• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

ResetEra 2.0 New Features Guide

Nov 15, 2017
two clicks > Quick Jump, move down, Watched

This is making my experience much more shitty, even this little thing. Why moved Watched from just a link at the top? Take it out of the quick jump list and add as a button.

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one that would want quick jump and refresh at the bottom of the screen? Or under the last post in a discussion?

Impossible to reach the buttons at the top when holding your phone with one hand.
If those buttons we're just at the bottom of the screen, it would be perfect. The UX of the new layout is the opposite of what I want. Was there no way to add a refresh to the bottom of the screen with the old up, down, buttons? Or an option for a bottom sticky bar? The old layout with things at the bottom made the site perfect for mobile.

Nov 15, 2017
If those buttons we're just at the bottom of the screen, it would be perfect. The UX of the new layout is the opposite of what I want. Was there no way to add a refresh to the bottom of the screen with the old up, down, buttons? Or an option for a bottom sticky bar? The old layout with things at the bottom made the site perfect for mobile.
can you just click the three dots on Chrome and then hit reload?

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to ignore a certain board if you prefer one over the other? I despise politics and political crud due to them spiking up my anxiety and on the old site it was very easy to ignore since I just went to watched threads, but now the front page flat out makes it wide open and the most recent posts can come from it too, along with it being a sidebar thing now. I'd at least think being able to hide that board for the sake of my anxiety and not see people complain all the time so I could just focus on games (along with those who don't care about VG being able to ignore that) would be a neat addition. I know on the home page you can collapse the two different groups of boards but not each of the four individually, so maybe something like that?

IDK, I just hate seeing the politics ramp up here even though I spend more time on the gaming board and the old site made ignoring that super easy since it wasn't in your face all the time and the most recent topics weren't shoved down your throat
Yes, each board has an ignore button on the top right that makes the whole thing disappear. I think you'd be among the first to use it intentionally though; most of the time in the bug report thread people accidentally end up ignoring it and report the disappearance as a bug.

Oct 27, 2017
can you just click the three dots on Chrome and then hit reload?
You absolutely can, it would be the same as it being on the top sticky bar. The issue is, comfort and convenience wise, as others have already stated, having all this at the bottom of the screen like it used to be, is ideal for one handed viewing on mobile.

Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
Not sure where to post this, but I “added to home screen” on iOS , and while the full screen resetera experience is amazing, all browsing functionality is gone which makes it unusable in webapp mode.

As in, I can’t swipe to go back, and there are NOC forward/back shortcuts, basic buttons, etc.

Fix this and it will be a great addition to ERA though!

Nov 3, 2017
Yes, each board has an ignore button on the top right that makes the whole thing disappear. I think you'd be among the first to use it intentionally though; most of the time in the bug report thread people accidentally end up ignoring it and report the disappearance as a bug.
Oh thank goodness this made my day! It’s very easy to gloss over so I can see how accidentally clicking it would lead to some confusion, ahaha. But at least it’s a thing they thought of

Oct 28, 2017
texas
For Mobile, can the Edit button for your own posts just be displayed rather than having to tap the ellipsis and then tapping “Edit”?

There’s plenty of room and saves a tap.

Oct 27, 2017
The feature was changed so that is no longer applicable. There is currently no option to move the navigation buttons back to the bottom.
Very disappointing... I'd have the old forum in a heartbeat even with all the stuff added to this version BECAUSE of the floating main forum jump option at the bottom. As someone who constantly jump from videogame to etcera frequently, even bottom two clicks to get to main forums is annoying let alone the current layout at th top. Given more and more people are probably using mobile version, that's hugely inconvenient. /end rant

Oct 25, 2017
A weird empty space has started appearing at the top of every page on the mobile site today. Here's how it looks sitewide for me right now with no adblocking or anything else that would affect page rendering.

Oct 25, 2017
A weird empty space has started appearing at the top of every page on the mobile site today. Here's how it looks sitewide for me right now with no adblocking or anything else that would affect page rendering.
From the other thread:
Information
We have added a forced height to the desktop leaderboard ad placement so that it will no longer push content down on load.

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn’t mind seeing a thread title filtering option so we could add keywords, and not see those threads that have them. Mainly for spoilery stuff, at least for me. I could automatically ignore anything that had “Avengers” or “Endgame” or “Anthem” in the thread title, for example. Any chance of this happening?

Thanks for all the great work you all are doing!!

Oct 27, 2017
I just discovered the highlight->auto quote feature. It’s brilliant.

I’ve never had “related threads” pop up when creating a thread. I don’t feel their too unique. I thought this was among the more interesting new features and will be happy to see them eventually pop-up for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
In mobile (Android 9 using the default browser), when searching something the keyboard dissapears. So I can't write anything. I don't know if this has to do with the new verison of Android.

Edit: Sometimes it works. I'll keep testing it.

Nov 1, 2017
are there any plans for threads to fill the width of the page without the dead space on each side?
is this a question that should not be asked or mentioned?...like Voldemort's name in Harry Potter...I've asked a few times and no one answers...a simple No would be fine if there are no plans to widen the width of the threads

Oct 25, 2017
is this a question that should not be asked or mentioned?...like Voldemort's name in Harry Potter...I've asked a few times and no one answers...a simple No would be fine if there are no plans to widen the width of the threads

If that button doesn't appear, your browser window isn't wide enough to trigger it.

There's currently a known issue where the state of this and whether or not the sidebar is hidden isn't saved across sessions, but it has been stated to be a priority to make these settings stick.

Nov 1, 2017

If that button doesn't appear, your browser window isn't wide enough to trigger it.

There's currently a known issue where the state of this and whether or not the sidebar is hidden isn't saved across sessions, but it has been stated to be a priority to make these settings stick.
thanks...I never saw that icon before...it actually works perfectly...exactly what I was looking for...but as you said the setting doesn't stick and I still need to click the 3 lines next to the ResetEra icon and click that 'toggle width' icon each time I restart my browser...it works if I click the 3 lines and browse to other sites and come back to ResetEra...but if I close my browser and re-open it then it doesn't stick...I'm using Edge...hopefully this bug gets fixed soon...