• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

funkygallo

Oct 27, 2017
Bought Nine Parchments for the Switch.

24796780_10208311139136350_1764936381081015847_n.jpg

Awesome game!

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh my 3DS finally came in.

I'm late to the 3DS party but damn are there a lot of games I want to play on it. These three will keep me busy for a while though.

D3nzBBH.jpg

Macross

Nov 5, 2017
USA
302m5fn.jpg

Finally got my stuff to come in, very active BF this year. All this stuff was on sale, id been wanting to play both Ass Creed and SoW, was able to obtain both of them for the price of one. The other four were cheap, especially Injustice 2. Not a big fighting game guy if it isnt Tekken, but Injustice Gods among us had a great story, and the visuals for the sequel are super impressive. And for 14 bucksx why not, now I can enjoy the best DC Universe Cinematic experience.

And the Vizio m50-e1 50 inch 4k hdr Tv to finally enjoy all these games on the PS4 Pro.

Now that is a lot of gaming time in that purchase.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh my 3DS finally came in.

I'm late to the 3DS party but damn are there a lot of games I want to play on it. These three will keep me busy for a while though.

D3nzBBH.jpg

It really is an excellent library isn't it? Especially if you missed out on the DS, there's just so many quality titles available. Great choices to start off with. If you wind up liking Fire Emblem Awakening I'd suggest Stella Glow. I've not played much of it but the bits I've played have been quite fun.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Ryu Ga Gotoku Kiwami 2 LE is gorgeous. Can't wait for Hokuto's one now.

B1qGvSE.jpg
J5zhdtp.jpg
dtfFDkD.jpg

Also picked up Zelda for the Switch, but forgot to photograph it.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
vUTlFzv.jpg

I've been curious about this game for a good while since it's an Itagaki game. Thankfully the stupid prices for it aren't insanely high anymore. I still had to basically pay full price for it though. Unfortunately now that I got it... I realize that I have no motivation to hooking my Wii U back up. I'll probably wait 'till after the holidays before I finally try it out (I've kinda gotten myself in a little Hands of Fate hole, and I just bought 2, too!).

tUuorDM.jpg

Just got the map for Sid Meier's Pirates! on the NES which I posted earlier in the thread. USPS, for some reason, after it arrived in my town decided to ship it across the state and then back here again. So that was nice.

Oct 25, 2017
It really is an excellent library isn't it? Especially if you missed out on the DS, there's just so many quality titles available. Great choices to start off with. If you wind up liking Fire Emblem Awakening I'd suggest Stella Glow. I've not played much of it but the bits I've played have been quite fun.
I'll keep it in mind, but I'm not sure how many SRPGs I can handle. I usually can play just one or two a year before I get burned out on the genre.

I like that snes design!
I wasn't sure how I would feel about it until I got it in my hands. It's pretty cool, it looks great in person and the lavender/light purple face buttons are very nice.

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
TzPJsFx.jpg

Old mic was really just a Logitech webcam that the camera didn't even work in anymore so I decided to upgrade! Really wish I could turn the red light off, though.

Deleted member 13506

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
TzPJsFx.jpg

Old mic was really just a Logitech webcam that the camera didn't even work in anymore so I decided to upgrade! Really wish I could turn the red light off, though.

It's a great all around mic, but your are right about the light, and it's a comment I've seen frequently. I think Blue needs to put in a bit more effort instead of just releasing new colors of the mic. There are a few workarounds (electical tape; or somehow removing the light), but I just got a pop filter (similar to https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WVFRW4H/?tag=era0f0-20 my mic is on an arm too lol so ymmv) which greatly reduces the intensity of the light (especially when its close to you on your desk). I think overall quality is a bit better with my setup with the pop filter, but only slightly.

SnowCrow

Oct 25, 2017
jI1ZeZcl.jpg

Neon Switch owner now. Earliest I've ever gotten a console from release surprisingly. Still undecided on which games to get right now, there's quite a few that got my interest but I can't get them all.
Need to get a screen protector asap though for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
That 3ds is beautiful. If I didnt own a black one already, I wanted that so bad. Is it hackable? I might have to pick one up even if its not.
Unfortunately I updated it as soon as I turned it on without thinking, so I don't know what firmware it arrived with.

Other things that people might want to know:
  • I'm not an expert but I think it has the TN display. The colors wash out when you go off-angle. Doesn't bother me, but a lot of people seem concerned with getting IPS units.
  • The hinge is extremely tight and solid. I saw the wobbly 2DS XL videos and was a little worried but my unit has absolutely zero wobble. I'm confident you could bounce a golf ball off the top screen and it wouldn't move at all, it's a very tight and strong hinge and feels great to open and close.
  • Doesn't come with a power cable, obviously. I bought a 3DS-to-USB cable and use my external phone battery to power it up and it works great.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
A few new pick-ups:

Never played Valkyrie Profile, so I'm looking forward to this...it wasn't on the PSN store, so I just went ahead and picked it up on PSP.

valkyrie.jpg

Some manga! Been collecting Gundam: The Origin for a bit, and I've only got four volumes left. Simply one of the best manga I've ever read. Also, looks like a bunch of nice editions of Matsumoto manga are finally coming out in the West, and I'm absolutely going to snatch them all up.

manga.jpg

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
A Geforce GTX 1060
9wPIqrS.jpg

A Super Nintendo Switch 64 Entertainment System (and 128GB micro SD)
nqZEyPt.jpg

I now own a Nintendo system for the first time in my life.

Suur Tõll

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
First off, crossposting from the Wristwatches thread:
I backed the Baltic WatchesKickstarter in May and finally received my automatic three-hander last week. Fortunately, it was worth the wait. I really dig its understated, faithful mid-20th century style and the many lovely subtleties, such as the changing hue on the blued hour and minute hands (I tried to capture it in the images below), the combination of polished and brushed finishing on the case, and even the period-correct acrylic crystal (a point of contention for many, or so I've heard).

hms001_17nquk.jpg

hms001_26iq4p.jpg

The movement is a Miyota 821A, which I understand is unremarkable for watch connoisseurs, but seeing as this is my first automatic watch, it still feels pretty special to me.

hms001_3v7pdy.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with the watch and will probably end up purchasing many different straps for it as the design should go nicely with almost any type of strap.

Having purchased a Nikon D3300 in July to replace the D80 that gave up the ghost last year, I decided to get this Nikkor AF-S 35mm DX 1.8G lens for it. After weirdly using a 50mm as my main lens for the last few years, I think I can never go back to zoom lenses now - I just like the creative mindset fixed focal length lenses cultivate in me too much. The 35mm allows me to be much more versatile in my shooting than the 50mm and was great value for money to boot.

pickups_1chrml.jpg

Even though my first console was a NES, for some reason it's the SNES that brings out the most nostalgia in me. Countless hours spent in front of Star Fox/Wing, Super Metroid and Street Fighter II left an imprint in my brain that will probably last until the end. It really was a no-brainer of a purchase, to belabour the metaphor.

pickups_2vjrip.jpg

A Logitech G Pro to replace my previous mouse (a SteelSeries Xai, which I loved, sadly the scrolling wheel broke). Naturally I switched off the lighting first thing. :) Otherwise seems like a solid choice.

pickups_3p0pvl.jpg

As for videogames, this will be all the game I can manage for the foreseeable future. 63 hours in and it feels like I've barely scratched the surface. Admittedly, I am taking it nice and easy, roaming around the countryside, helping people bury their relatives and find their livestock; haven't even ventured into the larger cities yet.

pickups_4w7qfe.jpg

Last edited:

nny

Oct 25, 2017
My subscription copy of Edge celebrating Final Fantasy's anniversary was FF III - lovely artwork:

ZxZqSea.jpg

Another Kickstarter-funded Tezuka batch arrived:

1MPfGzH.jpg

Finally picked up a physical copy of Talos, one of my favorite puzzle games:

XNEF3cL.jpg

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Some new stuff, I finally have the complete Kill La Kill series. It only cost a fortune >_<
25284611398_1f01249830.jpg
24290167857_ff14206d4b.jpg

not pictured: Overwatch (PC)

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
youboughtavita.gif
youboughta64gbcard.gif

p9UHejd.jpg

Yay! Congrats! :D. Man the Aqua Blue one, too - great choice :D. If it's your first time jumping into the system you have a LOT to get through - there's a huge catalog and the system really brings out the convenience for several of those titles. If not then then congrats for returning :D. Be sure to head over to the Vita OT too.

PS:

xjPi6Th.gif

3YYaYjc.gif

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
So uh... Last night my friend threw me a message saying "YOU WON!", and frankly I didn't know what he was talking about. Turned out my entry into a competition, back in September (i think) wasn't for nothing.

I won the following:

- PS4 Pro with 2TB
- 2x Crystal Dualshock 4 controllers
- 12 months of PSN
- 4 games of own choice, of which I chose:
- Persona 5
- Wipeout Omega Collection
- Fifa 18
- Bioshock Collection

In all honesty I couldn't care less about the actual products, but I haven't had much luck in life recently, and I am fine with working hard for the things I get, but the actual surprise of winning something - and then something I can cherish and use! That's so cool! But I am giving one of the controllers to my brother and one to my mother.

Guess I should finally go for a 4k tv! So psyched!

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap folks. Please quote your images ;)
I've been trying resizing my images. Quoting images still seems... weird to me. Are they still too large this way?

rWGeRR9.jpg

Wanted to spice up my elite controller a little more by giving it a more "Lunar" look.

Here's how it used to look.
MBRwhNa.jpg

Judging from reviews I've seen on Amazon, the white shell will start to yellow after a few months, or even start to turn pink/red. I'm going to try the vinyl dye I have on it when it happens to me. Not sure if it'll work well on the soft-touch finish, but if it doesn't... oh well. It was only like 13 bucks.
Main problem I have with my new setup is that the gold hardware I got to go with my white shell. The replacement sticks are capped with hard-plastic nubs, not rubber like the originals and I'm having a problem with one of my new gold paddles.
Z8U3vYA.jpg

The lower-left (lower-right as pictured- replaced with the original paddle that does work properly) paddle simply won't activate the switch as it should. I have to press really firmly in the corner/crevice to get it to work, so I'm just going to not use them I think.
I finally started playing Hands of Fate after it went Games for Gold like... a year or two ago, and I really really liked it. So much that I wanted a physical copy of the game so I bought a copy from someone who had the indiebox release.
a8yzyxP.jpg

(Kitty just wanted to get in the way, as usual...)
Back of box
dL7yRLY.jpg

It's nice to have a nice physical DRM free copy of the game on a disc, but really... I just wanted the cards. I basically paid 35 dollars for a deck of themed playing cards.
vxiettA.jpg

I still feel fine about it though...

Got some "internet-person" coffee!
iRuiSn3.jpg

Just brewed up a cup (still have a little bit left of that Big Bang stuff, which I really liked. I saw it in a previous PUP thread).
0IMCQ7a.jpg

One day I'll have to finally get rid of that Senseo. Not today, though...

BMiFs5g.jpg

Pretty good cup of coffee. I made it a little too strong because it's been a while and I let it brew for 2 whole minutes but it's still not bitter, and tastes pretty good and gave me a nice kick.

Last edited:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017

Sweet. They don't look too big to me, but I'm never sure if there's someone out there for whom they would be too large.
First off, crossposting from the Wristwatches thread:

Having purchased a Nikon D3300 in July to replace the D80 that gave up the ghost last year, I decided to get this Nikkor AF-S 35mm DX 1.8G lens for it. After weirdly using a 50mm as my main lens for the last few years, I think I can never go back to zoom lenses now - I just like the creative mindset fixed focal length lenses cultivate in me too much. The 35mm allows me to be much more versatile in my shooting than the 50mm and was great value for money to boot.

pickups_1chrml.jpg
Man, I love this lens. Although since I've gotten a 17-55 2.8 at the beginning of the year, I only use it when there's a tiny bit of light available or if I'm like... giving my camera to some kids to run around and take pictures since it's so light. I do like how with the primes you have to be like "Okay, how am I gonna get this?" though.

Suur Tõll

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
I do like how with the primes you have to be like "Okay, how am I gonna get this?" though.
Exactly! It's like a little puzzle every time and when the solution works, it's a really nice feeling. Whenever I'm "stuck" with a zoom lens now, the fact of not having to solve these puzzles all the time is a big bummer for me. I might have a case of Stockholm syndrome when it comes to lenses. :)

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Just a quick mobile photo before I prepare dinner but I present my first ever post to a pick up thread!

Double whammy of vinyl & this sweet ass Ursine Geralt statue.

3vNYUOC.jpg

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since I posted in one of these. Got a bunch of stuff for my Birthday.

XLu7M4B.jpg

wWM8PRrn4Qlcb4JmhSeiTj9Xc85Dt54eYOKp_esDiZFvZD1vQM3eL-0Sv7_DnF35WxdvxXXwy8sR2hnlHz8x=w2445-h1320-rw

Last edited:

RealPlumpBox

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Once again my lazy ass has not posted pickups for a while. So lots of incoming pics.

Gaming pick ups first:

Ebay purchase.

xUdzmu9l.jpg

A few local pick ups. One more off the Silent Hill quest!

vcwXJ18l.jpg

Bunch of games from multiple outlets. Yes thats two copys of Chaos Child. Amazon sent me an opend damaged copy of release day and made up for it with a free copy.

wdUJaCrl.jpg

ACPGBZNl.jpg

HCb3Qwdl.jpg

o6l4WJpl.jpg

5LfGu8al.jpg

odfnnFZl.jpg

6wPbfMal.jpg

C0bPuMOl.jpg

I dont even own a Switch.

vNQbw9ol.jpg

Finally got my Kickstarter edition.

D0Um8EYl.jpg

Local game shop here is Seattle always has LRG in stock (one copy each of maybe a dozen games) and they are only marked up $5 from what LRG sells them at.

Ipj5hbrl.jpg

Undertale PS4 regualr and Vita Limited ver.

cfw6cgHl.jpg

Got this on Amazon. The had it for $20 a few weeks ago. Its bad game. I just wanted it for a cool collecting item. Wish it came in shrink wrap though.

orXKzMDl.jpg

whggK07l.jpg

gU9Yrtol.jpg

I never bu FunkoPOP trash bu this I could not help myself. MST3K. Best things ever.

ohheyACl.jpg

Uxr4r1Tl.jpg

Lastly a new socket set for work.

qtBe9b2l.jpg

Oh and Merry Christmas peoples!

mTDJDa4l.jpg