ResetEra April 2018 Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Will "Night" have finally real black so that it's really, seriously useful at night when I am in the forum with my Super AMOLED phone? (Super AMOLED deactivates the panel everywhere where it's black so it not only saves a lot of battery it's also better for the eyes)
This is what I want to know to.

Will NightEra be true black oled optimized?

Oct 27, 2017
USA
medium.com
As an Asian American, I had to check out that Asian ERA thread in the OT. :) Impressive! Thanks for these updates. Some OTs on the gaming side I somehow missed as well.

Oct 31, 2017
Glad to see Dusk become a mod, dude always has a level head and his threads are always thoughtful. Good addition.

i-Lo

Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I love the DarkEra theme but it's a rare pain when someone decides to type and format it with Black colour.

Also, will the issue pertaining Quotation of videos spilling out of its bound be resolved?

Apr 22, 2018
Diggin dayEra

Also don't know if this was discussed before but is there going to be plans for liking posts? I'm new here so

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Will the gif rule be followed through on things like the Giant Bomb thread? Some of the best parts of those threads are the gifs.
This would be the stickied conference threads only, for the first 100 posts only. Giant Bomb isn't one of the stickied conference threads.

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, I think there’s some mistake on the new designs update. You forgot to mention emoji support.

Thanks.

Oct 28, 2017
Would increasing the amount of time one has to wait between posts - just in the conference threads - help with preventing the site going down? I know people get into the "e3 hype" but it's a bit silly to think the entire site has to go down because a conference thread is being used like twitch chat.

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
This is what I want to know to.

Will NightEra be true black oled optimized?
That was the initial plan. However, the actual appearance on most screens turned out rather poorly, so we backed away from that color tone. It will be more greyish. Sorry.

Oct 28, 2017
I would love to have the top and bottom breadcrumb bars enhanced a tiny amount.

From this:
Video Games> Hangouts| EtcetEra> Hangouts

to this:
Video Games> Hangouts| EtcetEra> Hangouts | Watched

The icon used could be the eye icon.

Watched Threads is my most normal viewing mode but I like to keep abreast of EtcetEra to see any new topics of interest. It would be great to have both navigations available without having to click to the top of the page every time for Watched Threads. Thanks.

Apr 6, 2018
I don't know if this is the right place for suggestions, but could we please get the ability to put a tag on other users? Like just a little note I can make that will appear under their username any time I see one of their posts or something.

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
While my shit mobile plan is happy with the gif deleted thing, does that mean that we can have threads dedicated to the gifs?

Because gifs are needed for the full e3 experience
After the first 100 posts of a stickied conference thread, gifs would be allowed.

ehf

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
You can tell there are real professionals behind this because is already more functional and innovative than any other forum I've ever been on.

Job well done to all you guys behind the scenes!

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the new themes. Is the plan going forward that both Night/Day and Dark/Light will stay around, or will the new two themes eventually replace them? Just seems weird to have to sets that kinda do the same thing.

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic newsletter as always Nicole. Appreciate you doing these - look forward to them every month!

As for Night and Day Era it seems I'm a prophet because I predicted this in the last thread - so awesome to see it turn out to be accurate. #TeamNightEra all the way as I love the Dark theme, so if we're getting an ergonomically improved and iterated, re-designed dark theme that's fucking awesome and I look forward to trying it out. Kudos to the amazing work going on behind the scenes. Such a dedicated team.

As for the subtle changes to accomodate mobile - good to hear. I have 20GB of monthly mobile data so it doesn't really affect me, but I was on 500MB monthly for several years and I'm sure many have similar restrictions, so this is a really good idea for a large set Era's userbase on limited data. Excellent work.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
NightEra, huh? I love DarkEra, but if you guys are going even darker, that may be my new theme of choice. Looking forward to it.

Geist

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
E3 undoubtedly going to be a huge stress test, can't wait to see how Era holds up.

Nightera sounds like my jam.

E3 will be a good test for the site. I hope and predict minimal issues as so far the site has been run extremely well. Very proud to be a member and thanks for all the work the admin and mod team put in to make sure it continues to run so smooth!

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SweetNicole my #1 request by far is to have a soft refresh button on mobile so, when clicked, the page only refreshes whatever new posts happened after you entered the thread instead of having to reload the entire page. Thats also a big mobile data saver and the one holdover from the old place that I still miss.

Other than that excellent work for the entire team!

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Hopefully night era lets me expand quoted posts with a Twitter link without forcing me into twitter instead.

Excited for the E3 craziness. Lets see how bad we destroy the servers friends

Oct 27, 2017
About E3, is there anything preventing the whole conferences from being leaked a couple of hours or days before the event like it happened in the past? Just want to know if I should stop from reading ERA until all the major conferences are done or not.

Thanks again for the great work, can't wait for the redesigns.

Nov 1, 2017
Do people really choose light themes once they know superior dark themes exist?

And thank you for the work you are all putting in!

Oct 25, 2017
That was the initial plan. However, the actual appearance on most screens turned out rather poorly, so we backed away from that color tone. It will be more greyish. Sorry.
Any chance we could ever get a 3rd option for us OLED users?

I'm not surprised though. True black #000000 sucks on a lot of LCD screens. Flip side is greyish theme sucks on oled.

Status
Not open for further replies.