• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
REFFL
Welcome everybody! This is the inaugural year for REFFL! I am MrNewVegas the commissioner of this league. I am an avid football fan and a long time fantasy football player. This will be my 14th season playing. I hope to find others who share my passion in fantasy football.

What we are
This is a brand new fantasy football league for members of ResetEra. If you haven't heard of or want to know more about fantasy football, let me tell you! There are several teams in a league which are run by an individual member. Before each season each team drafts/picks players to join their team. You cover each position as well as having backups. During gameday, depending on the stats a player receives will give that player points. The goal is to get them most points by playing the best players for that week. It is a great way to get invested into more games then just the team you are a fan of.

Members
1. MrNewVegas (Commissioner)
2.TBD
3.TBD
4.TBD
5.TBD
6.TBD
7.TBD
8.TBD
9.TBD
10.TBD
11.TBD
12.TBD

Important Dates
July 31st: Last day to join

Year One!

As August rolls ever closer, draft season is upon us. If you are interested in participating please post to let me know. I am also looking for 1 or 2 co-commissioners to assist. If you have any interest in being a co-commissioner please add that into your post as well.

I have decided Yahoo will be where our league will be located from the feedback I have received in the fantasy football thread. Scoring and rules will be determined once we have assembled our league members. We wont be doing anything to crazy such as 2QBs or super flex.

To be fair, I will not be taking the first 11 posters. Everybody comes on the board at different times. I will be setting a date and time of Tuesday July 31st 11:59EST. If we have more than 11, everybody will be tossed into an RNG. I feel this is the method which is even and balanced.

I will be offering a prize for this years winner. It will most likely be a steam card. If anybody else would like to donate to the winners prize pool feel free! If anybody would like to create a logo for us, that would be awesome as well.

I wish all those luck who wish to join. I also wish everybody an injury free team and to win every week unless you face me!

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Let's do this

put me in coach

I can help with commissioner duties also.

if we get 2 many hits, I suggest making more leagues and a making a relegation system

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I got the hang of fantasy last year, so hoping I'm good enough to hang with y'all. Count me in if you got space.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in and will quote myself from previous thread.

Yahoo, auction, PPR.

Edit: Why not do it like it was done on GAF? There were 3 GAF FF leagues under the same banner and you could move up or down based on the previous year. Top 4 in the third league move on to the second, bottom four of the first league moved down to the second, so on.

OP
OP
MrNewVegas

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in and will quote myself from previous thread.

Edit: Why not do it like it was done on GAF? There were 3 GAF FF leagues under the same banner and you could move up or down based on the previous year. Top 4 in the third league move on to the second, bottom four of the first league moved down to the second, so on.
Yup I will for every increment of 12 I think. I'll just need help.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
10 is just too easy for me haha. It's gotta be 12 to put you in those tough spots!

Agree, 12 is when you start having to scrape the bottom of the barrel and pin your hopes on lesser names in FA, praying for just 6-7 points from them when you experience injuries among your starters ;p You can still find decent fill-ins and work the wire to great success in difficult situations but you have to do your research. It's the sweet spot for me before you're playing 'too' many lesser names hehe I imagine 14 wouldn't be too different though. I vote for Snake draft as well.

OP
OP
MrNewVegas

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Agree, 12 is when you start having to scrape the bottom of the barrel and pin your hopes on lesser names in FA, praying for just 6-7 points from them when you experience injuries among your starters ;p You can still find decent fill-ins and work the wire to great success in difficult situations but you have to do your research. It's the sweet spot for me before you're playing 'too' many lesser names hehe I imagine 14 wouldn't be too different though. I vote for Snake draft as well.
Yes it'll be snake. Most people will be familiar with that versus auction.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I have to say anyone that has never done auction do some mock drafts for it. It's the most fun draft style to me and allows you to literally put your money where your mouth is instead of having luck determine whether you get someone or not.

silentg

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
I'm up for this! I'm in the UK and follow the NFL but don't have an in depth knowledge of the sport. I usually do 2 or 3 official nfl fantasy leagues with random every year.

What type of league is the Yahoo one? Just simple offence line-up or ppr?

Being in the UK, I might find a live draft difficult. Done it with randoms when creating a league. Find that really fun but never done an auction- sounds intimidating to me!

OP
OP
MrNewVegas

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm up for this! I'm in the UK and follow the NFL but don't have an in depth knowledge of the sport. I usually do 2 or 3 official nfl fantasy leagues with random every year.

What type of league is the Yahoo one? Just simple offence line-up or ppr?

Being in the UK, I might find a live draft difficult. Done it with randoms when creating a league. Find that really fun but never done an auction- sounds intimidating to me!
It will most likely be a staggered draft not live as finding times to work for everybody is hard.

Teams will consist of O players, kickers and D/ST(Defense+Special Teams).

Have you got to go to any of the games at Wembley?

Oct 25, 2017
This would be my 5th year of playing fantasy. We don't have enough people into it at work anymore so I've been looking for a second league to join.

Agree that 10-12 is the sweet spot.