• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

ResetEra 2.0 New Features Guide

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say 'Thank You' for the new autosave Thread Draft feature. I've been working on a long one all week and I can't imagine how much more cumbersome it would be if I had to keep saving to a Word doc every night!

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is where I can post this but logging in and getting sent back to the home page is brutal. I really wish I could log in while looking at a thread, and then pick up right there.

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a setting to allow threads from ignored users to be seen? I have a massive and growing ignore list and I don't like having threads from those people just hidden by default. Would be a lot better in my opinion if they showed up but were just dimmed out so you could choose to look at them or not. It's frustrating having someone ignored from EtcetEra and then missing a thread they made gaming side about something I'm otherwise interested in but don't care who made the OP for.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'm just being dumb, but I can't seem to find a link to show all the threads that have been created by me?

If this feature exists, shouldn't this logically be under "My content"?

brainchild

GameXplain
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Minnesota
I would like to offer a suggestion for increasing the visibility of staff communication notices at the top and bottom of the page:

Please make 'staff posts' notices visually distinct from the rest of the UI/theme design, as they are very easy to miss (I have been banned for continuing to post about a topic without noticing such a communication). I don't think many people are going to actively look for the 'staff post' notice at the top or bottom of the page because there would be no reason to do so unless the user already knew a staff communication was posted. Ideally, there should be a red alert by the 'staff post' notices so that they can catch everyone's eyes who enters or refreshes the thread whenever a new communication is posted, and I think implementing this notification system will go a long way in ensuring that more people notice staff communications the moment they're posted.

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
I understand if it's not a possibility, but the shooting in NZ made me wish that we could disable all images, videos and media uploads in certain threads. I don't trust people to be discerning about what they should and shouldn't post.

Ignore forum has been a super duper handy feature and I've used it since the redesign but I still notice some stuff from the Etectera part of the site ends up in the latest threads section even when I have the board ignored for the sake of blocking out political stuff. I'm curious if maybe the ignore feature could be tweaked to block out certain threads/boards from showing up on the sidebar for folks who have said parts ignored for the sake of their sanity or just because they're sick of a thread blowing up. I know the search bar can also find ignored stuff but that's not really in-your-face like the front page and the latest thread sections, so it would be a nice addition unless I'm not finding the feature already

Oct 25, 2017
Hi it would be nice if the suggested search terms when you use the search bar don't pop up immediately under the bar and shove the 'search titles only' button down the page, because I absolutely keep clicking on the first suggested thing that pops up by accident when I intend to click on the 'search titles only' button