• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
  1. Super Mario Maker 2 - The most number of hours I spent on a video-game this year. Still super intuitive and fun interface to use. Creating levels and test them with those spot-on Mario controls is always a pleasure. - 5/5.
  2. Return Of The Obra Dinn - The best detective video-game ever IMO. Actual reasoning and observation required. Everytime you get 3 identities right, the satisfaction is immense and you feel very clever. Very unique presentation and memorable soundtrack. An instant classic. - 5/5.
  3. Baba Is You - Best new gameplay concept of the year. Incredibly clever and requires outside the box thinking. The total number of puzzles is also very impressive. Spending more than 50 hours on a puzzle game is a rare occurence. - 5/5.
  4. Untitled Goose Game - Very charming, funny and clever little game. The goose is perfectly animated and the dynamic music is a very nice touch. Love the fact that it's a non-punishing "stealth" game. Actually one of the best video-game story twist of the year too. - 5/5.
  5. Downwell - Very smart and elegant game design where procedurally generated levels make sense for a change. Feels like a forgotten arcade classic. - 5/5.
  6. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Excellent and ambitious evolution to the franchise. Choosing your house and path was quite the dilemma. You really get attached to your students. Bernadetta was a killer. The school management aspect gets repetitive and too time-consuming after a while though. A bit disappointed with the story conclusion as well. The next installment should be even better. - 4/5.
  7. Resident Evil 2 - Gorgeous remake. The second half is weaker. - 4/5.
  8. Sayonara Wild Hearts - My favorite soundtrack and art design-audio experience of the year, but a bit short and not all the tracks are fun to replay which is a shame given the length. - 4/5.
  9. Luigi's Mansion 3 - Amazing looking game and one of the best animations of the year. It really looks like an iteractive animated CG movie. Climbing those 15 floors gets a little repetitive towards the end. The economy system is completely useless with too much money to collect everywhere with no purpose at all. - 4/5.
  10. Astral Chain - Nice twist on the character action genre and original combat system but not a fan of the story, characters and universe. The Astral plane parts are really dull and uninspired visually. Good effort on Platinum's part for trying to add side activities and variety outside of combat. - 4/5.

Played this year but not ranked:

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Devil May Cry V
Cadence Of Hyrule
The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Katana Zero
Gato Roboto
Celeste: Farewell
Hyper Light Drifter: Special Edition
Mark Of The Ninja Remastered
Octahedron: Transfixed Edition
WarGroove
Tangle Tower
Ape Out
Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom
Rain World
Spider-Man
Minit
Her Story
Broken Age

**VoteBot: Thanks for participating in ResetEra GOTY 2019! You vote receipt is available here.**

Last edited by a moderator:

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
  1. Disco Elysium - The thing is, this game is just another CRPG, but at the same time it is a very unique game. What sets this game apart is the importance it gives to design. This game is better than all the dozens of CRPGs that have come out in recent years, because while it presents similar systems, it just found a better way to present them. It improves the genre by acknowledging that little things matter, the placement of the dialogue box, the way it tries to keep the information given to player brief, but then it repeats the information in different forms, a conversation system that is entertaining, among other things.

One particular aspect it improves, is in the conversation system. In some of the best RPGs ever made, the things you will always remember, is how immerse you felt when making a decision. In games like the elder scrolls, fallout, mass effect, when you make an important decisions it usually happens after you have talked to your party, you've talked to several NPCs, how good those conversations are then predicts how immerse you'll feel in the game world. In this game you have 24 skills and really well written characters with you at all times. Every time they chime in their own perspectives into your conversations you learn something new and it immerses you into the lore of the world. Since you can have different skills maxed out at different times, the conversations and interactions between skill voices varies through out playthroughts.

I honestly enjoyed this game a ton.

2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I think this game has the best gameplay of all the Souls games. Even though the gameplay is limited in terms of variety as compared with the other titles in the series. How you fight enemies and how you counter them feels very well though out and with a solid foundation. I think in the other souls games, the enemy design tends to be too open, and even some times unfair, because those games expect you to have a multitude of ways you can tackle enemies, so the enemies are then designed with out a specific fight style in mind. In this game, the limitations you have in the player then leads to better enemy design. Because now they know exactly what player can do, the bar for beating a boss then is not in figuring out how your particular set of skills could beat this boss, it is simply on execution.

Additionally the arm gadget can open up the gameplay to multiple play styles.

3. Resident Evil 2 - I didn't believe Capcom could remake this game as well as they did, but they did it and it's amazing. They understood everything they did well with Resident Evil 7.

4. Outer Wilds - The fact that you can't describe this game to someone without spoiling it, it's what makes it so good. It's a game with no quests, no inventory, no weapons, some items, no upgrades, or even linearity in story. A lot of other games are called open world, simulators, story driven. But this game is actually all of those, and much better than what most big budget studios put out.

5. Control - The game is just Quantum Break really, without all the bad design decisions. The lore and writing carries the game, but the gameplay is really fun too.

6. Metro Exodus - Not a lot of people probably played this, because of the Epic controversy, it really doesn't run well on consoles, and the first act of the game is really weak. But the game idea is basically what if you have a road trip with your buddies on a train, through a post apocalyptic world. Story wise it does deliver and it was very entertaining.

7. The Outer Worlds - I honestly expected more than what was there. But it still has a lot of memorable moments. I think conversations between the NPCs were probably the highlight.

8. AI: The Somnium Files - It's another one, and it's good.

9. Destiny 2: Shadowkeep - Because I've played over 300 hrs on Steam, and the guns still feel really good.

10. Escape from Tarkov - Technically their last big update released this year. Basically if I had no life, no work. I would play this game 24/7. The customization of the guns, is what I wish every other game had.

**VoteBot: Thanks for participating in ResetEra GOTY 2019! You vote receipt is available here.**

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Judgment - This had everything I was looking for: a gripping story, a strong cast of characters, over the top action, and a great sense of humor. I thought the story was particularly good, and stood out as my favorite among the Yakuza games I've played thus far. RGG Studio is absolutely on fire and I couldn't be more hyped for what comes next
  2. Control - I was surprised by how much Control won me over. The weapons were interesting and felt good, the visual style was bold and well executed, and there were just so many clever ideas peppered throughout the game.
  3. Resident Evil 2 - I had never played the original RE2, but I could still feel the care and love that went into the remake. They did a remarkable job of modernizing the game while feeling authentic to the original, and have absolutely set the bar for remakes
  4. Outer Wilds - To me, this felt like the next step in walking simulators, and I say that as a good thing. Information is carefully distributed around the universe and it's your job to find it and put the pieces together. There was a point where I felt like the information could have been a bit more helpful, if I'm being honest, and there were a few points where I just did not want to go back to a given area yet again and try to find the one piece of information I was missing. But even in spite of that, the way that information pieced itself together in my head was a sensation that will stand out in my memory
  5. Trials Rising - The tracks in this game are fantastic and there are a lot of them. The multiplayer is fun too, between the Tandem bike and Party mode. But I was not a fan of the map interface, and there are technical issues that are still unresolved (pop-in, load times that feel unnecessary, occasional stuttering). I can't deny how much I enjoyed playing this game, and it remains addictive as ever, but frankly it had too many unforced errors
  6. Untitled Goose Game - A delight! Had a ton of fun playing through this with my kids, all of us giggling. We would open up the to-do list and hypothesize with each other on how to accomplish the tasks, and even if we were wrong, it was still fun. And when we were right, we would erupt in cheers and laughter. That's really all you can ask for
  7. Death Stranding - I'm not sure if I enjoyed this game. There was something compelling about it, but I lost track of how many times I rolled my eyes or just took a deep breath and shook my head. The music was good though.
  8. Kingdom Hearts 3 - I'm glad I played through this game because I now know with certainty that I'm no longer a Kingdom Hearts fan. That's the best thing that came from my time with it.

Quasaromega

Oct 29, 2017
  1. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - A true return to form for Final Fantasy, both in the MMO landscape and as an entry into the long-running series. Coming with an engaging storyline, new jobs, an excellent soundtrack, and many quality of life updates that modernize the game, this easily comes in as my GOTY.
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - This punishing title from From Software takes many of the things people love about Souls-like games and forces then to really master the mechanics behind them. The sound of clanging swords persists in memory, and the sense of triumph over the games many challenges is unlike that of almost anything.
  3. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - A fantastic take on the series standard of tactical, unit-focused turn based strategy. The setting of the monastery and the Persona-esque non-battle gameplay really lets you build personal connections with the characters, and seeing your favorite units grow more effective in battle is tremendously satisfying.
  4. Death Stranding - This unusual game takes package delivery, an uninteresting concept, into a surprisingly immersive and satisfying experience. The otherworldly scenario the game has you go through serves as an interesting obstacle as you try to make traversal of the dangerous landscape ever-easier, and elevates what might otherwise be boring into something truly special.
  5. Judgment - Much like the Yakuza games, the beat-em-up in Kamurocho is filled with fun mini-games, an enjoyable sense of power progression, and most importantly, a story that really pushes you forward. The English voice acting is particularly standout, as well.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beat Bloodstained the other day. I considered fitting it into my list but Christ almighty the Switch bugs / performance sucked. Can't justify it. Game hard crashed probably half a dozen times on.

Also it just looks like ass. I'm sure a lot of those stilted animations are just as bad on better systems.

Pierru

Dec 12, 2017
  1. Devil May Cry 5 - Dante is really back this time, incredible gameplay and challenge. A game straight from the 90's.
  2. Luigi's Mansion 3 - Smart and fun, what else.
  3. Astral Chain - PG Forever. Great aesthetics and mechanics. Instant fun.
  4. Dragon Quest Builders 2 - As great as its predecessor but without its flaws.
  5. Ace Combat 7 - Still got it, even after 30 years.
  6. The Legend of Zelda : Link's Awakening - Loved the new art style and still love the game.
  7. Code Vein - A less solemn DS, finally.
  8. Shenmue 3 - Not only based on nostalgia as Shenmue still got this typical real life flavor that so many games before tried to imitate without any success.
  9. Katana Zero - Short but intense.

Still have to try Outer Wilds, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 and Disco Elysium

electristan

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
  1. Control - peerless worldbuilding, and gave a great sense of power when abilities are all unlocked. Favorite game of the last few years, could barly put it down, managed for sustinance and sleep.
  2. Noita - I finnaly have my Spelunky. A game i keep returing to for 20 minute streches and love just playing around with the incredible engine they have built.
  3. Metro Exodus - atmospher and visuals for days, just a bit boring on the mission side at times
  4. Apex Legends - Have really good times for a few weeks with friends, just wish there was a permanent Solo mode.
  5. Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Finnaly on PC. Enjoying the Reach singleplayer, though Multiplayer on Windows Store seems dead. Technically runs amazingly well and looking forward to future installments.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IxYcAA7.jpg

1. Mortal Kombat 11 - NRS continue to amaze with their ascension as the premiere traditional fighting game developers and MK11 delivered. I enjoyed the faster paced stamina driven gameplay of MKX but in every other instance MK11 did even better.
  2. Resident Evil 2 Remake
  3. Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
  4. Death Stranding
  5. Indivisible
  6. Devil May Cry 5
  7. Anthem
  8. Shenmue 3

Feb 10, 2018
  1. Gears 5 - surpassed expectations in terms of story, gameplay and spectacle.
  2. The outer worlds - fallout in space is something I love.
  3. Resident evil 2 - a childhood classic made with modern tech is somthing very special
  4. Luigi's Mansion 3 - looks amazing on switch hardware, and the gameplay is very fun, the music + sound are excellent too
  5. Astral chain - another one which surpassed expectations, great combat and setting.

May 5, 2018
  1. Devil May Cry 5
  2. Luigi's Mansion 3
  3. Astral Chain
  4. Dragon Quest Builders 2
  5. Ace Combat 7
  6. The Legend of Zelda : Link's Awakening
  7. Code Vein
  8. Shenmue 3
  9. Katana Zero

Still have to try Outer Wilds, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 and Disco Elysium

Hey just a heads up, you need to write something about the games in your top ten (a short sentence for each is the minimum) in order for your list's votes to count.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
  1. Disco Elysium - One of the boldest, most innovative CRPGs ever created. The reason why the genre came back is not to bring us more of the old, but explore new things it can bring to the table, and Disco Elysium's narrative structure and gamification of inner voices is marvelous. I can't stop thinking about this game.
  2. Resident Evil 2 - I can't in good consciousness give Game of the Year to a remake, even though it managed to revitalize, re-energize and re-focus a tight package already produced more than two decades ago. It does the right amount of tinkering to keep you on your toes, throws in just the right surprises to keep you guessing, and pays an immense amount of respect for its source material while making the overall experience feel fresh.
  3. Slay the Spire - A masterful combination of roguelike-like encounter design and deckbuilding structure, Slay the Spire is a masterclass in dynamic gameplay. No two runs are close to the same, with the relics, cards, branching paths up the spire and the challenges presented are enough to keep you playing for hundreds of hours. My most-played game of 2019.
  4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Just like Bloodborne before it, FromSoftware managed to take their inciteful approach to ARPG gameplay design and slap it into a brand new aesthetic and combat direction while losing none of the peps in its step.
  5. Tetris 99 - Easily the best Tetris game to have been released this generation, Tetris 99 doesn't just show you pretty colors and calming music to produce a gameplay-distracting lights show. The advent of its 1vs98 gameplay system adds layers of strategy outside of traditional line-clearing ideas in order to combat anywhere between one and a dozen people targeting you, providing a check and balance to making a competitive and dynamic multiplayer Tetris experience. It's easily one of the best battle royale titles of all-time.
  6. Baba is You - (Puzzle) limits are push. Brain is melt. Baba is win.
  7. Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda - Blending the intrinsically addicting roguelike nature of Crypt of the NecroDancer with the surprisingly lax Nintendo publishing of the Zelda franchise, Cadence of Hyrule is a thrilling action-puzzler with too many bops to count. Shoutouts to the Canadian developers of Brace Yourself Games!
  8. Hypnospace Outlaw - As I brace myself in becoming 30 years old next year, I cannot help but laugh whimsically at the many advents of Web 1.0 development. Hypnospace Outlaw provides a functionally futuristic but 90s stylized internet world to hold a mirror up to a society learning how to express itself online through communities, shared interests, and Granny Cream's Hot Butter Ice Cream.
  9. The Outer Worlds - Despite being a relatively short RPG in the grand scheme of its kind of FPS-RPG trappings, The Outer Worlds' early shine wears off as you approach the end of the game. However, its narrative function around the idea of final stage capitalism and its playful ways of showcasing the absolute horrors of a society that has given every personal freedom to corporations is a fascinating vehicle for its story. Parvati forever.
  10. Untitled Goose Game - Honk.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - This was a runaway winner for me. Probably moved into my all time Top 10 and some of the best and most satisfying boss I've ever experienced. Parrying and counters were so well done, world building was great and interesting, and presentation was flawless. No complaints other than the lack of DLC.
  2. Luigi's Mansion 3 - Presentation and polish on par with Zelda or Mario, looks like a playable Pixar film, creativity in every direction, and probably the best Nintendo-style bosses in a game on Switch. A pretty close to perfect package/execution for what the game set out to do.
  3. Astral Chain - Really well executed new IP, and I loved the combat, legions, and set pieces. And the humor was also good and story under-rated. Its not flawless and they tacked on too many annoying mini-games/stealth parts, but the fun of combat and the spectacle of the game itself and its major set pieces really was something to experience.
  4. Resident Evil 2 Remake - Expertly and almost flawlessly remade. The gameplay is so much better than the original and I can honestly say that the game itself truly scared me, which is something I don't think the original ever could really do. They made a classic even better.
  5. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - I was an early believer from the previews and the game did not disappoint. Like Astral Chain it has minor flaws, but the totality of the experience and its strengths way outweigh its shortcomings. Hopefully a new franchise that we see more of. This could have Uncharted to Uncharted 2 type of quality jump in a sequel if well handled. What's there has that potential.
  6. The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Never played the original, so this was a welcome release and they really nailed it. I loved the art style and the funky/dreamy world.

LTTP GOTYs for me - not for the voting, but I had a big LTTP year, which is why I didn't get to play everything I wanted in terms of new releases this past year.
1) Bloodborne - it became my personal GOAT. What an experience, what a world.
2) Super Metroid - I've played every other 2D metroid, but never had a SNES. Its an all time classic and probably the best way for me to re-connect with my love for the original Metroid on the NES, which this one has in spirit but outdoes without feeling dated. Looks beautiful.
3) Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. This game oozes creativity and I think I might even prefer it to SMW. Nintendo, please to a Yoshi like this again with this level or challenge. It makes all the difference. Gorgeous looking game.
(note that each of these first 3 became an all time Top 25 game for me, as did Sekiro and LM3 on my GOTY list. I guess this can happen when you miss so much of the 16 bit era and the first half of this gen, lol)

4) Guacamelee - An excellent Metroidvania and indy classic. Lived up to the reputation. Had to get the good ending.
5) Crash Bandicoot Insane Trilogy - Fun to revisit these and they were really gorgeous to play.
6) Yoku's Island Express - Very unique game to chill out with, with great artstyle and a unique concept.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - The design is sublime in so many ways. I think it might just be my favourite single player campaign of the whole gen.
  2. Death Stranding - There were some key experiences to be had here that almost put it at number one. One of the most immersive games I've played and the gameplay loop satisfied me a lot.
  3. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - I've restarted the whole game due to a lost save and have put 400+ hours into it. Even with no more gear to grind at the moment I find myself returning to it for a couple hunts on a daily basis. I find the collaboration with random players I don't need to exchange a word with oddly comforting, even when a hunt goes bad, we're all in this together. Thanks to all the players responding to SOS flares, you make this game great.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
  1. Disco Elysium - This game takes the cake for me for best narrative adventure game, best RPG, best characters, best setting, best costumes, many of the best moments I've ever had in games, and by far the best karaoke segment in any game released this year. But it's the sum of all the parts. How the narrative fits together with my clothing choices, or how the characters feel like a real part of this world, or how each moment, and each dialogue decision the player makes impacts every other aspect of the game, that truly makes Disco Elysium a once a generation kind of game, and my personal 2019 GOTY.
  2. Outer Wilds - How did a game with a 22 minute hard limit on completing the game from beginning to end take me 30+ hours to complete (which is the most time I put into any game released in 2019)? By providing an endlessly fascinating, fictional solar system in which you are never guided beyond some basic tutorialization, which can almost all be skipped entirely, and by setting it against an evergreen science fiction story that never feels forced or cliche. The quantum mechanical concepts and how they are humanized and personalized through characters and settings that feel like real places, is what made Outer Wilds such an impressive and unforgettable game to me.
  3. Control - It's basically Sci-Fi Alan Wake. What's not to love? Great level design. Great lore/story telling. Some iffy combat encounters, but overall, an experience that will stick with me.
  4. Resident Evil 2 - My favorite Resident Evil game since 4, and honestly, I may even prefer it if not for one terrible boss fight including a crane.
  5. Slay the Spire - The game this year that I keep coming back to almost a year after it's initial release. (And I've actually been playing it since before then). Yeah, so maybe I'll never beat this game (I've made it to the boss of Stage 3 once). But I'm happy to throw on a podcast and continue to beat my head against the wall trying.
  6. Void Bastards - Fun FPS roguelike. Not my favorite genre's, but it really came together with a cool art style, and not feeling overly punitive.
  7. What the Golf? - Really fun game that flips the "genre" on it's head and has a great sense of humor.
  8. Gears 5 - A HUGE improvement over Gears 4, but it does still feel a little formulaic and I just will never be able to really get into the multiplayer or horde mode stuff. I did like the campaign though, even if it's something I'll probably never play through again. It sets the stage for a great Gears 6, which I really hope the Coalition can deliver on.
  9. Devil May Cry 5 - I really enjoyed the combat in this game. I've tried Devil May Cry 1, 4 and DmC, but none of them got their hooks in me. I think the thing that pushed me to complete DMC 5 was just skipping through all the cutscenes, which are TERRIBLE, and just getting to the gameplay parts. Considering a huge part of what they allocated resources to in this game are not things I enjoy, I couldn't rate it higher than 9th, but it was a pretty fun, if not short-lived, experience.
  10. Baba Is You - Me is Stupid, but Game is Fun. This is another game that I'll just boot up when I've got a few minutes and a podcast going and just see if I can figure something out by staring at a screen that I wasn't able to figure out staring at that same screen hours, or days, before.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - The design is sublime in so many ways. I think it might just be my favourite single player campaign of the whole gen.
2. Death Stranding - There were some key experiences to be had here that almost put it at number one. One of the most immersive games I've played and the gameplay loop satisfied me a lot.
3. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - I've restarted the whole game due to a lost save and have put 400+ hours into it. Even with no more gear to grind at the moment I find myself returning to it for a couple hunts on a daily basis. I find the collaboration with random players I don't need to exchange a word with oddly comforting, even when a hunt goes bad, we're all in this together. Thanks to all the players responding to SOS flares, you make this game great.
You need to make your list using the ordered list function or else your vote won't count amigo. You can check how to use with the example ballot in the OP , and will get a receipt when the post is done right

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
  1. Disco Elysium - With its dialogue and skill system it's the biggest step forward for CRPGs (and arguably best CRPG) since Planescape. Plus the writing is amazing, and I'm a sucker for detective stories.
  2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 - Like sliding back into a comfortable jumper coming off back-to-back playing of the previous two games. Rean's more likable, his students are well developed, the combat system's as good as ever, and oh god that ending. Probably would have been my number 1 in any other year. (P.S. Rean X Towa OTP)
  3. AI: The Somnium Files - Probably Uchikoshi's best game since 999. A well constructed, mostly fair, murder mystery with a really likable cast of characters. Oh, and did I mention I'm a sucker for detective stories?
  4. Judgment - You may be sensing a theme. A detective story from the Yakuza devs? Very much my cup of tea. All the things Yakuza does well, this does well too. I've never been too keen on the Yakuza combat system, but everything around it elevates the games for me.
  5. Life is Strange 2 - I went backwards and forwards on this one throughout its episodes. While I still don't think it's as good as the first game, the respect I have for the gusty bleak ending I got earns it a place on this list.
  6. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - Do you know what else I played this year? The other two Cold Steel games, oh, and look they got rereleases on PS4 (where I played them), so they're eligible. They're still good. The first is better. I like the setting up the relationships between the members of Class VII.
  7. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 - The second is still good, but I feel that their portrayal of war left something to be desired, and you lost too many fights that you won. However, the epilogue is still one of my favourite moments in the series.
  8. The House in Fata Morgana - I can't in good consiousness put this any higher, because I'm still working my way through it slowly. But it's a gloriously creepy visual novel and I'm throughly enjoying reading it.
  9. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Do you like SotN? I like SotN. This is more of that. Not hugely original, but it scratches that itch.
  10. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - An excellent popcorn flick. Play it through one evening with your friends while consuming the psychoactive compound of your choice and a great time will be had by all. Never go back or you'll start to see the cracks, much like with Until Dawn.

Loreth_94

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
  1. Resident Evil 2 - Capcom remade arguably the best survival horror game ever and nailed it. I absolutely loved this game. I loved it so much I tried doing a playthrough as fast as I could. This was the closest a game has got me to trying to speedrunning.
  2. Devil May Cry 5 - I was so excited to play this game when it got announced for both the story and the combat. My expectations were met and then some. I am so happy with where the franchise is at this point.
  3. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age - This was my first time playing FFXII, and to put it simply, I loved it. This is pretty much in my top 3 Final Fantasy games.
  4. F1 2019 - This was the year I started to watch F1 so naturally I was bound to pick up the official videogame. I played through a complete season and it made me appreciate and enjoy watching the real life races more since I had a better idea of what the tracks looked like and the challenges each one can bring.
  5. The Outer Worlds - Outer Worlds is not perfect by any means, but it is most certainly charming. Parvati is probably my favourite video game character in recent memory. The game became comically easy while going through on hard which really didn't bug me too much. Only thing I would change was take some time away from Monarch and put that into more quests on byzantium or maybe an additional small location like Groundbreaker.
  6. Outer Wilds - This final act of this game was able to convey things I have only seen in Science Fiction films, except here it is not only interactive but it is emotionally impactful.
  7. Tetris 99 - I have grown to love Tetris over the past couple years with Puyo Puyo Tetris and Tetris effect and this game keeps that passion burning. Tetris 99 can be addicting when you fight so hard to get a win and it feels so rewarding once you do.
  8. Super Mario Maker 2 - I was excited to play this since I only watched Giant Bomb videos on the first one. It serves the purpose I wanted which was to play Mario World, but with new levels. I wasn't blown away but I am happy I have it to fire up
  9. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - While the game takes too long to get going in my opinion, when it does it gives you a pretty compelling star wars story all things considered.
  10. Sayonara Wild Hearts - A beautiful game that reminds me as Rez. I wish it stayed with me as much as Rez was able to, but thats okay.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy the annual exercise of writing up my GOTY list so I wrote a semi-lengthy piece on on my choices here: https://medium.com/@bigg05/my-game-of-the-year-list-2019-ce61c0162463

Here's an abridged tl;dr version:

1. Control - Remedy finally managed to strike a balance between a fascinating world and exhilarating combat and I couldn't be happier. I love how unapologetically weird this game is, and how you can tell so much love and care was put into creating a living, believable world.
  2. Beat Saber - A rhythm game that fully understands the importance of flow, and the game that vindicates the continued existence of VR.
  3. Tetris 99 - As someone who loves the Tetris games that emphasize speed and efficiency, this is precisely my shit. It's also the kind of game where the more you play it, the more layers of depth become apparaent.
  4. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Yes, it's got some jank, and it probably could've used a few more months in the oven, but I love the traversal mechanics as well as mowing down helpless stormtroopers. And the story really comes into its own in the second half, when it addresses how to cope with failure. I really didn't expect a Star Wars game of all things to have a plot that really resonated with me this year, but here we are.
  5. Apex Legends - Finally, a Battle Royale shooter that checks off all of my boxes - precise, snappy shooting, fluid movement, and an emphasis on offense. Happy to see that Respawn's gamble on this paid off.
  6. Mortal Kombat 11 - Fantastic tutorial, accessible gameplay, and a cast that encapsulates a wide variety of playstyles. My biggest gripes are that the meta caters to rushdown players, grinding for equipment is a pain, and Ronda Rousey, who sucks both as a person and as a voice actor.
  7. Devil May Cry 5 - I really enjoy character action games, and this is a very solid One of Those with absurdly gorgeous visuals. Dante and Nero are as fun as always, and V is a fascinating experiment even if it doesn't always work.
  8. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - A pretty good remake of a very good Zelda. Fun visuals, fantastic atmosphere. I just wish the framerate was better in the overworld and there are parts here and there that haven't aged too well (Eagles Tower sucks).
  9. Descenders - There aren't many arcadey biking games out there, and Descenders scratches an itch I've had for a while. The risk/reward design of the roguelike-esque campaign is addicting.
  10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - I can't deny that the writing makes me a bit uncomfortable, but the multiplayer is just as fun as MW1 was 12 years ago. Vacant and Crash are still fantastic maps.

BayonettasBuddy

Lead Producer at Cold Symmetry
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I absolutely loved this game. There sheer learning through pain. I remember fighting a particular boss and when beating him, it felt like come cinema tic masterpiece as I deflected his attacks and dodged with presicion.
  2. Luigi's Mansion 3 - A brilliant game that feels old school in that it trades off story for inventive environments and level design. Puzzles feel like they hit that sweet spot and are never too obtuse
  3. Superliminal - I loved the puzzles in this game. The weird setting was right up my alley and the ending had a bigger effect on me than I thought it would.
  4. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - A cinematic star wars is just what the doctor ordered. I'm not a fan of the new films, but this game scratched an itch I've had for a long time. I only wish the rest of the game was as strong as its opening.
  5. Katana Zero - A wonderful little indie title that caught me by surprise and brought back Hotline Miami vibes.
  6. Ape Out - Again, more Hotline Miami vibes, but this game stands out for its insane ost which syncs with gameplay really well.
  7. The Outer Worlds - A great RPG that felt like it started strong but ended weaker than I'd hoped. It really did bring back F3 vibes and I'm excited to see if they refine their formula in their planned dlc.
  8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - I thought the whole new lock of paint thing was bs, but this game's SP campaign brought back CoD4 vibes but without pandering to it. This game would have been a lot higher in the list, but odd stuttering bugs seemed common on my PS4, even when booting the game up today.
  9. Resident Evil 2 - Capcom is back! This is how remakes should be done. I really loved playing this back (as my second fav resi after 4). The controls were tight, the atmosphere was tense and the ammo was low.
  10. Blasphemous - I wouldn't say this is the best game I've played out there, but there's something about the art style that I really like. I wish the game was a few hours shorter though!

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
1. Sekiro - I absolutely loved this game. There sheer learning through pain. I remember fighting a particular boss and when beating him, it felt like come cinema tic masterpiece as I deflected his attacks and dodged with presicion.
2. Luigi's Mansion 3 - A brilliant game that feels old school in that it trades off story for inventive environments and level design. Puzzles feel like they hit that sweet spot and are never too obtuse
3. Superliminal - I loved the puzzles in this game. The weird setting was right up my alley and the ending had a bigger effect on me than I thought it would.
4. Star Wars: Fallen Order - A cinematic star wars is just what the doctor ordered. I'm not a fan of the new films, but this game scratched an itch I've had for a long time. I only wish the rest of the game was as strong as its opening.
5. Katana Zero - A wonderful little indie title that caught me by surprise and brought back Hotline Miami vibes.
6. Ape Out - Again, more Hotline Miami vibes, but this game stands out for its insane ost which syncs with gameplay really well.
7. Outer Worlds - A great RPG that felt like it started strong but ended weaker than I'd hoped. It really did bring back F3 vibes and I'm excited to see if they refine their formula in their planned dlc.
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - I thought the whole new lock of paint thing was bs, but this game's SP campaign brought back CoD4 vibes but without pandering to it. This game would have been a lot higher in the list, but odd stuttering bugs seemed common on my PS4, even when booting the game up today.
9. Resident Evil 2 - Capcom is back! This is how remakes should be done. I really loved playing this back (as my second fav resi after 4). The controls were tight, the atmosphere was tense and the ammo was low.
10. Blasphemous - I wouldn't say this is the best game I've played out there, but there's something about the art style that I really like. I wish the game was a few hours shorter though!
Hey there a few things to help with your ballot:
1. Make sure you use the ordered list function when making the post of else you won't get a receipt like everyone else. You can check the OP for a sample post.
2. To ensure legibility for some of your picks j recommend you list out the names as per the spreadsheet in the OP. In particular I've noticed on your post you should change Sekiro to "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice", Star Wars: Fallen Order to "Star Wars Jedi :Fallen Order" and Outer Worlds to "The Outer Worlds"

BayonettasBuddy

Lead Producer at Cold Symmetry
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hey there a few things to help with your ballot:
1. Make sure you use the ordered list function when making the post of else you won't get a receipt like everyone else. You can check the OP for a sample post.
2. To ensure legibility for some of your picks j recommend you list out the names as per the spreadsheet in the OP. In particular I've noticed on your post you should change Sekiro to "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice", Star Wars: Fallen Order to "Star Wars Jedi :Fallen Order" and Outer Worlds to "The Outer Worlds"

Edited :) Sorry about that, was on my phone on the underground doing this.

Biocoincoin

Dec 3, 2018
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Sekiro achieves everything I expected of a soulsborne game with swordfights, trading the RPG mechanics -which I am not a fan of- and character's inertia against a very satisfactory freedom of movement and ultra-violent and intense fights requiring an increasing mastery of the swordfights mechanics to progress. While some bosses aren't very impressive, the environments and atmosphere are consistently excellent and further help incentivizing exploration in a typical From games' ever "on alert" state.
  2. Return of the Obra Dinn - This was one of the cleverest games I ever played. It makes for the finest couch co-op experience we've had with my girlfriend where everyone is constantly thinking, suggesting solutions, taking notes and planning the next move to check a clue. After finishing the game, we were in awe and a bit sad that nothing else exists on that level. I highly recommend everyone to give this a try with their partners, relatives and friends, even they who are not very interested in videogames: Obra Dinn transcends videogames in simply using the medium as a way to effectively engage its audience into an excellent murder mystery.
  3. Luigi's Mansion 3 - I had never done a Luigi's Mansion game before, as I went for Rogue Squadron 2 at GameCube's launch and did not own a 3DS when Dark Moon got released, but I was a little sceptical of the game's quality as it got revealed and promoted. I must say this was one of the finest games I owned on the Switch. Although built around a handful of actions and exploration and combat mechanics, the game is always throwing something new at the player be it in the levels, enemies or puzzles with some of the finest and cleverest boss fights I have ever played. The fact that the game' art, animations and soundtrack are consistently excellent helps as well.
  4. Control - I did not plan to play Control at launch but I got a code for it with my new RTX graphics card and I wanted to witness wonders of ray tracing with my own eyes. I must say I was very impressed with the result, the game making very good use of this new technology, although it was the game's scenario, world building and gameplay that kept me interested, as well as the excellent use of Full Motion Video and its clever implementation in 3D rendered scenes. I really enjoyed the lore of the game and am eagerly waiting for the DLCs to learn more about the Bureau and the Committee.
  5. The Outer Wilds - I finished this game very recently and it was a great experience, not too different from Return of the Obra Dinn in certain ways (although much more video-gamey). The feeling of slowly understanding the story, events and characters was a blast! Game enjoyment was a bit hindered by the control mechanics that can get a bit complicated and by the fact that we have spent a few one-hour sessions where the progress made did not translate into game progression. Also I overthinked some of the puzzles and was a bit disappointed when the solution was much simpler than I first thought, but this was more my fault than the game's.
  6. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - It may feel like this game gets a few extra points for being a Star Wars game, but I honestly and objectively enjoyed my time playing this very solid game (although it has a lot of bugs and was not very well optimized on PC). The story, characters and representation of the Star Wars locales were what pushed me forward and I found that Cal and his story were among the best I experienced in the franchise since KOTOR.
  7. The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening - A welcome refresh of a very good Zelda. I really liked the dungeons and the melancholic ending in this game and it was great to have them remade in this beautiful art style with such a nice soundtrack. I am now eagerly waiting for the oracle games' remakes.
  8. Astral Chain - This is a close tie with the Zelda remake but Astral Chain's complexity and early-game rhythm gave to much frustration at times, making it lose a few steps on this list. A few months after playing it, I realize how much I liked this game for its story, style (crazy cyberpunk animes from the 90s - early 00s), soundtrack, its combat system (once it clicked) and the absolute madness that its ending is. However the combat mechanics were somehow too complex and not added fast enough to the game, making it a very slow and confusing starter. After unlocking a few legions and getting to understand combat better, it gets really frantic and the game is not too punitive in its grading system so that it was not unusual to end a chapter with mostly As and Ss (I am really not a fan of platinum games being these overly complex action games that constantly remind you how much you suck).
  9. Metro Exodus - I bought this game after seeing it discussed in a Game Maker's Toolkit Video as it seemed it could be a decent substitute for an immersive sim (2019 was not a good year for this kind of games) while making use of my new RTX card. The game was pleasant overall but I found myself regretting it was not a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game. Some of the open maps work very well while other were a bit boring. The story and character writing were poor which is a shame because the world building works really well at times.
  10. Supraland - This game hit me by surprise being a mix of Portal, Zelda, Metroid. It was great to play from beginning to end, except for the combat bits which were a pain, but it was a very impressive experience considering it was developed by one person (and it features a very fun end credits song, so bonus points for that).

Not on this list but among the best experiences of this year is the Farewell chapter of Celeste which I got inspired to finish by flarebear's run at AGDQ after giving it up midway after its release and what a game! The fact that this chapter was built around some of the more advanced and speedrun techniques and still manages to capture a mediocre player like myself really tells how smooth the game's controls are and how even the most hardcore gaming experiences can be transcended by good story and character writing. It took me more than 7 thousand deaths to reach it but I am glad I finished this final chapter and got to witness its touching epilogue. I can't wait to hear more from Extremely OK Games!

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - An excellent evolution of the franchise, and a powerful return to home consoles. My favorite game this year, the only reason I'm not playing it right now is because I'm holding out for Wave 4 of the DLC.
  2. Outer Wilds - This game is an achievement in game design. Awe-inspiring worlds, intricate mysteries, and excellent storytelling.
  3. Borderlands 3 - I didn't think I would enjoy this, but I really did. Time will tell if it has the staying power Borderlands 2 did, but so far it's a worthy successor.
  4. Pokemon Sword and Shield - It's Pokemon.
  5. Slay the Spire - Great and addicting deckbuilding roguelike. Apparently dozens of these came out this year, but this is the one I like.
  6. Wargroove - Very fun tactics game. I look forward to checking out the DLC in February.
  7. Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - Another very fun tactics game, though this one is more Final Fantasy Tactics than Advance Wars.
  8. Judgment - I enjoyed what I played, but I didn't play very much.
  9. Control - Similar to Judgment, I liked what I played, but I didn't stick with it.
  10. Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution - It's raw Yu-Gi-Oh action. I didn't expect this to make the list.
It was a slow year for me. Fire Emblem and Pokemon consumed my time, but apart from that it was mostly indies and cool games I didn't finish.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
  1. A Plague Tale: Innocence - Utterly engrossing, memorable, and compelling backed by an outstanding soundtrack. It's a dark, somber, often depressing game but there's always a glimmer of hope. I felt completely captivated by the world and story. While the gameplay is often limited in how you can approach the levels, the way everything clicks together makes it a complete joy to play.
  2. Resident Evil 2 - My first experience with RE2 and I was completely blown away. The process of gradually unlocking the RPD was completely engaging. It had a lot of great tension as well once Captain Footstomp shows up. I found that aspect of the game to be brilliant, as it made you plot out your movements and goals carefully.
  3. Mortal Kombat 11 - It's the best Mortal Kombat game to date.
  4. Control - I couldn't tell you what was going on in the story but I didn't care. It was captivating and a damn blast to play. Looking forward to the DLC.
  5. Luigi's Mansion 3 - An amazing look game that was just a load of fun. Despite a couple padded areas, it wasn't enough to detract from how fun it was.
  6. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Despite it being my least liked FROM game in the Souls/BB style, it was still an amazing game. Completely memorable and engaging.
  7. Tetris 99 - This one caught me by surprise. It's fast paced hectic fun.
  8. Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Never thought I'd play another COD title let alone rank it in a top 10 list but here we are. It's an addicting multiplayer title with some outstanding gunplay.
  9. Samurai Shodown - I feel like SS was overshadowed by a few other larger fighting games but it's a damn fine game. It's slower paced and higher stakes made for some amazing matches with rather high tension where one mistake could end the match immediately.
  10. Medievil - This was one of my favorite games growing up but I never finished it or made it past the first few stages. So being able to play a remaster was great. It's got it's problems for sure, but it's a really fine game that was very fun to play. I enjoyed every second with it and hope the franchise continues.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 2 - An incredible remake of one of my favorite games.
  2. A Plague Tale: Innocence - Oustanding game all around, especially the characters, voice acting and visuals. Manipulating the rats to progress brings a great twist to the gameplay.
  3. Persona Q2 New Cinema Labyrinth - Fan service overload for Persona fans, with some solid dungeon crawling.
  4. Devil May Cry 5 - One of the best action games I've ever played.

otretas

Nov 1, 2017
  1. Astral Chain - This game is something so weird and it gets so many new ideas, while having some baffling design decisions. Excellent soundtrack, accompanied with this new two character action game that is the most polished than any other game that tried this style before, huge enemy variety, the best action set pieces of all year, and the best doggo. It however does not have a cohesive story, as well as having the player character being mute, and the ranking system could have been better tuned to push the sandbox combat from this game. All in all, this game reminds of Wonderful 101, in which Platinum breaks the conventions of character action games with new ways to play. They had an unconventional idea and they went full in with it, potentially loosing a lot of money, which is something that is severely lacking in this era.
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - This game just shows how good From Software is in encounter design. The combat has simple moves, but each enemy makes it shine, and thats something you rarely see in games. Most of the arenas in this game are memorable, because the position and type of enemy feels deliberate. This game is also one of the few games that ever made me feel this sense of accomplishment after beating the last boss, and I'm pretty sure, that i won't soon forget it.
  3. Resident Evil 2 - This remake is surprisingly really good. The gameplay is solid and feels really well to play, and the environments and the characters are top notch. The REngine is probably the best engine on the market right now, being able to produce such high quality graphics at 60fps easily, with a fast devlopment cycle. Claire and Leon look so good! While i liked most of the new vision on the old game, there are some weird story segments that feel like an oversight, but are jarring later in the game. This game is what it can be considered to be close to a perfect game, but i cannot rate it higher since it is a remake.
  4. Devil May Cry 5 - This game its the most gamey thing of all year. It looks good, really good, and if you put the time in it, it looks stylish as fuck. There is no animations dictating your inputs. You move, the character moves, it feels good to play it. The game knows what it is, and its a damn action game. All you do in this game is kill things and try to be the most stylish at it to have the higher ranks, which has a small flaw for me. In some levels, you won't kill all the enemies because doing so, will decrease your rank. If you wanna have the higher rank, means that you left some demons because your too cool for them i guess? The final nitpick for this game, it is that this game feels like it is the DMC4 that was supposed to be released. This game is great, but it doesn't feel like a big step over DMC4.
  5. Slay the Spire - It is my most played game of the year. I didn't knew this until i looked into my most played switch games. The game is incredibly addicting, and all of its characters feel so different, and have so many ways to play. It only ranks lower, because most of the runs end up sooner if you get hit hard by RNG. Beating the Heart is not well balanced, as not all decks have a chance to beat it. If they could make RNG less RNG, by giving us more control, this game would probably be my favorite roguelike game ever.
  6. Pathologic 2 - This is the best designed game of this year and one of the best of all time. This is the best game of the year that nobody played. It is also hard to recommend to anyone. It is super hard and has a janky combat. What this game gives you if you beat it, its something special that no other game could give you when you finish it, because you cant "beat" it.
  7. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - Most of the games i played this year are not in my list, because i didn't thought they were good enough, even if i don't fill it up to a top 10. This game thow, it gave me this nostalgia, as if i was playing an older Prince of Persia, with a big Metroid world. The game was janky, combat not very great, and the highest difficulty not very well balanced, but overall looking past these things, the game was super fun to play it from start to completion. If Respawn does make a sequel, i'll be there to play it.

Currently playing Disco Elysium but most likely won't finish it by the end of the poll.

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
  1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - I've never played a FE before but I'm a sucker for turn based strategy games. While the tactical mechanics are arguably weaker than other strategy games like XCOM, the school sim elements really elevate the game, allowing you to craft your army exactly how you want, and giving you enough alternative paths to warrant a second or third playthrough
  2. Resident Evil 2 - The only reason this isn't higher is because I didn't play it very much. I love RE and was disappointed when this was announced as a third person game rather than a fixed camera a la REmake. However the new perspective absolutely works and I'm happy that Capcom has finally put RE on solid footing. The best thing I can say about this game is that it feels like RE2. Looking forward to finishing it and playing the B route
  3. Red Dead Redemption 2 - The very definition of a slow burn. Takes forever to take off and gain momentum, but once it does it's hard to put down. Arthur is the heart and soul of the game and his interactions with the denizens of the world really elevate this from being just another Rockstar game
  4. Mortal Kombat 11 - Never thought a fighting game would make it onto my list but here we are. The first fighting game I've really dug into and enjoyed since DOA2 and Soul Calibur 2. Interestingly most of my play time has been offline in the story mode and Towers of Time. There is no better offline fighting game. Makes me incredibly excited to see what they do with Injustice 3
  5. Civilization 6: Gathering Storm - Just picked this up recently but can already tell that it improves the base Civ 6 formula to make it more complex and replayable. Have already had my "one more turn" moment where I look up and realize an entire day had passed me by. Great fun
  6. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Finally a Souls game with a good, straightforward story that doesn't insist you play it on bone crushing difficulty. Didn't put enough hours into this to warrant it being higher on the list, but really enjoyed the little I played. Combat is fun and challenging and the world design is pure Star Wars. Between this and Battlefront 2, Star Wars games are finally good, so props to EA
  7. Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - Fun MMO-like with good gunplay. Ultimately fell off it due to repetition
Didn't play that much this year since life got in the way. Feel like I say that every year now lol. Overall a good year but 2020 is going to be a beast.

mace999

Dec 7, 2017
  1. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - I'm not even a Star Wars fan but I feel like this is my favourite genre, actiony adverturey rpg'y which has good exploration in it. Although saying that, that is one of it's downfalls. I really would like to be rewarded with my exploration with something like rewarding ?!? Not another shade of a light sabre that I hardly see, but I can see me coming back to find every secret and that hasn't happened since Spiderman, my one and only Plat.
  2. The Surge 2 - I really enjoyed the 1st one until I got stuck on a boss near the ending I think, but this one was better, way better. Thankfully the first story dlc came out today so I'll be getting stuck in with that.
  3. Resident Evil 2 - Capcom are on a roll at the moment and this brang back memories of being shit scared playing it on the Playstation all those years ago.
  4. Darksiders 3 - Remember I said I like Action Adventure games, well this was a slept on classic for me, I feel the whole franchise doesn't get the props it deserves.
  5. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I love From games, I've completed them all and put so many hours into them but Sekiro ...... shit, it looks beautiful, plays beautifully but I don't/can't/hate to parry. I loved all the time I played it until I just hit a brick wall with the Butterfly lady :( My gaming shame of 2019
  6. The Outer Worlds - I'm not a fan of Fallout games but I loved this, don't know how to explain it so I won't ....
  7. Luigis Mansion 3 - This is the best co-op game I played with my 5/6 year old son, we loved it and it's great wholesome fun. Would I have played it alone, probably not but Nintendo is for family in my house.
  8. The Division 2 - Another game that gets on because of the fun I had playing it in co-op and don't worry this wasn't with my 6 year old but a good friend around the other side of the world. More of the same as the first but we had fun for over 50 hours so that counts for something.
  9. Days Gone - No way as bad as some people say but I admit i played it in chunks, about 10 hour chunks. I'd play it, enjoy it then when I was getting bored drop it for a month and then go back to enjoying it again.
  10. Remnants From the Ashes - Great game and thanks to Gamepass because I would never have tried it otherwise ...... I was stuck on that 1st boss with the posionous hissing clouds for weeks but finally got past it :)
Haven't tried Deaths Stranding even though I've owned it since xmas, kinda worried I'm gonna hate it

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
  1. Resident Evil 2 - Capcom absolutely outdid themselves with my personal GOTY. It's probably super biased as Resident Evil 2 is one of my favourite games ever, but boy did they deliver on a fantastic remake.
  2. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From Software changed up the formula after how stale Dark Souls 3 felt, and I loved what they did with the Soulsbornekiro genre (lol). Sekiro was a stand out last year and I'm super made up for it that it won GotY.
  3. Kingdom Hearts 3 - Kingdom Hearts is one of my favourite seires, and 3 finally decided to roll on up. Well I'm one of those KH fans that was completely in on the dorky ass story and played all of the games in the series, so even though the story was predictable the gameplay and conclusion was honestly super enjoyable.
  4. Zanki Zero: Last Beginning - Standout hit by Spike Chunsoft. I had no interest until I played the demo and then I bought it almost immediately. I played through this with my partner and friend and we were HOOKED. I adore this game, the survival elements are interesting and the story is very good.
  5. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - Another remake of the year that's immaculate. The most played game on PS4 for me this year. The grand prixs bring so much content to the game.
  6. Pokemon Sword/Shield - Shield is some of the most fun I've had this year, I think it's my most played game of 2019. Shield was everything I wanted in Pokémon after Sun and Moon. Sure it has its issues and I was also not a fan of dexit. But the game is still brilliant.
  7. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Another game that took me by surprise. Had no interest in Three Houses at all until my partner wanted it. We bought it digitally to play together and the game sunk me in. All hail the Black Eagles. <3 (+++ Claude)
  8. Baba is You - Indie standout. I've never had a game make me feel so dumb before, the puzzle design is impeccable.
  9. Luigi's Mansion 3 - The best co-op game of the year, playing this with my partner has been a treat. I've loved all of the charm of the series before, and with 2 disappointing, 3 is the best in the series.
  10. Super Mario Maker 2 - I've put hours and hours into this game and I didn't even realise how many hours! The game is 1000% fun.
  11. AI: The Somnium Files - AI was a ride from start to finish. I'm a sucker for murder mysteries and it was definitely an improvement on the previous Uchikoshi experience, Zero Time Dilemma
  12. Death Stranding - I feel somewhat a little ashamed to put this up considering I've only just got it and only put 14 hours in, but my gaming sessions of Death Stranding so far have been so ethereal. The game is just, very unique, and I appreciate that.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
  1. Kingdom Hearts III - I know that it's a bannable offense on Era but I actually loved this game. All the complaints I've read about KHIII are pretty insignificant to me but I believe that's the result of me playing the game for the very first time on Critical mode. Also, I think this is the most beautiful game of this gen and I don't think I've seen people giving it enough credit for it.
  2. A Plague Tale: Innocence - This game is amazing: it is terrifying, beautiful and super oppressive, all at the same time. I like how the game slowly shifted from almost being a survival horror to a more light hearted adventure at times.
  3. Pokémon Sword - Another controversial choice on Era. This is the second Pokémon game I've ever beaten and it was a wild ride. I do understand the complaints regarding its quality and the cut content but at the end of the day those things didn't bother me that much.
  4. Devil May Cry 5 - I loved DMC5 but at the same time there were some chapters that brought the whole game down a little bit. So while it's definitively one of the best games I played this year, I wasn't fan of some levels that I felt were a little bit longer than they should. I know that that sounds overly negative but about 90% of the game was a blast.
  5. Life is Strange 2 - I'm in the middle of my first playthrough but... damn... this game can be super harsh at times. We need more games like this. Of course my opinion could change but this game has made my heart shrink several times already.
  6. Untitled Goose Game - This is the most hilarious thing I've played this year. But it can also be cruel so... basically it's super fun.
  7. The Outer Wilds - This game is a little gem. I wasn't expecting to like it but the sense of wonder that you get trying to untie its mysteries is incredible. The controls are rough though, which is the main reason why it isn't higher on this list.
  8. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age - It would totally be higher if it wasn't for the fact that it's a remaster, probably a little bit outdated too despite its QoL additions. Don't get me wrong, the game's super impressive and the Zodiac Job System was both intriguing and fun to mess with. I played this at roughly the same time some friends of mine were playing it for the very first time too so that enhanced my whole experience with it. Rabanastre is one of the best realized cities I've visited in a videogame and Balthier one of the best RPG characters I've played as.

And that's it.

I was planning to draw a picture to represent all the games from this list but sadly I don't have the time for it, in fact I'm writing this in a rush so I don't forget to submit my ballot.

There are a lot of games that I think could've been part of this list if I had played them:
Baba is You
Resident Evil 2
Sekiro
Daemon X Machina
Dragon Quest XIS
Dragon Quest Builders 2
and I'm probably missing some.

But well, at the end of the day you can't play all you'd like to play. That's life.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Death Stranding - Hideo Kojima's best game, wonderfully unique, introspective and bold.
  2. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - It gets better with every expansion, its story and music are superb.
  3. Ace Combat 7 - Glad this franchise is back. The VR missions deserve to be expanded. Very impressive.
  4. Untitled Goose Game - Good hearted yet mean spirited fun.
  5. Ape Out - The fantastic audiovisual presentation is what sets this game apart and makes it special
  6. Lonely Mountains Downhill - The simple concept of riding a bike down a mountain perfectly executed.
  7. Katana Zero - Superb 2D action game with a great art style and a surprisingly good story.
  8. Days Gone - The game is definitely grater than the sum of its parts most of which we've seen already.
  9. Judgment - A nice spin on the Yakuza formula, they spent a lot of effort in the localization
  10. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Classic Igavania just as we were promised.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
  1. Death Stranding - Like nothing I've experienced before in the AAA space.We need more risks like this.
  2. Metro Exodus - Takes the Metro formula and makes it work in more open enviroments.
  3. A Plague Tale Innocence - A beautiful adventure.Not for the squimish.
  4. Guacamelee 2 - Builds on the first game,a great example of the Metroidvania genre.
  5. Rage 2 - Incredible shooting mechanics in a fairly standard open world.
  6. Wolfenstein Youngblood - A deviation from the norm for Wolfenstein,but a fun one.
  7. Concrete Genie - A gorgeous and simple game with a nice message.
  8. Vane - An Ico-esque trip through a mysterious world.
  9. MediEvil - Sir Dan back from the dead once more....a retro treat.
  10. Far Cry New Dawn - More of the same,with a brighter coat of paint.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
  1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - The true Fire Emblem X Persona. An enjoyable evolution of the series that doesn't require multiple SKU's of purchase.
  2. A Short Hike - One of my favorite PC games this year looks like a DS title. And it's absolutely lovely!
  3. Judgment - Murder mystery, crime-drama, over-the-top fight scenes... and drone racing? Yes please.
  4. Control - A conspiracy-theorist fever-dream and one of the best super-hero games of the generation.
  5. Tetris 99 - Tetris Battle Royale. On paper it sounds ridiculous, but it just works. And keeps me coming back for more of a beating.
  6. Crossout - I went into Crossout expecting a bit of a crap F2P, micro-transaction-riddled, mediocre vehicle-combat game. But it's a very enjoyable mixture of Twisted Metal and Robot Wars. Far exceeding my expectations.
  7. AI: The Somnium Files - One of my favorite visual novels, or adventure game, in recent memory.
  8. Gears 5 - The semi-open level design didn't play to this game's strengths, but it's still a very enjoyable action romp. Technically impressive too!
  9. The Outer Worlds - An Obsidian developed, first-person RPG that doesn't require 700 hours? Oh yes.
  10. Dragon Quest Builders 2 - I don't particularly enjoy Minecraft, but put me in a JRPG world with fun characters and I'll lay down some blocks.
  11. Mortal Kombat 11 - As a casual player, the story-mode is great enough to deserve a spot, and local play is fun too! AI Noob in the Towers is the new Folding at Home.
  12. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Not quite as impressive a reboot as hoped. Still good fun though. Now, how about Infinite Warfare 2?

somesayyea

Oct 28, 2017
toronto
  1. Resident Evil 2 - wonderful remake of one of my all time favourite games.
  2. Days Gone - really fun open world game...the performance wasn't great...but the story and gameplay more than made up for it.
  3. Death Stranding - one of, if not, the most unique AAA game I've ever played...starts slowly and can get a bit tedious at times, but overall I really enjoyed my time with it.
  4. Gears 5 - great shooter...played it through game pass for PC and the performance wasn't great, but i still had a great time with it.

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 2 - I remember renting the very first Resident Evil, not knowing what the hell it was about, but instantly became hooked. Needless to say, the original Resident Evil 2 became my most anticipated title when it originally released and it did not disappoint. I must have beat that game a dozen times. When the remake was announced I was equal parts excited and cautious. How can they improve on something that was already so great? Well, once again, Resident Evil 2 did not disappoint and once again, I've already beaten it half a dozen times. This game was so fun it made me feel like I was that same teenager playing the original all those years ago.
  2. Death Stranding - When I first started putting this list together I was still relatively early into Death Stranding and although I was enjoying it for the most part, I felt like it was a bit tedious as well and was seeing it fall into the bottom half of my list. The more I kept playing, however, the more I started to really understand the game, appreciate what it was and really love it. As I was making my way through the mountains everything started to click.Between mapping out the region to create optimal routes, really starting to get a sense of the story's characters and themes, and finding the best way to deal with both BT's and MULES, I could sense the game shooting up the ranks of my "Best of" list. If there is one thing I want to highlight about what makes this game special it is the online functionality. Too many times I found myself in a situation where I was not sure how to traverse over obstacles when I would come across a brilliantly placed bridge, dip line or generator put there by another player. I would then pound on the "like" button to let them know their work was appreciated and many times other players would do the same for me. Death Stranding is all about bringing people together and working cooperatively, and Kojima fucking nailed it.
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I had a hard time deciding which souls-like to put ahead of the other, but eventually decided on Sekiro, despite having a more frustrating time with it than with Star Wars. What was the difference maker? Stealth, of course!
  4. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - This game is not perfect. Then again, It didn't need to be. It gave me a pretty good Star Wars story, some decent light sabre action, fun exploration, and some great fanservice. Maybe I was asking too little of this game, but it hardly matters when I enjoyed the experience so much.
  5. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - One of those rare kickstarters where I feel my contribution was 100% justified. Combat, exploration, skills; just an all around joy to play and complete.
  6. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - This game was a great reminder of why I bought a Switch in the first place. Although it certainly dragged near the end, its interesting characters and fun battles made this game a joy to play.
  7. One Piece: World Seeker - I will likely be in the minority of people who actually include this game on their list, but I don't care. I had a lot of fun with this game, despite some issues.
  8. Luigi's Mansion 3 - It's strange to think that game where you explore a haunted hotel might be the most relaxing game I've played all year, but that's the magic of Luigi's Mansion I suppose.
  9. Trover Saves the Universe - I'm not sure this game is for everyone, but I had a blast playing this.
  10. Untitled Goose Game - Full disclosure: I only played 10 new games this year. However, Goose is the kind of stupid I can get behind so I'm happy to include it here.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
  1. Outer Wilds - Probably about 6 hours of gameplay ago I figured out what I needed to do to trigger the end sequence. I haven't done it yet because I am not done exploring, there are still things to discover. The sense of discovery and exploration from this game is like none that I have experienced in quite awhile (BOTW comes close but not quite), the little "paper" trails that lead to those "ah ha!" or "holy crap!" moments are just so good. Edit - finished and it's definitely top 10 all time for me.
  2. Luigi's Mansion 3 - This is the most fun I have had in a game with my daughter. The controls aren't the greatest but just going around and destroying everything together has been fun.
  3. Baba Is You - How can a game that's so fun also routinely make me feel like I'm the biggest idiot?
  4. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - I really thought this would be a surefire #2 for me but the more I thought about it the more I remember how the second half just drug on too long. I really want to do other playthroughs and see what happens in the other houses but not sure I am ready to put myself through that again.
  5. Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition - Its on the spreadsheet so it goes on the list. I imagine 6 months from now it would be higher on the list, just haven't been able to put more than 10 or so hours in. At this point in time its looking like it might be my favorite cRPG ever even while playing on a Switch with a wonky left joycon.
  6. Anno 1800 - This might be my favorite Anno game, it's just a well made one of those and something I want and need to spend more time with.
  7. They Are Billions - It's been out for a little bit but it officially released last year with a campaign mode so it goes on the list. The campaign is just fine, nothing too earthshattering on that front, but the survival mode remains probably my favorite RTS experience of the last several years.
  8. ISLANDERS - Just a fun little city building strategy type game. Doesn't ask too much and has been a nice palette cleanser game this year
  9. Super Mario Maker 2 - I had a lot of fun with it when it first came out and then I just fell off it hard. For what its worth this was my daughter's favorite game from this year.
I feel like I'm missing a "new" game but can't remember what it might be. Among old games that would have made a best games played in 2019 regardless of release year list for me would have been Obra Dinn (probably #2), Assassin's Creed Odyssey (#3 maybe?), and Factorio (would have put it just in front of Anno however it sorted out).

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
  1. Resident Evil 2 - It was my favorite game on the original PlayStation and it is reimagined in a way that can still capture sheer horror while being one of the most fun and dreadful experiences of this hardware generation. I knew from the moment I completed the game, which was back in late January/early February, that it was going to be my favorite game of 2019 and it's still true.
  2. Judgment - A fantastic soap opera/murder mystery with an exciting payoff. The game design isn't too different from the recent Yakuza titles, which is okay for some like me, or not enough for others, but Kamurocho continues to be its liveliest.
  3. Control - A thrilling, intriguing sci-fi tale. The fact that it takes place entirely within a building but does some incredible world-building speaks volumes of its design. It's a sort of David Lynch meets X-Files experience. In addition to its mysterious atmosphere, it's also a game that lets you feel incredibly powerful as you progress.
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Its campaign warrants criticism as a story, but introduces a thoughtful and strong character in Farah. The usual bombastic sequences are there, making for action movie levels of fun and thrills, but the apartment infiltration mission deserves mention as an example of brilliant tension and terror by going away from the usual series tropes, letting silence do all the work. There is also enough in the multiplayer for different types of shooter fans.
  5. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - I admittedly didn't finish Bloodstained, but its map design and tons of customization along with that signature Castlevania soundtrack do just enough to earn a spot on this list. A great throwback to one of the most popular games ever and a great entrée if you're playing the Castlevania Anniversary Collection as appetizers.
  6. Untitled Goose Game - No real deep take for this game: It's plucky. It's fun. It's clever. Honk?
  7. Tetris 99 - It's Tetris, an already perfect game, but racing against 99 other players to take the #1 spot and bragging rights in a match might honestly make this game feel more like a gladiator battle or war than Call of Duty.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
  1. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - A brutal and unforgiving adventure but incredibly rewarding as you learn and master the different enemies you face. The gameplay is more satisfying than ever and the combined narrative and world-building makes for an incredibly memorable experience. Might be my all-time favorite by FROM!
  2. Risk of Rain 2 - Great co-op with a couple of friends.
  3. Hunt: Showdown - Also a great co-op/PvP experience with a friend. It has its flaws (I kinda wish there was one, clear objective) but it's a fun ride nonetheless.
  4. Devil May Cry 5 - I'm new to the series but this is right up my alley. Just pure action with a focus on gameplay. I need to check out the prequels!
  5. Resident Evil 2 - Eerie atmosphere at its finest. Nearly everything is sublime; gameplay, graphics, story, atmosphere - the one thing that detracts from it is the characters.
  6. A Short Hike - A short but incredibly enjoyable little adventure. I loved it. It's a perfect exploration game for a relaxing Sunday.
  7. Destiny 2 - I've yet to dive down deeper into this but I do love the loot, and do I love the grind. :p
  8. My Time At Portia - I'm always curious about management/farm simulators and the like but never enough for me to give them a go. I got this from a fellow ERA-user and it's been great so far!
  9. Far Cry: New Dawn - Nothing too special about it but it's quite enjoyable for a mindless shoot-explorer.

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Outer Wilds - Brilliantly designed in all facets. A joy to explore, addicting to play and a great overall experience.
  2. Death Stranding - I can take or leave the story (save for the final chapter and that knock-out of a final shot), but this game had its hooks in me pretty early on with its loop. Adored it even when I was very mad at it. Still think about it often, months later.
  3. Dragon Quest Builders 2 - Everything I loved about the first game but better and with more stuff to do. Wish it ran better on Switch, but it's still the perfect handheld distraction.
  4. Baba is You - A really inventive puzzle game that I'll probably still be trying to figure out well into this coming year.
  5. Control - Such a cool action game. I wish it hadn't been so frustrating near the end or in the post-game, but it really nailed its environments and story.
  6. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Tested my patience and my anxiety in big ways, but felt so rewarding when I surmounted its roadblocks that I couldn't stop playing.
  7. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Feels like a game tailor-made for me. Tons of fun to play. Nice to play a good-to-great Star Wars game for once.
  8. Cadence of Hyrule - Did not expect to enjoy this as much as I did. That music is too good and it is actually a pretty fun Zelda game to boot.
  9. Life is Strange 2 - Walked away from the first game with mixed feelings, but absolutely adored its sequel. Much more my speed. Terrific experience.
  10. Beat Saber - Super satisfying to play in VR. One of the best rhythm games to come out in ages.

Apr 21, 2018
  1. Resident Evil 4 - This Switch release is something I've looked forward to for a long time. A true portable RE4, and effectively the first real quality way to experience this in a handheld. It still holds up too, the art design, the music, the campy story. A true Michelangelo-level all-time classic in game design.
  2. Astral Chain - The only game this year that really pumped me with adrenaline and I couldn't put down. Awesome action, bosses and world-building. One of the slickest and most futuristic UI's singe Persona. Amazing music. Lots of gameplay variety and things to explore and hidden bosses to uncover. The story was insane, but it was all part of the Anime chaos. This will be a fondly-remembered hidden gem one day.
  3. Resident Evil 2 - A perfect remake but also a modernizing and true understanding of what made the original Resident Evil great. Incredibly smooth and easy controls, great map and inventory system, constantly tense from low ammo. An incredible experience.
  4. Luigi's Mansion 3 - These are probably the best graphics produced of any 1st party Nintendo game...ever. The animation is so good it looks like Wallace and Gromit. I appreciate the short, bite-sized chunks of action/puzzle-lite gameplay too. Tons of variety and surprises in exploring, yet straight-forward and quick-paced. There's nothing else like it.
  5. Super Mario Maker 2 - It isn't really an exciting game, but I've put a lot of hours into it. Worth it for the 100 Nintendo-designed levels alone.
  6. The Touryst - Fun from beginning to end. I couldn't put it down. I absolutely love the graphical style which somehow managed to feel big and small at the same time. Hilarious characters and dialog. A nice 6 hour adventure that didn't waste my time. An absolute delight.
  7. Katana Zero - Wow this game is awesome. It feels likes a Super Nintendo game on drugs. I hope they make a sequel or build on this engine.
  8. Tetris 99 - Opened my mind to what a Battle Royale game can be.

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Resident Evil 2 - Never thought remake would be this good. It was a perfect game in every aspect. Can't wait for RE3 Remake.
  2. Death Stranding - Kojima masmasterpiece. The community based gameplay is revolutionary. Perfect strand type game lol.
  3. Devil May Cry 5 - Thanks Capcom for making dream come true. The series is back to where it belongs.
  4. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Best star wars game in years. Loved the Souls like gameplay.

reid23

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Death Stranding - You might play this game and feel like Kojima is beating you over the head with a baseball bat to make sure you're paying attention to its obvious themes and relevance to modern-day society. Here's the thing: you need to be beat over the head with it. We all do. Death Stranding is a plea to do better.
  2. The Outer Worlds - More games like this please. A unique hybrid between Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 that doesn't outstay its welcome. Charming, fun, and memorable.
  3. Borderlands 3 - A game made for fans that delivers on its promises in regard to story, combat, loot, and monetization.
  4. Control - The Oldest House leaves an impression upon the player not unlike a BioShock game. The overarching story fortunately makes up for poor dialogue between so-so characters.
  5. Luigi's Mansion 3 - An absolute joy to play -- my biggest surprise of the year.
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Ranks up there with the best of the Zelda series.
  7. Resident Evil 2 - Supremely polished and clever game design.
  8. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - My most reluctant 8/10 of the year. At once invigorating and shoddily put together.
  9. Gears 5 - The first two acts are so good you could stamp a Naughty Dog logo on them. Unfortunately, the game's writing and dissection of main character Kait fall off a cliff in the second half. Still a standount performance from Laura Bailey.
  10. Concrete Genie - A concise, confident adventure that is enjoyable and refreshing to play.

libregkd

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get to play many games this year, go me! Of the games I did play here are my favorites.
  1. Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - I have really loved Final Fantasy XIV, I first started with A Realm Reborn back in 2013 and took a very, very long hiatus; only jumping back in 2018. So the lead up to Shadowbringers, playing through Heavensward and Stormblood, was a treat in and of itself. However Shadowbringers itself is such an amazing accomplishment. By far my favorite part about Shadowbringers is that they finally make your Scion companions feel significant. The Scions have always been important to the story but far too often they were splintered and off doing their own thing, with 1 or 2 of them sticking with you for an expansion. Shadowbringers brings them all together as you traverse Norvrandt and it honestly makes the entire journey more memorable.
    g9TMjpf.png

2. Control - Its a SCP game where you play as someone who has access to supernatural powers as you traverse a research/containment facility. That is the gist of what Control is and if you are intrigued by that then then there is not much more I need to say. Flying around and throwing objects and enemies never got dull for me and there is a set piece near the end of the game that is one of my favorite gaming moments form 2019.
    IY5rmbL.png

3. Death Stranding - I'm not sure what I can say about this game that hasn't been said already to be honest. When people talk about Kojima games they tend to focus on the cinematic aspects of them, which is fair! Kojima produces some very cinematic games. But throughout the Metal Gear series, and especially prevalent here, the team behind these games have a knack for game systems/interactions that are highly refined and complex. While I think the story of Death Stranding is a mess in the worst way, actually playing the game is incredibly satisfying.
    fjW4sFX.png

4. Judgment - I was super curious to see what a non-Yakuza game taking place in the same universe would be like when played from...well not a Yakuza's perspective. Turns out it's pretty similar but that is not a bad thing. Judgement is a great showcase on how this studio can still produce compelling games even with Kiryu in retirement.
    wwujJfP.png

5. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - So heads up on this, I have not completed this game. However! I'm really in love with what Fromsoft did with tweaking the exiting Souls formula into a more action-oriented game. I really can't wait until I dive back into this and finish it.
    sq2Hngi.png

6. Devil May Cry 5 - In another year this game would probably rank higher on my list because this is a real great action game, especially since it's been a literal decade since the last entry (I really love DmC but I feel it's a whole different thing than the mainline Devil May Cry games). There's not much else to say that it is a Devil May Cry game, and if you like those, this is another great one.
    SLz1oiQ.png

7. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - This was a pleasant surprise for me. I mean no disrespect in saying this but Fallen Order is the exact type of B game I've missed from the Star Wars universe since EA acquired the license. It's not super amazing at anything it does but it is highly enjoyable and fun despite it's jank.
    6aDxci3.png

8. Sayonara Wild Hearts - This was a last minute pick up for me but I'm glad that I did. I wouldn't call it a rhythm game but it is definitely a music game. It's essentially a playable album and the music and visuals work in concert together to create a super cool experience.
    4OdUFji.png

9. Kingdom Hearts III - I've generally cooled on this game since it first released. The story is not great and the Disney element feels more irrelevant than ever (even as they've included some neat choices for worlds to visit). The combat remains a blast to play though and it really just has me scratching my head why no one else has ever bothered to try and replicate it's gameplay.
    OkFvQ3K.png

10. Untitled Goose Game - Being an annoying goose is great.
    j5bb52B.png

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
1. Resident Evil 2: Never thought remake would be this good. It was a perfect game in every aspect. Can't wait for RE3 Remake
2. Death Stranding: Kojima masmasterpiece. The community based gameplay is revolutionary. Perfect strand type game lol.
3. Devil May Cry 5: Thanks Capcom for making dream come true. The series is back to where it belongs.
4. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order: Best star wars game in years. Loved the Souls like gameplay.

You gotta use the "ordered list" function if you want your vote to count

Status
Not open for further replies.