• We are delighted to introduce GiftBot 2.0, the next generation of our popular gifting feature. To celebrate, we'll be giving away some incredible prizes over the coming weeks in one big Giveaway Extravaganza!

ResetEra 2.0 New Features Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archmage

Oct 25, 2017
Can page selection functionality be added to the mobile version?

Currently you can only go one page forward or to the end of a thread.

travisbickle

Oct 27, 2017
Is there plans for a “hide all gifs” option on mobile?

It was on the previous site, gifs can be a killer to data caps.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Is there any way to have a bigger font on mobile? The default one is too small and the Yandex function to zoom text doesn't work. Thanks.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say 'Thank You' for the new autosave Thread Draft feature. I've been working on a long one all week and I can't imagine how much more cumbersome it would be if I had to keep saving to a Word doc every night!

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is where I can post this but logging in and getting sent back to the home page is brutal. I really wish I could log in while looking at a thread, and then pick up right there.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a setting to allow threads from ignored users to be seen? I have a massive and growing ignore list and I don't like having threads from those people just hidden by default. Would be a lot better in my opinion if they showed up but were just dimmed out so you could choose to look at them or not. It's frustrating having someone ignored from EtcetEra and then missing a thread they made gaming side about something I'm otherwise interested in but don't care who made the OP for.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'm just being dumb, but I can't seem to find a link to show all the threads that have been created by me?

If this feature exists, shouldn't this logically be under "My content"?

brainchild

GameXplain
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Minnesota
I would like to offer a suggestion for increasing the visibility of staff communication notices at the top and bottom of the page:

Please make 'staff posts' notices visually distinct from the rest of the UI/theme design, as they are very easy to miss (I have been banned for continuing to post about a topic without noticing such a communication). I don't think many people are going to actively look for the 'staff post' notice at the top or bottom of the page because there would be no reason to do so unless the user already knew a staff communication was posted. Ideally, there should be a red alert by the 'staff post' notices so that they can catch everyone's eyes who enters or refreshes the thread whenever a new communication is posted, and I think implementing this notification system will go a long way in ensuring that more people notice staff communications the moment they're posted.

xaM

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
I understand if it's not a possibility, but the shooting in NZ made me wish that we could disable all images, videos and media uploads in certain threads. I don't trust people to be discerning about what they should and shouldn't post.

Nov 3, 2017
Ignore forum has been a super duper handy feature and I've used it since the redesign but I still notice some stuff from the Etectera part of the site ends up in the latest threads section even when I have the board ignored for the sake of blocking out political stuff. I'm curious if maybe the ignore feature could be tweaked to block out certain threads/boards from showing up on the sidebar for folks who have said parts ignored for the sake of their sanity or just because they're sick of a thread blowing up. I know the search bar can also find ignored stuff but that's not really in-your-face like the front page and the latest thread sections, so it would be a nice addition unless I'm not finding the feature already

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Hi it would be nice if the suggested search terms when you use the search bar don't pop up immediately under the bar and shove the 'search titles only' button down the page, because I absolutely keep clicking on the first suggested thing that pops up by accident when I intend to click on the 'search titles only' button

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
SoCali
The ignore thread feature is by far the best addition to the site, but why is it becoming more cumbersome to use? On Reddit, it is possible to ignore a thread without entering it, but here, not only are we required to enter the thread, it now requires an extra confirmation to ignore it. This is unnecessary added work, especially on mobile where it has to load each of these steps.

Hopefully one day we can activate the ignore thread function with our thought power alone. Until then, at least revert it back to how it originally was please.

Oct 25, 2017
Ignore forum has been a super duper handy feature and I've used it since the redesign but I still notice some stuff from the Etectera part of the site ends up in the latest threads section even when I have the board ignored for the sake of blocking out political stuff. I'm curious if maybe the ignore feature could be tweaked to block out certain threads/boards from showing up on the sidebar for folks who have said parts ignored for the sake of their sanity or just because they're sick of a thread blowing up. I know the search bar can also find ignored stuff but that's not really in-your-face like the front page and the latest thread sections, so it would be a nice addition unless I'm not finding the feature already
The ignore thread feature is by far the best addition to the site, but why is it becoming more cumbersome to use? On Reddit, it is possible to ignore a thread without entering it, but here, not only are we required to enter the thread, it now requires an extra confirmation to ignore it. This is unnecessary added work, especially on mobile where it has to load each of these steps.

Hopefully one day we can activate the ignore thread function with our thought power alone. Until then, at least revert it back to how it originally was please.
To add to all of the above, why are entire forums/subforums no longer able to be ignored? I get that people might do this by accident and panic when the whole board seems to have disappeared, but you just implemented a confirmation button. I've had all of EtcetEra on ignore since the launch of 2.0 and am profoundly annoyed that it has been forced back on me again, with no one-click recourse to make it vanish.

Please restore at least an option to auto-confirm, and also the ability to ignore boards. You might think, "Who would ever use this?" but believe me, people have perfectly good reasons to use this.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Has there been a change in the ignore semantics? I thought I had Gaming on ignore so threads from there never showed up in Latest threads. Now things seem to have changed and I can't find how to ignore the Gaming forum again.

Eorl

Oct 30, 2017
Australia
Has there been a change in the ignore semantics? I thought I had Gaming on ignore so threads from there never showed up in Latest threads. Now things seem to have changed and I can't find how to ignore the Gaming forum again.
I'll reiterate on this issue, I had etc and etc hangouts ignored however now they have become visible again and no way of actually ignoring them properly.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Nov 3, 2017
To add to all of the above, why are entire forums/subforums no longer able to be ignored? I get that people might do this by accident and panic when the whole board seems to have disappeared, but you just implemented a confirmation button. I've had all of EtcetEra on ignore since the launch of 2.0 and am profoundly annoyed that it has been forced back on me again, with no one-click recourse to make it vanish.

Please restore at least an option to auto-confirm, and also the ability to ignore boards. You might think, "Who would ever use this?" but believe me, people have perfectly good reasons to use this.
This X 1000%. Filtering out political nonsense is a good thing for many people’s anxiety and the option was super useful. Having it gone now is utterly stupid and I don’t know why it was removed but they need to bring it back pronto.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
The forum's been getting better and better. I hope that eventually I no longer have to hit a drop-down menu for these:

It's one of the biggest nuisances and I'll probably use Isocr4cy's userstyle again for that alone.

lacer

Oct 25, 2017
my Watched Threads tab is completely blank on Chrome in Win10 and Mojave :/

edit: so i signed in thru Firefox, saw "you are not subscribed to any threads" and realized that i selected the top right menu (manage watched threads) thinking that would handle the thread i checked, and didn't read the confirmation that it unsubscribed from all threads.

i'd just edit this whole thing out but i guess i should mention the "you are not subscribed to any threads" notification doesn't seem to show up in Chrome

Last edited:

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to ignore threads on keywords in thread titles?
It would be great if we could get a feature like this (a la Twitter's "muted words"). It is very tiring and disappointing to keep smashing the Ignore button on a particular thread only to have to see a similar one pop up the very next day.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
So as of recently the scroll to top/bottom arrows are disappearing as soon as I try to scroll down a page in Kiwi Browser. It's a chromium-based browser, so it might be an issue on others as well.

Chrome itself doesn't seem to have the issue however.

Poseidon

Alt account
Banned
May 11, 2019
I am sorry if this is the wrong thread, but it appears that my alerts are not working. Somebody quoted me and I received nothing.

Can any og you quote me please so that I can test it? thank you.

BriareosGAF

Oct 28, 2017
It would be great if we could get a feature like this (a la Twitter's "muted words"). It is very tiring and disappointing to keep smashing the Ignore button on a particular thread only to have to see a similar one pop up the very next day.
I would be happy to have a quick "ignore thread" shortcut on the forum page so that I can quickly cut out all of the MCU and "how to be a human being" threads on etcera without having to visit the individual thread itself to toggle the ignore. Maybe I've missed a good way to do this? And/or, be more aggressive about moving large OTs to Hangouts and create a separate "how to be a human" forum, I suppose.

Cugel

Nov 7, 2017
When is the next big set of new features? "Competition" is adding a whole new set

Status
Not open for further replies.