• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Just making sure

I have this super street fighter 4 arcade fight stick for the 360. There's no way to get this to work with the Xbox one right? I plugged it into the usb and nothing

synic

Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Is anyone using the GamerFinger buttons? I watched NihongoGamer on Youtube, and they seem like a neat idea, but I've been so used to Sanwa and Seimitsu I'm afraid this will just feel off.

What do people think of them?

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
If anyone has been wanting a Link (the detachable stick thing), Arcadeshock is clearing some "blemished" ones out for $15:
https://arcadeshock.com/collections...ment-various-colors-sanwa-denshi-hori-version
NOTE: These are slightly blemished units. Originally, these were extras made by mistake with the EVO logos on them, later to be sanded down and redone.

The blemish is minor and even when you look carefully very closely, you'll have a hard time seeing it. Once you install this, the logo sit beneath the control panel, so you won't stand out.
I got some black ones and can confirm it's pretty minor. A friend with another color said the same thing.

Murdamonk

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone using the GamerFinger buttons? I watched NihongoGamer on Youtube, and they seem like a neat idea, but I've been so used to Sanwa and Seimitsu I'm afraid this will just feel off.

What do people think of them?

I had just installed them on my Victrix FS (also after watching NihongoGamer). They are really quiet, but i am not sure about the feeling yet. I am using the default silver switch and I find that they feel almost like Sanwas with silencer pads on. Maybe i should try other cherry mx switch colors.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
FYI for the DIY arcade stick crowd, Arcade1Up has opened an online parts store. Of interest is the company is currently selling replacement control decks for $25: https://arcade1up.com/collections/control-decks

Slap a PI inside one of those and you'd have a cheap MAME arcade stick.
I was just looking at those and thought the same thing. Swap the garbage parts out for something better and it'd be kind of nice, if not a bit cramped (which has always been my complaint about american cabinets ever since I was a kid).

SUPARNOVAX

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I've been playing a lot of magic the gathering arena lately.

I want my next stick art to be prismatic foil lol

Where can I get custom artwork printed like that?

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
focusattack or arcadeshock will be your best bets, depending on the style and color you want. I've done more with FA than AS, so I would recommend them just out of experience as they're not expensive and ship quickly.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Do we expect the Victrix Pro to ever go on sale by the end of the year?

The $350 price tag is too much to justify this late into console cycle for me. Especially since we don't know how PS5 is going to handle legacy controllers.

CursedOctopus

Oct 27, 2017
FYI for the DIY arcade stick crowd, Arcade1Up has opened an online parts store. Of interest is the company is currently selling replacement control decks for $25: https://arcade1up.com/collections/control-decks

Slap a PI inside one of those and you'd have a cheap MAME arcade stick.
Gah, I need that SF deck but for one player only. I've been looking for a case so I can add a Happ stick to it but it becoming really hard to find one. I guess everybody is into Sanwa now, but I grew up playing daily on Happ sticks.

Guybrarian

Jun 23, 2018
I've read all 23 pages of this thread, and still don't know what I want. I'm looking for opinions and everybody loves sharing their opinions, right?

I want a stick. I've never used one before. I'm terrible at fighting games. I just think they look like fun.

Wanting to buy something decent so I don't feel like I'm missing out on something by buying a cheap stick. I've narrowed it down to these:

Mayflash f300 elite - $85
Hori RAP Soul Calibur vi - $120 brand new on eBay
Hori RAP N - $130 (143 after tax) on Amazon
Razer Panthera SFV - $150 on Razer store

I'm playing on PS4 and pc. Mostly street fighter games (all of them).

Mayflash is the cheapest but has nicer parts. The whole needing a controller plugged in seems kind of annoying and it seems a bit small.

The RAP Soul Calibur sounds great but I'm not a fan of the artwork.

The RAP N looks good but for only $7 more I can get the Panthera.

I love the looks of the Panthera but it is probably overkill and the proprietary cord has me worried. Do those break down often? Someone in this thread had it happen to them. Then what?

I'm sure it was agonizing reading this. Which would/did you choose?

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Panthera cord has gone out and I know at least 3 other people who have had the same thing happen. I wouldn't recommend them since I don't know if it's possible to get a replacement. It's a really solid case, just...anecdotally, I know of too many issues with the cable.

The Hori type N is personally my favorite case out of those you've listed. Great size, great weight, love the Noir layout. Don't know much about the Mayflash, but if it's possible to put better parts in, you might want to go with that just to get a feel of whether or not you even like playing on a stick, and then, if you do, have the option to upgrade the parts to sanwa or whatever else you might want to try.

If you're not worried about the cash, I'd personally go with the RAP N.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I've read all 23 pages of this thread, and still don't know what I want. I'm looking for opinions and everybody loves sharing their opinions, right?

I want a stick. I've never used one before. I'm terrible at fighting games. I just think they look like fun.

Wanting to buy something decent so I don't feel like I'm missing out on something by buying a cheap stick. I've narrowed it down to these:

Mayflash f300 elite - $85
Hori RAP Soul Calibur vi - $120 brand new on eBay
Hori RAP N - $130 (143 after tax) on Amazon
Razer Panthera SFV - $150 on Razer store

I'm playing on PS4 and pc. Mostly street fighter games (all of them).

Mayflash is the cheapest but has nicer parts. The whole needing a controller plugged in seems kind of annoying and it seems a bit small.

The RAP Soul Calibur sounds great but I'm not a fan of the artwork.

The RAP N looks good but for only $7 more I can get the Panthera.

I love the looks of the Panthera but it is probably overkill and the proprietary cord has me worried. Do those break down often? Someone in this thread had it happen to them. Then what?

I'm sure it was agonizing reading this. Which would/did you choose?
The RAP Soulcalibur is pretty much the exact same stick as the RAP N. Same Hayabusa parts and noir layout, minus the SC artwork. I picked it up on sale on Amazon last year for about $90. It's a good stick, though personally I much prefer vewlix over noir.

So for me, I'd ...……….. go for a Hori RAP4 for $150 :D

My first stick a couple years ago was the Switch/PC equivalent and it still remains my favourite stick just because of sheer comfort.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Do we expect the Victrix Pro to ever go on sale by the end of the year?

The $350 price tag is too much to justify this late into console cycle for me. Especially since we don't know how PS5 is going to handle legacy controllers.

I kinda doubt it as the stick is only a couple months old and sells out whenever stocked. Maybe by the end of the year hopefully. It's crazy priced. But I think it's my favorite stick ever. Love the angle of the surface and the usb c cable so if anything ever happened, you could buy one anywhere.

I have two Razer Pantheras and one has a missing cable. Razer was unable to get a replacement. I'd have to mod a te2 cable to get it to work. Lame.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
my hori real arcade pro's buttons keep popping out of their slots, thinking of buying a new stick
what's good nowadays?
i know razer panthera supposedly is the best on the market but i don't need those top end stuff, something good that will last years is enough for me

Jan 11, 2018
Dunedin, New Zealand
Anyone here modded an Omni? The cable sleeve on mine has already split in two on mine and I'm looking at putting a Neutrik in. Not sure if I want to go to the effort of drilling a new hole for it or just ditching the touchpad button for it as I'm mostly on PC anyway.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda doubt it as the stick is only a couple months old and sells out whenever stocked. Maybe by the end of the year hopefully. It's crazy priced. But I think it's my favorite stick ever. Love the angle of the surface and the usb c cable so if anything ever happened, you could buy one anywhere.

I have two Razer Pantheras and one has a missing cable. Razer was unable to get a replacement. I'd have to mod a te2 cable to get it to work. Lame.

My Panthera cord has gone out and I know at least 3 other people who have had the same thing happen. I wouldn't recommend them since I don't know if it's possible to get a replacement. It's a really solid case, just...anecdotally, I know of too many issues with the cable.

The Hori type N is personally my favorite case out of those you've listed. Great size, great weight, love the Noir layout. Don't know much about the Mayflash, but if it's possible to put better parts in, you might want to go with that just to get a feel of whether or not you even like playing on a stick, and then, if you do, have the option to upgrade the parts to sanwa or whatever else you might want to try.

That sucks. Didn't know you couldn't get cable replacements for those. I've been rotating between a FE and my panthera with some hitbox mixed in for MK11/Tekken7 lately. Might have to put the panthera in the closet and keep it as part of the collection.

Have it currently sitting in my cart on Amazon and have been talking myself in and out of buying it all week. I really love the look of it and the materials and build quality seem top notch. Really wish this came out 2 years ago.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sucks. Didn't know you couldn't get cable replacements for those. I've been rotating between a FE and my panthera with some hitbox mixed in for MK11/Tekken7 lately. Might have to put the panthera in the closet and keep it as part of the collection.

Have it currently sitting in my cart on Amazon and have been talking myself in and out of buying it all week. I really love the look of it and the materials and build quality seem top notch. Really wish this came out 2 years ago.

Yeah, the Razer was my go-to stick for a couple years. It started to crap out about the time I got the FE. Now I use that and the SC Type-N stick (got it for cheap on Amazon).

FE still my favorite stick ever by far. So good.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why no one has made a Switch arcade stick that allows you to dock the console to it.

Like this.
85308566-4e10-4cb4-ae48-a1f4a446ecdb_1.f30839be11165e123a8710699021ac85.jpeg

c3e65d816ce3cd7f3f29c64c3ff0ff05-480-80.jpg

Or this

icade-stretched-thumb-960x640-12690.jpg

2011-05-31-icade1-1306848710.jpg

Guybrarian

Jun 23, 2018

Thanks for the input! Took a look on Amazon and they are now out of stock. Might end up picking up the SCVI version. Same stick, cheaper, just don't love the artwork.

Guybrarian

Jun 23, 2018
The RAP Soulcalibur is pretty much the exact same stick as the RAP N. Same Hayabusa parts and noir layout, minus the SC artwork. I picked it up on sale on Amazon last year for about $90. It's a good stick, though personally I much prefer vewlix over noir.

So for me, I'd ...……….. go for a Hori RAP4 for $150 :D

My first stick a couple years ago was the Switch/PC equivalent and it still remains my favourite stick just because of sheer comfort.

Appreciate the input! Even if you just muddied the waters a bit;) I've narrowed it down to a Hori, at least.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

It really is top notch in materials. I had a bunch of Amazon credit to use, so that's why I got it. But I've no regrets.

And now... We can use those new Saturn and Genesis pads on PS4. Huge for pad players.

Last edited:

Roge_NES

Feb 18, 2018
So I tried using a Brook Retro Board on a Wii using an RJ45 to Gamecube cable,
it doesn't seem to be detected, I tried Wii games, GC games and VC titles but no luck.

I did try the same thing on an original Gamecube and it works perfectly, so it seems like the board just doesn't work on the Wii for some reason.
There goes my chance of playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom with a stick :/

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Tried the Retro Bit Saturn and Genesis pad on PS4 with the Brook converter. Works great. It even has L3 and R3 mapped to the top when holding Start for quick training mode resets etc.

Best D-Pads ever are now available for PS4. If you like pads, they are cheap too. $20 (though you need a Brook converter for $40, but replacement pads would be cheap).

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Tried the Retro Bit Saturn and Genesis pad on PS4 with the Brook converter. Works great. It even has L3 and R3 mapped to the top when holding Start for quick training mode resets etc.

Best D-Pads ever are now available for PS4. If you like pads, they are cheap too. $20 (though you need a Brook converter for $40, but replacement pads would be cheap).
That's REALLY tempting to hop on to. Currently have a 360-One to PS4 Brook Converter, will gladly pick up a Pad if they patch my converter too.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just curious what's everyone's thought on whether cross generation peripherals is going to be a thing? With Xbox looking like their Scarlett being a beefed up Xbox One X, it would make sense that all controllers should work cross gen? I really want to make a PC bartop, but now I'm thinking I should wait until I can find out what the fightstick compatibility looks like. I would imagine the Brooks UFB might work with an update, or maybe everything moves to USB-Type C on new consoles? Who knows.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Just curious what's everyone's thought on whether cross generation peripherals is going to be a thing? With Xbox looking like their Scarlett being a beefed up Xbox One X, it would make sense that all controllers should work cross gen? I really want to make a PC bartop, but now I'm thinking I should wait until I can find out what the fightstick compatibility looks like. I would imagine the Brooks UFB might work with an update, or maybe everything moves to USB-Type C on new consoles? Who knows.
It seems unlikely, but there's a reasonable chance going forward this time since BC has become more of a thing with both Sony and MS. At least we have Brook and possibly other companies to put out adapters for us.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

I sincerely hope it does. I've bought like 10 sticks and an equivalent number of fight pads this gen.

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
Cool thread from Saunic on Chinese custom stick makers. Starts with this tweet:

I won't spam this thread up by posting all of them, but one of my favorites is the person/company who makes TE1 replicas.

D73cQnNUYAEOzBi.png

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Maybe a long shot, but anyone know if this Brooks converter will work on a Wii with the correctly-flashed firmware (e.g. XBOX 360/XBOX ONE to Wii U Classic Edition)?

Between the new look and the less-than-perfect English I'm not certain if it's the same as this converter mentioned on their website, or if it's some kind of new hardware revision that has (understandably) dropped Wii compatibility.
Probably not, since iirc the Wii isn't support USB controllers and the adapter masquerades as a pokken controller.

Roge_NES

Feb 18, 2018
Maybe a long shot, but anyone know if this Brooks converter will work on a Wii with the correctly-flashed firmware (e.g. XBOX 360/XBOX ONE to Wii U Classic Edition)?

Between the new look and the less-than-perfect English I'm not certain if it's the same as this converter mentioned on their website, or if it's some kind of new hardware revision that has (understandably) dropped Wii compatibility.

I highly doubt it, otherwise it would specify it.

I got a Brook Retro with a Gamecuibe cable and it doesn't work either.

Best bet would be to get a Tatsunoko Stick.

honorless

Oct 28, 2017

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Brag post incoming..
My Arcade sticks are pretty cool.

sN0f8El.jpg

Left side for the classics, right side for the modern online battlestation.

Just recently got the 1 Player panel to be able to play in the center just like the Arcade..

yfjZWzd.jpg

CursedOctopus

Oct 27, 2017
So I can't find much info on this specific question, but regarding the Brook UFB, how do people wire the J7 header? What kind of switch is recommended? Does it default to DP mode?

CursedOctopus

Oct 27, 2017
I think that's in how they are supposed to be wired anyway. Like these two upper pins are for LS, the two middle for DP and the two bottom are RS.
i thought about that but the sp3t switches I was looking at all share a common ground for all three positions. I just don't know the special name of the switch that differentiates the common ground from the non-common ground that the UFB needs.