aren't just callous, stupid, and evil, they're also lazy.
I mean CNN and MSNBC do it alllllll the fucking time as well. It's really disgusting. But the thing I guess I've never really considered before is using headlines as a tool of influence to guide the narrative... I used to think they'd hyperbolize things for clicks but it's clear to me now they're rewriting the story with the headline.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
i just noticed that "#TheSquad" is trending in the US on twitter

as is "#RacistPresident"

#1 Worldwide, actually.

51cffbb7e2.png

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Remain silent? This is an awful take.

Oct 27, 2017
They looked like actual leaders in their conference. They rattled Trump so much he was rambling.

Oct 27, 2017
Remain silent? This is an awful take.
No he's right if we all just ignore him maybe he'll think he died and when he realizes he isn't in heaven he will redeem himself through acts of contrition only to be told at the end he isn't dead afterall which causes him to yell and scream at Butters for believing he was dead to begin with.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
My point is that it wasn't about her. But people are fixated on just her. The politics aren't even close to her in this situation given her group.

The two Trump has focused the most on are AOC and Ilhan. It was AOC that Graham blasted as an UnAmerican communist today, not naming the others. It's AOC that has been smeared relentlessly in right wing media from the second she beat Joseph Crowley.

Stop slipping because this ain't a good look.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Get yourself a job at a major media organisation maintaining their style guide you'll never run out of work making up flowery language to protect the powerful

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
lol, Trump knows he fucked up

I don't think he does. If he's only surrounded by people who tell him he did great, and he only watches Fox, which tells him, "He's great," and he disbelieves the Evil Mainstream Media as Fake News anyway, he has no reason to believe that he didn't just knock it out of the park, and he deserves another golf trip.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that after everything that's happened over the last few days a reporter still had the gall to ask Rep Omar the racist equivalent of a "When did you stop beating your wife?" trap question.
Disagree in the past few days Trump has gone on so racist a tirade even his Republican allies aren't defending him, and in his rage and hate he's just broken kayfabe and admitted oh yeah we're locking people up in cages.
Not all of his allies, Lindsey was still there with a reliable wet mouth for that tiny dick.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
And if EVERYONE votes, it won't matter.

I really hope enough Americans have woken up over the last three years that they're ready to vote next year. In a Hollywood movie, one stirring speech would be enough to get 95% of the eligible voters to hit the polls.

If, in 2020, we see something really disheartening like Trump winning again, and only 12% of eligible voters going in, with 10% of those being racist old white retirees with nothing better to do that day, while the other 88% of the country was too demoralized or apathetic to vote, I really don't know what it would say about the USA, especially if the excuse is, "But I wanted to watch Netflix that night."

KMi

Dec 4, 2018
As an outsider, I'd like to say that despite all the issues (to put it mildly) currently staining the reputation of the USA, these four women are an inspiration to a lot of us around the world. It's good to see the USA can still be a shining beacon of hope.

I know it's easier to talk about "the darkest timeline" and how fucked up everything is, but I for once really want to focus on the amazing possibilities the squad represents for future generations, in the USA and across the globe.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I really hope enough Americans have woken up over the last three years that they're ready to vote next year. In a Hollywood movie, one stirring speech would be enough to get 95% of the eligible voters to hit the polls.

If, in 2020, we see something really disheartening like Trump winning again, and only 12% of eligible voters going in, with 10% of those being racist old white retirees with nothing better to do that day, while the other 88% of the country was too demoralized or apathetic to vote, I really don't know what it would say about the USA, especially if the excuse is, "But I wanted to watch Netflix that night."
If the midterms are anything to go by that won't happen but I'll feel a lot better if we have an inspiring candidate. It's not that I don't like some of the choices we have now, but I'm still not sure if any of them have that "thing".

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania

We saw the seeds of it in the 2018 election, there's always more active voters in a presidential election year so it's certainly likely that turn out will be good which is a very good thing for the Dems.