• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Bought the Razer Panthera a few months ago and reached out to an artist that I saw on etsy to comission this piece. Just got it back with this clear blue balltop. love it so much. Real happy with how easy it is to replace the art even if getting to the rest of the stick isn't as great. Probably won't spend too much time inside.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the Razer Panthera a few months ago and reached out to an artist that I saw on etsy to comission this piece. Just got it back with this clear blue balltop. love it so much. Real happy with how easy it is to replace the art even if getting to the rest of the stick isn't as great. Probably won't spend too much time inside.

Lemme fix that for ya

dz2dXip.jpg

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Those are sick, but is the layout different on the Retro Rap or is the art throwing my off?

Layout is the same on the other Switch Raps so I doubt they changed it just for that one stick. They moved the art to the wrong corresponding buttons to give it the straight look like the old arcade machine.

So unless they actually moved the button layout as well, the layout art will be wrong and jab punch wouldn't be jab it would be strong punch.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Layout is the same on the other Switch Raps so I doubt they changed it just for that one stick. They moved the art to the wrong corresponding buttons to give it the straight look like the old arcade machine.

So unless they actually moved the button layout as well, the layout art will be wrong and jab punch wouldn't be jab it would be strong punch.
Either that or they expect people to remap the buttons depending on how accurate they want the feeling to be.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Looks the same to me.

OK cool, seeing the art made me think the primaries might have been moved to the straight end which threw me off.
Shame Brook hasn't made a Switch -> PS4 Converter yet.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
The lighting in the tweet is rather confusing, they are definitely convex. I can see the blue making them look concave, but they're not.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a hori hrap 3 sa that I fucked LOVED since 09 but it's not working with the new games after sf4 legacy input. I guess I'm looking for a new stick, but I don't want it to be obsolete since next gen is around the corner. Suggestions?

Wireless is a no go bc of input lag right?

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I've had a hori hrap 3 sa that I fucked LOVED since 09 but it's not working with the new games after sf4 legacy input. I guess I'm looking for a new stick, but I don't want it to be obsolete since next gen is around the corner. Suggestions?

Wireless is a no go bc of input lag right?
Depending on what pad you use for it wireless wouldn't be an issue, but if you want to go the route, swapping your HRAP3's PCB with a Brook UFB would be a cheaper investment and allow more console and PC use. I did it with my HRAP 3 SA Kai, though I'm about to move the board to my HRAP 4 Kai to get the TP button as its own thing and not hog the turbo button (that I never need anyway).

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Depending on what pad you use for it wireless wouldn't be an issue, but if you want to go the route, swapping your HRAP3's PCB with a Brook UFB would be a cheaper investment and allow more console and PC use. I did it with my HRAP 3 SA Kai, though I'm about to move the board to my HRAP 4 Kai to get the TP button as its own thing and not hog the turbo button (that I never need anyway).

Not sure what you mean by "pad you use it for".

Is swapping the PCB a difficult endeavor? Is soldering involved?

Since my stick is wired, could I make it a wireless stick with no input lag? Or, if I were to get a "wireless" stick, how could I minimize the input lag as much as possible?

Thanks for the help with my questions!

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
The blue Mini stick is weird because depicts Ibuki fighting Chun-Li with the Street Fighter II logo prominently displayed. Ibuki wasn't in SF2 though. Do you think that'll be corrected before production?

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I got two questions,

1. I've had a Madcatz TE2+ stick for a long time, but I think the power cord is busted as my PC has issues recognizing it when I move it around, do they sell these cables anywhere? I know Madcatz is long gone

2. In case I can't get the cable, whats the best option between the Qanba Obsidian and Razer Panthera?

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I got two questions,

1. I've had a Madcatz TE2+ stick for a long time, but I think the power cord is busted as my PC has issues recognizing it when I move it around, do they sell these cables anywhere? I know Madcatz is long gone

2. In case I can't get the cable, whats the best option between the Qanba Obsidian and Razer Panthera?

You can get standard Pro cables on eBay or Jasen's Customs for your TE2.

The Panthera uses the same Pro cable but they changed the wiring so only a razer cable will work with a Panthera unless you mod the cable or the Panthera itself. It's a mark against the Panthera for me, even though I have two of them and think the stick is good.

The Obsidian is a great stick too, and was my favorite until recently. The only negative is the tiny options button and the usb cable is permanently watched to it.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks mate, I went ahead and ordered the cable, hopefully it takes care of my issue, otherwise I may have to get a new stick

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Realistically, how long are micro-switches supposed to last assuming daily 1 hour use? Last week I noticed the UP directional switch in my fight stick was no longer making good connections; my jumps would either not input or multiple up inputs would register for one motion. I installed a fresh PCB+soldered switches about six months ago, so I'm surprised one crapped out so fast. I didn't feel like replacing the whole set again, so I broke out my basic soldering iron and swapped the bad one out with a spare switch. Is there some type of preventive cleaning or maintenance with switches I'm not aware of?

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Damn, I'm seriously considering selling my Switch RAP to get one of those. The Chun Li one oh fuck. And the OG one is just straight up sexy. Ohhhh boy.

Edit: yeah the Real Arcade Pro for switch has a bunch of switches on the side, one of them toggling between x-inout for PC and whatever the Switch uses.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see them using Turbo Revival, Third Strike and retro SF2 marquee art work!

I really don't need any more sticks....

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Realistically, how long are micro-switches supposed to last assuming daily 1 hour use? Last week I noticed the UP directional switch in my fight stick was no longer making good connections; my jumps would either not input or multiple up inputs would register for one motion. I installed a fresh PCB+soldered switches about six months ago, so I'm surprised one crapped out so fast. I didn't feel like replacing the whole set again, so I broke out my basic soldering iron and swapped the bad one out with a spare switch. Is there some type of preventive cleaning or maintenance with switches I'm not aware of?

Probably just a defective one.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I bought a fighting edge because they were affordable on Amazon UK and I kinda love it?

I have too many sticks, but damn if they didn't get so many things right with this. I liked the look of the originals but never really liked the look of the touch bar thing.

Bought one this past December and I absolutely adore it. I was sad to find that it was, at the time (unknown if it's been addressed yet) incompatible with Hori's own silent Hayabusa stick (had 8 minute timeouts on PS4), but I put a Sanwa 3rd gen silent in to achieve the same effect and pretty much same feel. Still rocking Hayabusa pushbuttons. Absolutely incredible stick for the minimalist-minded.

Hellsing

Oct 25, 2017
That Victrix Pro FS is looking really neat. Kinda want to buy it so I can use it for my Switch and PS4 but my PS4/PS3 to Switch Brook Converter refuses to update. Can't figure out what's wrong with it. I keep getting this dumb "VIDPID UKNOW" error. The Hori stick for Switch has been my friend for now but I really wish I could get my brook converter to actually work so I can use my TE2 (among other ones).

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
I have my qanba obsidian, i like it but i like the way the q4raf had the start button.

I wonder of the obsidian will work on ps5...

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have experience with how well a Mad Catz TES+ works on pc?

When I had a TES+ it worked fine on my then Win7 PC, but that was back when MadCatz was still in business. The PC drivers haven't been updated since early 2017 and IIRC the drivers won't install on current versions of Windows 10. I've gotten around that with my TE2+ by letting Steam handle the controller config, but that doesn't replace dedicated drivers.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
When I had a TES+ it worked fine on my then Win7 PC, but that was back when MadCatz was still in business. The PC drivers haven't been updated since early 2017 and IIRC the drivers won't install on current versions of Windows 10. I've gotten around that with my TE2+ by letting Steam handle the controller config, but that doesn't replace dedicated drivers.
Ah thanks. Sounds like I should probably look at something else since I intend for pc use and not only steam. Was hoping prime day might have a decent sale pop up, so far just Panthera Evo for not much off.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Ah thanks. Sounds like I should probably look at something else since I intend for pc use and not only steam. Was hoping prime day might have a decent sale pop up, so far just Panthera Evo for not much off.
I just saw a Qanba Crystal for $103 on the Prime Day deals. It's not using Sanwa or Seimitsu stuff but it's a good basic stick if you just want to have/use a stick and get used to it first. It's PS3/4, so it'll work on PC fine.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Been seriously considering buying an Etokki Omni for awhile now but still can't fully commit. Anyone else here have one? What are your thoughts on it?

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Thought about it and ended up getting an obsidian, something I know I would be completely happy with and not need to buy extra parts.