• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised by most of the results. Best PC game being Nier is pretty funny though.

Remember when PUBG was going to dominate here because it was so popular? Whatever happened to that...

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Nier/Horizon should have both been two places higher. Possibly the other way around. Not sure though.

Nauro

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
very thankfull to you all that you appreciate nioh. what a wonderful game that is underappreciated. also surprised that xeno2 is in top 10 i thought y'all hated it lol good list

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Great year, nice list. Not surprised that since of my choices didn't rank but, eh, I can't complain. Nice job.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
swvwh1e.png

Shame on you Reset Era.

Oct 25, 2017
A bit bummed that Splatoon didn't make the top 10 but the list is pretty great and 12 ain't bad.
Blown away that xenoblade got a spot. Great game

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Not bad ERA. I'd swap Mario out with Divinity 2, and bump Horizon way the fuck down. But I get a lot of love went to both those games I found very disappointing.

As it stands, I find the list more agreeable than most on the internet.

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo took it this year for sure.

I'm really surprised to see Automata and Xenoblade 2 rank so high, pretty nice.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played Nier's beta and I thought it was pretty bad.

Is the demo representive of the full game? I don't get all the praise!

Maybe a YouTube analysis or something could help me understand?

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This thread makes me realise why I hated 2017 for gaming. Disliked all the top 5 and didn't really like a single top 15 game either.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
VERY surprised and pleased to see Xenoblade 2 having been voted so much. Samus Returns won best remake too! Great lists.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i like nier, but that port should not be anywhere near best pc game with them completely abandoning and not patching it.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty dang solid list. It lines up with how most of the hype went on the board. I'm sure everyone has their nitpicks, mine'd be that mario is a tad too high, but it makes sense given how much this board was into it. I expected BOTW 1 with Nier at 2, so SMO being 2 is kinda shocking. Cool to see Horizon up there too. Yakuza 0 coming in at 6 is stellar. That game needs more recognition.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Good list. Happy to see xenoblade 2 in top ten. Fantastic game. Over 100 hours in and got a while to go. I don't want it to end.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My top 10 was that and damn, almost everything made to either the top 10 or 20 lol
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. Persona 5
  4. Yakuza 0
  5. NieR: Automata
  6. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  7. Metroid: Samus Returns
  8. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
  9. Splatoon 2
  10. Gravity Rush 2

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zelda absolutely deserved it. Never did I have a game rise to be one of my favorites of all time faster and never did I think that you can teach a class on another game besides Mario 64.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
latest

The squids totally deserved best shooter awards, I've spent so much time on this game and it's always fresh. So much better than the already great S1 in every way.

Overall great list fellow users, better than a lot of lists I've seen.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I played Nier's beta and I thought it was pretty bad.

Is the demo representive of the full game? I don't get all the praise!

Maybe a YouTube analysis or something could help me understand?

The demo is how the game begins(as a mechanical tutorial with a brief action dungeon), but it ends when the game starts proper. So you really haven't seen much of anything beyond learning the basic controls and traversal.

Much of the praise stems from the tone, story, narrative surprises, music, and various gameplay gimmicks that are not worth spoiling for yourself.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
4 of the top 6 games were also 4 of my top 6 games. Personally think SMO was the better game but BOTW is also an all time classic and deserves the praise.

Although I just realized I forgot to put DQVIII 3DS on my ballot. Would've been number 3 on my list if I had remembered that it came out last year.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I really should play Zelda and SMO already. I haven't started either and I've owned a Switch for months

Wolf 2 right where it belongs, outside of the top ten

Very surprised to see XB2 on there

Status
Not open for further replies.