ResetEra April 2018 Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
Will both the DayEra & the NightEra option come to mobile, too?

I don't want it to be desktop exclusive like Google had done it with YouTube.

Oct 25, 2017
Everything sounds great. Can’t wait to check out the redesign.

Hoping we get more control in turning off media tags (no YouTube embed, Twitter, etc) sometime soon.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to have the top and bottom breadcrumb bars enhanced a tiny amount.

From this:
Video Games> Hangouts| EtcetEra> Hangouts

to this:
Video Games> Hangouts| EtcetEra> Hangouts | Watched

The icon used could be the eye icon.

Watched Threads is my most normal viewing mode but I like to keep abreast of EtcetEra to see any new topics of interest. It would be great to have both navigations available without having to click to the top of the page every time for Watched Threads. Thanks.
What we did for navigation on both desktop and mobile is miles ahead of what you are asking for. ^_^

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'd love ERA to ditch the icons representing the forum names in mobile and just go for text links instead. Tapping the icons is really hit or miss, specially with Safari where there's no automatic zoom function for small links like Chrome does.

Oct 25, 2017
Aw, man. I don't want to have to wait until the end of the month. I'm a sucker for forum redesigns, especially if some nice QoL improvements are part of it.

When it comes to E3, always overestimate.
Also, I don’t think it’d hurt to increase the limitations on how often one can post during peak E3 hours. It’d keep those conference threads a lot more readable, and it might slightly lighten the load on the severs.
Mainly readability though. At the old place, those would get so hard to follow if people were posting so much.

Can’t wait for our first E3 in our new home.
I’ve already taken a few days off from work that week!

I also can’t wait to use DayEra and offend many a nerd.

Thanks Admins and Mods for your service!

I do have a few concerns about forum culture I’ve seen lately, though I’m still not sure what’s a positive/constructive way of discussing it.

Hecht

Welp
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
When it comes to E3, always overestimate.
Also, I don’t think it’d hurt to increase the limitations on how often one can post during peak E3 hours. It’d keep those conference threads a lot more readable, and it might slightly lighten the load on the severs.
Mainly readability though. At the old place, those would get so hard to follow if people were posting so much.

Can’t wait for our first E3 in our new home.
I’ve already taken a few days off from work that week!

I also can’t wait to use DayEra and offend many a nerd.

Thanks Admins and Mods for your service!

I do have a few concerns about forum culture I’ve seen lately, though I’m still not sure what’s a positive/constructive way of discussing it.
If there are any issues with moderation, feel free to message an admin about it. Myself or Selina would be the main ones to speak to.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised to see requests for #000 as a background colour. I thought pure black backgrounds on websites died in the 00s. What next - wanting green text to complete the Matrix aesthetic? lol

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Surprised to see requests for #000 as a background colour. I thought pure black backgrounds on websites died in the 00s. What next - wanting green text to complete the Matrix aesthetic? lol
OLED screens are a thing now and pure black is instant bliss.

Oct 25, 2017
I worte this song

DayEra (ah-ah-ah)
Fighter of the NightEra (ah-ah-ah)

Champion of the Sun (ah-ah-ah)
You're a Master of Karate
And friendship
For Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.