1. MirageDwarf

MirageDwarf

That might be the issue. My laptop is also Windows touch screen. It looks like default theme is identifying it as a mobile device because you get same interface as mobile but with larger width. As I mentioned before, classic theme works.

2. Dream

Dream

Thank you! That definitely reveals the issue. Going to discuss this with the rest of the team to see how we want to tackle this.

3. Post text is weirdly large on iPhone XS Max in landscape:

4. Shyotl

Shyotl

Not quite a bug, but would it be possible for resetera to host bootstrap themselves? Sometimes the third party host takes ages to load.

5. Prattle

Prattle

Why do the thread titles vary in size . It's making my eyes go weird.

6. Dream

Dream

Day/Night? Unread threads are bolded while read threads aren't. This is to make it more clear what have new replies.

7. GiantBreadbug

GiantBreadbug

I'm not sure if this is a bug, per se, but:

Problem when on mobile (NightEra, iPhone 6, Google Chrome, phone firmware and browser fully updated). This occurred even before 1.5, but often when I click a link that takes me away from Era, then reopen the Era tab, the page force scrolls up to the top. I have image thumbnails turned off since I sometimes browse at work and clicking image links are the most frequent culprits. It also happens when navigating away from the Era tab on my own. It could very well be a strange quirk of the iPhone 6 I suppose, but it is frustrating to have to quickly scroll back down to the post I was viewing when it happens.

8. pontius

pontius

My reply box has disappeared in Chrome:
    [​IMG]

I can get it back if I use incognito mode or Firefox, but Chrome refuses to display it for some reason. I've tried disabling all extensions and deleting all restera's cookies but still no dice.

Any suggestions?

Edit:
    Inspect source for working reply box:
    [​IMG]

And when it doesn't appear:
    [​IMG]

9. Dream

Dream

I'll see about getting others to test this as it doesn't cause an issue for me at all.

Looks very much like you blocked the entire .redactor_box part. What extensions do you use? Some kind of blocker? Make sure to check your custom filter rules.

10. BDS

BDS

I'm having issues where embedded tweets aren't loading. I've heard this is a widespread issue that may not be ERA-specific, but this is the only place I've seen it happening.

11. Dream

Dream

It should be a conflict with your specific content blocker + browser. Go to your content blockers filters and delete everything that mentions a tweet for now to resolve the issue or wait for an update to fix it automatically and/or use a different browser + content blocker that won't have this issue. Let me know if you don't use any content blocker.

12. BDS

BDS

I did have something regarding tweets in my uBlock Origin file which I added the last time this problem happened earlier this year. I deleted that line but the problem is still happening.

13. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

Like some members said earlier, it seems there is a problem with embed tweets, sometimes they load and sometimes they don't even load.

But if I refresh the page many times when tweets don't load, they might finally load and appear.

So, I think the problem with the tweets that don't load is related to the ads that we get in that page, sometimes the tweets load and sometimes tweets don't load because of the ads that we get are changing.

14. deltaplus

deltaplus
    Administrator

The embedded tweets issue is related to Twitter and certain adblock lists. You may have a social media blocklist causing it.

15. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

I don't even use adblock.

16. BDS

BDS

I don't have a social media blocklist and tweets load fine elsewhere on the internet.

17. pontius

pontius

FYI it wasn't an extension (I disabled all of them and it still wouldn't appear). I fixed it by completely wiping my browser data, which might point towards a GDPR privacy cookie..

18. MirageDwarf

MirageDwarf

19. Dream

Dream

Going to try testing a fix right now and see if it works and doesn't cause other potential issues. If it works well, we'll implement it here.

20. MirageDwarf

MirageDwarf

Awesome! Thanks.

21. SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

I often make posts with a lot of links and formatting, but I find that when I get around to posting, a lot of this formatting is removed. However, I can then back into my post-writing page, copy the formatted text, and then paste it into an edit for the post, and the formatting appears fine when I complete the edit. This shows that the formatting is removed when actually posting.

22. SeroTyler

SeroTyler

I have Era white listed and everything but tweets just stopped working in the past week or so.

23. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

It seems that I stopped having problems with those tweets not loading.

I have to say that I have changed absolutely nothing on my side, so I really don't know if ResetEra has done something to fix it.