• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

ResetEra Anniversary Newsletter

Dec 19, 2017
Congrats, and thanks for allowing me to be a member of this community.

I'm kinda ambivalent about 2.0 to be honest, but let's see how it goes...

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
A plea regarding "Era 2.0":

Please consider abandoning this idea of having to "surprise" everyone with something epic and unexpected. It won't work, people will still be upset and confused and, most of all, will have a ton of other ideas you didn't think of. You guys don't need to impress and shock news outlets or stakeholders. You just need to work with your Community to make everyone happy.

So please consider that, instead of repeating the last redesign theatrics. Show early updates, mock-ups and designs and accept help and input from the community instead of making a big secret out of everything.

We're all on the same side here, there's no need for PR tactics.
Thanks guys.

Oct 27, 2017
happy birthday
i love this soul-less, emoji-less, text-only community
please allow emojis

as for era 2.0, i'm so used to darkEra and i literally see nothing wrong with it, i hope it never gets removed.

Oct 25, 2017
And what a great year it's been. I feel Era has come a long way, and grown into its own great community.
Here's to many more years ahead of us.

Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Happy birthday resetera.

I usually don't visist EtcetEra, so I miss the awesome threads like the highlighted ones. Maybe I should pay it a visit more often, some are really inspirational.

Oct 25, 2017
UK
psnprofiles.com
A plea regarding "Era 2.0":

Please consider abandoning this idea of having to "surprise" everyone with something epic and unexpected. It won't work, people will still be upset and confused and, most of all, will have a ton of other ideas you didn't think of. You guys don't need to impress and shock news outlets or stakeholders. You just need to work with your Community to make everyone happy.

So please consider that, instead of repeating the last redesign theatrics. Show early updates, mock-ups and designs and accept help and input from the community instead of making a big secret out of everything.

We're all on the same side here, there's no need for PR tactics.
Thanks guys.
Great post

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've been on Era for a lot longer than a year, but I think that's mostly just a testament to how thorough the transition was. Bringing such a huge percentage of the community over (eight thousand registrees in the first day and 30,000 in like the first week) was remarkable. The events of those several days last October definitely stand out prominently in my memory, despite 2018 feeling like it's gone on forever. I'm still incredibly grateful to JershJopstin, Knuckle Sandwich, and skittzo0413 for taking the lead in helping so many of us who weren't part of any community Discords get verified, and to the mods and community on Slaent for sheltering us in the interim. Big thanks to everyone who got this place set up and keeps it running, too. The past year has been one of the best since I first became active in this community in 2012, and I look forward to many more with everyone here!
Aww ty. It was a fun couple days lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Oh wow I was not expecting a mention here.

Happy anniversary all, and again thanks for all the love and support while I had Powerhouse.

In light of the occasion, I told Powermouse about his legacy tonight. He didn't seem particularly moved, and went back to licking Run The Jewels' back:

I had no clue about the entire Powerhouse saga (I don't frequent EtcetEra), but I wanted to commend and thank you for your efforts, and sorry for your loss. My SO and I are both huge animal lovers (our efforts here). We're among the few that find pet rats cute, and we'd probably have done the same thing as you.

We had a similar experience with a baby sparrow that must have fallen out of a nest. Despite our best, informed efforts, he didn't survive either; I was traumatized for a week. :(

Nov 15, 2017
I will never forget the insanity of that January Nintendo Direct thread, especially once Nintendo posted the flaming Chibi-Robo. Insanity, and I loved every minute of it.

Happy anniversary, Resetera!

Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Happy Birthday. I've not had time to post much of late, but I still read Era religiosly. I love this place. I love the culture of the forum, and the people who post here. Every thread feels eminently safe and sane; and I strongly feel the community has more than lived up to the ideals that originally motivated its inception.

So admins, staff, mods, members - thanks for making Era what it is. It's a genuine privilege to be a part of this thing we made together.

Oct 26, 2017
Caldicot, South Wales
Unbelievable that it's been 1 year already. Happy Anniversary to everyone at ResetERA. Have to thank all those hard working people behind the scenes who have made this site possible, and have continued to improve things for the better. Lovely recap for the past year, glad to here than Talal is getting healthier by the day and is in remission.

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been very active on the boards much due to IRL stuff, but man can't believe it's been a year and only a year at the same time. Still remember waiting around in Discord for Morrigan with the go ahead to register. Happy Anniversary Era!