• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
rgE8JBV.jpg

A home for all custom cover designs, original templates, logos, PSD. file sharing, etc... for all consoles, new and old!
Get started with the help of these (google searched) basic PNG files. More elaborate templates should be added in time:

PLAYSTATION 4 Cover - Basic PNG file
https://image.ibb.co/my5Hcm/ps4_cover_template_by_the_prototype92_d7496oy.png

XBOX ONE - Basic PNG file
https://image.ibb.co/iy1ZOR/XBOX_ONE.png

NINTENDO SWITCH Cover - Basic PNG file
https://image.ibb.co/eDrUq6/SWITCH_COVER.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first contributions:

RESIDENT EVIL VII Biohazard - PS4
  • Preview
HM55KHn.jpg

• Full cover file

DRAGON'S DOGMA DARK ARISEN - PS4

• Preview
p2ULE9m.jpg

• Full cover

DESTINY 2 - PS4

• Preview
54hOZlh.jpg

Happy sharing! :)

Adopt-a-user thread, on behalf of Purple Mug

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting for this thread. These eventual covers will go great with Launchbox and when I eventually put all game installers on discs so I won't have to download constantly.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Sweet! I've been hoping that a thread like this would be made. I love these custom covers!
Thanks!
I'm doing a FF15 one but have no idea what to do with the back.

Quick photoshop screengrab
PJCnbOg.png
Wow that looks amazing! I can't wait for the back! I am curious though. Will the green lines be visible if I print it out?

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Can I ask, how do you print these off so they are the correct size, do you for example you do not print them "to fill page"?

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Can I ask, how do you print these off so they are the correct size, do you for example you do not print them "to fill page"?
Yeah, print without any sort of "fill page" or crop. Should come out the correct size.

Dude, Purple. These are all really sweet! Keep up the great work!

Reminds me I need to finish the FF15 one...

Allow me to show off my lot!

More below! Make sure to click the download button for their original sizes!

https://goldmetalsonic.deviantart.com/gallery/

Great stuff! :D

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, I have a request! :)

Could anyone make a US version of the below RER1 cover? With the ESRB logo and all. Title would need to be 'Resident Evil' instead of Biohazard, too.

The US version of the collection is ugly, with the download label and the fact that it's only RER1 on the cartridge, might as well have the box only for RER1. Would be awesome to have it in a ready to print format as well.

Thanks to whoever takes this task.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Hey all, I have a request! :)

Could anyone make a US version of the below RER1 cover? With the ESRB logo and all. Title would need to be 'Resident Evil' instead of Biohazard, too.

The US version of the collection is ugly, with the download label and the fact that it's only RER1 on the cartridge, might as well have the box only for RER1. Would be awesome to have it in a ready to print format as well.

Thanks to whoever takes this task.
Holy crap I was just about to ask that question here!

I second this! Please someone who knows how to do this well! That download label looks really bad!

It can be either of the two covers that Seik mentioned but the one that says Collection makes more sense since the back cover has both titles showing.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
I've made a few for PS4 games, click the images if you wanna print these out at Fed Ex or whatever.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a website collection for various game assets, or is Google my friend?

Want to recreate the box art for L.A. Noire on Switch without that butt ugly white rectangle at the top, and maybe include some interior art, but all I have is paint.net and the few images I have been able to work with aren't the right size, all things considered

Fake Edit: Something like this, but obviously with matching red colours for the spine and logo

Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Wasn't that fond of the Shadow of the Colossus version and decided to work on a replacement. Thought I might as well make one for The Last Guardian that sort of matched and I kind of liked the idea of also having the Japanese title on there.
dVrHwov.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't that fond of the Shadow of the Colossus version and decided to work on a replacement. Thought I might as well make one for The Last Guardian that sort of matched and I kind of liked the idea of also having the Japanese title on there.
dVrHwov.jpg
Great distinct artstyle.

For the love of god someone please change the atrocity that is The Witcher 3 cover.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to get back into this. It's been a year since I made one.

dVrHwov.jpg

Hey buddy! A familiar face!

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see this thread again! Reposting my two, basic, contributions from back on GAF.

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made a custom cover for Mass Effect a few years back when I purchased a copy from Gamestop that didn't have the original cover for some reason. I'll see if I can find it.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I picked up copies of Doom and TMNT Mutants in Manhattan from Redbox a while back which didn't come with cover art/cases. The cases I have, the cover art...can someone with much greater ability than I have create cover art (custom or not) for Xbox One versions of these titles?

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where do you guys go to get this stuff printed properly? I've always wanted to print some of these to replace some god awful box arts...

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have the links to the Dropbox and Google Drive folders that contained all the custom box arts made at the old site?

edit: I found the Dropbox link. Zajora created the account in 2013 though, so it doesn't contain all the art that was made by people. Though it does contain the Frozen and Blue Is The Warmest Color covers that I commissioned.

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize this thread was even here. I might get back into the game depending on how much time I have.

Also, I guess I'll share some minimalist-style cover templates I use where it's just the console logo without any colored band.

And could the OP share the Photoshop routine or whatever they use to create the display images in the OP?

Oh, and if anybody knows how to do this in GIMP that would be a huge help.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
so recently i've been trying to cut down the number of ps3 games on the shelf but at the same time keep the games on the shelf in collection/trilogy cases but i'm not really having much luck finding anything, anyone got suggestions on where stuff like this is done now? VGboxart used to be a good place for it but then they redesigned the site and i think most of the good designers left

closest i've got to one of the game sets i need is this but unfortunately the download is locked behind a paywall with no paypal support and card only payment methods

Pbauqt5.jpg

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, here are the "minimalist-style" templates I have for PS4, Xbox One, PC/DVD-ROM, and Switch. The PS4 one is NOT MINE. Someone on the old forum made it. You could probably find out who if you searched for that thread. The Xbox template is literally just the Blu-Ray template with an Xbox One logo on the side. The dimensions should be identical, and the Xbox One top banner is actually part of the box itself. I can't confirm right now, but the Switch one might actually be a combination template where you can turn different parts of the labeling on and off.

PC: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xxy6zdny8gclbix/pcdvdromtemplate_minimal.psd
PS4: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rs9stmvohg9i1i9/PS4_Minimal.psd
Xbox: http://www.mediafire.com/file/27j25zm5uy6611f/Xbox_One_Min.psd
Switch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zwbdpvuh135n3yb/box_nintendo-switch.psd

This is an example of what a "minimalist" PS4 box art looks like:

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Figured this would be the best place for this

Anyone here good with photoshop? I picked up a copy of Lightening Force at Entertainmart for dirt cheap, but the label is nearly all gone and written all over. Was hoping someone would be willing to doing a quick cart label for me using this template here. Doesn't have to be super good. Just some spacey themed background with a spaceship and the title on top. Its just for my personal collection, so, doesn't have to be great.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/21bm8b6.jpg

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
When I get some free time I really want to dive into this. Was one of my favorite kinda threads on the old place.

jayvo

Oct 27, 2017
Why does the Xbox One template in the OP have Playstation text on the back? Or is it just for example purposes?

Toadofsky

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
Ooooh! I remember this thread on the other site!! I'll have to see if I can find some of those old covers I made and post them here!

VKO-GFX

Dec 19, 2017
Figured this would be the best place for this

Anyone here good with photoshop? I picked up a copy of Lightening Force at Entertainmart for dirt cheap, but the label is nearly all gone and written all over. Was hoping someone would be willing to doing a quick cart label for me using this template here. Doesn't have to be super good. Just some spacey themed background with a spaceship and the title on top. Its just for my personal collection, so, doesn't have to be great.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/21bm8b6.jpg

I made some small changes to the template provided. I added the gray bar and grid on top. I tried to match it as close to the original cart as possible. Hope that's okay. I could easily make another version without the template changes I made.