• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lidmat

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
It baffles me that the criteria for banning people on here is so loose. I'm all for banning trolls and derogatory language, but what's wrong with respectful disagreement/argument? I guess moderators want a monolith, rather than a discussion containing diverse views.

Anyway, write up some phony ResetEra ban reason and post what that user would be banned for. Preferably something someone here has said before.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the exact opposite. This forum is way too lenient and lets too much shit slide to the point of marginalization being rampant and literally leading to women and poc leaving this forum because of piece of shit trolls guising their hatred and bigotry in a veil of civility.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
If you have issues with the moderation, it's more productive to PM a mod or admin for clarification on concrete examples. This vague Kafka trap you've constructed is childish and will help no one, assuming you're arguing in good faith.

OP
OP

lidmat

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
User banned (permanent): False racial equivalency. Previous infractions.

Sincerest

Jan 22, 2018
Enforcement. It leans heavily on subjectivity, rather than objective.

How a mod "feels" rather than rules.

E.g., users can say fuck the police or all police are pigs and should die, but you can't make a post about how all post office employees are trash.

But maybe that's the way to go.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
You wont get banned for this but then banned for whatever you post with "History of infractions"

OP
OP

lidmat

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Returning from a ban to create a troll thread, making transphobic jokes, previous severe infractions
Mod says something.
User: He said something.

User banned (9 days): assuming gender of mods

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017

E.g., users can say fuck the police or all police are pigs and should die, but you can't make a post about how all post office employees are trash.

Going to need the receipts on this one.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
Couldn't you just PM a moderator rather than nail yourself to your own cross for a sad display of attention?

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD

If we were dealing with an issue where post office workers were murdering black people and then the other post office workers had a habit of standing with them no matter how egregious the situation, I bet you'd see similar attitudes.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel the exact opposite. This forum is way too lenient and lets too much shit slide to the point of marginalization being rampant and literally leading to women and poc leaving this forum because of piece of shit trolls guising their hatred and bigotry in a veil of civility.
I guess it's difficult to pro-actively moderate such a large and well used site, so if you see something you think it ban worthy, report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.