1. less

less

Thanks. I’ll look into it tomorrow after work.

2. kyo2004

kyo2004

Don't know if is a site issue or an ad-issue, but since last Monday, the site it's almost inaccessible (so, so slow to load any page of the site) from my mobile connection. The only way to access is disabling JavaScript from Chrome to access without problem.

Using Chrome (Android N) on a Moto G4+.

3. It’s impossible for me to select text on iOS 12. It’s either you select all the text, a single word or nothing. No way to select a paragraph at the moment.

Another thing is the inconsistency when opening a thread. If I click on the name of a thread, it will take me to a random page, not the first or last one. And if I click on the “last reply” button sometimes it will take me to the last reply, sometimes won’t.

I’m using Night Era btw

4. less

less

Is this still an issue for you?

You are talking about the text box when talking about selecting text right? If yes, then I too have noticed this issue on the new iOS. Unfortunately, this appears to be an issue with Xenforo 1.x software in general + iOS 12 in general since I've seen a few other Xenforo forums also experience this issue. The bad news is that I don't think that there is much we can do except replace the current text editor with another one but that isn't happening at this stage. The good news is that I haven't seen this issue with the our 2.0 update! I don't know the exact ETA on that but the curtains on that should be pulled back in the near future.

Regarding the opening a thread inconsistency, in Day and NightEra themes, clicking thread titles will take users to the post after the last post you read/saw. So if you read post #134 and left the thread...clicking on the thread title for that thread will take you to right where you left off. As for last reply button, that is strange.

5. kyo2004

kyo2004

Don't know at the moment because I'm using the home connection (works as it should with JS enabled)... I only use mobile data on work and can't do tests until Tuesday. As soon as I can test this week, I'll report it if the slowdown continues...

6. lazybones18

lazybones18

Don't know what's going on but it looks like the site is having trouble refreshing posts or something (not showing updated posts). Might just be on my end idk

edit: looks like everything is fixed now. probably just a hiccup

7. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

That box seems to be back.

8. less

less

What skin and how often does it occur?

9. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

I'm using LightEra (Legacy), but it's doing it with every theme after testing all 4 of them.

It was fixed last week, but it looks like it came back tonight. I don't remember seeing it this weekend or earlier today.

10. less

less

It was disabled while we worked on the fixes. It was fixed...but I accidentally uploaded an old version, should be fine now but let me know if you see it.

11. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

I don't know what to say, it was fixed like 30 minutes ago and now it's back again.

12. less

less

It was taken disabled temporarily.

What browser are you using? Also, try clearing your cache. Can you check with another one?

13. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

IE11, I tried the incognito mode (so no cache at all) and it is still there.

But what is that box?

14. DrArchon

DrArchon

This seems to be happening around 10pm EST almost every day for a while now.

I don't know what it is, but it's annoying.

15. less

less

Check with Firefox and Chrome if you can.

The box is just a random (apparently) element that pops up with the new Consent Management Platform for GDPR compliance. I've used CSS to hide it so it shouldn't be appearing since I've tested it with Chrome and Firefox. On macOS so I don't have access to IE at the moment.

16. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

Tried Edge and it doesn't seem to appear.

Weird that the box appear with IE.

17. less

less

The css meant to disable it doesn't work on IE11. I can probably find a workaround but that won't be until later, likely the weekend, when I reinstall Windows and use IE11.

18. Chitown B

Chitown B

wtf is this cloudflare DDoS protection that I'm seeing? Scanning my browser?

19. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

I had that too.

Maybe the board is getting DDoS, because it is really slow over here.

20. Noppie

Noppie

What's up with the Cloudfare?

21. mooshie78

mooshie78

I got that last night too. Probably some people from Alt Right sites DDoSing Era during the election returns. The threads weren't nearly active enough to cause the crashes and slowness I was getting given how well it's performed during E3 and what not when there was way more activity.

22. Blackpuppy

Blackpuppy

Is there a reason why Twitter links are cut off on the right side of the page? I have to go into landscape mode to read them.

iPhone SE
    Latest updates.
    Safari browser

23. Tunesmith

Tunesmith

Same here. iPhone XS, iOS 12.1

Twitter embeds are displayed as if landscape scale but in portrait form so only half of the content is visible.

Edit: maybe related to the apparent Twitter ban of ResetEra links in tweets.

24. SpottieO

SpottieO

Yes I am having the same problem also, started today.

25. Lesath

Lesath

For some reason my university ISP isn’t allowing me to connect to ERA. At least my 4G works.

EDIT: Resolved; ERA is no longer blocked.

26. leder

leder

Hiding avatars is broken on mobile (safari)

27. Wraith

Wraith

Same here. (Not university isp but still.) Getting the error:

28. DrDamn

DrDamn

Same here too. Think it is also related to Twitter filtering links to Resetera. As a site it seems to have been flagged as harmful/malicious for some reason. Is someone working to address getting this fixed?

29. StrykerIsland

StrykerIsland

Has anyone reported the bug on iPhone whereby when quoting posts the cursor refuses to scroll down past the quoted text to actually post a reply? It’s quite frustrating!

30. kirbyfan407

kirbyfan407

I noticed this in the last 24 hours: on my phone, I'm seeing avatars and images in threads, despite opting to not load these in my preferences menu. I confirmed I have the preferences still selected, so it seems like the options are currently broken.

I'm on an Android phone using Chrome. If it matters, I use the night theme.

31. less

less

Can you check to see if you have selected "By Machine" or "All the time" in preferences? If "By Machine" name your device even if you have already done so before.

I'll look into this.

32. leder

leder

Thanks, that worked.

33. kirbyfan407

kirbyfan407

That worked for me, too. Thanks!

34. georaldc

georaldc

Anyone know why I keep having touch issues with my iphone? I only use Chrome so I’m not sure if Safari is affected but a lot of times, I just can’t seem to tap on links here in resetera. Also if I switch to landscape or go back to portait mode, the page always scrolls/jumps back to a random dpot near the top.

35. Hey, what's up with twitter embeds? It says they can't be displayed until I disable ad blocking and tracking extensions on my browser - I already have resetera whitelisted, so I removed the extensions altogether and found it was my VPN (Nord) causing the problem. Only, it just started this week and twitter embeds still work on every other site, except this one. What gives? Don't particularly want to have to switch off my VPN every time I come here.

36. no1

no1

Alright so I've been consistently getting fake notifications for posts that I've never commented on and they always say someone quoted my post. But they haven't and it's been someone else entirely.

37. Net_Wrecker

Net_Wrecker

38. Articalys

Articalys

Seconding this. Would really like to hear from one of the site engineers what's going on.