• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Man....I recently came up with the perfect art for a WASD stickless stick I've been meaning to build...but it's expensive to put together. My cart at AllFightSticks is $279 and I'm still not done with the parts...and on top of that, I have to ship them to my country and its stupidly high import duties :/

I guess I'll have to just buy a few parts each month...

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great! nice work
This is really nice.
That looks so rad! Love the beat up green look on the bottom.

Helped me make my decision of grabbing that stick. If you don't mind me asking, does the Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor plate that Amazon desperatly tries to sell every time i look at sticks fit this or will I need something else?
Thanks y'all!!! :)

DuvJones

Oct 30, 2017
That's a few of the Panthera EVO with the Razer buttons that I've seen that does that.
That is something that I expect a bit, these are mass produced so their is going to be some failure rate (hopefully not near 40% like what happened with the 360 for a year).
Still sucks particularly since they don't sell replacement buttons seperately.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
That is something that I expect a bit, these are mass produced so their is going to be some failure rate (hopefully not near 40% like what happened with the 360 for a year).
Still sucks particularly since they don't sell replacement buttons seperately.

Prob just stick some Sanwa on there if they go. They do feel pretty similar.

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
What the hell? This looks cool as heck and it's the first I'm hearing about it. Doesn't seem to be out officially until 2 weeks from now but do any of you have hands on experience with it?

OP
OP
MarkMan

MarkMan

Arcade Stick Dev
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
San Diego, CA
What the hell? This looks cool as heck and it's the first I'm hearing about it. Doesn't seem to be out officially until 2 weeks from now but do any of you have hands on experience with it?

Yes, I have a few of the prototype sticks as well. It's a neat stick -- if it fits within your budget, it's worth a try.

I helped work on this stick prior to working with Razer (it's been in development for a long time; it was supposed to be out before MVC:I, for reference).

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Got my Panthera Evo. Cool that the art is so easy to replace because the Giant Razer logo is a little meh but I'm no artist or graphic designer. What is a good way to find someone to do art? I'm willing to spend some money but have no idea where to look.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
That Victrix stick looks amazing. I can't imagine investing that much at this point in the console gen, with PS5 right around the corner and no idea how Sony is going to handle hardware.

I'm kinda regretting some of the PS4 stick impulse puchases I've made as I've been playing on a pad a lot more lately anyway.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Panthera Evo. Cool that the art is so easy to replace because the Giant Razer logo is a little meh but I'm no artist or graphic designer. What is a good way to find someone to do art? I'm willing to spend some money but have no idea where to look.

You can check the Shoryuken forums; graphic artists post their contact info for fight stick commissions. The forum also has fight stick artwork threads where some artists have provided artwork they've listed as free to use.

Focus attack also has a commission list you can browse as well: https://support.focusattack.com/hc/en-us/articles/207447603-Fightstick-Artist-List

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
You can check the Shoryuken forums; graphic artists post their contact info for fight stick commissions. The forum also has fight stick artwork threads where some artists have provided artwork they've listed as free to use.

Focus attack also has a commission list you can browse as well: https://support.focusattack.com/hc/en-us/articles/207447603-Fightstick-Artist-List
This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for. Super helpful, thanks!

Now I just need to decide what I want to do lol. Thought about leaving the Razer art off but its pretty ugly below it.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
That Victrix stick looks amazing. I can't imagine investing that much at this point in the console gen, with PS5 right around the corner and no idea how Sony is going to handle hardware.

I'm kinda regretting some of the PS4 stick impulse puchases I've made as I've been playing on a pad a lot more lately anyway.

Ya I can't see myself buying one at this point.
I hope they have one ready for PS5, I would splurge on it, it looks freaking awesome.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I was looking at getting a fightstick and stumbled into something I think has gone unnoticed... There seems to be little to no XBOX support in the fighstick market? i didn't occur to me until I watched Justin Wong's Victrix review/unboxing and saw the PS button prompts.

I know Hori made one for the Tekken Launch and I think XBOX signed a deal with Razer just recently but outside of that everything is PS, seemingly by default? Qanba seemed to have removed XB from their mentions entirely? That aside, does anyone know where I can pick up a Victrix Pro FS in the UK?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
So I was looking at getting a fightstick and stumbled into something I think has gone unnoticed... There seems to be little to no XBOX support in the fighstick market? i didn't occur to me until I watched Justin Wong's Victrix review/unboxing and saw the PS button prompts.

I know Hori made one for the Tekken Launch and I think XBOX signed a deal with Razer just recently but outside of that everything is PS, seemingly by default? Qanba seemed to have removed XB from their mentions entirely? That aside, does anyone know where I can pick up a Victrix Pro FS in the UK?

Hori also put out the same stick for Soulcalibur so there's that for XBOX. Other than that and the Razer Atrox and the Hori RAP, I can't think of anything else. The options besides those would be to use an adapter or change the PCB to a universal one I guess.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I have a Hori RAP 4 coming in the mail today. My first fight stick. I hope this doesn't become a new hardware addiction for me... I really don't need another one. :)

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Also have to remember that PS4 and PC pretty much get every single non-first-party fighting game, whereas XBOX (and Switch) does not.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to do a completely custom board, with just buttons and no stick. Imagine it like a sort of symmetric hit box, where you press directions with only the thumbs an the other buttons are on the rest of the fingers. For example, a Street Fighter config would have the punches on the left hand and the kicks on the right.
I don't have the means to do it on my own. There are any sites that allow you to design your own button disposition, and they just produce it and ship it to you? It's not like I want to do it right now, it's just to know if there is the possibility.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to do a completely custom board, with just buttons and no stick. Imagine it like a sort of symmetric hit box, where you press directions with only the thumbs an the other buttons are on the rest of the fingers. For example, a Street Fighter config would have the punches on the left hand and the kicks on the right.
I don't have the means to do it on my own. There are any sites that allow you to design your own button disposition, and they just produce it and ship it to you? It's not like I want to do it right now, it's just to know if there is the possibility.
Message AllFightsticks, either on their website or Facebook page. He might be able to sort you out.

There's also Jonny Fraze on the custom side of things, but I've never had any contact with him.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Are these two both in USA? I should have said I'm in EU. Anyway thanks, these are two very good places to start looking in.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all -

I'm trying to swap the stock hayabusa buttons on my PS4 Fighting Edge with Sanwa OBSJ 30mms and having issues with the buttons locking all the way in.

They seem to stop just short - with only one side making it all the way in.

Has anyone had any luck with putting Sanwas in the Hori FE? I could have sworn I read it was any easy swap - but I've tried two different holes/buttons and still no luck.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Hey all -

I'm trying to swap the stock hayabusa buttons on my PS4 Fighting Edge with Sanwa OBSJ 30mms and having issues with the buttons locking all the way in.

They seem to stop just short - with only one side making it all the way in.

Has anyone had any luck with putting Sanwas in the Hori FE? I could have sworn I read it was any easy swap - but I've tried two different holes/buttons and still no luck.

Push harder.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Pardon the bump, but I'm deciding between 3 sticks that I plan on ordering by next week. I aim to own at least 2 sticks and my first stick is gonna be one of these 3
https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-F300-Arcade-Joystick-SWITCH/dp/B019MFPLC0/
https://www.amazon.com/Qanba-Joy-St...on&qid=1552747881&s=videogames&sr=1-1-catcorr
https://www.amazon.com/Qanba-Drone-...on&qid=1552747881&s=videogames&sr=1-2-catcorr

Their sizes from 1st til 3rd
22 x 13 x 11 in
16.7 x 12.9 x 6.6 in
14 x 6 x 9.5 in

The Qanbas are the smallest in size and it's one I'm looking for tbh.

EDIT: This is being sold here too
https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Stick-Mini-PlayStation-4/dp/B014KXMEW4

Maybe I could get this?

Last edited:

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Pardon the bump, but I'm deciding between 3 sticks that I plan on ordering by next week. I aim to own at least 2 sticks and my first stick is gonna be one of these 3
https://www.amazon.com/Qanba-Joy-St...on&qid=1552747881&s=videogames&sr=1-1-catcorr
https://www.amazon.com/Qanba-Drone-...on&qid=1552747881&s=videogames&sr=1-2-catcorr

22 x 13 x 11 in
16.7 x 12.9 x 6.6 in
14 x 6 x 9.5 in

Maybe I could get this?
I actually wen through similar choices last year, and I ended up with two F300 Elites for the better stick/buttons.

In that range they are all serviceable but the Quanba ones will be a little better than the base F300. I even considered the Hori Mini too, but I think it would hurt my hand but be better for my kids.

If you can swing it, the extra $25 on the F300 Elite makes it a better stick long term. Still on the budget conscious side. I love it because it works with every piece of equipment I own. I still need to get some 8 way gates though as the 4 ways just don't feel precise.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I actually wen through similar choices last year, and I ended up with two F300 Elites for the better stick/buttons.

In that range they are all serviceable but the Quanba ones will be a little better than the base F300. I even considered the Hori Mini too, but I think it would hurt my hand but be better for my kids.

If you can swing it, the extra $25 on the F300 Elite makes it a better stick long term. Still on the budget conscious side. I love it because it works with every piece of equipment I own. I still need to get some 8 way gates though as the 4 ways just don't feel precise.
Ah well I guess I'll get the elite then, thanks. Will order it over the next week

japtor

Jan 19, 2018

22 x 13 x 11 in
16.7 x 12.9 x 6.6 in
14 x 6 x 9.5 in

Maybe I could get this?
What's your budget and criteria? I think you can mod all of them, except the Hori Mini. If you want a small stick I think the Drone is one of the few "small" sticks these days, but I haven't looked in a while.

If you want small and can spend more, All Fight Sticks has a 9.5" wide one (6 button full size 30mm, or 8 button 24mm panel), and I think 11" (which fits everything full size, and can fit a little more), although I've never seen that one on the site. Just found out about the latter through their Instagram or in messaging the guy.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Got a Victrix Pro FS.

Not gonna lie. This thing is pretty damn awesome. Solid with that aluminum build and that angled front is great. Sanwa buttons sound louder in this chassis so be aware of that. Like really noticeably louder compared to my Panthera or Obsidian.

USB C cable is nice since replacements are simple. Link2 stock is nice and they give you a regular Sanwa shaft and balltop if you want to switch it back.

Price. If only this thing was the price of the Dragon or something. I had Amazon gift credit so I splurged.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so glad I came across this thread, got a question or two.

I'm looking into picking up a Qanba Obsidian for MK11 and Samurai Showdown. One thing I want to add to it would be an IL Eurostick.

Just not sure if that would work on the Obsidian? Or is there any other part I would need to purchase at the same time to make it work?

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

Murdamonk

Oct 27, 2017
HELP!! I got a static shock with my Victrix FS Pro and now the fightstick doesn't work anymore. I tried to plug it in the computer and the ps4, but it doesn't detect it.

I have tried to reset by holding the 3 buttons mentionned in the booklet, but nothing seems to work. :(

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
HELP!! I got a static shock with my Victrix FS Pro and now the fightstick doesn't work anymore. I tried to plug it in the computer and the ps4, but it doesn't detect it.

I have tried to reset by holding the 3 buttons mentionned in the booklet, but nothing seems to work. :(

Tweet them. If it's just stopped working, it's still under warranty.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
My Obsidian just wigged out on me. Stuck on turbo, must have accidentally hit it. Now I can't turn it off. Is there no way to actually turn it off?

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
My Obsidian just wigged out on me. Stuck on turbo, must have accidentally hit it. Now I can't turn it off. Is there no way to actually turn it off?
You hold turbo and press whichever button is on Turbo to turn it off. It's button specific. So if you pressed Jab and fierce while holding Turbo to turn it on you have to do it again with each.