ResetEra 1.5 Bug Report Thread:

Oct 25, 2017
I just tried using Opera on my Android with it's ad blocker enabled, and I haven't gotten a single stall in 20 minutes.

So it's most likely ad related.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm unable to change my avatar on chrome on desktop. It says the file size is too large and I should pick something <50kb, but the file itself is an 31kb png with dimensions 250x200.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh that would make sense. I can’t even tell what ad it would be since it never loads lol.
At first I thought it was my work internet doing it, but it started happening at home too

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a bug, but it's honestly somewhat of an oversight that you can't search which threads a member has made.

Oct 25, 2017
Western New York
Anyone having issues with the site loading painfully slow every 10 minutes or so?

Like, it'll work fine for a bit, but then next refresh it just stalls for about a minute before loading the page.

I've had this issue across different computers, different routers and different browsers. Chrome on Mac, Safari on an iPhone, Safari on an iPad and Firefox on Windows 7. All hang when loading every so often.

This started yesterday afternoon around 11EST. I'm on LightERA (Legacy) if that matters?

I have ad block on the Firefox on Windows 7, still hangs. And I shouldn't even be getting any ad loading because I subscribe.

Network traffic says it's
https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.4.0/css/font-awesome.min.css
and
https://cdn.intergi.com/hera/tyche.js

font-awesome.min.css is taking 1 minute and 2 seconds to load
tyche.js takes 23 seconds to load

These are the files that are causing my browser to hang.

On a "normal" load, where everything is fine, these two files take about 20ms to load. Sometimes the browser loads them from cache and everything is fine. For some reason, other times it doesn't and I have to wait almost 2 minutes to load the page.

Edit: Changing to DayERA didn't fit the issue, it still hangs on load whenever it needs to load those two files.

Edit 2: If I just block those two files from being requested, it "fixes" the long loading times, although it does break a few minor things (obviously, since some icons use that font). But at least the site is useable again. It's annoying I have to keep dev tools open... but whatever, at least I can use Era.

Edit 3: Surfing Era without icons is like Era:Hard Mode lol. No new post notifications or anything, this is old school forum browsing.

Edit 4: I unblocked font-awesome because surfing the site without icons was too annoying and I haven't had any problems in awhile. Re-enabling tyche.js caused issues again, so I think it's related to that file, whatever it does.

Please fix this, it's very, very annoying.
Whatever this issue was, I don't appear to be having it anymore. Been loading fine since this morning without the need to block any scripts.

Oct 27, 2017
My PSN name has an underscore and some hyphens in it. I cannot enter it into my contact details, unsupported format. I guess it doesn't like one or both of those special characters.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know where to ask this, but can somebody please inform me of how to upload pictures on here?

I've used imgur in the past, but the site has changed now and I can't seem to find the option anymore to copy and paste the correct embedded link.

There's probably a really easy solution I'm missing.

less

Oct 25, 2017
NightERA still zooms in automatically whenever I hit the reply box. Safari iPhone
Fixed now though let me know if any unintended consequences showed up.

Hiding avatars doesn't work
Make sure that you have named your device if the option you selected is By Machines instead of All The Time.

I don't know where to ask this, but can somebody please inform me of how to upload pictures on here?

I've used imgur in the past, but the site has changed now and I can't seem to find the option anymore to copy and paste the correct embedded link.

There's probably a really easy solution I'm missing.
On the reply/quick reply box should still see the various icons for formatting/media options right? If yes, do you see the "plus" sign? The one for hotlinking images is the second icon to the left of the "plus" sign. And you can type out the bbcode:

[*img]url[*/img]

Just make sure to remove the asterisk before both "img" bits and replace the url with the one for the image.

Oct 29, 2017
The site is harder than ever to browse on Firefox Mobile on Android now. Trying to read nearly any page results in the page getting corrupted and even crashing the browser.

Just look at this!

And this is the only site it happens on and it's so annoying!

Oct 25, 2017
The site is harder than ever to browse on Firefox Mobile on Android now. Trying to read nearly any page results in the page getting corrupted and even crashing the browser.

Just look at this!

And this is the only site it happens on and it's so annoying!
I haven't been able to reproduce this bug nor have a few other people using their phones. Does the same situation occur with another browser such Chrome? Are you using any extensions on your Android for Firefox?

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't been able to reproduce this bug nor have a few other people using their phones. Does the same situation occur with another browser such Chrome? Are you using any extensions on your Android for Firefox?
I can't believe it. It could actually be something to do with my Firefox configuration. I have a clean Firefox Beta install and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem there, nor on any other browser. I have no extensions enabled either and it still happens on my regular Firefox Mobile seemingly at random. What could it be then if this is the only site that causes it?

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe it. It could actually be something to do with my Firefox configuration. I have a clean Firefox Beta install and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem there, nor on any other browser. I have no extensions enabled either and it still happens on my regular Firefox Mobile seemingly at random. What could it be then if this is the only site that causes it?
I'm leaning towards an unholy cache issue. I do recall the site briefly being messed up, fairly recently, after a Cloudflare error so its possible that your cache contains some stuff from there. I recommend clearing the cache and seeing if that helps.

Oct 27, 2017
On iOS here. Is there any way to go back after clicking into a thread without it reloading the the list of threads on the main page?

Oct 28, 2017
Having strange issue lately on new machine: You know how when you bring your cursor over thread title area, it shows links to last 4-5 pages of the thread...well, it doesn't show any for me.

I have checked in multiple browsers without any added extensions or anything else. Same issue. Browsing is annoying now that there is no way for me to go directly to latest pages in any threads. Instead have to click on go to last post link, then click again on link to specific page.

Any idea/suggestion what is going on?

Oct 25, 2017
Having strange issue lately on new machine: You know how when you bring your cursor over thread title area, it shows links to last 4-5 pages of the thread...well, it doesn't show any for me.

I have checked in multiple browsers without any added extensions or anything else. Same issue. Browsing is annoying now that there is no way for me to go directly to latest pages in any threads. Instead have to click on go to last post link, then click again on link to specific page.

Any idea/suggestion what is going on?
Is it in a specific skin or does it exist in both Day and Night? Can you take a screenshot of the behavior?

Oct 28, 2017
Is it in a specific skin or does it exist in both Day and Night? Can you take a screenshot of the behavior?
Here is screenshot:

I couldn't include cursor in the picture but position of the cursor is on first thread - "Destiny 2: Forsaken |OT|..."

As you can see, it doesn't show links to last few pages of that thread. I'm using default theme for now. Same problem with Night theme too. OS is latest Windows 10 and browser is MS Edge.

Since you asked, I also tried legacy light era theme and looks like that works. Yay!

Oct 29, 2017
I'm leaning towards an unholy cache issue. I do recall the site briefly being messed up, fairly recently, after a Cloudflare error so its possible that your cache contains some stuff from there. I recommend clearing the cache and seeing if that helps.
It lowered the frequency of the page bugging out, but it's not completely gone. Clicking the refresh button in the sticky nav is the riskiest and most likely to cause it. It doesn't seem to happen in other browsers either.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a redirect from Google saying I'm giving too much traffic to resetera like I'm trying to ddos it ? What gives?

Oct 25, 2017
Here is screenshot:
I couldn't include cursor in the picture but position of the cursor is on first thread - "Destiny 2: Forsaken |OT|..."

As you can see, it doesn't show links to last few pages of that thread. I'm using default theme for now. Same problem with Night theme too. OS is latest Windows 10 and browser is MS Edge.

Since you asked, I also tried legacy light era theme and looks like that works. Yay!
Hmm. I'll need to do some further testing since I'm not able to replicate it.

It lowered the frequency of the page bugging out, but it's not completely gone. Clicking the refresh button in the sticky nav is the riskiest and most likely to cause it. It doesn't seem to happen in other browsers either.
If you are up for it I would recommend a complete uninstall and reinstall of the browser. There is the slightest chance that something with that specific browser is conflicting with the css/code on ERA but something about your browser is likely at fault and a reinstall should fix everything or reveal that it might just be the site.

Just got a redirect from Google saying I'm giving too much traffic to resetera like I'm trying to ddos it ? What gives?
One of the servers had an issue. Nothing to be concerned about.

Oct 27, 2017
Not quite sure why this happens, but I have ERA whitelisted on adblock, so I don't think this is the problem - but I can't see page numbers after the thread titles in the main forum on my Windows laptop running Chrome. On my work Macbook, even with or without adblock enabled, they show up. Any reason this could be?

Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
Having issues with replies recently on Safari. It won’t go to the end of the quoted message, so I can reply it, stays at the top and unless I do some weird enter and space to slowly move downwards, nothing works. I’ve disabled content blockers and everything.

Resorted to using Chrome when replying most times now. No idea what the issue, it’s very recent.

Oct 25, 2017
Not quite sure why this happens, but I have ERA whitelisted on adblock, so I don't think this is the problem - but I can't see page numbers after the thread titles in the main forum on my Windows laptop running Chrome. On my work Macbook, even with or without adblock enabled, they show up. Any reason this could be?
Second person that I've seen with this issue. Hard to say since I have so little data to work with and I am having trouble finding ways to replicate it as are a few other people I've asked. Is your Windows laptop a touch screen laptop?

Having issues with replies recently on Safari. It won’t go to the end of the quoted message, so I can reply it, stays at the top and unless I do some weird enter and space to slowly move downwards, nothing works. I’ve disabled content blockers and everything.

Resorted to using Chrome when replying most times now. No idea what the issue, it’s very recent.

Does the issue still persist? If yes, in what skins does this issue occur? Light/Dark/Day/Night? How long ago did it start occurring?

Oct 27, 2017
Second person that I've seen with this issue. Hard to say since I have so little data to work with and I am having trouble finding ways to replicate it as are a few other people I've asked. Is your Windows laptop a touch screen laptop?
It is a touch screen laptop, and it's extremely annoying that this happens. Not sure why it's happening. Even opening up Edge browser, and not Chrome, gives me the same issue.

Oct 25, 2017
It is a touch screen laptop, and it's extremely annoying that this happens. Not sure why it's happening. Even opening up Edge browser, and not Chrome, gives me the same issue.
We're had some bugs with touch screen laptops before so we'll try exploring if it is indeed the touch screen aspect that is behind this issue. Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
England m8.

Does the issue still persist? If yes, in what skins does this issue occur? Light/Dark/Day/Night? How long ago did it start occurring?
I’ve only used Dark mode since it’s release and this issue has only cropped up in the last 2 months I’m not fully sure, it’s just isn’t formatting the reply box correctly. It works fine on other browsers on mobile such as chrome. No idea if I changed something in settings.

I thought with iOS 12 it would change but it’s still the same.

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to upload an avatar and it low qualitied the crap out of it. Every other time I tried to reload it it did the 'processing' thing then didn't change anything except that it said 'no file selected'. If you clicked okay, the button clicked but nothing happened. Thought it might have been because the filename had spaces and dashes, but no dice. I tried to upload a JPG and PNG version - the JPG took but became very low quality, and the PNG refused to upload.

What's the criteria for uploading a sharp-quality avatar?