• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

ResetEra 2.0 New Features Guide

Oct 29, 2017
Is there any way to disable the thread preview window?
Yes, is there a way to disable the thread preview window?
Also, is it possible to display page count for threads in the thread list? I tend to remember the page numbers instead of post numbers.

Nov 1, 2017
Hi guys! I need to ask two things:

•How do I make it so that thread creators’ names are shown? I can only find how to show their avatar sans names, or nothing at all.

•Can’t find the refresh button anymore on mobile, only the up/down buttons.

Honestly I’m sorry to say that usability has gotten way worse as far as mobile Era goes, compared to the old layout :(
I appreciate your work and the tons of new features tho, I’m just probably not the target tho (I’m an old fart surfing the web 99% via mobile/tablet browsers).

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2017
The option to disable avatars next to threads is good, but it needs some padding on the left side when enabled. The text is way too close to the edge of the screen that way.

i-Lo

Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Any word on when we might expect disabling images loading with [*img] tags? Presumably I am not the only one who has had to stop browsing Era on mobile when without WiFi and without opulent data cap on 4G.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any progress on replacing the quick jump menu?

Just put the shortcuts in the already annoying top bar that follows you all the way up and down the page constantly.

Oct 25, 2017
I've searched this thread and the site, but don't seem to see this available:

Is there a way to permanently toggle the width setting to wide? Every time I load up the site, closing the side bar and scrolling to the bottom of the page to expand is annoying. I'd love to make it default to wide.

Or maybe just move the button to the top of the screen instead of the bottom?

Nov 19, 2017
When scrolling to the bottom of the page the side bar stays above at some point, which means we have to scroll back up to switch between Video Games and EtcetEra. Please change this so that those quick links are accessible from anywhere

Oct 27, 2017
Never mind, I just realized there's a setting under user preferences. It works well and it's much less distracting than the old hovering buttons.

I'm absolutely floored by the quality of this update. Everything is vastly improved and the theme is best of two worlds.

Well done.

The only thing I'm missing are shortcuts to jump to the top/bottom of the page? I can live without them but I thought I'd ask.

Oct 28, 2017
I've searched this thread and the site, but don't seem to see this available:

Is there a way to permanently toggle the width setting to wide? Every time I load up the site, closing the side bar and scrolling to the bottom of the page to expand is annoying. I'd love to make it default to wide.

Or maybe just move the button to the top of the screen instead of the bottom?
came to this thread looking for this option as well. super annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
I assume this is height x width?
Before I start tinkering with working on my cover, I wanted to be 100% certain: 600 x 1000 is the Height x Width constraints of cover images and not Width x Height?

Never mind, once the upload dialog box comes up it says 1000x600, which makes more sense. Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the area that the cover image can be placed inside, though?

Also, selecting Cover > Choose cover preset > none does not revert the cover image to its original state, before any image was uploaded.

Last edited:

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably asked a thousand times, pardon me, how do I get rid of the shortcut stuff on the left on a computer, it slides away when I hit the 3 vertical line button but immediately comes back.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the area that the cover image can be placed inside, though?
1202 x 93 (WxH), it appears. The corners are rounded, though, keep that in mind.

EDIT
It is impossible to upload a cover image created with the exact dimensions. I get an error stating that a minimum image size of 350x150 must be uploaded.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Probably asked a thousand times, pardon me, how do I get rid of the shortcut stuff on the left on a computer, it slides away when I hit the 3 vertical line button but immediately comes back.
What browser and OS are you using? I am running Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 and the sidebar stays minimized.

I am unable to minimize the shortcut area on the left at all on Firefox in Windows 10.

Oct 25, 2017
There really should be an option in the preferences to hide images or embed videos/tweets. Some of us are limited in our data plans for smartphones and having this option would really help us not reach our monthly cap too quickly.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What browser and OS are you using? I am running Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 and the sidebar stays minimized.

I am unable to minimize the shortcut area on the left at all on Firefox in Windows 10.
Win 8.1, firefox. Firefox problem then perhaps, it's driving me mad.

Mobile isnt great either, the new page jump system is bad. The whole thing is bad if im honest.

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand why I can't disable avatars inside of threads and hide images by default. Killing my mobile data...

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Is there anyway to permanently disable the tab on the left? I've been clicking the button with 3 lines of get rid of it, but the tab keeps on coming back after I leave the site.

Also, I still hate the feature which highlights the box around the thread titles, when you mouseover near them. I feel like I'm being forced to keep my mouse on the far left when I'm scrolling through the threads list, because that's the only way to prevent highlighting.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Oct 25, 2017
So after I save a post as a draft, how do I open it again later? I can't seem to find where to open a post I saved as a draft.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I've turned on the arrows to go to top and bottom.

Tbh, I'd rather have just a top/bottom command instead of floating arrows.

Also, the bottom arrow really reinforces how much wasted space there is at the bottom of the page. It either shouldn't take me to that big purple chunk or that big purple chunk shouldn't be there at all, preferably the latter.

Dec 10, 2017
I find it very annoying when trying to close an image I've opened on mobile. My instinct is to press the back button on the phone, which just brings the browser back to the next page. This is of course annoying, so I click forward to go back into it, upon which it brings up the image again... I'm ashamed to say that I've been caught out more than once clicking back, forward and then instinctively clicking back again!

Is it possible to change the back function on mobile if an image is open? I'm getting used to the fact that I can't just click back to close them as I always do on other sites, but slowly.

Also, I think the floating arrows should only appear when you're scrolling.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible for the edit button to be brought out if the extra drop down menu on mobile? I feel that drop down should be where the threadmark and other less common actions should lie instead.

1202 x 93 (WxH), it appears. The corners are rounded, though, keep that in mind.

EDIT
It is impossible to upload a cover image created with the exact dimensions. I get an error stating that a minimum image size of 350x150 must be uploaded.
They're only that thin on large desktop windows. They are taller on mobile, or if you size a desktop window to mobile-like proportions.

As a result your uploaded image needs to cover both size profiles, but the cover editor lets you specify the vertical viewport.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Is it possible to implement ignore threads by keywords on title?
For example I type "Astrobot" on some formulary and ignore all threads old or new created with this word on the title.

Oct 29, 2017
Europe
I've asked again but no one seemed to bother.

Is there a way to access the forum settings on mobile? I can't find the option on the sidebar while it does seem to be there on the desktop version.

Nov 2, 2017
They have an option for that now, Show Scroll Jump Buttons in Settings.
Okay so I've turned on the arrows to go to top and bottom.

Tbh, I'd rather have just a top/bottom command instead of floating arrows.

Also, the bottom arrow really reinforces how much wasted space there is at the bottom of the page. It either shouldn't take me to that big purple chunk or that big purple chunk shouldn't be there at all, preferably the latter.
OMG I need this option, but also THIS:
I've asked again but no one seemed to bother.

Is there a way to access the forum settings on mobile? I can't find the option on the sidebar while it does seem to be there on the desktop version.
I'm on mobile and want the up/down arrows back, do I HAVE to access the page from a desktop PC to change this??

Oct 27, 2017
OMG I need this option, but also THIS:

I'm on mobile and want the up/down arrows back, do I HAVE to access the page from a desktop PC to change this??
You go to the three stripes top left, you select the littledude icon at the top and find preferences there.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
  • Clicking a thread title should take me to the first page of it, not to the first "new" post I missed
Is this a bug or is this intended functionality? I would love to disable it but don't see anything in settings. I feel like the first iterations of the previous version had this and then it went away or there was a setting that I changed (I forget)?

Unrelated to that, I am on an iPhone 5 and I really struggle with the new site. Those giant alerts (the ones with the Xs) at the top are a pain and just interacting with the site is tougher now, I feel.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Drafts seem to be for the lifespan of the page only, which is pretty useless. I want to type out my wiiware collection at a relaxed pace for a thread I need to make, and if I need to shut off my phone for whatever reason it'll be gone... I think.

Oct 25, 2017
Red Grave City
Is this a bug or is this intended functionality? I would love to disable it but don't see anything in settings. I feel like the first iterations of the previous version had this and then it went away or there was a setting that I changed (I forget)?
It's an intended feature, apparently a lot of people were asking for it. I don't like it. Visited a thread yesterday and it took me to some random post. Turns out the title had changed. Didn't appreciate that.

I'd be quite curious to know how many people prefer this method over the other. Tempted to make a poll.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
It's an intended feature, apparently a lot of people were asking for it. I don't like it. Visited a thread yesterday and it took me to some random post. Turns out the title had changed. Didn't appreciate that.

I'd be quite curious to know how many people prefer this method over the other. Tempted to make a poll.
That's fair that it's a requested feature, I just want to be able to disable it :)