Reset Era Players Present: Reign of Fear -- A D&D 5e Play-By-Post Campaign

OP
OP
Mike

Mike

Member
Oct 25, 2017
2,054
Greater Seattle Area
((You guys come out on top in initiative, Sagishi, Fhiess, and Keranos have more or less spent their actions. Sagishi's smoke bomb puts the spider zombie at the center of a cloud of smoke that provides a 10ft radius of heavy concealment.))
 

Noisy Ninj4

Member
Oct 25, 2017
650
Thosar calculates a moment. "We don't know what it is for sure, this could be an illusion or glamoured creature. Stay on the defensive for a moment and wait for it to act first!" ((Which means take the defense action and wait outside the cloud))
 

Nezumi

Member
Oct 25, 2017
824
Bad Soden am Taunus
Still trying to shake an overly affectionate Fawkes from his leg, Sagishi finally becomes aware of what is going on. Time seems to slow down. He could swear that Kernaos has just run of but he is already hearing the boy's voice in his head.
How are they supposed to draw this thing, whatever it is, out in the open?
Still pondering this problem he begins fumbling for his crossbow.
In a moment his life at the circus comes flashing back at him. That's right. You want an audience? You gotta make a ruckus!
Sagishi aims his crossbow at the cloud of smoke concealing the supposed shinning guard. He has come to trust this crossbow quite a bit so he doesn't really bother much with aiming and instead starts to rummage through his pockets for some of his fire crackers.
Lighting them has come second nature to him and the bolt seems to just has left his string before one of them flies sizzling through the air and explodes in a crescendo of noise and light in the hallway.
"Begone!" Sagishi bellows, in his best imitation of Oliver and Rufus. Every time the circus had come into a new town the twins had roamed the streets, and bellowed out the attractions of the circus in a loud but otherwise mostly intellegable string of words. He had learned back then that it mattered little what you said, as long as the tone and volume was right.
"I will put an end to your eight-legged mischief!"

(Attack: 21 to hit and 9 damage. 20 for using the fire works in the hope of attracting witnesses and possibly distracting the thing.)
 

Eternal Song

Member
Oct 31, 2017
611
It's spiders.

Of all the ridiculous, contrived possibilities, this was one thing that had never entered into Galen's mind; spiders are wearing a suit of armor to stand watch over a room that has only recently gained note. And it is the act of standing watch that caused the room to receive notice.

As Sagishi springs to action, Galen moves behind, readying bow and arrow to strike, loosing his dangerous shafts at the monster in the cloud of smoke before following the kitsune's lead back through the door.


((Current Map

Attack One: [19]+3+3+2=27
Attack Two: [13]+8=21

Revised Ranger, Natural Explorer gives Advantage against foes who have not acted, cancelling out concealment.))
 

Noisy Ninj4

Member
Oct 25, 2017
650
Fingers dancing in the air, Thosar places the image of solid wall where the door way stands. Obscuring the door and open portal behind the image.

((Minor illusion placing wall on the doorway covering the door and doorway.))
 
OP
OP
Mike

Mike

Member
Oct 25, 2017
2,054
Greater Seattle Area
Through the cloud of the smoke bomb, Galen and Sagishi both are able to make out the form of the Shining Guard as a silhouette of darkness against the roiling grey and make a series of ranged attacks. As their arrows and bolt strike home, gouts of blood seem to erupt from the puncture wounds in the armor. Only when the individual drops start scampering around does it become apparent that swarms of spiders with abdomens like red jewels have been released.

One contingent of the spiders makes its way straight toward the window, and soon Ludwig finds his face teeming with the skittering creatures, biting at his hide with their fangs.

Code:
Spider Swarm Bite vs. Ludwig:
1d20 + 3 = 20
Damage if that hits: 4d4 = 10
The remainder of the swarm splits in two, one half crawling along the wall while the other mass makes its way toward the room where Galen, Sagishi, and Thosar are staging their assault. The first half happens upon Fhiess lurking in the hallway and immediately swarm over him in a coordinated assault.

Code:
Spider Swarm Bite vs. Fhiess:
1d20 + 3 = 12
Damage if that hits: 4d4 = 9
The Shining Guard himself initially seems confused by the sudden disappearance of the door. What happens when an automaton incapable of independent thought is told to guard a door, but then the door ceases to exist? Well, evidently it no longer considers itself under the terms of the original instructions, because it beings to stalk toward its attackers.

Shouts can be heard through the castle. Sagishi's attempt to cause a commotion and draw attention have borne fruit.

((Current map))
 

MoonlitBow

Member
Oct 25, 2017
750
When a large group of spiders at him, Fhiess starts to step back to get away from it. He starts hopping backward when they try to crawl at his feet.

He makes his way outside and draws his crossbow in an anticipation.


<Fhiess wasn't hit, doing a Disengage action to retreat without provoking AoO

https://beta.ditzie.com/85200/5c86ce4f5e792>
 

Nezumi

Member
Oct 25, 2017
824
Bad Soden am Taunus
Since Ludwig has already warned them of the suit's content the swarming arachnids neither surprise not particularly bother the kitsune.
Since he sees little use in wasting his bolts on them he instead focuses on the approaching shining guard who's still pretty active even without his eight-legged companions. He takes a few steps back before taking aim and letting his bolt fly.

((Retreating all the way to the wall and then attacking. 26 (critical) to hit, Damage 38))
 

Noisy Ninj4

Member
Oct 25, 2017
650
"Let's clear the field a bit." The elven sage gets a small smirk on his face as he maneuvers behind the Galen to get a better view of the room. "Tempestas Ignis!" A small bead of light leaves Thosar's hand and shoots silently past Galen's head. It collides with the wall near the spider swarm that had attacked Fheiss and erupts into a massive blossom of flame, engulfing the spider swarm that had been attacking Fheiss, the smoke cloud, and the suit of armor with a loud Fwoosh.

((Moving two squares east, then cast fireball on square 3 squares north of the spider swarm. 19 fire damage, roll for half DC 15. https://beta.ditzie.com/85200/5c86db942d285 ))
 
Nov 2, 2017
140
As spiders swarm Ludwig and begin delivering painful bites, he frantically tried to think of a solution. Keranos said to unmask the guy in public, but he's out of Ludwig's reach now, and the J'raffa can't easily get in the building. Plus, these spiders that came out of the armor kind of hurt, and need to be dealt with. Thinking for about anything else while they're biting at him is hard.

That's it! If Ludwig can't bring the spider infested man, he can do the next best thing and bring the spiders in question to people. Surely Keranos will consider that a good backup and be satisfied at seeing them.

Ludwig raises his holy symbol into the air, and channeling the fearful danger inherent in high risk short term stock trading, bellows "SPIDERS LEAVE!"

((Using abjure enemy on the spider swarm, DC 13 wisdom save to not be frightened))
 

Eternal Song

Member
Oct 31, 2017
611
Galen hears every step of the metal spider man's menacing approach as it draws ever nearer, its desiccated, spider-ridden face, though hidden behind a visor, clear enough in his mind. It will be upon them soon, entering in through the doorway.

The archer reaches for his blade, finding nothing. Remembering it's not there, he quickly pulls his dagger from its sheath, planting his feet firmly upon the ground as he brings the blade, with a flourish, to his side.


((Galen's going to focus on dodging!

Um, err... mmMhHmm. Dodge action. Right in the doorway.

Edit: I think this should be about where Sagishi moved to?))
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike

Mike

Member
Oct 25, 2017
2,054
Greater Seattle Area
Sagishi takes aim at the seething mass of arachnids and lets fire with a crossbow bolt. He is wildly successful in the seemingly improbable task of taking out an overwhelming majority of the crawling creatures with a projectile weapon, leaving only a few confused spiders left moving erratically on the stone floor. Or, you know, he shoots the Shining Guard. The Shining Guard isn't slowing down, though.

Fhiess manages to somehow slip away from the creatures and puts some distance between himself and the spiders while Thosar lays down a wave of fire upon them, watching them skitter and burn before winking out one by one.

The spiders immediately behind the Shining Guard seem to be taking their cue from the armored zombie, and they swarm forth toward the room containing the trio of heroes. As Galen rolls away, they surge forth and crawl up his legs, but their mandibles aren't anywhere near strong enough to penetrate his clothing and armor.

The Shining Guard, however, is still a threat. It staggers forward as spiders continue to crawl about the exterior of its armor, raising its longsword above its head before swinging at Galen in a pair of deadly strokes. The door makes combat awkward, though, so the first of its swings glances off the jamb, but it carries through on its momentum to thrust the sword through the door frame, taking aim at Galen's midsection.

Meanwhile, Ludwig attempts to rebuff his enemies with a showing of his holy symbol and denunciation of their efforts, but to little effect.

Because they're spiders.

They're spiders, and they're eating his face.

((Spiders attack Galen))
Code:
Spider Swarm Bite vs. Galen:
1d20 + 3 = 9
Disadvantage: 1d20 + 3 = 12
Miss
((Shining Guard takes two swings at Galen))
Code:
Shining Guard Longsword vs. Galen:
Attack 1: 1d20 + 6 = 13
Disadvantage: 1d20 + 6 = 18
Don't think that hit?

Attack 2: 1d20 + 6 = 21
Disadvantage: 1d20 + 6 = 23
Damage if that beats Galen's AC: 1d8 + 4 = 11
((Spiders rolled a natural 20 on their save against being frightened, so they're still munching away on Ludwig's face))
Code:
Spider Swarm Bite vs. Ludwig:
1d20 + 3 = 21
Damage: 4d4 = 7
((Map))
 
Last edited:

Eternal Song

Member
Oct 31, 2017
611
((The Shining Guard's second attack does, in fact, hit. The first came too close for comfort.

Galen's probably repeating this last round as best he can, but I'll see what everyone else is doing before confirming this.))
 
Nov 2, 2017
140
"Ow, my face!"

Disappointed that he couldn't chase off the spiders with capitalist fervor, Ludwig settles for removing the swarm by force. He fills his hooves with radiant light as he begins swatting and burning them away. Some spider bites are good for proof of what happened here, but more than some will make him like that zombie guard.

((21 to hit on the first attack, 11 bludgeoning plus 10 radiant for 21 total. 10 on the second attack, which I assume misses))
 

MoonlitBow

Member
Oct 25, 2017
750
It is soon after Fhiess flees through the door way that flames splatter arachnid debris that shrivel and dry to ash quickly after. Realizing that it is safe to go back in, Fhiess rushes back and takes aim at their foe with a crossbow that, up until now, had hardly been used.

With the weapon recoiling from the eject mechanism that propels the bolt, the projectile swiftly rips through the air only to spring harmlessly from the helmet with a wayward whirl and a gentle ring.

<Attack missed.

https://beta.ditzie.com/85200/5c92fec43144f >
 
Last edited:

Eternal Song

Member
Oct 31, 2017
611
((The north group could technically reach him through the door on the right, but the left door makes more sense if we're going to abandon this position.

Do we want to make a break for it?))
 

ThLunarian

Member
Oct 26, 2017
1,098
Keranos watches the battle from on high, through his disembodied consciousness as his body rests safely (for the moment) in Hulna Stonecipher's guest chamber.

He would like to help his companions, but he's so far away plus there are spiders that by the time he'd get there, the battle may already be over. And then, what if the guards come and arrest everyone anyway? Then the entire purpose of his evacuation would be nullified.

Still, anxiety is ever-present as he sees things unfold. It doesn't look like any of them are in any danger oh god oh god Ludwig is covered in them , but he will be far more comfortable after the Shining Guard and its minions are dispatched.
 
OP
OP
Mike

Mike

Member
Oct 25, 2017
2,054
Greater Seattle Area
Sagishi unleashes another bolt, this one aimed squarely at the faceplate of the Shining Guard. It punches through the beaten metal of the helmet and the undead horror draws to a standstill. Spiders stream out of the hole and wander the surface of the plate armor aimlessly as the longsword falls from its hand with a loud clang as it strikes the stone floor. It is the sound of a mouse sneezing compared to the clatter of the rest of the figure falling down, breaking open its full plate armor to reveal the desiccated husk within the armor, the interstitial space choked with cobwebs.

((I'll rule that since the Shining Guard was passing as a person, its longsword is salable. The armor is too beat up to be worth anything at this point. Thanks, Sagishi.))

A stampede of feet come rushing up the stairs, and soon the small space is filled with guards staring in slack-jawed horror at the festering abomination lying plain as day as evidence of Crullus's inexplicable duplicity. They murmur among themselves and make the appropriate signs of their gods in the air, but pointedly avoid making contact with the fallen monster, going so far as to high step around the random spiders still milling about on the floor.
 

MoonlitBow

Member
Oct 25, 2017
750
As the sounds of guards beginning to arrive emit from the lower floor, Fhiess puts away his crossbow and nods to Sagishi, "Hurry. I will attempt to buy you some time."

He turns towards the approaching guards with eagerness to explain, "Everyone! There is a reason a fight had broken out so suddenly." He points behind him, "Look carefully, this room is filled with shriveled creatures from the Underdark we felled in our defense and the guard.. he was already long wandering the Astral Seas by the time we had arrived. The spiders had taken his body and rendered him no different from an undead corpse."

"I can't explain why such a monster would continue to stand guard so obediently, but that is what we hope to find out. This could be the first of strings we find being pulled from a web of lies that lie in the shadows around the very corners of the rooms we stand in."


<Fhiess is hoping his speech is sufficiently long enough and gets the guards to focus their attention on the scene enough that Sagishi can unlock the door and sneak in>
 
OP
OP
Mike

Mike

Member
Oct 25, 2017
2,054
Greater Seattle Area
((I believe we already have a roll in the Discord for Sagishi's lock picking that was more than sufficient to enter without difficulty. While Sagishi is doing his thing, everyone can get a response in to the situation))
 

Noisy Ninj4

Member
Oct 25, 2017
650
With the thing vanquished and Sagishi busying himself at the door, Thosar examines the body trying to determine what exactly the group has faced.

((Roll arcana? 1d20+10+1d4=14))
 

ThLunarian

Member
Oct 26, 2017
1,098
Keranos is content to observe the scene from a distance. While the likelihood of his comrades being arrested seems to have decreased significantly, he can't imagine any advantage to be gained by him revealing himself.
 

Eternal Song

Member
Oct 31, 2017
611
The Guard's blade bites into Galen, its sting causing him to double over slightly as he takes a small step back. Air hisses through grit teeth as he flips his dagger to a backhand grip, steadying his footing to ready for the next assault.

A bolt whizzing through the air, followed by a cacophony of crashing metal, signals an end to the threat.

The false knight now lying on the ground vanquished, Galen drops his weight against the doorway, shaking and brushing arachnids from their place on his form and smashing a number underfoot. Stowing his bow, he crosses his arm across his torso to place a hand over his wound, dagger held loosely at his side.
 
OP
OP
Mike

Mike

Member
Oct 25, 2017
2,054
Greater Seattle Area
Thosar does his best to try to identify what sort of creature it may be that they have just encountered. The spiders are of a variety that doesn't appear to be familiar, and now that it has been rendered inert, it's difficult to say what might have been animating the corpse. Was it some manner of zombie, or were the spiders somehow animating it? It's a fascinating question that isn't going to be answered just this moment. But maybe if he had a live specimen...

There is a commotion at the stairway as people part for some unseen entity. Hulna emerges, shoving aside a forest of elbows to make her way past the wary onlookers into the empty space surrounding the downed Shining Guard. "Gods above, save us all," she whispers to herself. "Oh, Crullus, what have you done?"
 

Nezumi

Member
Oct 25, 2017
824
Bad Soden am Taunus
The arrival of Hulna comes as a relive to Fhiess. In his head he had already seen himself and the rest of the group being let to the dungeons in chains. Seeing an at least somewhat friendly face, rekindles his optimism. He turns to Hulna and asks, "So this is a surprise for you, as well? I had Crullus pecked as a man of ambitions, but never imagined he would go this far.."

While the bard is talking to Hulna, Fawks carefully makes her way around the scattered spider remains. She sniffs at the peculiar odors. Somehow she realizes that everything that has happened so far is every important to her owner, but before she is able to form a more concrete thought around this realization, the Owner has already swooped her up in his arms. The young half-elf's heart beats heavy in his chest as he continues to talk to the small lady smelling of ink and authority. Fawkes presses her head against the young man's chin in an attempt to sooth him.
"I know i have brought trouble to many of your people before. But I assure you that my acts were born of nothing but regrettable missunderstandings. I hope you are willing to aid us and everyone to solve this arachnid crisis that surrounds us all despite my actions."

((Roll was an 11... Guess Fhiess' mojo is gone now))
 

MoonlitBow

Member
Oct 25, 2017
750
The plating of the infested armor had not even clattered onto the ground by the time Sagishi had put away his weapon. Understanding that he has only a short time to act before the approaching crowd turns the corner, Sagishi moves to the now unguarded lock with tools twirling around his finger. He glances at the lock to consider its origin and possible mechanisms before making a selection of strangely shaped wires to prod into the opening. It takes just a flick of the wrist and a little wiggle for the lock to disengage with ease.

With the room now open to him, the thief slips inside then closes the door behind him. He begins to search for any information that might relate to what might have happened to Ryder's friend.

<Perception: rolled 6. (3, 3)>
 

ThLunarian

Member
Oct 26, 2017
1,098
Ludwig is barely finished spitting out stray spider parts when Hulna inserts herself into the scene.

He resists the temptation to huff outwardly, but the Champion of the Proletariat is the LAST person he wants to see right now. He'd rather face off against another member of the Shining Guard.

Still.... Loathe as he is to admit it, she IS his ally.

For now.

"Yeah," he says. "I knew that Crullus was bad news. All that distributing free food and supplies outside the invisible hand of the Free Market should have been a warning sign to anyone who was paying attention." He gives the Purveyor of Perestroika a quick side-eye before turning his attention to the guards who are no doubt nearby.

"Anyway," he says, "So yeah, hate to break it to you guys but your Shining Guard is bad news. Nothing but a bunch of spider-infested zombies. We should probably be on the lookout for zombies and spiders and shit like that."

He looks around for Sagishi. Failing to find him, he nods in satisfaction; the thief must have made it into the secret room. Now it's just a matter of buying time.

"Maybe we should form a search party or something? I can cover the courtyard."
 
Nov 2, 2017
140
Keranos continues to observe the unfolding situation from above. The speed with which Hulna seems to understand what is unfolding only further confirms his initial certainty that Hulna is a savvy ally. Divine providence is never wrong, and Hulna is yet another instance of why the judgment of the mighty Keranos should not be questioned.

The situation seems largely under control, and nothing unfolding immediately calls for his physical presence. If anything, his current position is ideal an ideal one from which he can remotely search for the now ousted Crullus.

Ludwig's horrific bite-covered form, and the remaining hellish, red spiders crawling around, skittering, lurking and biding their time, oh god the clacking of their legs... none of that weighs into his decision to stay back. Don't be absurd.

((12 + 5 for 17 on perception to remotely search for Crullus))
 
OP
OP
Mike

Mike

Member
Oct 25, 2017
2,054
Greater Seattle Area
Despite Sagishi's best efforts, nothing in the office seems to be of particularly incriminating value. It's just ledgers and logistics and analysis written in language so dry that it threatens to desiccate the inside of his mouth and leave his tongue dry and the roof of his mouth parched if he were to speak it aloud. Still, Crullus thought it was of enough value and secrecy that he posted one of his spider-infested minions to guard it. Surely there is something here, but he lacks the wherewithal to find it.

Meanwhile, a search has begun in the fortress, the efforts of the Endowed augmented by Hulna's assertion of command over the guards. She is nowhere near their chain of command, but the men seem eager to follow a leader of any muster in this situation. There are only so many places a paladin and a squad of fully-armored knights can hide in a place this small. And that number happens to be zero, because Crullus is found almost immediately.

He must be blithely unaware of what is transpiring within the walls of his fortress, because he strolls through the terraced ward without hurry or alarm, apparently issuing orders or inspecting his personal Shining Guard. The waterfall thunders behind him, apparently more than loud enough to swallow whole the commotion of the fortress, for surely he would have reacted if he had even the slightest inkling what has happened.
 

Nezumi

Member
Oct 25, 2017
824
Bad Soden am Taunus
Sagishi silently curses the recent twist of events. Alone he isn't able to make any sense whether or not anything in this room is of importance. He even takes the time to sniff around in fox form but nothing but the expected scents of paper and a variety of people makes itself obvious.
Frustrated he begins grabbing papers and documents at random and stuffs them into his pockets. Maybe if he can bring as much material as possible to his friends they might be able to to find some information that hasn't revealed itself to him.
Once he is done he slips out into the hallway again.
((Rolled a 6 for my smell perception and 26 for stealth to get out of the room unnoticed))
 
OP
OP
Mike

Mike

Member
Oct 25, 2017
2,054
Greater Seattle Area
After stuffing as many documents as he can into the myriad pockets someone of his profession would be expected to have, Sagishi smoothly slips out the door to the office. Unsurprisingly, the attention still seems to be focused on the fallen Shining Guard creature, which makes for an easy egress. When he reappears beside the sides of the others, it is as though he has been there the whole time and the office has been left undisturbed.
 

ThLunarian

Member
Oct 26, 2017
1,098
Keranos, backed and emboldened by a group of Hulna's men, storms toward Crullus the moment he sees him. "Governor!" he shouts, but his words are drowned out by the roar of the waterfall; with Crullus's back turned, he does not even notice their approach. A second attempt yields no better result, and so Keranos opts for some dramatic flair.

He raises his arms and commands a crack of thunder to reverberate through the terrace. GOVERNOR! he projects into the man's mind. The jig is up! The true nature of your 'Shining Guard' has been discovered! Surrender peacefully, else we shall be forced to take more drastic measures!
 
OP
OP
Mike

Mike

Member
Oct 25, 2017
2,054
Greater Seattle Area
Crullus is almost casual as he turns around at Keranos's challenge, standing at the balustrade of the mezzanine level. His enameled armor gleams golden in the setting sunlight as he raises his voice to answer his accuser. "And what true nature is that, hm?" he asks. "No nation can stand alone against the world. Alliances must be forged, you see. And that is precisely what I have done. I am sworn to ensure the survival of Telmur above all else, and as of this moment Westreach, for all intents and purposes, is the sum total of what remains of our kingdom. Make no mistake, we cannot stand against Phobetor's might, our only chance to survive this is diplomacy. I have treated with the phobic animus, and it has sworn that no action shall be taken against Westreach so long as we take none in return. Phobetor will have his fill of fear and depart our world, leaving our people free to refound Telmur.

"A new Telmur.

"A better Telmur."

He extends his hand as though he grips Somnus in his palm. "We are kindred spirits, you, your friends and I," he calls out. "There is no reason we need be enemies on this count. I would ask of you, leave Westreach in my care and travel east. Send as many people as you can into our waiting arms where they will know sanctuary from the coming darkness. It is a fool's errand to try to save everyone, but we can still try to save as many as we possibly can."
 

MoonlitBow

Member
Oct 25, 2017
750
After Fhiess rushes to the scene where Crullus had been discovered, he stops from behind an outer corner of a wall to listen to the speech. The man's ideas trouble him greatly; the bard had seen nothing but suffering and destruction eminating from the actions of the Phobic Anima during their journey. He says to the others that might have arrived as well, "Think of something while I speak to him."

He steps out into the open to confront Crullus himself. He reaches out with a pointed finger, "You talk of forging alliances, but what ally can we gain from the King trapped in shattered shards, scattered and lost? What people can we save if we continue to allow towers to fall on their kingdoms, villages to be raided, and mythical beasts to erase civilizations?"

He shakes his head, "This new Telmur would not even be a candle in the darkness surrounding it. I believe in spreading light and hope to the entire world instead. You only wish to save yourself and abandon all others in the name of gaining rule over a kingdom that isn't yours!"
 
Last edited:

ThLunarian

Member
Oct 26, 2017
1,098
Keranos listens to Crullus, and then to Fhiess. He shakes his head and laughs. For dramatic effect, he uses his godly powers to amplify the sound such that it echoes even over the thunderous roar of the waterfall.

"No, Fhiess, don't you see?" he says sarcastically. "The wise and shrewd Governor here seems to have found a loophole! He believes that if he can simply corral everyone in the world to fit into this tiny corner called Westreach, they will be immune from Phobetor's wrath! Surely when the self-proclaimed Phobic Animus realizes that he is short on victims and that he has been outwitted, he will turn tail and flee, defeated!"

He sighs and drops the sarcasm. "Governor, you seem to have overlooked a critical detail. By entering into this devil's pact, you have awoken the ire of the gods native to this plane. For example: Keranos, the God of Storms."

A bolt of lightning and clap of thunder light up the sky.

"And I'm afraid that I cannot sanction such a selfish, and ultimately foolish, bargain. This world is not yours to surrender. And soon, this city will no longer be yours to lead."

He flaps his cape and extends his palm to threaten a spell. "Surrender willingly, or be brought to heel by force. The choice is yours!"

((Initiative roll is 9))
 
Nov 2, 2017
140
"You know, I was hoping the paladin in you outweighed the statist pig, but can't say this is surprising..."

Ludwig sighs, shakes his head, and directs his attention to the rest of the party. "See, this is how this goes every time. Every. Single. Time. You go in, thinking you're a good person and that you can rule over people all good like. The allure of ruling a place sets in, you start justifying sketch shit with hoofwaves like realpolitik, and within a week you're making deals with abstract concepts of evolving to hold on to your kingdom. Always how it ends, with tyrants wanting to keep what's theirs, and then bam, suddenly society's run by spiders. Every damn time. Well, I guess this is where we take out the trash."

((13 on initiative))
 

Nezumi

Member
Oct 25, 2017
824
Bad Soden am Taunus
Sagishi isn't one to make big speeches. His dad always said that actions speak louder than words. So, he pulls out his crossbow and points it at the man.

((Iniative 15))
 

Noisy Ninj4

Member
Oct 25, 2017
650
With everyone readying for battle, Thosar has a thought. He silently messages Sagishi. "Before this starts, check the stone. Is Crullus still in possession of his spark?"

Then, he calls out to Fheiss and any of the others in hearshot. "This is just like from before with the chieftan! Crullus is not himself, get him to see the error here and to remember what really matters! The Anima will consume everything, no deal it makes is sound, the last world it invaded was left with nothing but the hope we now possess!"

[Message to Sagishi. Initiative 5 if it comes to it.]
 
OP
OP
Mike

Mike

Member
Oct 25, 2017
2,054
Greater Seattle Area
The light within the crystal is steady and unfailing, pointing directly at Crullus no matter which way the crystal is oriented. Whatever the nature of power that endows the Endowed, Crullus is certainly still in possession of it.
 

Nezumi

Member
Oct 25, 2017
824
Bad Soden am Taunus
After checking the crystal and seeing that Crullus still holds the power Sagishi gives a thumps up to Thosar as he, unlike seemingly everyone else in their group is not able to talk into someone's mind.
 

Eternal Song

Member
Oct 31, 2017
611
Galen hurries to the scene of the confrontation with the others, stopping at the corner with Fhiess and, as the half-elf steps out and speaks, scopes out the field in case the situations takes a turn for the even worse.

While the confrontation escalates toward the inevitable, he prepares an arrow.

This is likely not the time and place for a fight.


((I was going include a Cure Wounds, but it might be a bit late now with Initiative rolls.

Initiative: 8+3=11))
 

Noisy Ninj4

Member
Oct 25, 2017
650
"Fheiss, I could use a few words of wisdom if you don't mind."

Thosar casts a minor illusion of sound to ensure all can hear. "Crullus, you have succumbed to fear, just as others have before us. You would not make this arrangement if you were in your right mind. Those of you still free, there remains hope in this world, a seed that yet remains and that we have been traveling far and wide to grow. Do not give in to despair, it is the will of the invader that you do!" Thosar adjusts the illusion to the voice of the old man the group had met so long ago, amplifying it as loud as he can.

"Listen to me! *Wheeze* I could not stop him in my world, but I have done all I can to aid you in yours. The seed, the seed is his anchor. Liberate it, and he will fall. You seven have been Endowed with the means to stop him. There will be others. You must find them, they must bequeath their power to you, or you must take it by force. Only then can you stand against his Phobic Anima."