• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A 2014 racing game beat all of 2017's racing games in the votes. Testament to how strong Mario Kart 8 was!

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
xenoblade1.gif

The only good Xenoblade game.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Amazing list. I'm glad to see Xenoblade 2 but havent finished it yet. 50 hours in at near end of chapter 7 and it's pretty fantastic.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is freaking fantastic. I love it so much. Nearly skipped it, but I'm so glad I tried it. Full thoughts in my Top Five: https://www.resetera.com/posts/3544657

I'm intrigued by Divinity. It just looks... very complex. I imagine it's quite manageable in practice, though?

Just don't play as an undead your first time through without grabbing a head covering in the starting area. Unless you hate yourself that is.

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking over this list just makes me realize what a great year 2017 was for games and also how long my backlog is.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Great to see Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in the top 10! I am closing in on the end and I was regretting that I didn't place it so very happy that a December game still got strong recognition.

Looks as though the only games I haven't bought on the list are Edith Finch, PUBG, and Divinty 2. Oh to be a PC gamer! At least I can try Edith Finch.

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017
Can't disagree with any of those results.

Good work on this thread and the awards all. Fantastic job!

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting to see what made it. I was surprised by Xenoblade 2 as well even though I think it's one of the best JRPGs in a long time, I didn't know the people here thought so as well lol. I was under the impression that Zelda or some other things would be lower, but it turns out that people actually just like the games. I've read a lot that some of these games don't deserve what they got or reviewers were biased, but to see the site itself pick these things just should let a lot of others know that good games are just good games. I own all the consoles and a high end PC and I actually played most of these games and it's just been overwhelming to play so many quality games in 2017. Top 3 are coincidentally my favorite games of this year (with Xenoblade probably being 4 for me) Here's hoping 2018 can be even half as good.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
Shouldn't Sega and Atlus be counted together for best publisher? Since Sega owns Atlus like Activision and Blizzard.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Solid list, ended up being closer to what I would have wanted than I thought it would be.

Happy to see Yakuza and Xenoblade in the top ten, those were big surprises for me.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Great year but Divinity definately got robbed when it came to overall rankings. Only thing really going against it is that not enough people played it.

hemtae

Oct 25, 2017
If Divinity: Original Sin 2 ever gets a console port and the combined point totals from that year and this year doesn't get it in the top 5 for this year and that one, I will have very stern words for you ResetEra.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
Very happy to see Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in the top 10! I'm a bit disappointed in Nioh's and Divinity: Original Sin 2's placements, though.

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yo what the fuck happened to PUBG though. Got shown up by the squid kids. Surprised not to see a bigger outrage.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
A bit Nintendo Switch heavy, but it was a great year for Nintendo gamers. Wish Hellblade had more recognition.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
That's a very strong top 10. Surprised to see Xenoblade 2 up there (I didn't play it so I can't say if it's deserved or not, but I didn't notice a ton of buzz around it). Good job ERA on getting #1 correct, yet again.

Can't complain about the list. 6 of my personal Top 10 are in the forum top 10, and 12 of my top 15 are in the top 18 here. Clearly, I have excellent taste. ;-)

Awesome job everyone who put this together this year!

EDIT: Nioh is really good from what I've played so far (just started it yesterday). Wish I'd been able to start it sooner so I'd at least have given it an honorable mention, it seems like it's deserving of its placement on the list.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The general vibe I get is that most people that take the step and play it love it.

I've never done sidequests in an rpg before and here I am, 150h into this game after beating it and doing just that.

Oh i know, but i didnt want to be the one to say "most people that absolutely hate it and are the loudest havent play the game"
I know there people that have played and dont like it, and thats a respectable opinion, but ive never seen as much hatred for an anime rpg ever than with this one on the internets, and we know a lot of this people havent even touch it (becuase a lot of them dont even try to hide they havent play it)

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great year for Nintendo, well represented here.

My only grumble is that Forza wos robbed (I'm not mad, MK8 is superb).

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Well that catapulted Nier Automata to the top of my backlog pile.
Also, 3 Switch games in the top 10, Nintendo returning ro stunning form in 2017. Will get all 3 of them once I will finally get a Switch this year.

Great list overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.