• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

ResetEra 2.0 New Features Guide

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an option to turn off people’s avatar on the front page? It looks really cluttered now.
Not just that, but I feel like I need someone to explain what purpose it serves. It usually doesn’t matter who made a thread, the only way I can see it as useful is to avoid certain people’s threads, but even that feels useless and negative. Is it just an ego booster or something?

Sep 16, 2018
Any chance of getting the "like" button enabled?

I loathe upvotes/downvotes and don't like dislike buttons either. But having just a like button (like the site that shall not be named here has now) is kind of nice. It cuts down on the quote replies of "This!" or "Agreed!" While not having the stifling of conversation effect that downvotes/dislikes can have, or the fishing for attention that Reddit style upvoting has.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
While I previously found the Banners at top kinda annoying. I have now changed my mind. Seeing it actually being used as a banner in a Thread such as Pokemon Go (even better since it's my thread) makes it really look great. I think it was just that generic background that didn't look as nice. Maybe when no image applied, have the banner be smaller?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pokémon-go-ot-tap-those-mons.1237/

Oct 30, 2017
Australia
Truth be told this wasn't actually tested was it? Why insist on adding so many features and trying to make it UI rich when it's just a forum? I feel like ERA updates are just being done for the sake of being done and your going to kill your user base this way if you don't stop. Just stop adding crap everywhere to fill the screen, hell even GAF looks prettier in their re-do and they still offer classic styles.

Get your shit together and actually test things properly. This is Fallout 76 for websites.

BronsonLee

Don't worry I'm on the case
Oct 24, 2017
Is there a quick and easy way to make that sidebar disappear?

Edited to add: is there an easy way to jump to the top of the page when you are on the bottom of a page?
Sidebars:

Click three line icon on top left to hide left one
Click : Sidebar on top right to hide right one

Scroll Jump buttons are enabled in preferences by the user

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Avatars on the thread list is legit one of the worst things about the update. Forums needs to be clean sleek and easy to read. Clutter is bad.

Inside threads is good. But the thread list feels really bad to shift through atm. User avatars on the thread list gives us needless information. Thread creator name is already there.

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't mind having the page number button links back on the thread list page. I always preferred having (123...12) beside the thread URL link. Hopefully the team considers the option.

Oct 28, 2017
There were some bumps, but that's deploying pretty much anything for you lol...

I like the new design, and the "ignore thread" button will come in handy for those OTs I don't care about. And let the international community ignore our Canadian "Deals" thread.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway to make the forum remember you don't want the side menu open? Gotta close it on each visit. Also, is there a setting to disable thread banners?
Yep, I had the same question. It was easy enough to figure out how to close them, but they never remain closed for the next visit. It's not hard to close them each time, but it is rather annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
After some time with it I can honestly say I prefer pre-update reset. Not that the current layout is bad, it's just that there isn't any changes I like better. It was easier to tell who was OP before, it was easier to access alerts and your profile before, you didn't have an annoying side bar that keeps popping up even after you close it, it was easier to navigate between sides of the forum and avatars didn't take up as much space.

It IS better for mobile, though...

Truth be told this wasn't actually tested was it? Why insist on adding so many features and trying to make it UI rich when it's just a forum? I feel like ERA updates are just being done for the sake of being done and your going to kill your user base this way if you don't stop. Just stop adding crap everywhere to fill the screen, hell even GAF looks prettier in their re-do and they still offer classic styles.

Get your shit together and actually test things properly. This is Fallout 76 for websites.
They actually did hold a beta test period, and you're being pretty damn hyperbolic.

I wouldn't mind having the page number button links back on the thread list page. I always preferred having (123...12) beside the thread URL link. Hopefully the team considers the option.
They're actually still there, but they're hard to spot in the new dark theme.

Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Where is the search function now?.
At the top of the page, but it seems to be broken or set up strangely.

On desktop, searching will, by default, show you "relevant" posts first instead of most recent. So it may show something from 7 months ago instead of 10 minutes ago. You have to click "advanced search" to change it to Sort by Date.

On mobile though, you click the magnifying glass at the top, then click the gear icon, then select "advanced".

Mar 5, 2018
Could you please re-introduce some features you removed?

Before on mobile you had 4 symbols that directly took you to Video Games/Hangouts and EtcetEra/Hangouts. Now these are gone and I have to open a drop down menu on the top. It's less convenient.

Also on mobile alerts are now hidden in the side bar which I have to open manually to see them, another inconvenience.

Oct 25, 2017
At the top of the page, but it seems to be broken or set up strangely.

On desktop, searching will, by default, show you "relevant" posts first instead of most recent. So it may show something from 7 months ago instead of 10 minutes ago. You have to click "advanced search" to change it to Sort by Date.

On mobile though, you click the magnifying glass at the top, then click the gear icon, then select "advanced".
Thanks, for some reason is kinda hidden for me.

Oct 28, 2017
Switzerland
This. Please. It hurts my eyes to see all those avatars next to thread titles.
Yes, there is : in the account preferences, it's called "Show Avatars in Thread List".

My turn to have a question : I'm running in 1440p and the screenspace is like completely wasted.
Half the screen is this dark grey on the sides and the content space is way too small.
Isn't it supposed to be reactive ?? Like the damn thing is bigger when I use windowed mode and reduce my Firefox window size, what's going on here??

Edit: nvm found the "stretch button" hidden at the bottom...

Edit2: on mobile this is quite bad, navigation is a pain and forces you into that sidebar thing. The screen space is also too largely utilised, on edge phones this is terrible, thread titles start on the edge and are distorted..

Last edited:
Is there a simpler way of sorting by newest thread? The default is by most recent post, and before 2.0 you could simply click on the "Start Date" heading and it would reorder all threads by the most recently started thread. Now you need to go to Filters, select "First Message" in the Sort menu, then click Save. Obviously not a huge deal, but I always like to catch up on New Threads before going back into old ones, and it used to be a 1-click Sort instead of a ~3.