• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to ResetEra's Anime Series/Franchise of the Decade voting thread. This thread allows us to look back on the various anime's that came out this past decade. We use this thread to celebrate those that stood out in the crowed rabble of the medium that is anime. As well as to help guide both newcomers and veterans of the medium towards interesting anime.

For better or worse anime can be a difficult medium to get into. Whether it be from the lack of knowledge of what shows are out there; to certain stereotypes (both true and falsely equated ones) associated with anime as a medium making one uncertain if they want to try it out. The overall goal of this community AOTD voting/results thread is to both celebrate the quality works of the past decade, while also being a reference in helping someone find a better example of the medium to watch.

xU3U1zk.jpg

Please read the rules below, failure to comply with the rules can lead to your ballot being disqualified. If you are uncertain about any aspects of the rules, please PM me and I'll do my best to clarify on the subject.

AOTY 2019 Voting Thread

Voting Rules

Cut-Off:
The vote will be closing on June 30st, 2020 at 11:59PM EST. Any vote posted or editing of previously posted vote after said time will not be counted.

Categories:
There are two main categories that everyone will be voting on:

Anime Series/Franchise of the Decade – Top 25
Anime Movie of the Decade – Top 10

You will be voting up to your top 25 TV + OVA (please read OVA section below for more info) Anime series of the decade. Further clarification on what this exactly means will be included in the below section of Eligibility. You will also be voting up to your top 10 Anime Movies of the decade. You can include any number of Honorable Mentions. Honorable Mentions can be Shows/Movies/OVA from this decade that didn't make the list you felt others would enjoy. When listing Honorable Mentions, please include the words Honorable Mentions above said list so we don't accidentally confuse them for your main voting ballot.

You do not have to use up all 25 of your slots, for some of you there may be only 10 shows you really liked this past decade. If so, just do a list up to 10 and don't bother trying to fill out the other 15 slots with shows you didn't enjoy. This larger number of slots is for those of us who eat a much higher quantity of anime. There is a handful of us who wouldn't have trouble filling 50 slots if given the chance. All I'm saying is, don't feel pressured to fill out all your slots; if you can't think of any other anime you watched the was enjoyable enough or well made enough to get a spot on your list. Then there is no need to just fill the space with something you felt subpar.

Please note for Anime Series/Franchise vote, the voting goal is to rank based off a series for any tv/ova content that has both aired between 2010 and 2019 and you have seen. You only need to rank via content of the franchise you have seen. So if you've only seen Pokemon Sun & Moon from the Pokemon franchise this past decade; you will only vote off that content quality. Please attempt (key word attempt) to keep any enjoyment or dislike of any content of a series that aired prior to the 2010 deadline from affecting your vote. There really is no true way to do this, thus the focus on the word attempt.

Eligibility:

Anime TV + OVA Series – Any Anime TV series that aired between 2010 to 2019 and any OVA Series that released in Japan between 2010 to 2019 is eligible to be voted for. Also, any series that began airing prior to 2010, but lasted at least one season into 2010 (March/April) is eligible as well. This means shows like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is voteable on, as well as never ending long runners like One Piece or Case Closed can also be voted on.

Why Series/Franchises are bundled together: This choice to bundle shows into just Series/Franchises came together after talking with various others the past few weeks. Trying to find what the best solution is to this no-good solution issue. Thus, it was decided upon that bundling up shows by their Series/Franchises (excluding the exceptions to the rule which can be found below) would be the fairest way of conducting this vote. There are 2 main factors behind this: the first being this make it an even playing field for many split multi-season shows. This includes shows like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure which would be split into 4 seasons normally (and 4 possible votes), compared to a single run of Hunter x Hunter 2011. By bundling it together, it is forcing you to view JoJo a single entry just as HxH 2011 is. The second being, it allows for more variety on said lists with these multi-seasons, by split seasons being pushed into a single vote. This also allows shows that had a single season have more chance to appear compared to the public mindshare hogging multi-season split series.

Exceptions to bundling: I'll get this out of the way, there is logic and reason behind why A series is forced to be bundled while B series is allowed multiple votes for its various entries. It generally comes down to the factors of if there is source material involved and continual. When there is source material involved (usually manga/LN),a multi-season anime is either adapting the same exact series or is adapting a sequel to said series. In both cases, there is continual connection between the two shows thus they get bundled when it comes to voting.

Continual aspects are often found even in original Animes that get sequels, but, since I'm writing all this out there are obviously exceptions to the rule. This often times comes about from certain spin-offs that extremely differ from their base material, kids anime and Fate with it's continual aspects being much harder to grasp due to it being a VN with branching paths

The Following are Exceptions from Series Bundling (Please note, this list may not be final. If someone finds a show or spinoff, I didn't include please alert me. If it fits the bill, I will add it to the list here and inform anyone who voted the bundled entry about said change):

Precure/Pretty Cure Series: I don't believe there are any entries that are direct sequels/prequels of another, so all entries can be voted on separately for this series.
Aikatsu!: Same as Precure, unless an entry is a direct sequel/prequel each can be voted separately
Digimon Series: As like above, unless direct sequels/prequels each can be voted separately
Yu-Gi-Oh! Series: Same as above.
PriPara & Pretty Rhythm: These two series will be separate entries.
Gundam Series: The splitting for Gundam entries are the following. Gundam Age = Gundam Age. Gundam Build Fighters = Gundam Build Fighters + Try. Gundam Build Drivers = Gundam Build Drivers + Re:Rise. Gundam: G no Reconguista = Gundam: G no Reconguista. Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn = Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn OVA + RE:0096 tv entry. Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin = Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin OVA + Advent of Red Comet tv entry. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans = Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans S1 + S2. Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt = Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt S1 + S2.
Fate/Zero: Just Fate/Zero Series entries
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works: Just the UBW Series Entries
Lord El-Melloi II Case Files: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note: Just this show
Fate/Apocrypha: Just this show
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya: All seasons + OVAs of just this spinoff .
Fate/Grand Order: Any TV entry or OVA entry from the Grand Oder line of Fate included here.
Garo Series: Each of the three entities of the Garo Series will be separate entries that can each be voted on separately.
A Certain Magical Index & A Certain Scientific Rail Gun: These two will be separate entities, with each sequel under said series umbrella.
Love Live Series: For reasons Sunshine and the Original Love Live Series will be separate entries.

OVAs: Just to clarify, any OVA that is extra content to a preexisting show like High Score Girl: Extra Stage would be included into your ranking of the High Score Girl franchise. Another type of OVA are just full on series like Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199, they are their own entry in the TV Series and OVA series side. Since they are normal series that happen to be released via OVA format instead of TV. But, if an OVA is just a single episode standalone like Asagao to Kase-san or even Black Rock Shooter OVA (that later gained a TV show) it is placed into the Anime Movies side of the list.

Anime Movies – Unlike AOTY voting which has flakey rules to the nature of how we can watch said movies. For this AOTD voting it will be quite simple, any movies or single episode standalone OVA's that were released in Japan anytime between January 1[SUP]st[/SUP], 2010 and December 31[SUP]st[/SUP], 2019 are eligible. Like the TV/OVA Series voting, any movie that is a direct sequel to a prior movie will be bundled together. That means a single vote for Kizumonogatari and Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel's movie series. Any movie from the same franchise but isn't connected to the other movies like One Piece's movies don't need to be bundled.

Not Anime/Fake Anime/ Etc... – If it's not anime you can't vote on it, only Japanese productions. Any western produced shows animated by Japanese studios are not allowed either. The only exclusion to this rule is Thunderbolt Fantasy series, which has been the one constant exception on this front since the prior site's AOTY voting.

The exclusion of other countries works is not to be elitist, nor to belittle the animated works of other countries. This thread's purpose is to focus on Anime (and Thunderbolt Fantasy Franchise) and the quality works produced this year from the medium. Though you can't include non-Japanese produced works in your list, please feel free to include them in your Honorable Mentions section.

Voting Format:

All votes should look like this format:

1. Girls Last Tour – Your thoughts on Girls Last Tour.
  2. Silver Spoon Series – Your thoughts on Silver Spoon Series.
  3. Yuru Yuri Series – Your thoughts on Yuru Yuri Series.
  4. Attack on Titan Series– Your thoughts on Attack on Titan Series
  5. Mob Psycho 100 Series– Your thoughts on Mob Psycho Series
  6. Senki Zesshou Symphogear Series – Your thoughts on Senki Zesshou Symphogear Series
  7. Hunter X Hunter 2011– Your thoughts on Hunter X Hunter 2011
  8. Dragon Ball Super – Your thoughts on Dragon Ball Super
  9. Dog Days Series– Your thoughts on Dog Days Series
  10. Gundam Build Fighters Series– Your thoughts on Gundam Build Fighters Series
  11. Flowers of Evil – Your thoughts on Flowers of Evil
  12. Steins;Gate Series - Your thoughts on Steins;Gate Series
  13. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Your thoughts on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  14. Beastars - Your thoughts on Beastars
  15. High Score Girl Series - Your thoughts on high Score Girl Series
  16. Nichijou - Your thoughts on Nichijou
  17. The Tatami Galaxy - Your thoughts on The Tatami Galaxy
  18. Space Dandy Series - Your thoughts on Space Dandy Series
  19. Laid-Back Camp - Your thoughts on Laid-Back Camp
  20. Sarazanmai - Your thoughts on Sarazanmai
  21. The Monogatari Series - Your thoughts on The Monogatari Series
  22. Death Parade - Your thoughts on Death Parade
  23. Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Series - Your thoughts on Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Series
  24. 91 Days - Your thoughts on 91 Days
  25. One Piece - Your thoughts on One Piece

• Please have your list numbered in the same way as shown above. Do not do 25 to 1, if done that way your ballot may be tossed. A visual example of what not to do will be shown below.
  • Please do not include a Power Gap. If you only have 12 series you want to list simply list them 1-12, do not do 1-3 (POWER GAP) 16-25. If included your ballot may be tossed, an "Eye Catching" visual example of the power gap will be included below.
ZSxh3o2.jpg

• Please include a comment about each series for your ballot to counted. You don't have to write an essay (you can though), a few words on why this show appealed to you will suffice. You can go into greater details about any said seasons that stood out to you from any series included.
  • Please use the English name of the show when listing your series in your list. The English name is the one that the streaming service like Crunchyroll/HIDIVE/Etc. use on their platform. If there is no English name associated with said series, then you can use the Japanese name. Also, please use the full name of the series, do not use nicknames/shortened names like MHA for My Hero Academia or DanMachi for Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?.
  • Please do not post open, un-tagged spoilers anywhere in this thread.
  • Please do not do a 'Reserve' post to hold a spot in a thread to eventually post your ballot. There is no need to do this, just post your ballot when you are finished writing it.
  • You can edit your ballot until the deadline passes.
  • Feel free to include images to your ballot, please try to avoid using too many gifs and make sure your images are well formatted.
  • Points are in descending order, with your #1 being worth 25 points, your #2 being worth 24 points and so on until your #25 which is worth 1 point. For films your #1 is worth 10 points and your #10 worth 1 point.

Example Template
Please check the below example before posting your list. Thank you!

Anime TV Series
1. Series A - Your thoughts on Series A.
2. Series B - Your thoughts on Series B.
3. Series C - Your thoughts on Series C.
4. Series D - Your thoughts on Series D.
5. Series E - Your thoughts on Series E.
6. Series F - Your thoughts on Series F.
7. Series G - Your thoughts on Series G.
8. Series H - Your thoughts on Series H.
9. Series I - Your thoughts on Series I.
10. Series J - Your thoughts on Series J.
11. Series K - Your thoughts on Series K.
12. Series L - Your thoughts on Series L.
13. Series M - Your thoughts on Series M.
14. Series N - Your thoughts on Series N.
15. Series O - Your thoughts on Series O.
16. Series P - Your thoughts on Series P.
17. Series Q - Your thoughts on Series Q.
18. Series R - Your thoughts on Series R.
19. Series S - Your thoughts on Series S.
20. Series T - Your thoughts on Series T.
21. Series U - Your thoughts on Series U.
22. Series V - Your thoughts on Series V.
23. Series W - Your thoughts on Series W.
24. Series X - Your thoughts on Series X.
25. Series Y - Your thoughts on Series Y.

Anime Movie/OVA Series
1. Series A - Your thoughts on Series A.
2. Series B - Your thoughts on Series B.
3. Series C - Your thoughts on Series C.
4. Series D - Your thoughts on Series D.
5. Series E - Your thoughts on Series E.
6. Series F - Your thoughts on Series F.
7. Series G - Your thoughts on Series G.
8. Series H - Your thoughts on Series H.
9. Series I - Your thoughts on Series I.
10. Series J - Your thoughts on Series J.

Honorable Mention
x. Honorable mention - Your thoughts on it.

Remember to get your votes in before the deadline of June 30st, 2020 at 11:59 EST. Also, once again if you have any questions please PM me.

Have fun writing up your lists and watching through your anime backlog to get your list finalized! Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Haikyuu!! - Hands down the best damn volleyball anime ever produced. We have stretched out the hijinx of 12 high schoolers as they head to Nationals since 2012.
2. Hunter x Hunter 2011 - The feels. Gon and team battle insane odds to become Hunters and to find Gon's dad.
3. Attack on Titan - Non-stop death and more death as teens with blade swords swing into our hearts to protect the land from the titans.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
1. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - There is a reason that this is the anime nearly everyone is told to watch at some point.
2. Major season 6 - Great baseball series gets a great continuation. Love the cast, love the drama, love the stuff outside of baseball as well.
3. Re:zero - This is a ton of fun and still highly rated for me even with the middle of the series being not great.
4. Bakuman - All the feels of death note with a focus on manga creation instead :P
5. Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day - One of the few anime that makes most people cry at some point.
6. Hajime No Ippo: The Fighting! (rising) - the third season but still not enough, we need more Ippo as it's one of the best sports series.
7. No Game No Life - There are some issues with the series, but overall it's a ton of fun to see how things will play out.
8. One Punch Man - Awesome animation, tons of great jokes, and an instant classic
9. The Promised Neverland- The series is great. Don't read anything about this, just go into it blind, you can thank me later.
10. Nodame Cantabile: Finale- great music series, granted only the last little bit was in this decade but still worthy of being on the list.
11. Carole & Tuesday - sticking with that music theme this is another great little series. Truly great sound track, good characters, questionable second half but still great overall.
12. Little Witch Academia - Trigger's only good series. fun series, great characters.
13. Yuri!!! on Ice - Yuri on Ice, more like Yaoi on Ice.
14. Psycho-Pass - The show has flaws, but overall is a great watch some some great characters, themes and music
15. Shiki - Sadly most horror series don't get good adaptions, this is one of the few ones that got one though.
16. ReLIFE - a fun setting that could have potentially been very creepy, but pulled off quite well.
17. Magic Kaito 1412 - Gentlemen thiefs are awesome :)
18. Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun - Great series, and one of the funnier anime out there. But does require you to know some shoujo tropes.
19. Chihayafuru - Who knew competitive poem reading could be so enjoyable.
20. Kids on the Slope- a great bromance.
21. From the New World - interesting theme and plenty of great moments held back by a few questionable choices here or there
22. Gosick - Starts off a decent detective series and becomes soooooo much more.
23. Princess Jellyfish - I really should rewatch this to make sure there isn't any problematic themes in it, but as far as I recall it was a fun series about a bunch of otaku girls having their world changed by an outsider.
24. Tiger & Bunny - I didn't expect much from this to start with but it eventually turns into a great series.
25. High Score Girl - This works better in the manga as it becomes very awkward at times involving the main character, and it takes a while for her to even be likable, but once we get there it's a solid series.

HM. Baby Steps - I really wish this had gotten a better adaption with good animation so more people would have watched it. Love the cast, and a great series in general. I will forever be bitter that Haikyuu got so much love when this is the vastly superior series for me.

HM. Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Great series, but the true greatness will be in the next decade so it can wait until it takes a top 10 spot ten years from now.

There are likely series I forgot, and likely could change up the order some, but that's all the time I have so I guess it will have to be good lol.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Anime TV Series

1. Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju - It's the best anime of the decade because it's perfect.

Anime Movie/OVA Series
1. Kase-san and Morning Glories - Cute girls in love.

Was gonna do more but these were just the best for me. I would pay a ridiculous amount for a blu ray of Rakugo Shinju and they should go ahead and make an anime of kase-san.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
I'm gonna go slow on this one, since I need to check on every single box of that I'm looking at. So it will be constantly updated over the days-weeks.
73643.jpg
87987l.jpg
75639.jpg
102008.jpg
78745.jpg

73178.jpg
77957.jpg
99889.jpg
76049.jpg
80515.jpg

16. Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt - The series that is raunchy by excelence, and the last great Gainax anime series before all of the tax and money crimes they've made and then made shady Gainax everywhere. Holy shit this is a trip and a comedic rocket, it's constant laughs, it's how Japan sees American Cartoons, but when it's rated R and brings the worst of the western culture. They did it to almost perfection, also, the GAINAX ENDING of the series which everyone has begging wither Khara or Trigger to just grab the rights and make a season 2 of this.
17. Welcome To The Ballroom - A boy, Tatara, who knew nothing about dancing, but falls in love with it, has talent and works hard, has many obstacles but at the end he proves he's worth to be dancing with the greats is an amazing story. And Production I.G. makes the Haikyuu of dancing on ballrooms, with long necks. Animation that is sublime, figures that you cannot even make in your life, dances that are amazing, and a big story with great side characters makes this series a great one to watch.
18. Assassination Classroom Series - Koro-sensei will always live, its teachings, its message, he wanted redemption and he found it with his classroom, who wanted to kill him, or the world ends. Wow, that was a trip, comedy, drama, tears. Yes, the adaptation, specially the 2nd season, had some big pacing issues where it took 1 episode to cover 7-10 manga chapters but the rest was well done, they knew what to put in there and what not, still some of the things that didn't made into the main series had OVAs or spin-offs. The series has heart, the acting is great, the story is amazing, the animation is great. Watch it.
19. Beastars - This series is a surprise because it was CGI, about anthropomorphic animals, with lots of romance. And it was a success, and I fucking loved it, and everyone else loved it. Orange grabbed this series and made special sessions with their VA's by doing something no other studio has done, make them act for real. That, gave them the emotion to put in the screen, because of the acting, the amazing CGI, the story, this deserves the spot here.
20. My Hero Academia Series - It seems the new formula for shonen is releasing series in seasons spaced by each other instead of long running series with lots of filler, and it works, creates expectations, gives animators a better time to improve and bring a better product, and it gives breathing room to the original work to expand before making any move into filler territory. This series has it all, the characters, the soundtrack, the animation on most of their seasons, it proved how to make a shonen right into 2010 and now 2020.
21. Parasyte: The Maxim - One of the best adaptations from an old manga happened here. MADhouse did a splendid job on bringing the work of Hitooshi Awaki, that creepy art to the new age, it has gore, story, it will make you question if humans are hunted or are the hunters, if this is a call from the planet to protect itself, just watch and get the answer.
22. Erased - Even if the end is crap, you still come back to this series, people are giving this series a 3/10 a 4/10 because of that, but actually, the series is great and even if the ending is kinda bad, still the animation, the story and the characters make you watch it, hell some of the most tearful scenes of the decade happen here, Kayo's first home cooked meal happens here. Enjoy the series, stop being salty for something that happened.
23. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba - The most popular series of 2019. And it has the reasons why, animation levels taken from UFOtable's other big series "Fate", protagonists that will win you, the classic battle shonen formula, villains that have reasons why they're bad, THE FUCKING EPISODE 19, and the funny thing, this is the start, I can see myself when they release the movie and Season 2 that S2 will top my list if the manga is perfectly adapted. I will be waiting so hard on this.
24. One Punch Man Series - This is a controversial one... I love Season 1, but I hate Season 2, overall it deserves a spot on the 25 of the decade based on S1 alone, it was a passion project and it shows in spades with some of the best animation and staff ever seen, and combined with ONE's story and humor and you get a winning formula that can captivate the mainstream and become known everywhere. Sadly S2 doesn't reach the same highs but the story kind of saves the anime. The move from MADhouse to JC Staff showed and you get a "decent" series instead of a "legendary" series like S1.
25. 91 Days - This is a series of revenge, you can get immersed on how the protagonist is plotting to get that revenge, by infiltrating the same mafia group that killed his family, and he doesn't care about dying or anything. With every single episode not letting up the pace, you are in for a threat of a series that has it all in good portions, the direction is amazing, the animation is well made. Also a sublime OP by TK from Ling Tosite Sigure.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
25 series. I have a 25 on MAL that I havent updated sine 2017, so I just need to add a few more recent shows to this and it should be simple to do. Just gotta remember to do it.

Guilty Crown Lovers show up please

OP
OP
Printer Paper 8 X 11
Oct 25, 2017
Good Lord this is going to take a while to figure out.
You've got a little under 3 months take your time.

Also, clarified a bit more about how OVAs get placed. To put simple, if addition to a tv show goes into said tv show seires. If it's it's own multi episode series OVA then it gets its own entry on the TV show side. But if it's a single one off OVA then it can be placed in the movie side, even for stuff like Black Rock Shooter where the ova inspired the eventual TV...either way no good solution but this is a better one then what I had just prior. Also for LWA 1st movie..I don't care which side you count it under, either bundled with the sequel movie or under the TV show.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting the anime of the year, but anime of the decade? Ughhh, this will take some time for me to make my list.

The ones more memorable to me were Shirobako, Konosuba, Steins;Gate, Attack on Titan and Barakamon. And movies: Maquia, Your Name, The Tale of Princess Kaguya and In this Corner of the World.

Of course, there are many others, so I'll start my list tomorrow.

OP
OP
Printer Paper 8 X 11
Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting the anime of the year, but anime of the decade? Ughhh, this will take some time for me to make my list.

The ones more memorable to me were Shirobako, Konosuba, Steins;Gate, Attack on Titan and Barakamon. And movies: Maquia, Your Name, The Tale of Princess Kaguya and In this Corner of the World.

Of course, there are many others, so I'll start my list tomorrow.
AOTY went up yesterday, you can find the link below the oversized timeline image towards the top.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
So, because franchises are bundled, could I vote for something that started long before 2010 but had at least one season or OVA since then? For example, would Hidamari Sketch be eligible as a full franchise?
As a more extreme example: Lupin III has had both a tv movie (Last Job in 2010) and an official revival in recent years, does the 1972 series come into consideration because of that, or is it treated more like the various UC Gundams?

After actually looking through what's aired in the past 10 years, I also have questions about Cardcaptor Sakura (thanks to Clear Card), Macross (thanks to Delta) and Nanoha (because of Vivid). All of these are direct sequels, although the relationships vary. Macross and Nanoha at least have different main characters, but then so do the various Gundam Build series.

Being able to put CCS on an anime of the decade list feels dumb, so I probably wouldn't anyway, but as written it seems like a legit choice.

Last edited:

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
25 ? My rec list is going to save my ass.

That infographic is amazing by the way and must have been a chore to make, major props Printer !

cpcz

Oct 28, 2017
New Donk CIty
Disclaimer: I don't really watch anime in the last decade, only a handful that was recommended by friends or internet

1. The Tatami Galaxy - It's hard to put a thought in a single sentence. Beautiful stylized art & animation, the story feels random at first but it makes sense in the end. I probably give this series too much credits but I do really appreciate their message : )
2. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - A solid story with glorious animation. A must watch anime if you like shounen.
3. Asobi Asobase - Did a "no laugh challenge" with friends, and to be honest, this shit broke me.
4. Erased - A well-written thriller yet heartwarming. I'm glad that I watched this in my 20s, My teens self probably left salty at the ending.
5. One Punch Man (Season 1) - I believe this is a loveable anime in general, I often recommend this for a newcomer or for somebody who used to watch dragon ball.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Is there an laid out list of anime that came out this decade? I'd like to make a list but I can't remember what I even watched.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Is there an laid out list of anime that came out this decade? I'd like to make a list but I can't remember what I even watched.

If you don't want to go season by season, Anilist has this, which you can both sort and filter (which helps, because there's just too many shows to really go through one by one). The link should be set to automatically filter only this decade, even though the filters don't seem to correctly update visually.

The only problem is that it misses longer running stuff that started airing earlier than 2010 but still lasted past it. I guess the only way to fix this would be to go season by season, at least for the 2010 seasons.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Ping Pong the Animation - Legitimately the perfect anime, storytelling, animation, great introduction, great and satisfying ending, doesn't outstay its welcome. It gets less attention then it deserves due to it being a sports show, but please, watch this show.

2. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Probably the most fun Ive had with a show since watching Dragon Ball as a kid, this show is special, and easily one of the most digestible anime ever made. Art work, color schemes, and having a narrative inspired by Fist of the North Star rather then Dragon Ball, really help this show stand out among all the shonen drek out there.

3. Mob Psycho 100 - I consider this show to be better then Jojo, but Jojo barely beats it out due to how long it has lasted. Mob Psycho is consistently one of the most entertaining, fun, most well animated series Ive ever seen out of the animated series of the year. Super fun show.

4. One Punch Man - Probably wouldve been #2 despite the mediocre second season, One Punch Man season 1 is easily the best animated show ive seen. Comedy is done perfectly, the story is great. Season 2 gets ripped a lot, but it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

5. Prison School - This show came out of nowhere for me, and is probably my favorite comedy animes. This show is essentially the American Pie of anime, which shows a tight group of male students try to survive the harsh sexuality of high school, while managing their own relationships and goals. Easily the best pure comedy series of the decade, and it's only like 13 episodes!

6. Madoka Magica - Another show that came literally out of nowhere, I was never a fan of magical girl series, and never a fan of shows featuring little girls, but this series has incredibly creative animation styles, and a really fun narrative that despite being easy to figure out, it fun nonetheless. I wish I had more to sya, but if you're like me, and don't really like "little girl shows"give this a watch. At the very minimum, the animation itself is worth watching.

7. Konosuba - I usually despise Isekai, as I find them really dull and boring. Konosuba isnt your typical Isekai though, and it's less about escapism and more about dealing with less then stellar situations. Probably my second favorite comedy series outside of Prison School.

8. Flowers of Evil (Aku no Hana) - It's a shame we never got a continuatio of this series, as it gave us probably the best possible adaptation of the Aku no Hana manga. Tells the story of young love, and how crazy it is, extremely well. Rotoscoping turned people off, but it worked incredibly well for the narrative. The music in this series is also amazing.

9. Space Dandy - The most underappreciated series out there. Space Dandy is an incredible scifi comedy that manages to show off incredibly creative animation, and good animation in general, throughout the entire series. Some people were put off, expecting a Cowboy Bebop 2, but what we got is imo much better. Dandy and his crew are fun to hang out with, and his misadventures throughout the show are always incredibly fun.

10. Dragon Ball Super - Im a gigantic Dragon Ball fan, so this is way too high compared to where it should be rated, but this would have easily been a lot higher if the show maintained the ToP quality levels throughout. The show is a slog until then, but the ToP is easily one of my favorite Dragon Ball arcs of all time. Im a super big dragon ball fan though, so it gets cookie points for being there

11. Hunter X Hunter - It arguably takes way too long to get to decent arcs, but the Chimera Ant arc is easily one of the best shonen arcs ever made. At the very minimum you get a really good shonen series created by one of the most storied artists and storytellers in the genre, worked on by an incredible staff. Animation is superb at points.

12. Hajime no Ippo Rising - Some of the best action animation of this decade. Music, pacing, and action is all pure Ippo.

13. Fate/Zero - John Wick had an interesting Origin story. I also love RIDAH

14. One Piece - If Dressrosa didnt exist, this would be much higher

15. Food Wars! - Probably the most surprising anime of the decade. I loved it despite it being a really dumb idea for a shonen.

16. The Devil is a Part Timer - It's like a worse Konosuba except this time, a fantasy creature comes to the real world!

17. Kill La Kill - I have hot takes about this show, but it did do a lot of things right. Animation to die for, and action sequences that are exciting as as all hell.

18. Panty & stocking - In the Space Dandy category of, should be way more popular, then it actually is. If you like south park humor, mixed with fake western style animation, then you'll love Panty and Stocking. Crude, Sexual, and completely insane, reminds me of a natural progression of animation style from Dead Leaves.

19. Pop Team Epic - What if you made an anime Adult Swim show? This is one of the weirdest, and also most divisive shows of the decade, but when it hit it's mark, it was one of the best shows out there.

20. Tiger and Bunny - Surprisingly good Super Hero show. Gives the characters feels and motivations that are fairly deep and well made. Pretty Standard Monster of the week format.

Ill come up with more and shift around shows later.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I may haven't seen enough anime for take part of a top in a single year, but I think I have seen enough in the decade lol

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna post in the Anime of the Year thread but realize that I don't actually watch enough anime in a year to make a full list, it would just be a shorter decade list. I'm also not good with descriptions so bear in mind that I might repeat myself across anime because I can only describe "fun" in so many ways >_>

1. Violet Evergarden: Very biased opinion, but this is my favorite show because of how much I can relate to Violet. It's equal parts a show about PTSD and coping with returning to life as a civilian after being on the front lines of war, as it is a show about a girl who can't even understand her own emotions going through the process of finally being able to emotionally grow up when she never had the chance to before. Now what I relate to is the latter. There are so many parallels to Aspergers in Violet's character traits that felt extremely relateable to me to the point where the most simplest things she would do would send me to tears, among all of the other heartwrenching scenes that I could barely handle (This anime made me ugly cry, no anime has made me ugly cry before this). It seems that even people that can't relate to her also appreciate Violet Evergarden alot, but it's so near and dear to me that I'm simply unable to view it outside of a subjective lens. In my eyes, it's absolutely perfect.

2. Mob Psycho 100: A story about a kid who's the most powerful Esper known to humanity, but just wants to live a normal middle-school life as a normal middle-school kid. Very wholesome show about what it means to be human but with badass shonen fight scenes when Mob is actually provoked.

3. Dr Stone: A unique take on the shonen genre (I didn't even realize this was a shonen for a few episodes) that puts all the action on science instead of fights. The science is based on reality but the show has the perfect balance between reality and fiction for an entertaining show about bringing civilization back to the modern age all the way back from scratch. It's equally as smart as it is dumb fun, has extremely fun characters, and it's plain satisfying watching them speed through the eras of science and civilization. Can't wait for Season 2.

4. Demon Slayer: Amazing animation and a very caring MC that doesn't let his personality get in the way of his job: killing demons. I dislike the naive nature of lots of heroes that let villains get away because they had a sob story, and Tanjiro manages to not only find empathy for the demons that were treated horribly as humans that drove them to become demons, but still vows to kill them because human lives that have been lost cannot be replaced.

5. Re:Creators: I loved this show because it was a love letter to fiction. It shows just how powerful fiction can be, and what it's like to be a creator. It completely opened up my eyes to why a writer, an author, an artist, etc do what they do. It gave me a newfound appreciation in fiction that I took for granted, and made me realize just how powerful stories can be. And aside from that, it's also a great action show featuring many different characters from all sorts of popular, in-universe series coming together to earth with spectacular fight scenes, animation, sound design, and Sawano's kick-ass soundtracks.

6. Saga of Tanya the Evil: A war anime set in alternate WW1 Europe mixed in with early aspects of WW2 and magic. Some of the best sound design I have ever heard in an anime, and the magical bass explosions of the guns absolutely makes this show for me. I don't understand half a bit about the politics side, I just follow Tanya's endeavors because it's fun as hell. All I really know is she's evil and her hatred of god fuels god to keep forcing her into situations to rely on his power.

7. Symphogear: The TVTropes page is enough of a summary you'll need for this show. "Senki Zesshou Symphogear is a sci-fi series about Magical Girl Warriors who use Power Armor fueled by The Power of Rock to battle Eldritch Abominations." Series about Magical Girl Warriors using music as their powers against the enemies of humanity. Also they're all gay as hell for eachother. It's a series that gets better with time as it slowly finds an identity after toeing the line between serious and over-the-top action several times, but the payoff is worth it.

8. Re:Zero: This is a show about making mistakes and correcting them, and correcting yourself to become a better person. I wasn't expecting the level of character growth this show has when I first went into it blind thinking it didn't have much to bring to the table, but I was seriously wrong. The best fantasy Isekai I've seen thus far.

9. One Punch Man: Admittedly I just started watching S2 right now but S1 was really enjoyable, the twist of the strongest man alive being so normal that no one thinks it's him is pretty funny, and while I feel it overstays its welcome for an episode or two, there is a good story underneath all of it that begins to rear its head about halfway into S1. I was actually really close to dropping it because the "man so strong he feels nothing" joke felt like it was getting old before it finally started introducing the actual story, which turned the show around for me into something that was really fun and comedic.

10. Log Horizon: So far the best MMO isekai anime I've seen, I love the amount of painstaking detail that went into making the MMO world extremely believable, you can tell the author actually played MMO's. Still need to read through the rest of the light novels I got months ago too.

11. That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime: A pretty unique Isekai that feels more like a game of Civilization that's trying to collect all the people to become one supergiant nation. I particularly enjoy how Rimuru is such a caring and generous leader that the different races WANT to be under his control,. or in a joint alliance with him.

12. Overlord: The D&D inspirations are what drew me into this anime, I love the dark, gritty fantasy style and how the show doesn't hold back on reminding you that Ainz is the main character, to the point where I was rooting against the main cast at times. This would be lower on the list had I not spent some time on google uncovering the absolutely insane amount of worldbuilding this series' setting has, even giving extremely comprehensive character sheets of all the characters, complete with stats and level charts.

13. MMO Junkie (Net-juu no Susume). I play MMO's, my girlfriend plays MMO's, and we started dating after playing MMO's together. This was a no-brainer for me, a very fun and relateable slice-of-life RomCom anime based around a group of friends playing an MMO together, with many "MMO culture" jokes that may feel out of place if the watcher wasn't well-versed in online games, but will make you laugh if you've ever spent alot of time in an MMO before. Featuring everything from social awkwardness to self doubt, two very human characters in the modern age who use MMO's as an escape from life that slowly learn they're falling in love. Very cute and fun show that had my heart melting by the end.

14. Kill la Kill. Could really do without the whole sexualizing minors stuff, but I really enjoyed the anti-fascist themes and pro-individuality messages out of it. They could have done much better when it came to sexualization, they dropped the ball hard and it can be difficult to look past the problematic aspects to see any value from it. Past that, it was a badass, adrenaline fueled show with themes of an anti-fascist group pushing back against totalitarianism and a complacent society, that took lots of inspiration from their previous shows like Gurren Lagann and Evangelion. Also even more amazing Sawano music.

15. My Hero Academia: Somewhat generic but still full of charm, what I enjoy the most about MHA is the worldbuilding, Deku's relationship with All-Might, and side characters still being just as fun to follow along as Deku.

16. Konosuba: What if a D&D party full of people who don't take anything seriously were tasked to kill a Demon Lord? You get a sitcom in anime form. An Isekai parody that grabs everything ridiculous about Isekai anime and turns it up to 11, the comedy just about never stops.

17. No Game No Life: Also a show that could do without the loli shit, otherwise I'd recommend the hell out of it to other people. An Isekai involving a brother and sister who have grown disillusioned with the world and have become shut-ins who only play games all day and night, and are practically the best players ever, and get sent to an Isekai world in which all conflict are resolved through games. Both sides bet something and the winner takes all. The fun from this show comes from the strategy of the MC's as they build-up to the game-winning plays in each face-off.

Numbers are placeholders for now and I'll probably add more shows, I'll edit later cause I don't want to rely on ERA's save functions for this much text in case it gets erased. Need to scrub my MAL list later.

Oh god I'm just realizing I'm shonen and Isekai trash.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
1. Ping Pong the Animation - Legitimately the perfect anime, storytelling, animation, great introduction, great and satisfying ending, doesn't outstay its welcome. It gets less attention then it deserves due to it being a sports show, but please, watch this show.
Was gonna watch this, but saw it's only streaming on Funimation. Guess I'll have to look into the free trial.

Interested in the manga release this summer, too.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
What a ridiculously good decade of anime. It felt bad to stop at 25, and there were countless other shows I liked that didn't quite measure up to these. This is all on top of the tons of anime I haven't watched yet from the decade that I've heard amazing things about (Vinland Saga, Hunter x Hunter, Girls Last Tour, Mob Psycho 100, Violet Evergarden, Ping Pong, Devilman Crybaby, etc, etc). I hope the 2020's are even half as good. It was hard for me to order my Top 3 in particular. I love all 3 of those series.
  1. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Series - I worked backwards on this list and it made me realize how many of these shows have great characters because this is another time where I just want to say "this cast is amazing." Well, it is. First season was stronger than the second, but the first was probably the best thing I've watched this decade.
  2. Monogatari Series - It almost feels odd to put the Monogatari series this high up considering some of the issues it has, but it just speaks to how undeniably great it is at the things it does well. This series has, for my money, the single best cast of characters the medium has ever seen and watching them grow over the course of the show is one of the best experiences I've had with fiction. Shaft elevates the strong writing to even greater heights with their wonderful directing.
  3. Mawaru Penguindrum - Ikuhara Pt 1 of the decade. I've probably rewatched this series more than any other this decade. It's just wonderful. This show made me laugh. It made me angry. It made me cry. Seeing the internet realize what this show was really about as it aired was a great time. I love this show.
  4. March Comes in like a Lion Series - I enjoyed Honey & Clover, so I was excited for March Comes in like a Lion, and it delivered more than I ever could've imagined. Incredibly emotional. Incredibly cozy. The shogi matches are enthralling. Kudos to the author for one-upping her previous, excellent work and kudos to Shaft for stepping out of their comfort zone and adapting it masterfully. This is a can't miss series.
  5. The Tatami Galaxy - There aren't many stories I've experience where the point really comes together at the end and I'm left feeling "Wow, I understand that and I resonate with this so much." Tatami Galaxy hit me pretty hard when I first watched it in my college days. Very quirky. Very engaging. Very... fast.
  6. Katanagatari - I really enjoy Nisio Isin's stories, as you can maybe guess from Monogatari Series being 2nd on my list. Katanagatari is yet another great entry from Nisio Isin, this time with a little less focus on characters (though the few who star in this are done well) and more focus on battling. Funny, unnerving, surprisingly emotional at times. It's a shame we'll never see the Medaka Box adaptation it deserves.
  7. Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - This is one of those anime I definitely wasn't expecting to enjoy as much as I did. I didn't have prior experience with the franchise, so the revival didn't mean a whole lot to me, but this is a wonderful story with some great sci-fi one-off episodes and a surprising amount of emotional impact during the course of its story.
  8. Nichijou - Funniest anime not named Gintama.
  9. Fate/Zero Series - I reckon this is the series that put the franchise on the map for a lot of people, and rightfully so because it's still the best thing it's seen. Kiritsugu is a great protagonist, ufotable did an amazing job with the animation and soundtrack here, and Gen Urobuchi put together an engaging story to serve as a prequel to the visual novel.
  10. Mushishi Series - I couldn't believe it when Mushishi, one of the best anime ever made, was coming back after almost 10 years to finish off the manga's story. Up there with the best supernatural slice-of-life anime ever made, these episodes did the series proud and it was as good as ever.
  11. Lupin III Series - I definitely would have never expected for Lupin III to be this high on my list before the decade began. Lupin III had an incredibly strong showing this decade. The Woman Called Fujiko Mine started it off with a wonderful new art style and Fujiko getting some great characterization I wasn't really expecting from this series. For me, the highlight came after this with the 2015 series, which delivered one of the best episode anime of the decade with, once again, a wonderful art style to support it. Part 5 was also a good showing later on, but it never did reach the heights of the previous two series. Really hoping we see more of this take on Lupin in the 2020's.
  12. Madoka Magica - This actually dropped down my rankings a bit when putting this together. Maybe I need to revisit the series. This series is one of the most relentless thrillers out there. Kept me dying to see what happened next while being emotionally draining all the while. The cast isn't the best, but it's a great story with a wonderful art style and some amazing direction by Shaft.
  13. Osomatsu-san Series - This ranking is based almost entirely off of the first season. Second season I think lacked something that made the first special, and the movie definitely did as well. This series was just one of the most creative comedies that was relentlessly cynical and hilarious. It can be a bit much to have a cast full of irredeemable dirtbags, but it really works quite well when it lands.
  14. Chihayafuru Series - Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Chihayafuru is probably my favorite sports anime, anchored by its surprisingly engaging display of karata, and one of the best casts of characters of the decade. This rose back up my rankings when it was brought back this season surprisingly after several years off and it didn't skip a beat.
  15. Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun - One of the funniest anime of the decade for sure. Makes sure to never take itself seriously. Any time you're worried it is, it isn't. Wonderfully funny cast. Maybe the anime I was most disappointed not to see a follow-up to this decade.
  16. Flip Flappers - Talk about a surprise. I went into Flip Flappers not expecting much. I was in for its colorful, imaginative art style, and I was treated to one of the best stories the medium saw the entire decade. Definitely recommend this one as I think it flew under the radar a bit when it aired.
  17. Humanity Has Declined - I'm a sucker for thoughtful episodic anime series of all varieties (comedy, tragedy, happy, sad), and this one delivers on all fronts. A hilarious comedy that frequently reminds you about how fucked we are. Definitely saw quite a bit of myself in the main character.
  18. Steins;Gate Series - This ranking is based solely on the original TV run of the anime, because I think 0 is terrible. Thankfully it's still easy to look at the original series on its own merits, which is a thriller that will keep your eyes glued to the screen in a 24 episode marathon session with one of the most memorable casts of characters of the decade.
  19. Usagi Drop - Wonderful, heartfelt story that was both emotional and fun. Thank god it stops when it does.
  20. Yuri Kuma Arashi - Ikuhara Pt 2 of the decade. I wasn't too sold on Yurikuma Arashi early on in its airing, but it just gets better and better and I loved it by the end. Didn't want to see it end. I think this show could've used some room to breathe like Mawaru Penguindrum had (12 episodes vs 24), but it was more of the masterful messaging, quirkiness, and emotion we come to expect from Ikuhara.
  21. Silver Spoon Series - I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw this anime coming. "Oh it's a farming school slice-of-life from the FMA creator... weird." Turns out she's really damn good at writing heartfelt slice-of-life comedies as well as action adventure series.
  22. InuYasha: The Final Act - This series is basically a window into the potential of this series if it didn't meander for so damn long in its original run. I always had a soft spot for this world and these characters. Seeing that fondness backed up with a legitimately great stretch of 25 episodes or so felt so good. The best stretch of episodes the series had seen since the original 26.
  23. Gintama Series - Gintama would be in contention for #1 on a 2000's list, but for 2010's it didn't really impact me quite the same way with the larger emphasis on hit-and-miss serious action story arcs. Still hilarious, though.
  24. Erased - This is one of those rare thrillers that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time, similar to Steins;Gate and Madoka Magica above. Couldn't wait to see what happened the next episode. Had to stop myself from looking ahead in the manga. I don't think the anime sticks the landing, unfortunately, but the journey was too strong to deny.
  25. Natsume's Book of Friends Series - This show would've been higher on my list if this were a 2000's list because I think the first two seasons were strongest, but this series was still strong into the 2010's. One of the most effortlessly emotional anime around, just not quite as much so in the 2010's. Also one of my favorite soundtracks to pretty much anything.
Honorable Mentions: Kiznaiver, ReLIFE, The Eccentric Family, Saekano, Tiger & Bunny, The Promised Neverland, Demon Slayer

KevdotL

Oct 25, 2017
Anime TV Series

1. Ping Pong the Animation
2. Hunter x Hunter
3. Haikyu!!
4. March Come like a Lion
5. Steins; Gate
6. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
7. Chihayafuru
8. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
9. Fate/Zero
10. Monogatari Series
11. Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-
12. Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
13. Attack on Titan
14. The Tatami Galaxy
15. Made in Abyss
16. Violet Evergarden
17. Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
18. Mob Pyscho 100
19. Sound! Euphonium
20. Bakuman.
21. My Hero Academia
22. Psycho-Pass
23. Your Lie in April
24. Tsukigakirei
25. A Lull in the Sea

HM: Girls Last Tour, Interviews With Monster Girls, Noragami, Sword Art Online, and Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku

Anime Movie/OVA Series
1. Your Name.
2. A Silent Voice
3. Kizumonogatari Series
4. I want to eat your pancreas
5. Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms
6. Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel
7. Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion
8. Penguin Highway
9. Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale-
10. The Anthem of the Heart

HM: Tamako Market Movie

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Shirobako is the only right answer.

This will honestly be really tough. There was a ton of great stuff this past decade. Guess its time to binge watch some old faves.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anime TV Series
1. Hunter x Hunter (2011) - The pinnacle of shonen anime
2. March Comes in Like a Lion - Masterpiece. Please make more :)
3. Penguindrum - My second favorite Ikuhara series of the ones I've watched
4. Mob Psycho 100 - top notch animation, really creative visuals, great fight sequences, and fun characters
5. The Tatami Galaxy - Yuasa is a great director and it's my favorite work from his
6. Katanagatari - It's like Monogatari but without the baggage
7. Ping Pong the Animation - It's good
8. Monogatari Series - Has a whole lot of baggage, but there's some incredible stuff in there
9. Gintama - Probably the funniest anime I've ever seen, yet still does the series arcs better than most shonen
10. Haikyu!! - The most hype games of volleyball you'll see
11. Attack on Titan - The turnaround this show had was something else. If it sticks the landing it can end up as an all time great
12. Space Dandy - Best Watanabe show
13. Space Yamato 2199 - If you like Space Operas, you should watch this
14. Kyousougiga - Fun as hell and extremely underrated. Put Rie Matsumoto on the map for me
15. Sarazanmai - Ikuhara's latest show. Probably his weakest of the bunch I've seen, but still great enough to make it this high
16. Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! - Currently my favorite show to end the decade. If you are a bit interested in the animation process of making an anime, you should watch this
17. Land of the Lustrous - This show made me a bit more hopeful for CG in anime. It has some wonderful direction, a really great soundtrack, and a world that I was completely fascinated by
18. Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju - Fantastic show that gets a little soured by details of its ending
19. Fate/Zero - The only good FATE thing
20. Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Extremely promising start that I can see becoming one of my favorites if it continues to get better and better
21. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Series - Part 4 is a big favorite of mine, but the other parts can be a bit more hit or miss. Still, the series is very fun and isn't afraid to mix things up
22. Blood Blockade Battlefront - it has the best anime ED ever
23. BEASTARS - Studio Orange proving once again how great CG anime can be. The show has great cinematography and the characters are extremely emotive, which really holds everything together as the show is trying to do a lot. At some points it's a slice of life, murder mystery, romance, action thriller... it goes all over the place and it somehow works
24. VINLAND SAGA - I really enjoyed this and I can't think of a recent series that left me wanting more as much as this one did. The characters are so interesting and charismatic that the show almost makes you forget that they are complete garbage people. I could see this becoming WIT Studios next big hit after Attack on Titan finishes
25. KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world! - I enjoy the adventures of these dumbasses

Anime Movie/OVA Series
1. The Tale of The Princess Kaguya - Ghibli's swan song
2. The Night is Short, Walk on Girl - This movie was a joy to watch. If you liked Tatami Galaxy, you should definitely watch this
3. Wolf Children - Mamoru Hosoda's best, with Summer Wars being a possible contender if it didn't just barely miss this decade
4. A Silent Voice - This movie was pretty damn hard to watch at times, but I can't say I wasn't engaged the whole time
5. In This Corner of the World - Great wartime drama that felt a little undercooked in spots, thought here is a longer cut that I haven't had a chance to watch yet. Would still recommend regardless
6. Mirai - It was pretty sweet
7. Your Name. - Finally a Shinkai movie that is pretty good
8. Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms - Pretty ambitious movie that doesn't quite hit the mark, but still pretty impressive nonetheless
9. The Wind Rises - Kinda boring at points, but still a quality movie
10. Lu Over the Wall - Has a lot of charm, though a little shallow

Last edited:

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
1. Mob Psycho 100 - For me, Mob Psycho 100 towers so far above anything else made in this decade that I'm honestly not even sure how it's possible that it exists. The animation quality is simply on another level, with easily the best looking action scenes in the business. Together with an absolutely perfect artstyle the show simply looks like nothing else out there.

In addition to this, the writing is also incredible, and manages to avoid or even actively subvert pretty much every negative anime trope I can think of.

2. MAGICAL CIRCLE GURU-GURU - For anyone who complains that anime just isn't as good as it was in the 80s, here's a show for you. As it's literally a remake of an 80s anime. And if the quality of this remake is anything to go by, one of the best 80s anime at that.

It's just so incredibly sweet and so incredibly funny that it very quickly became my favourite show of its year, as well as one of the best of the decade. And, unlike a lot similar shows, I really appreciate that it tells a complete and self contained story, all within 24 episodes.

3. Land of the Lustrous - Land of the Lustrous is a show that single handedly changed my mind on CG anime. It turns out it can actually look good, even on a limited budget, as long as you have people that know how to use it well. In adition to the great visuals, it also has one of my favorite protagonists in the media that is such a brilliant subversion of the traditional shounen protagonist.

4. Ping Pong the Animation - Pretty much the best sports anime ever made, and easily the crowning achievement of its director Yuasa. It manages to combine his distinct, stylized artstyle with some incredible storytelling and character writing. Plus, since it's only a single season long, it makes for very brisk viewing.

5. Space Dandy - Space Dandy is such an incredible love letter to animation. The core concept is incredibly simple: assemble an all-star team of anime directors, storyboarders and writers, then give each of them a single episode to do whatever they want. And the result is an incredible anthology of animation work that's pretty much a showcase for a bunch of incredible talent working in the industry.

True, the nature of the show means that not all episodes are going to appeal to everyone, and some of them do feel worse than others. But on the whole, the entire package is still way more on the positive side of things, and some standout episodes are some of the best in the medium.

6. KONOSUBA - God's blessing on this wonderful world! 2 - Isekai shows are dime a dozen this days, and most of them do kind of suck. But Konosuba is the one big exception. It's just incredibly funny, really. Not much else to say here.

7. Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Anime adaptations of fan-favourite manga usually tend to be massive disappointments. So when it was announced that Kaguya-sama, one of the best manga currently being serialized was getting an anime adaptation, I was prepared for the worst. Thankfully, those fears turned out to be unwarranted: Kaguya-sama: Love is War is an incredible adaptation, and one of those rare few that actually manages to make the source material better. Which is incredible when you consider just how good that material already was.

As for the story itself, it's basically an anime romantic comedy done right. The jokes all land, the characters are all great, and the romance actually doesn't suck. The biggest flaw of it as of this moment is that with only a single season worth of material, the story it's telling is very incomplete. Thankfully a second season has already been announced, which should fix this issue.

8. Attack on Titan - Easily the best standard adventure/battle shounen currently available, if not of all time. Mainly because unlike most of its competitors, the story here has actually been thought about in advance instead of the author just making up stuff as he goes along, leading to a world and characters that all feel real and interesting. Add to that some incredibly visuals that perfectly blend 2D and 3D animation techniques, as well as an incredibly hype OST, and you get a top 10 anime of the year.

9. Gintama - If I was considering Gintama as a whole, it would probably be on the top of this list. There simply hasn't been anything else that would make me laugh nearly as much as this show, and the absolute gigantic amount of content makes the fact that it can consistently land its jokes even more impressive.

Sadly, the post 2010 content isn't quite as consistently great as the earlier parts of the show, and is bogged down too much by standard action-shounen styled episodes that trade humor for more serious character development. and while these episodes are still okay, they aren't really what I come to Gintama for.

10. From the New World - When it comes to sci-fi anime, almost all of it is just basically space fantasy with either giant robots, laser battles, lightsabers, and stuff like that. And while there's nothing wrong with that, I find there's a severe lack of more thoughtful, hard-ish science fiction shows around that would actually capture the feelings I get when reading more concept focused science fiction literature.

Particularly in this decade, From the New World is the only show I can think of that fits this criteria. I guess it helps that it was adapted from an actual book. And being that sci-fi like that is one of my favourite genres, that's enough to give it a place on this list.

11. Concrete Revolutio - When it comes to anime set in historical Japan, there's pretty much only one period you're going to get: Sengoku period Japan. And while samurai are cool and all, there's so much history that's left completely unexplored.

Concrete Revolutio manages to fill some of that gap by being the only anime I've seen to focus on the history of post-WW2 Japan, casting a wide net over events that are probably completely unknown to westerners today.

And it's all wrapped up in a pretty interesting superhero story told in non-linear fashion, and topped off with great animation and a distinct visual style.

12. Barakamon - Barakamon fits into the niche of shows about an older adult having to raise a child by himself despite no prior experience. A niche that has pretty much grown into its own genre throughout the years. But out of all those shows, Barakamon easily stands out. First, because it's completely 100% not creepy, unlike pretty much everything else out there. And second, because the child characters are actually sweet instead of annoying, which is helped massively by the fact that they're voiced by real children instead of adults trying to sound cute. An so, alltogether, you actually get a sweet tale of personal growth and family executed to perfection.

13. Gundam Build Fighters - So Gundam Build Fighters is pretty much just a toy commercial. I mean, all anime are when you get down to it, but few are as shameless about it to actually include an entire episode about its characters going on about how great the toys the show is selling are.

And yet despite that, everything in this show just works. It's so earnest, so full of joy, and also filled with incredible mecha action. And while it's a huge loveletter to the Gundam franchise, I actually found it to be very enjoyable on its own, even with very minimal knowledge of the rest of the franchise.

14. Kyousogiga - An absolute showcase of great direction and visuals, even if the story itself is kind of too opaque to really stand out.

15. One-Punch Man - On one hand, the first season of this has some of the best fights and action animation in the medium. But on the other hand, the writing is kind of one-note and the second season really sucks. Still, I'm a sucker for good looking fight scenes, and the first season has enough of those to put this on the list.

16. Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun - Nozaki-kun is kind of like Kaguya, in that it's one of the few romantic comedies that actually works. And like Kaguya, Nozaki-kun is a huge improvement on the source material, although in this case that material was kind of weak to begin with.

17. Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju - Like Concrete Revolutio, Rakugo gives its viewers a look into a unique piece of Japanese history and culture that is rarely seen anywhere else. And in addition to that, it manages to tell a really compelling story focused on just talking, which is no small feat. Sadly, it kind of really falls apart later on, so it places lower on this list than it should have if the writers just knew how to show some restraint.

18. The Tatami Galaxy - Made by the same director as Ping Pong, and as such shares its visual brilliance, but with a story that starts out incredibly well only to find itself spinning its wheels for most of the second half.

19. Humanity Has Declined - Definitely one of the most unique comady shows I've seen, and one that isn't affraid to tackle dark humor or satire. th ehumor really worked for me, and the show has a very pleasant look to it overall

20. Garo: The Animation - Just a really, really well made action show that manages to pull of dark medieval fantasy without feeling overly edgy. It sadly takes a while to get going, but once its second half is easily at the top of the genre.

21. SHIROBAKO - Just such an earnest love-letter to the animation industry form the people working in it that manages to contain quite a bit of educational content, even if it is extremely sugar-coated at points.

22. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - It has its ups and downs, both in terms of writing and in terms of the visuals. But when it comes to long running battle shounen, JoJo is so clearly at the top of the list, and the only one I could actually keep watching for an extended period of time.

23. HAIKYU!! - Haikyu is the epitome of a show that is exceedingly generic, but also exceedingly well done. It's basically a show that makes the entire shounen sports genre pretty much irrelevant, because everything else just feels like a pale imitation.

24. Penguindrum - Taken as a whole, this is probably the most well put together Ikuhara show I've seen. While it doesn't quite have the incredible direction and music of Utena, it actually manages to tell a somewhat coherent story, and the director's unique style certainly helps it stand out from the rest.

25. A Place Further Than the Universe - A perfect blend of cutesy slice of life and emotional storytelling that far surpassed my initial expectations for it. Plus, it manages to feel entirely pandering-free, which is a real rarity in shows featuring an exclusively female cast.

Movies
1. Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms - I didn't really watch a ton of movies released this decade, and out of the ones I did a bunch were kind of bad anyway. So at first I wasn't even really sure if I should even bother making a movie list.

Maquia is the reason I decided to make one. It's just such an well put together movie, with an incredibly touching story about motherhood, family, and growing old, bolstered by an incredible looking fantasy world and top tier animation. Plus, I'm a big fan of stories where time actually passes and you get to see characters slowly get older, and stories with a melancholy bent to them. Maquia has both of these in spades.

2. Kizumonogatari - The Monogatari series is a really weird mix of bad and good. Mostly bad, to be honest. But when it's good, it's really good, and the Kizumonogatari movies are definitely the highlight of the entire franchise, thanks to ther incredibly overindulgent visuals that aren't afraid to embrace the cartoony nature of animation.

3. The Garden of Words - This is to me still the best Makoto Shinkai movie I've seen, and by a decently big margin. Like I said with Maquia, melancholy athmospheres are something I really like, and Shinkai manages to create this wonderfully with his rainy backdrops. Plus, at only about 40 minutes, the movie never feels like it drags on for too long.

4. Little Witch Academia - Speaking of pacing, Little Witch Academia is another great example of a work that knows how to not overstay its welcome. Like the rather middling serialized continuation showed, there's really not enough content here to justify a long running time. But as a short, standalone work, it manages to tell a perfectly uncomplicated sotry bolstered by great visuals and a really good sense of pacing.

5. Garo: Divine Flame - I liked the Garo show, and the movie is a pretty decent continuation of it, even if it mostly exists as an excuse to set up a bunch of really good looking fightscenes.

6. Girls und Panzer der Film - This is similar to the above, in that it's retty much exactly what a sequel to an anime show should be like: just more of the same, but with a bigger budget.

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Person of exquisitely good taste detected.

2. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - The Count of Monte Cristo is obviously a great book, and this anime adaptation is a surprisingly good alternate take/retelling of it, despite taking place in the future. It also manages to stand out thanks to its completely unique visual style, incredible character designs, as well as very strong acting performances.
This is 2004/2005 show no ?

Props for Guru Guru !

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Anime TV Series
1. Hidamari Sketch Series - One of the best slice of life series with new characters added in the seasons released in this decade. Sae & Hiro's Graduation Arc US release when though?
2. Aria Series - The new Avvenire series OVAs manages to to feel like a natural (heh...) continuation of the rest of the series and the last episode manages to deal with Athena beautifully.
3. Non Non Biyori Series - Heartwarming slice of life series set in the country.
4. Steins;Gate - Great show with twists and turns. Need to play the actual game sometime too :P
5. Your Lie in April - One of the best sad shows this decade, even with some of the out of place comedy bits...
6. K-On Series - The show manages to elevate the original manga series to something really special.
7. Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day - Another great sad show.
8. Flying Witch - Another comfy slice of life show.
9. D-Frag! - The best comedy show.
10. Kinmoza! Series - Funny both when they try and sometimes also because of the Engrish :P
11. Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Something something deconstruction. Often imitated, but still the best.
12. Yuyushiki - Season 2 when?
13. The Future Diary - Yuno is love, Yuno is life.
14. Silver Spoon Series - Who knew a show about farming school could be this funny.
15. The Eccentric Family Series - Magical show about tanuki living in Kyoto.
16. Girls und Panzer Series - Who knew a show about tanks could be this fun.
17. Shirobako - Fun and educational show about the anime industry itself.
18. The Idolmaster - More realistic than Love Live, and a better show because of it.
19. Love Live! Series - The OG series is the best, even with weaker 3D dancing scenes.
20. Love Live! Sunshine!! Series - First season is a re-thread of the first series, but it does it's own thing in the second. Better 3D dancing scenes, but worse overall.
21. Sound! Euphonium Series - Another great Kyoto Animation show.
22. Encouragement of Climb Series - The best short show.
23. Nichijou - My Ordinary Life - Some duds, but more hits than misses with the comedy. Really great animation too.
24. Watamote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys Fault I'm Not Popular! - Probably the best show of the one with the super long titles.
25. Chronicles of the Going Home Club - Underrated show, so it makes the list.

Series I should have watched that I've not gotten around to yet and might have made the list:
Laid-Back Camp, A Place Further Than the Universe, March Comes in Like a Lion, Erased, Violet Evergarden

Anime Movie/OVAs
1. A Silent Voice - Emotional and often heartbreaking movie. A must watch.
2. Wolf Children - Hosoda's best movie yet.
3. Your Name - Shinkai's best movie yet.
4. Girls und Panzer der Film - More tankery fun.
5. ‎K-On! The Movie - Great movie after watching the show.
6. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - Great movie after watching the show.
7. The Garden of Words - Another good Shinkai movie.
8. The Tale of the Princess Kaguya - The best Ghibli movie this decade.

Movies I should have watched that I've not gotten around to yet and might have made the list:
Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms, Liz and the Blue Bird

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to somehow come up with 10 movies before I got 25 shows I wanted to put up. Man, I guess I don't want enough of what is considering "truly great" haha.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Wow when I started forming my list it made it really hard to get it down to 25 TV spots. This is a really tough one to figure out, I don't even necessarily think my top 5 need to be in order either.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Anime TV Series

1. FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Absolutely brilliant to see the manga come to life, although it is still a shame there is no 'full' version of Brotherhood which includes a reworked version of the stuff it shared with the original series.
2. Attack on Titan - The most influential series of the decade. Everyone is talking about it, and it really deserves it.
3. Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Amazing mystery show.
4. Highschool of the Dead - Quite a fun take on the zombie genre, and a shame it didn't continue after that initial season.
5. Death Parade - Fun little mystery show, even if maybe the OVA was better than the show in the end.

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
1: One punch man season 1
2: Demon slayer(Kimetsu no yaiba)
3:Saranzami
4:Given

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk
k1vwAS2.gif

Chet Rippo

Oct 26, 2017
TV Anime
  1. K-ON! series
  2. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
  3. Nichijou
  4. Hyouka
  5. Tamako Market
Anime Movies
  1. K-On! The Movie
  2. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
  3. Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms

This is a lot harder to do then I thought...

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Gotta get started on this...

TV Series

1. March Comes in Like a Lion: There is no other anime from the 2010's that has affected me so profoundly. Sangatsu's depictions of depression, loneliness and bullying hit a massive nerve within me. I found myself relating to a fictional story in ways I never had before. I saw myself in Rei, in the ups and downs of depression, in the happiness of seeing someone fight against an injustice and, most of all, in that warm surreal feeling of realising you have friends that like you. Sangatsu both hurt me and healed me.
  2. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: You won't find a shonen better than FMA. Amazing story, action, design, music, intrigue and characters, including a multitude of well written female characters. FMA is what other shonen wish they could be.
  3. Mushi-shi: Art. Mushishi is a masterpiece of art and sound design in motion. It's an anime to be savoured and mediated on.
  4. Chihayafuru: The undisputed Queen of sports anime. Chihayafuru is full of heart, with one of the best OST in anime and a huge cast of wonderful characters. Despite the poetry snap concept, karuta is edge-of-your-seat entertainment.
  5. Showa Genroku Rakugou Shinjuu: The life and times of Yakumo, a Rakugou performer, is one of anime's all time greatest dramas. A masterclass in voice acting performance is on display throughout, and it's backed up by stunning visuals and soundtrack The shinsengami performance still gives me chills.
  6. Orange: Orange sets out to tackle a subject few anime care to treat with the respect and sensitivity it deserves - suicide. It does so with love and without victim blaming and with a sense of desperation. Orange shows that long after the attempt, the sufferer still needs support and care. I really loved this anime.
  7. Steins;Gate: The best time travel story in years. Love the characters and art design.
  8. Nichijou: The perfect anime comedy. Pretty sweet at times too.
  9. Mawaru Penguindrum: Ikuhara goes all out with the symbolism in this one but never loses sight of what's most important in this series - 4 very sad, very lonely kids.
  10. Hunter x Hunter: A meandering journey at times, but always engaging. Spins the shonen tropes on their head.
  11. A Place Further Than the Universe: Life-affirming as well as being utterly devastating. Bring the tissues.
  12. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.: Gets progressively funnier as the series goes on. The payoff of long running gags is hilarious.
  13. Fruits Basket (2019): A pretty flawless adaptation so far of one my favourite manga. Only reason it isn't higher is because the best content is yet to come.
  14. Yona of the Dawn: Absolutely criminal we haven't had a second season is this. YotD is the kind of shojou/josei content I crave. "Swords and Sandals" at its finest.
  15. One Piece: Whole Cake Island arc alone is worth a spot as the best of the decade
  16. My Love Story!!: Absolutely the sweetest romcom of the decade.
  17. Baby Steps: A sports anime that crept up on me. Eichiiro's storey from scrub to dreaming of becoming pro is thoroughly entertaining.
  18. Gintama: The most comfort-show shonen out there. I love how big this series' heart is.
  19. Erased: A hell of a rollercoaster. The ending might not live up to the hype but as a whole this is a fantastic thriller
  20. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: Some scummy mercenary kids against the galaxy. Some damn fine Gundam.
  21. Puella Magi Madoka Magica: What hasn't been said about this modern classic? Excellent.
  22. Fullmetal Panic! Invisible Victory: I still can't believe we got another season of FMP. Ended up being great Mecha fun, even when it was devastating. That end!! 😭
  23. Hanebado!!: Yesssssss. Give me more angry girl sports anime. That JoJo level finale was outstanding.
  24. Usagi Drop: Single dad shenanigans. DON'T READ THE MANGA.
  25. Snow White With the Red Hair: Just a really solid adaptation of the Snow White fable.
Movies:
  1. A Silent Voice: The absolute stand-out movie of the decade. It's about disability, depression and bullying; you know that means it's going to hit like a brick to the head. An ultimately happy end but good grief, bring 12 boxes of tissues.
  2. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya: The Melancholy is one of my favourite series of all time. This movie cements the series as a class above the rest. There is nothing like the payoff this movie gives to the two seasons of anime that aired before. Every other tie-in film is now held to the standard The Disappearance set.
  3. From Up on Poppy Hill: A beautiful Ghibli film about youth and coming of age. The 'Sukiyaki' sequence is nostalgic and gorgeous.
  4. Your Name: The darling of the decade. Basically everyone loved this film and it's not hard to see why. Lush animation, great music and a fun story make for an enjoyable and widely appealing film.

GOD THAT WAS SO HARD.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019
I was not particularly as active in watching anime this decade as I was compared to last decade, so probably the first half or probably the top 15 are solid entries for me and I have watched them multiple times, while the rest are still good but I only watched once, for me the re-watchability factor is a big deal, if i can't watch it more than once of if I don't have a desire to watch it again, it's just not as good as the others... I probably will add more write-up later and the order might change,, also there are a lot of anime that are on my watchlist but I'm so busy that I haven't yet, if you guys have anything to recommend that are really good and must-watch please let me know, and hopefully I can watch and add them

TV Series

1. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
  2. Steins;Gate
  3. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
  4. Kimi ni Todoke
  5. Your Lie in April
  6. Run with the Wind
  7. A Place futher than the Universe
  8. Barakamon
  9. Chihayafuru
  10. Carole and Tuesday
  11. ReLIFE
  12. Showa Genroku Rakugou Shinjuu
  13. Anohana
  14. Kids on the Slope
  15. The Devil is a Part-Timer
  16. Ping-Pong the animation
  17. My Hero Academia
  18. Dororo
  19. Darker than Black
  20. Made in Abyss
  21. Silver Spoon
  22. Kaichou wa Maid Sama
  23. Food Wars
  24. Snow White with Red Hair
  25. Laid-back camp
Honorable mentions: Golden Kamuy, Yona of the Dawn, Yowamushi Pedal, Seven Deadly Sins, Attack on Titan

Movies

1. Your Name
  2. The Wind Rises

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Printer Paper 8 X 11 The movies section allows for short movies as well, right? So people could vote for stuff like ME!ME!ME! or 20min Walk From Nishi-Ogikubo Station, 2 Bedrooms, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, 2mos Deposit, No Pets Allowed if they wanted to?

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
  1. Nichijou - Its become my high watermark for comedic anime. Which is my favourite kind of anime.
  2. Gintama - The series that got me back into anime after not watching any for well over a decade. Also the reason I paid for Crunchyroll simulcast. I can honestly say without Gintama I am not watching Anime and definitely not posting in this list.
  3. Mushishi - Zoku Shou was the season I stated with. Watching it is like meditating.
  4. Mr Osomatsu - This hit exactly when I needed to. It's only not higher on the list because each season has a number of dud episodes.
  5. Kids on the Slope - The show captured the feelings of late adolescence incredibly well.
  6. Mob Psycho 100 - great cast of characters fantastically funny, amazing animation.
  7. And Yet the Town Moves – chill and funny
  8. Aggrestuko – well written workplace comedy.
  9. Natsume's Book of Friends - So relaxing with just enough plot to keep me invested.
  10. Hyouka – Mystery slice of life relaxation.
  11. March Comes in Like a Lion - Its melodrama but it works.
  12. Hinamatsuri - What a dumb fun show.
  13. One Punch Man - This would be a hell of a lot closer to the top if it hadn't been for that lousy second season.
  14. A Place Further Than the Universe – perfect mix of girls doing things and feels? Maybe.
  15. Devilman Crybaby - a fever dream of a show.
  16. Showa Genroku Rakugou Shinjuu - its pure melodrama but it's crazy how much I enjoy listening to the Rakugou when I don't understand it.
  17. Noragami – Small gods trying to get by.
  18. Sakura Quest – Women doing work things, while also being cute.
  19. Space Brothers – fun and heart-warming
  20. Chio's School Road – I'm a sucker for Chiaki Omigawa
  21. Peeping Life TV – Just classic anime characters riffing.
  22. Oh Maidens in your Savage Season – The more I think back on it the more I like it.
  23. The Daily Lives Of High School Boys it's like comedy/slice of life anime but with boys.
  24. Drifters – the only good isekai, when the fuck will it return.
  25. Ge Ge Ge No Kitaro – It's a kids show and it feels like it, but damn if it doesn't go to some interesting places.
Honourable mention:
Pop Team Epic – Loved the jokes, hated the format. They should have just made shorts or done a half season.

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I feel obligated to do a couple at the very least.

1. K-On!! - the franchise that pretty much got me into anime again.
2. Gintama - which would become one of my favourite comedies of all time.
3. Yamato 2199 - because you can reboot a franchise and still make good scifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.