ResetEra 2.0 New Features Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Red Grave City
Is this a bug or is this intended functionality? I would love to disable it but don't see anything in settings. I feel like the first iterations of the previous version had this and then it went away or there was a setting that I changed (I forget)?
It's an intended feature, apparently a lot of people were asking for it. I don't like it. Visited a thread yesterday and it took me to some random post. Turns out the title had changed. Didn't appreciate that.

I'd be quite curious to know how many people prefer this method over the other. Tempted to make a poll.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
It's an intended feature, apparently a lot of people were asking for it. I don't like it. Visited a thread yesterday and it took me to some random post. Turns out the title had changed. Didn't appreciate that.

I'd be quite curious to know how many people prefer this method over the other. Tempted to make a poll.
That's fair that it's a requested feature, I just want to be able to disable it :)

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Man, browsing the forum with preview windows on users and threads is like a minefield. Any plans to disable this? :/

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017

Changelog 1.3 is when the change from first unread to OP always was made. The change was reverted in the 1.5 themes.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
On mobile, can we bring back some kind of links at the bottom of the page to quick jump to Gaming or EtcetEra? I always hard scroll to the bottom when I'm done reading, to either return to current side's thread list or jump to other side's thread list.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to have a link to my post history on the left menu instead of in my profile. Also, I'd like it if it was just called my posts or something instead of your content or whatever. That makes it sound like it's my YouTube channel or something.

Virdix

Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing the refresh button at the bottom of the page?

What about the jump to the end or beginning of thread arrows?

I only ever browse on mobile so I used both of these often.

Obsolete

Nov 7, 2017
Request:
Can we add ignore buttons on the home pages? So you can ignore a thread without having to open the thread.

Aquova

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm not sure if this is the proper place to request a feature, but would it be possible to implement Markdown syntax for posts? Things like *doing this for italics*, **bold**, __underline__, and ~~strikethrough~~ would be very helpful. Even though the keyboard commands are nice, I personally find it smoother to use Markdown syntax, or at least have it as an editor option.

Being able to make lists like this:
- One
- Two
- Three
Would be neat as well.

Pachimari

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I thought we would be able to save posts to a list. That would have been handy. Is this something the team will look into adding later down the road?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of the new features are nice. You guys worked fast.

An aside, ResetEra showed up in my Google News feed. That never happened for a forum before.

Marble

Nov 27, 2017
I would like to see an Unwatch button on the main form page. The situation now is you have to open each individual thread to Unwatch (or open your Watched list). The purple eye could very well function this way.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Was there a post bookmark feature added, or was I imagining that?

If so, how do you favorite/bookmark posts?

Solid

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there could exist a feature that blocks all threads except for those threads which we've manually added to an exceptions list.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there could exist a feature that blocks all threads except for those threads which we've manually added to an exceptions list.
I mean, if you police yourself into only using the Watched Threads list and nothing else you effectively have that already, but then you're just sinking yourself into an echo chamber of your own making. What's the point?

Solid

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if you police yourself into only using the Watched Threads list and nothing else you effectively have that already, but then you're just sinking yourself into an echo chamber of your own making. What's the point?
I'm just thinking I'd like to avoid GOTY discussion this year, but the aftershocks of those discussions always find their way into other threads, so my options are - abstain from the forum for the next two months, or find a way to limit myself to the One Piece OT and the OT threads for the games that I play.
Your Watched Threads idea is what I'm going to go with, so thanks for that.

SuperRaddy

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
On desktop why do we need the "Quick Jump" menu when we have all the menus on the left hand side ?

Seems like to me this is not needed on desktop at all ?

Sou Da

Oct 25, 2017
So are y'all ever going to restore the buttons to how they were because having a drop down for everything sucks and then keeping the side menu open still has me opening a drop down menu for one fucking item, which feels like a cruel joke.

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
So are y'all ever going to restore the buttons to how they were because having a drop down for everything sucks and then keeping the side menu open still has me opening a drop down menu for one fucking item, which feels like a cruel joke.
Yeah going to Hangouts is a pain now. Either have to use Quick Jump (ironic name lol) or keep the left side out and then click the down arrow.

Instead, before all i had to do was click on Hangouts from the top. We went from 1 click to 2 clicks on a lot of stuff. Usability has gone down since this update. Especially on mobile without the refresh and up and down arrows. I know u can turn on arrows in preferences but they hover over the whole page when u do that and it doesn't look good. Disappointing "upgrade"

Raydonn

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to separate light/dark theme on desktop vs mobile?
I hate having to cycle between the two depending on the device I'm using.

Static_Void

Oct 30, 2018
north of the Dreamlands
I'm lacking the "Cover" button to add a banner to my profile. How come?
Is it DLC? MTX? Premium Member only? O you sweet, little rascals. ( ͡° ل͜ ͡°)

Edit: Suddenly I got the button. Now I'm one of the chosen as well!
I'm wondering the same thing since I cannot find this button anywhere. Is this feature still being tested and only available to a small subset of members? Do you need to be out of junior status?

I'm wondering the same thing since I cannot find this button anywhere. Is this feature still being tested and only available to a small subset of members? Do you need to be out of junior status?
It actually seems to be this. I realized a little later that I wasn't junior anymore (to my surprise, I wasn't expcecting it cause the numbers in the FAQ are wrong). Though I don't really understand why it is linked to the status.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Can you ignore threads from the thread list? I don't want to click on some spoiler topics, I just want to hit ignore.

Miss Piggy

Oct 27, 2017
Please could we have a quick jump to bottom of page like we did before? It was very useful for browsing on the phone.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
How do I set it so members I have on my ignore list don’t show in threads at all? Before the update if I had someone on ignore they wouldn’t show up at all which was perfect. Now I see the ignored members with a message saying ‘You are ignoring content by this member’ and asking if I want to unblock them or see the post which no offense is super annoying and redundant. Now it’s like how the ignore feature worked on the old forum which always irritated me. I’ve checked preferences and it can’t find a setting to completely hide the person like before. I understand there are some people who want to be able to see the member even if they’re ignoring them so they have the option but for me personally it’s pointles, not seeing the ignore member at all in any given thread like before made everything feel so much more neat and organized. If the setting is no longer there can it be added back in at some point?

On a more positive note the ignore thread function is amazing and overall the 2.0 upgrade is great, really appreciate all the hard work that went into it. Big thanks to all who worked on it.

Last edited:

Riversands

Nov 21, 2017
The report bug thread seems to get deleted apparently, so i dont know if this is the right thread but is it still not possible yet to embed spotify podcast link? Spotify music is fine, but not with spotify podcast

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the spoiler function still hidden away under the elipses icon? That's an old hangover from GAF that I thought would be one of the first things to be updated given how frequently it is used in posts.

Edit: Oops, and now I just saw it!

Nov 3, 2017
Is it possible to ignore a certain board if you prefer one over the other? I despise politics and political crud due to them spiking up my anxiety and on the old site it was very easy to ignore since I just went to watched threads, but now the front page flat out makes it wide open and the most recent posts can come from it too, along with it being a sidebar thing now. I'd at least think being able to hide that board for the sake of my anxiety and not see people complain all the time so I could just focus on games (along with those who don't care about VG being able to ignore that) would be a neat addition. I know on the home page you can collapse the two different groups of boards but not each of the four individually, so maybe something like that?

IDK, I just hate seeing the politics ramp up here even though I spend more time on the gaming board and the old site made ignoring that super easy since it wasn't in your face all the time and the most recent topics weren't shoved down your throat

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Am I the only one that would want quick jump and refresh at the bottom of the screen? Or under the last post in a discussion?

Impossible to reach the buttons at the top when holding your phone with one hand.

Indominus

Jan 11, 2018
Is it possible to add a more "aggressive" option to also hide the replies to an ignored member? Would solve all the "talking to himself" posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.