- Feb 15, 2018
how do you vote tho?
Wut. Detroit for sure is going to make it into the top 20 at least.
Agreed. Obra Dinn should be in puzzle, not adventureThis is the first time I’m gonna do one of these on Resetera. Can’t wait.
Although I find it strange Return of the Obra Dinn is categorized in adventure. Sure you are exploring this abandoned ship, but the way you progress thru the game by solving these murders is done in a very puzzle like method. Always thought of it as a puzzle game first and Adventure game second.
Speaking of Adventure games, here’s a couple of games that need to be added to the list to vote on:
- Wandersong-Released on Switch, PC and Mac on 9/27/18. Developed by Greg Lobanov (or formerly Dumb and Fat Games) and genre is adventure.
- Shapeshifting Detective: Released on PS4, XB1, Switch, PC and Mac. Developed by Wales Interactive and D’Avekki Studios Ltd and genre is adventure.
There was a remake category last year as well.
Best Remake: Metroid: Samus Returns = 359 points, 13 honorable mentions
2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe = 264 points, 13 honorable mentions
3. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia = 166 points, 5 honorable mentions
4. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy = 149 points, 4 honorable mentions
5. Stardew Valley = 127 points, 2 honorable mentions
6. Wipeout Omega Collection = 46 points, 8 honorable mentions
7. Superhot VR = 43 points, 1 honorable mentions
8. Doom = 43 points, 3 honorable mentions
9. Undertale = 42 points, 1 honorable mentions
10. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim = 39 points, 0 honorable mentions
We generally remove special characters from names when we parse the votes, so either way it should be fine. Also, we check to see if certain keywords are within game titles and combine them that way. Either way, your votes should be counted.Surely Marvel’s Spider-Man should be correctly represented in the spreadsheet (it’s currently listed as Marvel’s Spiderman.) We may see votes both ways, as well as without the “Marvel’s” prefix so it’s in danger of losing votes due to variations used, but at least the correct spelling should count!
I had a blast with it. It could probably be my #10 or my last pick, but I sure as hell will vote for it. Interrogating someone as Connor with THREE different people choosing had me in tears of laughter - only other games in which I laughed as much this year were MH World coop and Smash with 8 people last night
In my opinion, a game should be eligible in both the year it releases on Early Access and the year it leaves Early Access. If ports and re-masters are eligible across multiple years, then so should Early Access.
It will get a high ranking in my poll if it helps you feel better. Not normally a JRPG player but Octopath really grabbed me by beating some of the characters stories and figuring out how to have the ideal team. It rules.