• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
How were the games on the handheld list determined? Several games on the mobile list also have Switch versions.

Edit: Oh, is it Vita/3DS?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Top ten is pretty great, though for me outer wilds is number one but I also forgot to put in my submission so I'll sit my ass down lmao

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Apex not even cracking top 20 while Fallen Order takes a top ten spot is one of those decisions I'm going to scratch my head over for the rest of the year.

The Nintendo fans were strong with this one. I love Super Mario Maker 2 and Luigi's Mansion 3, but they truly feel like the types of games that made it in simply by virtue of being Switch games when you look at what was left off the list.

Plum

May 31, 2018
For something as niche as Sayonara Wild Hearts I'm really happy to see it get #30 overall

And my #2 pick got GOTY so I'm happy overall :)

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
These are some pretty good winners.

RE2 well deserved and the following places and category winners are nice.

Also isnt Game of he Decade a little bit early considering the decade isnt even over yet?

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That recency bias worked out pretty well for Star Wars, huh. I personally would have switched it with Bloodstained.

overall it seems like a weak year when you look at all the top games.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
This is the first non Sony/Nintendo published game (in other words, first game playable on Xbox) to win Era/old site's GOTY since 2011(!)...

2011: Portal 2
2012: Journy
2013: The Last of Us
2014: Bayonetta 2
2015: Bloodborne
2016: Uncharted 4
2017: Zelda BOTW
2018: God of War

A well deserved one too if I do say so myself! Was my pick as well. Great list. :)

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yooka Laylee is on 44 - not too bad for the little platformer that could!

If there had been a platformer section it might have even won.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Very glad that RE2 made it out on top, pleasantly surprised that Three Houses made the top 3.

A little gutted that DQXI scored so poorly. I'm hoping that's just because people had it down as a 2018 game, but man, not even in the Top 10 for Switch? That's tragic.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Shame a remake won over (in my opinion) more interesting games like Fire Emblem or Death Stranding, but I guess you can't argue with great polish. Anyway, I enjoyed participating again and thanks to the organizers for all the hard work.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Happy to see Astral Chain represented :)

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Glad Judgment placed in the top 20

Kinda curious how many lists had Death Stranding in the top 5 vs. how many lists didn't have it at all. Feels like the marmite of gaming where you either loved it or hated it (I was in the latter camp)

and at least Shadowbringers will probably perform super well in the soundtrack of the year poll

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom is back. Sad that ace combat 7 didn't make it. Also, why is kind words in the adventure category?

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for your vote

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
DMC5 in the top ten? Not bad for a budget title! Also the top five were also all nominated at The Game Awards right? Guess it wasn't rigged after all haha.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apex was my number 1, no top 20 sadly but at least it took top shooter!

I just started RE2 last night and got through the first underground section. I can say the win is 100% deserved this game is fantastic.

Also, feel the need to share my little story about Apex again. This game meant a lot to me.

The memories with Apex hold a very special place to me. It allowed me to reconnect with a friend who moved to Texas and we were playing damn near every day. When I broke up with my ex of 5 years, he and this game helped get me through it. The characters are fun, Respawn's gameplay is fantastic as always. This and Jedi have made me a certified fan of whatever they produce. This game was my number 3 entry. When I started typing about the memories related to it and how good it made me feel, I had to move it to #1. Hell, Tyler is playing it right now. Thank you Tyler.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Glad Judgment placed in the top 20

Kinda curious how many lists had Death Stranding in the top 5 vs. how many lists didn't have it at all. Feels like the marmite of gaming where you either loved it or hated it (I was in the latter camp)

and at least Shadowbringers will probably perform super well in the soundtrack of the year poll

Some lists I'd be interested in seeing:

- Which lists were focused on one console (IE how many Switch only ballots were there)
- Most common game commonalities (ie did the Disco Elysium people also vote for Pathologic)

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Information
In the coming weeks we will be working with the Game of the Year team to open voting for the Game of the Decade. Any game published in the last 10 years will be eligible and can be voted for. This means you should go back and replay all of your favorite games before voting opens so you can pick which you liked the best.

More information on the Game of the Decade vote will be forthcoming.
Please allow us to vote for more than 10 games. I don't know how one could possibly narrow down the essential games of the last decade to just 10 games

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Was the Star Wars game heavily patched or something? I persisted with it for longer than I usually would but found it really unfun.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Fire Emblem at #3 makes me so happy!

Also, the best fighting game category is a sham! :p Power Rangers got outpopular'd

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
awesome to see so many nintendo games in the top 20, with FE being in the top 5. all great games, very well deserved. what a year they had. and my thing for link's awakening was used in the OP! nice.
and of course congrats to RE2 for being the overall winner, very well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.