Resetera December 2017 Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2017
Thank you team for all of your efforts.

I mentioned to someone that it has felt like this forum has been around forever. That is a great thing :)

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome newsletter, and a great read, and monetization is somewhat expected as the site requires a reliable, constant funding source to keep it self-sufficient and operational.

Ads similar to the old forum would be fine, though an "ad-free" paid option would also be cool. Look forward to seeing more news about it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with loot boxes so long as it comes with those fancy music when you open one like in overwatch.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying these updates. Thanks for putting them together and I hope the site manages to be profitable once monetization kicks in, assuming its not over the top awful (all those redirects on gaf were unbearable).

Oct 27, 2017
This newsletter was very informative and easy to read. I look forward to reading them in the future.

BTW I don’t mind ads, I just wonder are all ads cookies based nowadays? Cause I’d rather have ads that aren’t.

GHG

Oct 26, 2017
I'd just like to chime in and say the progress this site has made in a short space of time has been remarkable.

I would gladly pay an annual fee for Resetera Gold if that's an option so that I can continue to have an ad free experience :)

Lootboxes for cosmetic items such as tags and the like would be hilarious though.

Selina

Gotham's Finest
Administrator
Oct 28, 2017
Congrats Selina, you'll do a wonderful job! I wish you the best Methuselah, I'll always think of you when remembering the cyclone of events that were the discord days =). Of course we've already all met and worked together a bit, but I'd like to formally welcome the new mods! You guys rock!

As for OTs, I've only poked my head socially into the Curse of Osiris thread, but I finally picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and might be peaking in there as well. And of course, wonderful newsletter again Nicole!

Unfortunately it appears taste is not a requirement for mod status.
Your favorite FF is the worst one.
jk it's XIII
Congrats Selina.
You guys are doing a great job; I hope moving into monetization goes smoothly. I know how expensive running something like this can be.
Thanks Robin and Aeana!

Also, great work on the newsletter as always, SweetNicole, and thanks for the lovely words! Also, all the best to Methuselah, I have big shoes to fill.

I hope I do you all proud!

Oct 25, 2017
Ads are fine with me as long as the mobile ads don't completely destroy the browsing experience by vibrating my phone nonstop with pop up shit like another forum had massive issues with.

So I'm about to fall asleep but I just wanted to let the resetera team know. I have like $15 bucks In my Paypal right now. I will give y'all $7 of those paypal Dollars if I can get a Duran Duran sub forum. I will throw in another $3 bucks if it becomes official policy to perma ban anyone who wanders into the Duran Duran Sub Forum to question why it exists.

Oct 27, 2017
That's totally cool but I think a big concern is community generated and moderated content lining the pockets of a few people. There's some history to that.

Newsletter is awesome.
I seriously doubt they'll go that route considering how things went down elsewhere, this board is nothing without the users and lots of people will go someplace if they learn that someone tries to get rich here considering the historic events. As I understand it's all about covering the costs of hosting this site and adding new features this time, which is perfectly fine.

But no annoying ads please!

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for update, SweetNicole, and to the whole ResetEra team for the continued hard work - and for the communication of that to us, most of all.

Just one minor nitpick, but I checked both my notification, and the thread title and time stamps a few times, as I wasn't sure if I was reading a new update, or something from last month - should this newsletter not be named the 'January 2018' one instead (even if this may belatedly be December's)?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Great update! Thank you for remaining so professional and dedicated to this community.

I look forward to learning more about the monetization plans, specifically whether there will be an option for a paid ad-free version. Era Gold, if you will.

Also I hope version 2.0 brings with it an Easter egg or two, a la the Konami code.

Keep up the great work y'all!

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I'm putting down loadsamoney that January's best thread award will go to the Anime OT (no bias).

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the monetisation options. It's incredible that you guys have funded this site for three months, but I would really like to give something back, either by ads or paying for some subscription.

Everyone talking about monetization using loot boxes and I'm here hoping for a gacha method.

I want to roll for threads to post in, and then be forced to pay for additional rolls after getting a ton of duplicate threads I don't care for.

Sir Guts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like the format of the newsletter. I also don’t mind ads as long as it will keep the site going! Thank you all

Oct 25, 2017
Great continued job with the site and thank you to all of the staff.

Quick question though, how does someone actually get in the running for a position as a Mod?
just wondering as due to current circumstances im basically on here browsing and posting all day/night(in a wide range of topics) and when the site was going up I was actually really wanting to be a part of the team.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Please, no intrusive ads.

Thanks.
Yup, and considering Meltdown and Spectre, knowing that most android people will not be up do date and that desktop web browsers won't be up to date neither, please only use a well respected, serious ad revenues provider.

Anyway, that's boss that the self-funded 2017 run has been achieved considering the amount of users, a big thank you from someone who despise ads.

The site is stable, functionalities are robust, and conversations are moderated while still allowing some degrees of freedom with use of warning before ban, thanks staff :)

Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
No more mod exclusive GOTY threads, please. Also, I would have addressed that controversy in the newsletter.

Otherwise, very good work so far. I don't mind the ads and won't use ad blockers on the site.

i-Lo

Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Thanks for the comprehensive update and congrats to the new mods.

Question: Are the "Preferences" functions non-functional at this time? I have checked the boxes and avatars to hide them but they still show up. I am using Chrome btw.

Oct 28, 2017
That's totally cool but I think a big concern is community generated and moderated content lining the pockets of a few people. There's some history to that.

Newsletter is awesome.
Sure but why is that a concern? As long as it doesn’t hinder content generation or communication I can’t see the problem. Running a website is a ton of work and eventually thanks aren’t enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.