ResetEra April 2018 Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Foreword

Welcome the ResetEra April 2018 Newsletter. We are now one month away from E3. As such, we've got two big items to cover this month: a major site update and our E3 plans.

New Site Design Incoming

We dropped some small hints about this in our last newsletter, but we're now pleased to officially announce that the forthcoming ResetEra 1.4 update will include a brand new site design of our own creation. Introducing DayEra and NightEra!

Over the past few months these themes have been a labor of love for our team. We're quite pleased with what we've been able to achieve, and we hope that you will be too. As these designs have been built from scratch there will likely be the usual bugs and wrinkles to smooth over after launch -- but if you don't like the new themes, don't worry! LightEra and DarkEra, your current options, will still be available if you choose.

Look forward to more details and the full public release of DayEra and NightEra later in the month of May.

E3 Plans

This year we'll be doing things as the community is accustomed to. There will be a Conference and Livesteam Schedule Thread pinned a few days before the event kickoff, reiterating the same points listed here:
  • Conference threads will be pinned an hour before the conferences and unlocked fifteen minutes before the conference or the pre-show.
  • The conference threads should have at most two images, with a countdown clock, a link to at least one livestream, a link to at least one liveblog, and a list of games known and rumored to be shown.
  • Creators for each conference thread will be determined over the coming month. Please do not send any PMs asking to be selected for this.
  • GIFs within the first 100 posts of each thread will be deleted. We want people to be able to pull up the first page of the thread on their phones without killing their mobile data.
If you have any concerns, questions, or suggestions about this, please send a PM to the community manager, SweetNicole, directly. Thanks.

Mod Team Update

Due to long term availability issues, Rowlf has stepped down from the position of Mod Captain but will remain on the team to assist when he can. Stepping up to assume the important responsibilities as Administrator and Mod Captain is Hecht, a tireless worker with enduring dedication to the community. You may have seen him playing this new role already.

We are confident that between our captains Hecht and Selina, the moderation team will continue to enjoy strong leadership.

In this month of April we also added one new moderator to the team, a member well known for his generous giveaways and passion for horror games. Please give a warm welcome to Dusk Golem!

As always you can view the up to date staff roster here.

Q&Era Update

During the month of April, we had one Q&ERA. It was with Insomniac Games, who discussed Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Sunset Overdrive, Spyro and more by answering your submitted questions.

In 1994, Insomniac Games was founded by Ted Price in Burbank, California. The company is responsible for critically acclaimed titles such as Ratchet & Clank, Sunset Overdrive, Resistance, Spyro the Dragon, and Song of the Deep. Insomniac is currently working on "Spider-Man" exclusively for PlayStation 4. As an independent company, Insomniac has released titles for all four PlayStation home consoles, as well as Xbox 360 and Xbox One. In 2015, IGN named Insomniac the 20th best video game developer of all time. In 2017, Fortune listed Insomniac as one of the best workplaces among small/medium organizations.

You can read the full Q&Era in its entirety here.

New Game Releases

Below is a list of new game releases for the month of April that have |OT|s on ResetEra. If there is a game that released in April and has a new |OT| that was made this month that needs to be added to the list, reply to this thread with the name of the game, the link to the |OT| and tag SweetNicole.
Video Game Community Spotlights

Below are our community spotlights for the Video Games section during the month of April.
EtcetEra Community Spotlights

Below are our community spotlights for the EtcetEra section during the month of April.
Conclusion

We'll have more information about our 1.4 update and DayEra/NightEra coming your way soon. And remember, April showers bring May flowers. Have a great May!

Thanks for being the best community on the internet!

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the Day and Night designs don't have the weird problem when quoting and text is the opposite color, making it hard to read, but other than that I'm excited!

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Day and Night designs don't have the weird problem when quoting and text is the opposite color, making it hard to read, but other than that I'm excited!
Isn't that usually due to someone setting the colour of their text to black or white (depending on their theme) rather than erasing the formatting.

Oct 25, 2017
Reset Days Era Nights.

I am going to live in perpetual darkness. I hope we can start a war between day and night era.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I like the idea of not having GIFs in the first 100 posts in the E3 threads. User-friendly.

Looking forward to seeing the new re-design. :)

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands, Spain
It would be nice to have a button that directly switches between NightERA and DayERA. I know there's already something similar, but I mean a toggle that works with 1 press. It would be nice to quickly switch to DayERA when I'm using my phone in direct sunlight, that's the only situation in where I use "day" themes for apps/websites :)

Oct 25, 2017
England
"GIFs within the first 100 posts of each thread will be deleted. We want people to be able to pull up the first page of the thread on their phones without killing their mobile data."

Thank you Reset, thank you so much. I've wanted something like this since I used to use the GameTrailers forums.

Edge

Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Will "Night" have finally real black so that it's really, seriously useful at night when I am in the forum with my Super AMOLED phone? (Super AMOLED deactivates the panel everywhere where it's black so it not only saves a lot of battery it's also better for the eyes)

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Resending the alert out as it failed to reach every user the first time. Apologies if you get it twice.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
While my shit mobile plan is happy with the gif deleted thing, does that mean that we can have threads dedicated to the gifs?

Because gifs are needed for the full e3 experience

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of work you guys put into the site is staggering. Super excited for the new themes and for all of us to spend our first E3 on ERA.

Oct 25, 2017
Question: will the default avatars eventually be restricted to the new themes, as I believe was the original intent going by some other posts, or are they here for good?

They’re still incredibly confusing for me and if there’s any easy way to not display them, I’d love to hear about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb idea here, I hate animated avatars in general, but I think it would be kinda fun to do it as an e3 week thing.

mrtl

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the new themes, and whether E3 will be awesome enough to stress the servers. Good luck, and thanks for the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.