• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minarik

Nov 9, 2017
The last few weeks, I can only browse Reset for about 30 seconds before the tab gets taken over by an ad. It's not a pop-up tab, so I can't simply close the ad. The back button is also worthless once one of these ads appears. I have to close the tab and reopen Reset in a new tab.

Is there a solution to this issue that I'm not aware of?

Here's an example:
TAgDH4f.jpg

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
Try using Brave Browser, I never see these. Whatever blocking it does seems to work.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
stop using chrome.
use a browser like vivaldi, opera, brave with built in adblock

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Try using Brave Browser, I never see these. Whatever blocking it does seems to work.
stop using chrome.
use a browser like vivaldi, opera, brave with built in adblock
That's why we should all subscribe to era clear.

just use an adblocker.

I'm all against obtrusive ads, but you folks really don't want this site to get any money to offset the costs of running it?

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I'm on iOS (safari) and I haven't really noticed it much other than an occasional ad here or there..maybe I've been lucky.

OP
OP

Minarik

Nov 9, 2017
I try not to use adblock on sites I regularly use though. I usually don't mind ads, but these totally take over the tab.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Firefox Focus on iOS
or
Firefox Preview on Android

Will help with the ads

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
This seems to happen every couple of months. I haven't had redirects with safari on ios 13 recently, but it could be why pages regularly crash and automatically reload.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like it's even worse lately. I know they've said they're working on fixing this in the past but now it's got me considering alternative browsers.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Yeah due to the number of times I've been hit by redirects or really just intrusive ads I've installed an ad blocker now.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
It happens a lot during holidays and weekends, I assume the people they report these takeovers to don't work those and that's when they get snuck in.

maddieJ

Oct 27, 2017
South Portland, ME
It used to happen everyone once and a while, but it's been happening a lot more lately. It wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that it happens when I'm in the middle of reading a page and when I hit back, it skips the page I was actually on.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Been having the same issues myself. It's why I haven't been as active as I usually am. I spend 95% of my time here from my phone, but the ads have been terrible lately.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I get this once in a while, but not regularly.

But can we discuss shortening ResetEra to "Reset"? "Era" is only three letters. use that.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah this happens every time I use the mobile site. Sometimes it only happens in certain threads, though I have no idea what would trigger it.

The worst part is when you try to hit back and it "delays" or doesn't even work, so you have to hit it multiple times and it just goes back to the Home Screen. Makes me so mad lol

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Sort of off/on topic but I think its ad related(?):
When I write something on era mobile and then open a new tab in my browser, era kind of reloads/refreshes new ads (?) or something and deletes my already written stuff by doing so.
Its so frustrating and annoying

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Firefox on ios 13, not seeing anything like that.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That does not happen at all to me on iOS Chrome. The site is extremely usable and very well optimized for mobile.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Use the built in samsung browser. It's basically chrome with a lot of extra features like adblock and dark mode etc

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
As others have said, other browsers fix the issue.

Also, try remove/reinstalling Chrome as a stop gap measure. It'll likely return but so far it's been working fine.

I've noticed Chrome getting a clear overlay (presumably) that prevents you from clicking on anything. Anyone else have this also? I've made sure to disable display over other apps but still get it from time to time.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've just stopped browsing here on my phone for the most part due to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.