• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

ResetEra 2.0 New Features Guide

Nov 1, 2017
Iowa
Is the posts per page option not saving for anyone else? I change it to 100 and hit 'Save' on the bottom and it tells em changes are saved but it isn't updating.

Oct 27, 2017
Now that dust has started settling, I'm absolutely in love with the update. Well done everyone, and thank you for sticking with this dark theme and not the neon colors.

The only thing I'm missing are shortcuts to jump to the top/bottom of the page? I can live without them but I thought I'd ask.

Oct 25, 2017
No matter how many times I switch this to enabled I cannot get it to stay enabled once I leave the preferences page after saving.
Right — the bug that people are reporting with themes not sticking is actually applicable to every setting currently. None of my changes are sticking.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Is there no easy way to refresh the notifications or jumping to the top or bottom of a page?

I like the ignore thread feature though, and improved embedding functionality.

Not really a fan of any other changes yet.

Oct 27, 2017
This is really super annoying. It's pointless to have a small profile picture of yourself in every thread youve posted on. It just creates a jarring contrast and the worst is that it also does it on your own threads, which is even more pointless.

I like having some kind of icon showing that I posted in a thread, but perhaps it shouldn't cover the thread creator's avatar. Maybe place it on the right near the thread statistics, like the views and comment numbers?

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely this one for me
Same! In fact, I get confused because I see, like, a picture of Geralt and think it'll be a thread about The Witcher before remembering that the picture besides the thread has nothing to do with the content; it's just whatever picture the OP has as an avatar. It's confusing from a content perspective. I'd get used to it eventually I guess, but I don't see much value in it.

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's one of the nicer features, honestly.

But another complaint about the Watched Threads: I don't see any indicator on whether a thread's been updated, unless I look at the time since the last posting.
Yep this is what I noticed. Old way had that little thing to show threads had unread posts in them. Now I don't see that on Watched or even just in the forums.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
You have to enable the up and down arrows in the preferences. I don't know why they don't have them on by default.
Great, thanks. Edit: Doesn't work or I can't see them. Found the option but nothing changed.
Edit 2: There they go! Oh these are great! They're persistent on the screen on mobile!
-----
The old notification button was easier to deal with too :(

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to get rid of the "Similar Threads". It's rather annoying, esp on mobile.

And like others said, need quick 1 click links like before.

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of there being a quick 'ignore' button on the threadlist so that we can quickly remove threads we don't have interest in without having to open each one?

Nov 15, 2017
Is there a way to get rid of the "Similar Threads". It's rather annoying, esp on mobile.

And like others said, need quick 1 click links like before.
The 'similar threads' space at the bottom is horrible, and also the gigantic 'Want to browse without ads" ad. ugh.

SOLDIER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep this is what I noticed. Old way had that little thing to show threads had unread posts in them. Now I don't see that on Watched or even just in the forums.
Turns out the thread title will be grey if there were no new posts, but it can be a bit hard to make out. The little flag was better.

And again, not seeing any indicator at all for your own created threads. I was really hoping for a way to display all your threads at once.

Oct 25, 2017
I shouldn't have to open a thread to ignore it. Should be a button near the thread title on root. There is certainly enough space.....

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hope disabling images and text size come soon.

On a positive note, I like that the navigation bar is smaller on mobile now (at least I think it is?) and I prefer the forum dropdown, even if it takes one extra tap.

And again, I love the Latest Threads section.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah having an avatar next to a thread is irrelevant, no one is visiting a thread specifically because a particular avatar is shown next to it, it just takes unnecessary space. Of course the idea behind the redesign is to make it more mobile friendly, so everything is taking more space either way, but you could still gain enough space sideways (for whatever else), it will load faster, and it looks better.

Also, I'd shrink the upper and lower padding of the threads by at least half. On the old format I had to permanently zoom at 110% (ctrl+mousewheel on Firefox, maybe it works on other browsers too), now I find I have to zoom out to 90% because there's too much padding, but I feel it makes the text too small, at 100% the text size is good. There's just too much space between threads, and it makes me want to not scroll through.

Nitpick: the edit button should probably be on the right.

Other than that it's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Turns out the thread title will be grey if there were no new posts, but it can be a bit hard to make out. The little flag was better.

And again, not seeing any indicator at all for your own created threads. I was really hoping for a way to display all your threads at once.
Thanks I see it now! It is easier to see in light mode though. Dark mode I do have a bit of difficulty telling the difference between the gray and the purple.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there someway to get the quick. Jump buttons on the bottom of the mobile screen? For large phones it's hard to do 1 hand browsing when I hold the bottom half of the phone and can't reach the quick jump buttons on the top with my thumb.

Oct 25, 2017
The 'similar threads' space at the bottom is horrible, and also the gigantic 'Want to browse without ads" ad. ugh.

Yep.

I like some features like the "latest" and "trending" options but the forum layout and general browsing experience is a lot worse compared to the legacy ERA theme.

Lump

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to remove the avatars for the main thread view? Only want to see them when I enter a topic.

on firefox
I just went in and added visibility:hidden; to that specific class. Maybe I'll create a new stylesheet with the left side spacing adjusted also

While that does work, the spacing on the left would bother me a little on the Desktop.

Here's what it looks like with my filter (uBO in Vivaldi)

Oct 29, 2017
Needs one click link to switch forums again.
Is there someway to get the quick. Jump buttons on the bottom of the mobile screen? For large phones it's hard to do 1 hand browsing when I hold the bottom half of the phone and can't reach the quick jump buttons on the top with my thumb.
Agreed with all of these. Cant browse with 1 hand on mobile like i used to. Was the easiest forum to browse on mobile for me. Now its just a pain with that big bar up top and no way to go back up to the top of the page or easily refresh. Similar threads just doesnt seem that.....useful? and takes up a ton of space at the bottom.

Oct 29, 2017
Loving some of these new changes, but one thing I'm wondering, is there a way to get rid of the menu that stays on the leftside? I love a minimal look and it just seems a bit too much clutter for me, it'd be nice to have it similar to the old way it looked with no menu taking up like 10% of the entire left of the page but be able to like minimize that for those of us that don't need it, similar to say how Youtube does it where you can click the three lines to minimize that entire section and just click it again to open that back up.

Edit - NM, I just noticed the 3 lines up beside the Resetera logo for this...don't know if that was added or I was just blind not to notice it but thanks for having this feature.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I can't find a way to jump onto the first post, that was made on a watched thread since my last visit. The latest icon just brings me to the last post on the thread.

The highlighting of own posts seems to be gone as well, unfortunately.

Nov 19, 2017
Literally no one. Someone decided to take a sleek, functional design and ruin it to the point of turning people off from even browsing here.
Where is the refresh button?
Where is the quick scroll?
Why can't I click one button to go to the last or first page?
Absolutely unintuitive.....