• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Kevin McCarthy, the top Republican in the U.S. House of Representatives, said "there's no blame" for the United States in the Iran shooting down of a passenger plane that killed 176 people, including 57 Canadians.

The House Minority Leader on Tuesday responded to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's comments Monday that escalating tensions in the Middle East led to the disaster.

"There's no blame here for America. America stood up once again for freedom. Iran went past a red line they had not gone before: killing a U.S. citizen. Iran shot down an innocent commercial airliner. There's no doubt where the blame lies," Mr. McCarthy told reporters.

Mr. Trudeau told Global News in an interview Monday that the U.S. did not warn Canada before killing Mr. Soleimani.

"I think if there were no tensions, if there was no escalation recently in the region, those Canadians would be right now home with their families," the Prime Minister said. "This is something that happens when you have conflict and war. Innocents bear the brunt of it."

Mr. McCarthy said Iran bears the sole blame for tensions in the Middle East.

"The reason there are [176] dead people, innocent, is because Iran shot a missile and shot down a commercial liner. The reason why anything escalated is because Iran went and bombed tankers, Iran shot down a U.S. drone, Iran did something much different: killed a U.S. citizen. Iran went and attacked our embassy. So, yes, I agree that Iran is escalating things in the Middle East," he said. "Trudeau is right about what Iran has been doing."

Mr. McCarthy's direct references to the shooting down of the plane are unusual among Mr. Trump's allies. In recent days, Mr. Trump and his administration have repeatedly expressed support for protesters in Iran – and criticized the Iranian regime – but have mostly avoided saying anything about the downed plane. The White House has tried to de-escalate tensions with Tehran since last week, opting to impose sanctions rather than respond militarily to the bombing of American bases.

No U.S. citizens were killed in the plane crash, and the Iranian bombings in Iraq last week also resulted in no deaths.

Ok sure, Jan.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
EBIbpsuXYAMbE0A.jpg

Nov 1, 2017
Considering they are already changing their story on why they killed Suleimani , yeah they sure stood up for freedom alright. If you mean their own self interest. And by that I mean Trumps self interest due to the impeachment.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised, but also scared, at how openly stupid or disingenuous people like this hold positions of power.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
When you assassinate a high ranking general, you don't suppose the country that general worked for might be a little on their guard?

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Remember when a us warship shot down an Iranian passenger plane, while in Iranian waters that it has no right to be in...

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Freedom(tm)

Amazing he's a leader of anything. Is what I would say if someone even worse wasn't above him.

Aug 12, 2019
I'm still astounded McCarthy is the minority leader in the first place. He's somehow one of the most laughably incompetent clowns in the entirety of the GOP circus who always looks like he's either in pain or just confused when talking.

This is no exception seeing as he's once again just shriveling up to make sure he doesn't put any blame on the administration he's utterly beholden to.

Even if we might have avoided more long term war for the time being, the world absolutely knows the US was the aggressor that is more or less directly responsible for the following series of events and our name is dragged further through the mud. This whole farce of an administration is absolutely infuriating and exhausting.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
wonder if McCarthy knows anything about the possible assassination of a US Ambassador

360x0.jpg

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
It's amazing how disingenuous Republicans in power are about this situation. They know without a doubt this is our fault (Specifically Trump) but god forbid they call him out on it.

Funny part is, if Obama or any other Democrat president did this exact same actions leading to this situation, the bodes wouldn't even be cold before they'd be shouting to the highest mountain about how all of this was their fault. We all (Well, reasonable people anyways) know it's true.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
"There's no blame here for America. America stood up once again for freedom. Iran went past a red line they had not gone before: killing a U.S. citizen. Iran shot down an innocent commercial airliner. There's no doubt where the blame lies," Mr. McCarthy told reporters.
I like how no one can decide on the justification and impetus for the Soleimani strike.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Considering they are already changing their story on why they killed Suleimani , yeah they sure stood up for freedom alright. If you mean their own self interest. And by that I mean Trumps self interest due to the impeachment.

Perfect reply and took the words out of my mouth. McCarthy is a lying piece of shit, what degenerate filth.