deltaplus
    Administrator

Fixed

2. Kyuuji

Kyuuji

Thank you!

3. flyinj

flyinj

Still getting the page load timeouts in Chrome on my Android.

4. ev0

ev0

Still getting page load stalls/timeouts on safari/chrome/FF on iOS as well

5. flyinj

flyinj

I'm thinking given the random nature of the page stalls, it may be related to a certain ad?

6. flyinj

flyinj

I just tried using Opera on my Android with it's ad blocker enabled, and I haven't gotten a single stall in 20 minutes.

So it's most likely ad related.

7. nynt9

nynt9

I'm unable to change my avatar on chrome on desktop. It says the file size is too large and I should pick something <50kb, but the file itself is an 31kb png with dimensions 250x200.

8. ev0

ev0

Ahh that would make sense. I can’t even tell what ad it would be since it never loads lol.
    At first I thought it was my work internet doing it, but it started happening at home too

9. Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop
    _ _ _ w _ _ _ Administrator OP

It’s ad related. My communication is going to be spotty for the next week or so.

Tag Dream or deltaplus or Ferny for urgent issues.

10. fierrotlepou

fierrotlepou

Wait, where did the “entertainment” part go to?

11. Bigg

Bigg

It was reverted after a few hours due to a combination of too much thread clutter due to having hangout threads in the same forums as regular threads and also a large amount of community backlash. Entertainment threads now go in OT as they did before.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/back-to-normal.66147/

12. flyinj

flyinj

Good to get confirmation, thanks.

13. flyinj

flyinj

As of today I am getting no more page load hangs in Chrome on my Android. Seems like something got fixed?

14. So is it just me or did the option to click on pages for any given thread disappear (when browsing the various threads)?

15. jett

jett
    Community Resettler Member

This isn't a bug, but it's honestly somewhat of an oversight that you can't search which threads a member has made.

16. ned_ballad

ned_ballad

Whatever this issue was, I don't appear to be having it anymore. Been loading fine since this morning without the need to block any scripts.

17. Dream

Dream

What theme(s) does this problem occur for you assuming that you are still experiencing it?

18. I was in Night Era...but the problem seems to have gone away on its own I think.

19. Sir Guts

Sir Guts

NightERA still zooms in automatically whenever I hit the reply box. Safari iPhone

20. Birdseye

Birdseye

Hiding avatars doesn't work

21. FaceHugger

FaceHugger

My PSN name has an underscore and some hyphens in it. I cannot enter it into my contact details, unsupported format. I guess it doesn't like one or both of those special characters.

22. Jonnykong

Jonnykong

I don't know where to ask this, but can somebody please inform me of how to upload pictures on here?

I've used imgur in the past, but the site has changed now and I can't seem to find the option anymore to copy and paste the correct embedded link.

There's probably a really easy solution I'm missing.

23. Dream

Dream

Fixed now though let me know if any unintended consequences showed up.

Make sure that you have named your device if the option you selected is By Machines instead of All The Time.

On the reply/quick reply box should still see the various icons for formatting/media options right? If yes, do you see the "plus" sign? The one for hotlinking images is the second icon to the left of the "plus" sign. And you can type out the bbcode:

[*img]url[*/img]

Just make sure to remove the asterisk before both "img" bits and replace the url with the one for the image.

24. Sir Guts

Sir Guts

You’re amazing. Thank you!

25. ruggiex

ruggiex

Just noticed the BB Codes page in Help is not readable using NightEra theme due to the text colors in the boxes.

26. Dream

Dream

Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

27. jamsy

jamsy

So I have "Hide Avatars" checked but it keeps showing avatars (tried multiple devices).

Does the feature work?

28. Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop
    _ _ _ w _ _ _ Administrator OP

It does. Make sure your device is named if you are doing it by machine.

29. MegaRockEXE

MegaRockEXE

The site is harder than ever to browse on Firefox Mobile on Android now. Trying to read nearly any page results in the page getting corrupted and even crashing the browser.

Just look at this!

And this is the only site it happens on and it's so annoying!

30. Dream

Dream

I haven't been able to reproduce this bug nor have a few other people using their phones. Does the same situation occur with another browser such Chrome? Are you using any extensions on your Android for Firefox?

31. Kaguya

Kaguya

Does hide avatars, and turn images into links options not work?!
    Edit: just read few pages above, will check that.

32. MegaRockEXE

MegaRockEXE

I can't believe it. It could actually be something to do with my Firefox configuration. I have a clean Firefox Beta install and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem there, nor on any other browser. I have no extensions enabled either and it still happens on my regular Firefox Mobile seemingly at random. What could it be then if this is the only site that causes it?

33. Dream

Dream

I'm leaning towards an unholy cache issue. I do recall the site briefly being messed up, fairly recently, after a Cloudflare error so its possible that your cache contains some stuff from there. I recommend clearing the cache and seeing if that helps.

34. IBetUHav

IBetUHav

On iOS here. Is there any way to go back after clicking into a thread without it reloading the the list of threads on the main page?

35. MirageDwarf

MirageDwarf

Having strange issue lately on new machine: You know how when you bring your cursor over thread title area, it shows links to last 4-5 pages of the thread...well, it doesn't show any for me.

I have checked in multiple browsers without any added extensions or anything else. Same issue. Browsing is annoying now that there is no way for me to go directly to latest pages in any threads. Instead have to click on go to last post link, then click again on link to specific page.

Any idea/suggestion what is going on?

36. Dream

Dream

Is it in a specific skin or does it exist in both Day and Night? Can you take a screenshot of the behavior?

37. MirageDwarf

MirageDwarf

Here is screenshot:

[​IMG]

I couldn't include cursor in the picture but position of the cursor is on first thread - "Destiny 2: Forsaken |OT|..."

As you can see, it doesn't show links to last few pages of that thread. I'm using default theme for now. Same problem with Night theme too. OS is latest Windows 10 and browser is MS Edge.

Since you asked, I also tried legacy light era theme and looks like that works. Yay!

38. Trying to find a mod list or a thread to talk to a mod. Looking for Sylevn or Sylvan or Slyven or something along those lines. Message me.

39. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

Slayven ?

40. MegaRockEXE

MegaRockEXE

It lowered the frequency of the page bugging out, but it's not completely gone. Clicking the refresh button in the sticky nav is the riskiest and most likely to cause it. It doesn't seem to happen in other browsers either.

41. Kamek

Kamek

Just got a redirect from Google saying I'm giving too much traffic to resetera like I'm trying to ddos it ? What gives?

42. Dream

Dream

Hmm. I'll need to do some further testing since I'm not able to replicate it.

If you are up for it I would recommend a complete uninstall and reinstall of the browser. There is the slightest chance that something with that specific browser is conflicting with the css/code on ERA but something about your browser is likely at fault and a reinstall should fix everything or reveal that it might just be the site.

One of the servers had an issue. Nothing to be concerned about.

43. Kamek

Kamek

Not quite sure why this happens, but I have ERA whitelisted on adblock, so I don't think this is the problem - but I can't see page numbers after the thread titles in the main forum on my Windows laptop running Chrome. On my work Macbook, even with or without adblock enabled, they show up. Any reason this could be?