• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YesManKablam

Oct 31, 2017
Built myself a hitbox after seeing the total price of getting one in Europe. Started with a Venom PS4 stick which I then gutted. Got two sheets of plexi laser cut in the standard hitbox layout. All sanwa buttons and I moved the USB port from the compartment in the left to a removable port on the top right. The stock PCB didn't have the type of SOCD cleaning I wanted, so I swapped it out for a Brook PS4+ Audio Board which means there's also a handy 3.5mm jack above the usb. The top left panel has controls for start, select, touchpad and turbo stuff, however it was on it's own board with it's own harness leading to the stock PCB. Luckily, I found a diagram of the harness, so I was able to slice it open and wire it into the new pcb. Just have to make myself a template and I'll be able to get cleaner art sorted out for it.

QHvVuss.jpg

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Anybody in here own Brook's PS3/PS4 to Dreamcast converter? I just updated the firmware on it to enable the VMU functionality on it, but now the converter doesn't recognize my stick's connected to it. I've also tried hooking up a DS4 to the converter and that doesn't work either.

Last edited:

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Noticing my Panthera Evo is getting a pretty inconsistent with diagonal (1/3) normals, would anyone here know of ways to figure out whats wrong with my stick?

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
With all the Arcade1up mods going on, and their new Marvel Super Heroes cabinet, I've got the itch to build my own cabinet for MAME/PC games. Does anyone have experience with Extension Arcade cabs by Rec Room Masters?

I'm either going to build one of these Extension cabs, or get a SF2 Arcade1UP box and put proper Sanwa parts in it and mod it with a small PC or Raspberry Pi.

Any idea's from those who have done it?

Last edited:

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't posted here in a while, but I swapped a new lever into my HRAP pretty recently. Trying out the Crown 303-DX, the CrazyDongPal joystick.

First Korean styled lever I've used and it's a pretty big learning curve after using just a stock Hayabusa for a while. The tension and diagonals are the biggest things to adjust to. But it's a lot of fun to use so far.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Any good places to go for the image inserts for a Razer Atrox fight stick? Had mine for a while now, nodded the buttons but I feel like something new and easy haha.

Muaddib

Oct 25, 2017
guys, I got a F300 with Sanwa buttons and stick, but was looking to emulate the feeling of an old american arcade.

it looks like I'm going to have to put it together, with IL buttons, but other than that I don't know anything about it.

is there any arcade sticks already built that would have these kind of concave buttons? What should I plug these buttons to?

I want to use it mostly for a Pi 3 that I have, and maybe PC.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pretty cool because it feels like you're in an arcade at least

I started using a stick a year and a half a go. It took a few months to get used to it and then a few more months to be able to walk into a local tournament and not look like an idiot. I can't go back now and I like it a lot. The first year was learning and this year has been making, modifying and designing custom sticks to dial into what I like.

Give it a try.

I play mostly on PC. Find a stick that can do PC and whatever console you main. I had used a device to get my PC stick to work with a PS4 until I just ended up building a PS4 stick.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Debating getting a fighting stick. Is it that hard to learn?

It's not hard, but depending on your prior experience using sticks, it will take time and practice to re-learn muscle memory. It might take a few weeks of regular use before it clicks with you. The important thing is you use the stick exclusively.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
That RAP is tempting but I've only ever used Sanwa sticks and buttons.
TBH, they're fairly close. They're somewhere in the middle between Sanwa and Seimitsu, IMO, leaning a lot more towards the Sanwa feel. It's usually not hard to get used to different levers and buttons, but if not, you could eventually swap them.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Any recommendations for a cheap adapter solution to use older generation sticks (PS3/360/PS2) on the Xbox one? I can't buy any more new sticks because I've got too many!

I've seen a couple of Brook solutions but leaning towards the Mayflash Ultimate because it seems more versatile.

Also seen some $20 PS2 to Xbone adapters on Aliexpress but no idea if they're any good.

cd6d6b9f65b935cc9764d6147e899a44.jpg

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd got with brook just because I know they're reliable, quality products. Don't know much about alternatives. Once I find something reliable, I tend to stick with it.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations for a cheap adapter solution to use older generation sticks (PS3/360/PS2) on the Xbox one? I can't buy any more new sticks because I've got too many!

I've seen a couple of Brook solutions but leaning towards the Mayflash Ultimate because it seems more versatile.

Also seen some $20 PS2 to Xbone adapters on Aliexpress but no idea if they're any good.

cd6d6b9f65b935cc9764d6147e899a44.jpg

I have Mayflash Saturn-to-PC/PS3 adapter and everything-to-Switch adapter and they both work fine. I haven't felt any noticeable input lag caused by either adapter.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. The location of the DS4 d-pad is killing me, I am always fumbling into he stick and then I try to use that and that sucks cause I fumble into the PS button. If you don't mind a follow up question, if you have any idea, is this going to feel large enough for a guy with big hands? I know this is really general or vague but maybe you have some insight.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. The location of the DS4 d-pad is killing me, I am always fumbling into he stick and then I try to use that and that sucks cause I fumble into the PS button. If you don't mind a follow up question, if you have any idea, is this going to feel large enough for a guy with big hands? I know this is really general or vague but maybe you have some insight.
I think you should be fine. There's a good distance between the lever and buttons, and the body is fairly spacious unlike say, the RAP 4/V.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Brooks has a Wireless PS4 board coming out it looks like

Has my interest, but sucks it's not universal w/ Xbox. But bluetooth has your base covered with PS3/4, Switch and PC which is a majority of FG games.
The big thing is if they can pull PS4 Bluetooth wireless responsiveness, it will be one of the most responsive's boards. Obviously will be a pain in the ass for tournament setting, but sitting down for casual play seems good.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Oh baby, wireless (and wired) Brook board for PS3/PS4/Switch (and hopefully/presumably other platforms like PC/Mac/iOS/Android through PS4 controller support?):

Only reason I'd hold off on this for my next stick would be wanting 360 support for the shmups I have on there.
If you can deal with it being wired only, a UFB would fit that bill at least. You have to hold down specific buttons while plugging it in for Switch though, unless that has changed with recent firmware.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
If you can deal with it being wired only, a UFB would fit that bill at least. You have to hold down specific buttons while plugging it in for Switch though, unless that has changed with recent firmware.
Yeah I already have the UFB for my sticks, the ideal is basically like a wireless UFB...which this is so very close to. Are there PS3/4 to 360 adapters? When I looked it seemed like everything was for the other way around.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Probably two Brooks converters. Their universal fighting board would be easier in practice (changing the board in the stick), but costs a bit more.
TBH, by the time you buy two $35-$40 adapters, the Brook board is only another $15 or so and it would be native, at that point. I love my adapters for other controllers but I put a UFB into my stick because it served a higher purpose.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
TBH, by the time you buy two $35-$40 adapters, the Brook board is only another $15 or so and it would be native, at that point. I love my adapters for other controllers but I put a UFB into my stick because it served a higher purpose.

I have my own scenario I"m struggling with regarding this. I'm building an arcade cabinet with a PC/XB1/PS4 in it, and using my existing TE2+ PS4 sticks. I'm getting a USB switch to flip controls between each device, but I still need to figure out the compatibility issue.

Two Universal Fighting Boards with EZ Mod will cost me about $380 CAD, while two CronusMAX Plus dongles would cost me about $160. I know that you need to use a USB hub + the original controller for the console the CronusMAX is connected to, but assuming that isn't a problem, is there any reason to spend almost double for the Universal boards?

EDIT: I might just say screw the XB1 and use only PS4/PC. I'd only be missing out on Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, and I can play Killer Instinct on Steam. Saves me $300+.

Last edited: