• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
If you want something that's not Sanwa or Hayabusa parts and would be swapping the board anyway, yes. Otherwise if you're on PS4 a HRAP V4 Kai (the newer one, which should be all that's around now) or similar would have you covered for PS3/PS4/PC. It's $150 normal price and can frequently be had for less. There are also a host of other options from Qanba, Razer, etc, that will all cost less than a full custom if you're not going to be changing anything from stock.
Thanks for the response. I never tried anything other then Sanwa and Hori parts, but I might be planning to try out semitsu/hitbox style buttons and some sticks are hard to customize. Wouldn't the PCB in the long run also be a good investment if next gen consoles don't have BC to last gen sticks? (unless Mike Z makes a new firmware or something)

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Thanks for the response. I never tried anything other then Sanwa and Hori parts, but I might be planning to try out semitsu/hitbox style buttons and some sticks are hard to customize. Wouldn't the PCB in the long run also be a good investment if next gen consoles don't have BC to last gen sticks? (unless Mike Z makes a new firmware or something)
I would hope so, as it would be nice if the Brook UFB supports whatever next gen systems use. I'd even take it dropping PS3 if it gives them room in the firmware to support PS5.

That being said, there's also some value in make a system box external using something like a d-sub connector for a project box. You could wire all of the buttons to this and just connect to the box that houses whatever PCB you need. It's kind of the reverse of doing the RJ45 connector in that you can use whatever native cable is there and just solder the wires from the d-sub to the PCB.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I have a Mad Catz Persona 4 Ultimax TE2 arcade fightstick that I'm wanting to sell. It's been barely used. It sat on a shelf for some time gathering dust until I decided to box it back up and into the closet since I'm not good at fighting games anymore. I'm in need of some funds for medical reasons and I'm not sure what's a good asking price for this. I've looked on ebay and I can only find a seller from Japan asking for $290 used. I've also looked on Amazon and 2 sellers from Japan are selling for over $400 used. Is this stick rare? I'm not able to find enough info on it for a proper asking price.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
The Qanba EVO Drone has Sanwa parts and is mini sized but just large enough that you can use it comfortably. Perfect for travel and small areas. It's $99 now.

I checked this stick out and found out that this stick, currently at $99 at Qanba USA website, is only $79 at Eightarc's website.

Although, I don't know the difference between the two sites. But I do know they don't ship to the Philippines because I tried ordering just now. :(

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking about getting an arcade stick again, I had a Hori RAP4 and really liked it, but I had to sell it last year, because of financial reasons.
I'm torn between the Hori RAP4 Kai again and the Razer Panthera Evo, but I'm leaning more towards the Razer, because of the headset port.
My only concern is dropping 200 bucks and then it won't work with the next console generation. Do you think this is something to be concerned about?

lunch_box

Nov 5, 2017
Apologies if this the wrong place to ask...

Is anyone here good with photoshop who takes stick art commissions (for cash of course)
Thanks in advance.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking about getting an arcade stick again, I had a Hori RAP4 and really liked it, but I had to sell it last year, because of financial reasons.
I'm torn between the Hori RAP4 Kai again and the Razer Panthera Evo, but I'm leaning more towards the Razer, because of the headset port.
My only concern is dropping 200 bucks and then it won't work with the next console generation. Do you think this is something to be concerned about?
Probably 90% it won't work with the next generation short of games being able to implement backwards compatibility in software. It rarely does. That's just not something under your control and not really worth mulling over, especially since we're at least 2-3 years out from it being a practical issue.

Deleted member 36749

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 24, 2017
Atlanta
I just wanted something entry level since I plan on taking SFV serious this year...used to play tournaments on prior SFs..

So I recently got a Mayflash stick and installed and octagon plate. Gonna upgrade to something nice in a couple months

Oct 25, 2017
Probably 90% it won't work with the next generation short of games being able to implement backwards compatibility in software. It rarely does. That's just not something under your control and not really worth mulling over, especially since we're at least 2-3 years out from it being a practical issue.
Yeah, you're right. And with MK11 and DBFZ Season 2 around the corner I'll definitely want to have an arcade stick.
So after watching a bunch of video reviews, I'm convinced to drop the 200 bucks for the Razer Panthera Evo.

Oct 25, 2017
Played a bit with the stick, the buttons sometimes even keep stuck.
That totally sucks :(

Wrote with the Razer support then and they told me that I should request a replacement from Amazon.

Santos, are your buttons fine?

BTW: My balltop was loose aswell. I had to screw it.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
I figure it depends on how much of the original stick you're going to keep. Like if you plan to swap the PCB, stick, buttons, and top/layout...what's left of the original stick, the base? Is that worth $100-150 or however much it'll cost? At a certain point if you're replacing enough you might as well get a custom enclosure and get what you want...assuming one of the AFS designs works for you (there's more than he puts on the site btw, message him for all the options).

Another option if you're thinking about gutting a stick is using an older one, whether you already have one lying around or finding one for cheap.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to decide between a Panthera and Rap 4; any suggestions either way? I'm leaning towards the Panthera because I'm concerned about the Hayabusa buttons being less sensitive than the Sanwa's with the Panthera, and I feel like some of the build quality on the Panthera is a lot nicer. Inversely, I like how wide the Rap 4 is and the wrist ledge seems more comfortable.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to decide between a Panthera and Rap 4; any suggestions either way? I'm leaning towards the Panthera because I'm concerned about the Hayabusa buttons being less sensitive than the Sanwa's with the Panthera, and I feel like some of the build quality on the Panthera is a lot nicer. Inversely, I like how wide the Rap 4 is and the wrist ledge seems more comfortable.
The hayabusas are more responsive than the sanwas in my experience. Like almost annoyingly so.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. It's a shame they don't do something like this:
81m40ewr8ZL._SY450_.jpg

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
I kind of wonder why they didn't. Couldn't have cost much more (if anything) to add a slot that wasn't hideous and still allowed the cable to be plugged in.
Maybe they thought it didn't go with a 'professional' look, and it would look more like a toy that way. If it wasn't obtrusive, like you said, maybe yeah. Not their 'market' though, I think.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they thought it didn't go with a 'professional' look, and it would look more like a toy that way. If it wasn't obtrusive, like you said, maybe yeah. Not their 'market' though, I think.
I guess there's nothing stopping me gutting my current iCade Core and replacing the existing PCB with Switch-compatible wiring! Maybe not from that joystick specifically, but I'm sure the Switch has one that doesn't require an adapter.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I was looking at grabbing the Mad Catz Street Fighter V TE2+ from amazon as my first nicer fightstick (I currently have a drone). But it looks like MadCatz only makes those ugly RAT mice now. If I have issues, is there any support other than getting a refund from amazon?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at grabbing the Mad Catz Street Fighter V TE2+ from amazon as my first nicer fightstick (I currently have a drone). But it looks like MadCatz only makes those ugly RAT mice now. If I have issues, is there any support other than getting a refund from amazon?
The madcatz that made those sticks no longer exists. So probably not.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Is it easy on either of these to replace the artwork? I don't know that I'll ever get around to actually doing it but I dream of it.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
You can. I would say the Panthera isn't as easy but you can have it wrapped like I did from Arcade Shock Layers.

Obsidian you could also replace the metal panel with art and plexi or have it wrapped as well.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
You can. I would say the Panthera isn't as easy but you can have it wrapped like I did from Arcade Shock Layers.

Obsidian you could also replace the metal panel with art and plexi or have it wrapped as well.
Thanks a lot for the information. Sounds like it'll be kind of a pain either way and both are good. I'll probably just decide what looks good as a base for now in case I never get around to having the artwork done but its good to know there are solutions out there for either stick.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

DuvJones

Oct 30, 2017
Well, I'll be... the man, the myth, the legend... MarkMan.
I believe that we met at Canada Cup 2015, back when you worked for Madcatz. Nice to see you, how are things at BNE?

Been wondering, I know you live by those sanwa parts but have you seen some of the other buttons on the market? I am particularly interested in what you have to say with gamerfinger and others like it?

Got my Razer Panthera Evo today and I'm a bit bummed out.

The circle and triangle buttons are getting stuck easily

Oh, that sucks... at least they are easy to replace, I would look into that.

Last edited:

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Well, I'll be... the man, the myth, the legend... MarkMan.
I believe that we met at Canada Cup 2015, back when you worked for Madcatz. Nice to see you, how are things at BNE?

Been wondering, I know you live by those sanwa parts but have you seen some of the other buttons on the market? I am particularly interested in what you have to say with gamerfinger and others like it?

Oh, that sucks... at least they are easy to replace, I would look into that.

That's a few of the Panthera EVO with the Razer buttons that I've seen that does that.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Was a little apprehensive on getting the EVO, but up pulling the trigger, loving it so far and my art came in today:
That looks so rad! Love the beat up green look on the bottom.

Helped me make my decision of grabbing that stick. If you don't mind me asking, does the Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor plate that Amazon desperatly tries to sell every time i look at sticks fit this or will I need something else?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
That looks so rad! Love the beat up green look on the bottom.

Helped me make my decision of grabbing that stick. If you don't mind me asking, does the Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor plate that Amazon desperatly tries to sell every time i look at sticks fit this or will I need something else?
Yes it will.